Options

[CYOA] - The Origin of Avian Supremacy - Island Adventure!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    You're missing the big picture, here: we could kill the trees. That's reason enough to do it.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I suspect Retaba is a tree himself.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I suspect Retaba is a tree himself.

Retaba, you filthy tree apologist, is this true? D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Doesn't want to build walls

Wants to keep the trees alive

I bet he's like a Trojan Bird. Cut him open, and trees will come pouring out.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    We should string him up and make our nests in his branches.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Fools, the lot of you. I want to enslave them and make them valuable minions in our Dominion of this world. You simply wish to satisfy your simple desires. We are superior not by right of wing but right of MIND. All will fall to us, they have no choice, so long as we make everything in this world work to OUR needs and wants. You wish to deny us options and limit our capabilities and you call me a TRAITOR?

Retaba on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Retaba wrote: »
    Fools, the lot of you. I want to enslave them and make them valuable minions in our Dominion of this world. You simply wish to satisfy your simple desires. We are superior not by right of wing but right of MIND. All will fall to us, they have no choice, so long as make everything in this world work to OUR needs and wants. You wish to deny us options and limit our capabilities and you call me a TRAITOR?
    Retaba is secretly racist. D:

It seems like we are turning into Magical Bird Nazis. :/

I just want to build pretty things. :(

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Doesn't want to build walls

Wants to keep the trees alive

I bet he's like a Trojan Bird. Cut him open, and trees will come pouring out.

Why build walls protecting standing trees when we can enslave these walking ones and have mobile fortresses? We are Avian and thus walls are pointless to us, I wish to use them offensively and you can only think of your precious wooden homes that you no doubt wish to cower in at night. Try to slice into me and I shall cook some chicken tonight!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The trees are at best a slave race that we eat and use as a construction material.

We will learn about them from their bodies and ashes.
    This is my plan. The trees are the ideal slave race for us.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    The trees are at best a slave race that we eat and use as a construction material.

We will learn about them from their bodies and ashes.
    This is my plan. The trees are the ideal slave race for us.

Fine, I'll agree to this, if our warriors cannot see but one step in front of them, why should I care how many fall to an enemy/slave we know very little about. I will change my vote to an optional ENSLAVE which no doubt will require violence right away. Let us see how powerful we are against these plants.

• Options
    (Also to be honest, I thought that whole nationalistic avian thing was what we were going with?)

• Options
    Is it not nationalistic to make other races your slaves?

We don't necessarily have to start with violence. We can learn their weaknesses first through peace and diplomacy, then, when their guard is lowered, we strike.

Probably with some fire magic :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    That was my plan, but everyone seems to want to just attack, so I say we settle for a attack/capture plan.

With fire magic, good to put some fear into them.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Militaristic Plants

My people have arrived

N23 - 3 - $

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    N23 / 2 / !

Let's have some grilled vegetables.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    So what types of birds are we again?

I know there are like... political owls, but what else do we have?

Averax doesn't really fit in any of militaristic/magical/religious/political. He's just a builder guy. An artiste even. I guess I'll add in another species to our tribe. Averax will be a goose (Do we not have geese yet? Because that seems like a major oversight).

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    We are all avian really, you can pick any bird you want.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, any type of bird you want to be is a possibility! No bird type is locked into any role or anything, either. Hawks can be mages, pigeons can be warriors

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Well Averax is a giant manly goose then. A goose with a thirst for building. The Master Mason, The Great Builder, The Grand Architect, etc, etc.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "We need walls, dammit HONK! We will be vulnerable to HONK HONK attack without them! "

• Options
    "We need walls, dammit HONK! We will be vulnerable to HONK HONK attack without them! "

I think he's more of a silly goose. He just wants to build the walls because he thinks they'd look cool. He doesn't care about their military/strategic value. He will certainly play that aspect of it up when it comes to the "I told ya so's" though. Averax will always propose to head towards the closest building materials on the map, and always propose something that leads towards building more stuff in town. He's gonna turn Birdville into a glorious utopia.

Do we have a town name? We should probably have one of those too.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Ill put that in next group of choices after narration :)

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Guys, walking trees = mobile, living town.

Alliance/Slave race and we can bring our entire civilization wherever we wish. Our range will be unlimited. Walls? Treetown will be walking, fighting walls, 24/7 for our glorious empire.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    yes, excellent

become reliant on the Treeples

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    yes, excellent

become reliant on the Treeples

Yes. However, Masters being reliant on their Slaves rarely ever turns out poorly for the Masters. At least not for a long time :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    It could be our Treecago.

Barkansas?

• Options
    Also, we could always pursue this as a symbiotic relationship.

The trees will provide us with shelter and resources.

We will poop on them to provide fertilizer. And give them purpose and boss them around.

Perfect!

• Options
    Trees! You will shelter us during our birdfuck

• Options

We will poop on them to provide fertilizer. And give them purpose and boss them around.

Perfect!

Clearly Averax needs to invent indoor plumbing for all these crazy birds going around pooping on sentient creatures for fun and profit.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »

Perfect!

Clearly Averax needs to invent indoor plumbing for all these crazy birds going around pooping on sentient creatures for fun and profit.

Sure, take the fun out of it!

• Options
    "Damn that silly goose Averax and his stupid toilets. He took all the fun out of pooping. Now I have to go indoors and be sanitary... how obscene!"

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    I remind you these are trees, yet they are talking. Trees, which by definition are inanimate and stationary, crawling around and spewing sap gurgles as a form of communication. When that tree opened its "mouth," I was sickened by the sheer unnaturalness of it.

We have been given dominion over fire and air for a purpsose, and I believe we have found it. We must remove the unclean abominations from this land and make a pure and prosperous future for our Avian chicks. Remove these unnatural creatures, in the name of the feather-land.

Flight power!
    I mean, wasn't facist birds the whole point of going military spec? Did I read that wrong?

• Options
    I voted for magic

Steam profile
  • Options
    zekebeau wrote: »
    I remind you these are trees, yet they are talking. Trees, which by definition are inanimate and stationary, crawling around and spewing sap gurgles as a form of communication. When that tree opened its "mouth," I was sickened by the sheer unnaturalness of it.

We have been given dominion over fire and air for a purpsose, and I believe we have found it. We must remove the unclean abominations from this land and make a pure and prosperous future for our Avian chicks. Remove these unnatural creatures, in the name of the feather-land.

Flight power!
    I mean, wasn't facist birds the whole point of going military spec? Did I read that wrong?

And we're magical talking birds. I have to think that's just about as unnatural as talking plants.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    zekebeau wrote: »

Flight power!

And we're magical talking birds. I have to think that's just about as unnatural as talking plants.

Blasphemy

Steam profile
  • Options
    Okay Kilnaga, now you are just being silly. We are magical talking birds, thus we are natural. QED. Things that are not magical talking birds are unnatural. It is nest logic, didn't your mother teach you this while disgorging food down your gullet?

[/character] If I made anyone uncomfortable with the bird-surpremacy act, my apologies.

• Options
    I just wanted to build a pretty wall. ._.;

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    How about this? We crush the treeple, then since we are on a beach area we can then build a wall using the shells we find there. It will be the prettiest wall ever. Sound nice?

• Options
    Don't tell me how to build my wall! You may just find yourself cemented into its foundation. Just because Averax wants to build pretty things, doesn't mean he isn't capable of being just as magical/militaristic as the rest of you lot. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    A slave race of trees sounds fantastic. Very useful things, trees.