As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dresden Files RPG: Low Profile IC

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Nick shakes his head. "Kid, there's no need for threats. We've got your best interest in mind. Things could get dangerous, and we don't want you stuck in the middle of that."

• Options
    Dread__CthulhuDread__Cthulhu Registered User regular
    George cocks an eyebrow at Autumn's words. "Employer?? What "employer?" He digs his wallet out of his desk, maintaining eye-contact with Autumn.
    He carefully pulled a sweat-shirt on over himself and stared frankly at Autumn.

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    George

“His name is Michael Raith, you might have heard of him, he owns Club Boast.”

Ethan

As the girl started to crawl along the floor away from Ethan the couch that he’d been hiding behind went flying across the room and into the wall. Jacob loomed over Ethan with his gun aimed directly at him.

“You think this is funny!?”
    Alright so I’m going to say that it takes two fate points to discover one of Jacob’s aspects and then invoke it. Ethan uncovers Holds A Grudge granting him a +2 bonus to his attack.
    Rapport4d6= 1,2,1,3 = -3. Holy crap that is bad.

So Jacob is going to take some Social stress and a mild consequence, Distracted in order to avoid being taken out.

Might 4d6 + 4 = 3,3,5,1. Total of Good (+4)

Nick and Li Mei

“Will you please stop treating me like a kid? I’m twenty years old!” Sliding off of her stool the girl reached into her pocket and fished out a few dollars which she slammed on the counter. “Even if you won’t let me come with you I’m going to that club!”

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    "Okay, Autumn, I'm gonna trust you on this, but you have some explaining to do."

• Options
    CalaCala Registered User regular
    A bead of sweat rolled down Ethan's face as he stared up at Jacob. "Let's not do anything too hasty here Jacob. Why don't you let me know why you're here? Maybe we can figure something out just between the two of us. Mano a mano."
    I'm going to try and keep Jacob talking and distracted. In addition, I'm hoping to get him to open up and explain why he's here and what's going on.

Rapport to keep Jacob talking: 4dF+3 2

I would also like to make an alertness roll to declare that the security guard who ducked behind the counter is trying to sneak up on Jacob while I have him distracted.

Alertness: 4dF+2 2

Wow these are some pretty mediocre rolls.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Francis looked away for a moment, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. You just surprised me." He stood up from the bed, wobbling slightly. He waved Cali away when she started forward, "No, I'm good."

Stepping over to Cali, he looked down at her, "I can't say I'll be your mate. Not yet. But, I would like to spend more time with you."

He smiled, "I've made far too many decisions in my life hastily." He touched his bandaged cheek, "This souvenir is just the tip of the iceberg. I owe it to you, to myself, to make sure 'Us' is the one decision I take the time to do right."
    Empathy (Social Defense): 4dF+3 1 -2 social stress ticked off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nick raises an eyebrow, working to keep the smile off his face. "20? So old." His voice softens. "I don't know your name - what else am I supposed to call you?" He tugged at his beard, deciding to change tactics. "You've seen the way I deal with trouble - it's a big, hairy, direct approach. And it can be rather indiscriminate. Since I don't know you that well, I don't really want to put you in that sort of danger. I'd be more comfortable knowing you were somewhere safe, with a hot meal and a warm blanket.

"But, barring that," Nick sighs. "You could tell me what your deal with Raith is. Or you could cut an old man some slack, and tell him you'll stay out of trouble for the night."

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Ethan

Jacob tossed his gun aside sending it spinning across the glass covered floor. “You don’t get off that easy Ethan. Not after what you did to me. I’m going to tear you apart with my bare hands.”

Jacob lashed out with a kick aimed for Ethan’s ribs.
    Rapport 4d6 = 6,6,4,3. Totaling 2.

Fists 4d6 + 1 = 5,1,6,6. Totaling 3.

Also that guard isn’t going anywhere for the time being.

George

“You have my word I’ll explain everything when we have more time.” Autumn walked towards the door but David stepped in front of her.

“That’s it? You disappear for nearly a year and then just turn up like nothing happened, and we’re supposed to accept that?”

Autumn’s eyes lingered on the bat in David’s hands and George could tell she was prepared for him to take a swing at her. Who the hell had she been with for all this time? “You don’t have to accept anything David you’re not coming with us.”

“Says who?” David frowned.

“Me. My employer needs to speak with George, but I’ve gone to great pains to make sure he doesn’t know anything about you and you’re not going to screw that up. I respect your wishes to remain a neutral party in the war but George and I don’t have that luxury.”

Before David could respond to Autumn she’d yanked the bat out of his hands and tossed it to George. David stared down at his empty hands confusedly then back up at Autumn. “Don’t ever let me see you pick up a weapon again David, not unless you’re prepared to use it.”

Without another word she strode out into the hall and turned towards the elevators.

Francis

Cali backed away from Francis smiling. “That’s all I ask, but I understand if you need to take some time to make your decision.”

The gnoll queen crossed the room and opened the enormous dresser revealing an assortment of expensive men’s clothing hanging inside. “In the mean time I assume you’ll want to track down your friends and see that they’re safe. I wasn’t sure what sort of attire you’d like so I asked for a bit of everything. Take what you like and I’ll see about getting you some transportation.”

Nick and Li Mei

The girl rounded on Francis like a charging bull. “He promised me Ambrosia if I brought you to him alright?! Are you happy now?!” Her anger faded and she retook her seat on the stool next to Francis. She didn’t look angry anymore, she just looked like a very tired young woman. “I tried it at a party a few weeks ago, I only went to that club because I heard it was a good place to score drugs. I must have asked the wrong person because security hauled me into Raith’s office. I thought he was going to hand me over to the cops but he didn’t. He offered me a deal and I took it. If I don’t go back with you then I won’t get what he promised me.”
    ]Rapport 4d6 = 4,1,2,1. Totaling -3. Wow. So she is the first character to be taken out in a social conflict. Go jdarksun.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Nick's face twisted in rage and revulsion. "Ambrosia? Abso-fucking-lutely not. If I find out that this Raith guy is distributing that shit, he's done. He'll be lucky if I give him a chance to get out of town. Do you know how many kids that shit kills, kids that just wanted to escape the hunger gnawing at their bellies? How many people are in the streets, that sold everything they own just to score another hit? The gang violence that sprouts because of it? No way. No fucking way. Not in my town."

"C'mon, Li Mei." The werebear turned to leave. "Let's go clubbing."

• Options
    Sakutian wrote: »

George

“You have my word I’ll explain everything when we have more time.” Autumn walked towards the door but David stepped in front of her.

“That’s it? You disappear for nearly a year and then just turn up like nothing happened, and we’re supposed to accept that?”

Autumn’s eyes lingered on the bat in David’s hands and George could tell she was prepared for him to take a swing at her. Who the hell had she been with for all this time? “You don’t have to accept anything David you’re not coming with us.”

“Says who?” David frowned.

“Me. My employer needs to speak with George, but I’ve gone to great pains to make sure he doesn’t know anything about you and you’re not going to screw that up. I respect your wishes to remain a neutral party in the war but George and I don’t have that luxury.”

Before David could respond to Autumn she’d yanked the bat out of his hands and tossed it to George. David stared down at his empty hands confusedly then back up at Autumn. “Don’t ever let me see you pick up a weapon again David, not unless you’re prepared to use it.”

Without another word she strode out into the hall and turned towards the elevators.

George looked at David with a helpless look. "I gotta find out what this is all about, David." He gives the bat an underhanded toss back to David and ducks out the door, following Autumn.

• Options
    Years of martial arts training primed Ethan's actions as he rolled to the side to dodge Jacob's kick.

Coming out of the roll, Ethan continued to spin around with a leg sweep aiming to take Jacob off his feet.

"I'll have to thank Li Mei for that move" Ethan thought to himself.

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    "Ooh, I'd love to," Li Mei said, hopping off the stool nimbly. "We need to get some proper attire."

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Ethan

Jacob’s eyes widened as he saw the kick coming towards his legs but he couldn’t get out of the way in time. Cursing as his legs were swept out from underneath of him the former agent of Themis fell cracking his chin on the floor in the process. He looked up at Ethan, even though his chin had been split open and was dripping blood onto the tiles he was still smiling.

“I see someone has taught you a few moves. Good.” He stood up and reached for the hilt of a sword hanging on his hip. Drawing three feet of steel out of the scabbard he slashed out at Ethan with speed of a striking cobra. “That should keep things interesting.”
    Athletics 4d6 + 4 = 1,1,2,2. Totaling 0. So Jacob is going to take some physical stress here. Actually it is going to be quite a bit of physical stress.

Weapons 4d6 + 5 = 6,5,4,2 Totaling +6 or Fantastic. Just for the record Jacob’s sword is a weapon (2).

George

Autumn lead George to the elevator and they rode it down to the ground floor in silence. When the doors parted hesitantly a girl with bloody hands ran into George’s arms sobbing quietly. George caught a glimpse of a man smiling insanely and swinging a sword at Ethan.

“He killed him, oh god, oh god he killed John. He’s going to kill us too!”

Nick and Li Mei

Lance set a plate that had been crowded with chips and a sandwich in front of the girl. "Don't worry you two I'll make sure she gets home alright after I close up."

Club Boast had been built in the heart of downtown. The three story nightclub stood out like a glittering beacon among the deserted museums and restaurants neighboring it. The fact that Club Boast had no difficulty keeping the lights on while many hospitals were running on emergency generators spoke volumes about the Raith’s influence. A line of people going around the block had crowded beneath a long black awning for shelter. Despite the rain and the cold they all seemed to be in high spirits, eagerly anticipating their chance to get inside. Even from a distance the fast paced thrumming vibrations of the music coming from inside. Lithe sharp eyed women and a few imposing hard faced bouncers were guarding the door and checking I.D.s before allowing anyone inside.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    "Oh come on. That's hardly fair now." Ethan mumbled as he saw Jacob reach for his sword.

Ethan started to dodge to the left but in a flash of insight, he realized that Jacob was making a feint. Reversing his momentum, Ethan tumbled back the other way just in time to avoid having his nose remodeled and instead gets a shallow cut accross his shoulder.

Regaining his balance, Ethan quickly steps inside of Jacob's reach and throws a quick elbow at his face.
    Athletics to dodge sword: 4dF+4 1

Ok wow that's pretty bad. I'm going to spend a fate point and invoke Investigative Justiciar of Themis and call upon my past fighting experience in order to re-roll that.

Re-rolling athletics to dodge sword: 4dF+4 5

Much better. Ethan takes 3 physical stress. 1, 2, and 4 remaining.

Fists to attack Jacob: 4dF+3 4

And with that, I'm all out of fate points.

Cala on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    George looks helplessly at Autumn for a moment, and then runs to the wall and pulls the fire alarm to hopefully scare the swordsman off and to summon the police and EMTs to help the wounded.

He exits the dorm, hoping to assist Ethan and get the lot of us out of here.

Dread__Cthulhu on
  • Options
    Ethan and George

Jacob threw his head back just in time to avoid having his nose broken by Ethan’s elbow. Taking a step back he raised his sword overhead preparing to bring it down in a deadly arc. The sudden ear piercing sound of the fire alarm startled Jacob and his blade froze in mid-swing as his eyes darted around.

Autumn had pushed the bloodied girl down into the corner of the elevator. George heard her stepping out into the lobby as the doors shut behind her.
    Alright so Autumn is going to send this terrified girl upstairs.

We're applying the aspect "Blaring Alarm" and "Emergency Responders On Route" to this scene as well.

Quick thinking has given Ethan and George a chance to turn this thing in their favor so do what you will.

Athletics 4d6 + 4 = 4,2,6,2. Totaling 4. So Ethan’s attack hits but does no damage.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Seeing Jacob's attention suddenly breaking, Ethan quickly steps back in again and grabs Jacob's wrist and swings his body around in an attempt to disarm him.

"What'cha gonna do? What'cha gonna do when they come for you?" Ethan calls out in a sing-song voice.

• Options
    As his sword slipped out of his grip and clattered to the floor Jacob's eyes filled with a frantic energy. Throwing off Ethan's hand he lashed out at him clusmily with his eyes on the blade. "Get off of me!"
    Weapons4d6 + 5 = 1,4,2,5. Totaling 4. Ethan's attempt to disarm Jacob works!
    [/url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3978618/]Fists[/url] 4d6 + 1 = 1,4,6,5. Totaling 2.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Earlier...

"Are you sure about this, Li Mei?"

"Lai lai, of course I'm sure. You spend all day picketing and volunteering in food kitchens. You wouldn't know fashion if it spent three straight weeks ladling soup at your elbow."

The sign outside the salon proudly proclaimed its intentions; done up in bright gold filigree, the word "Glamor" caught the evening sun all a-glitter. "This," the Monkey Princess said proudly, "is where you will be reborn."

Nick swallowed hard and they went inside.

Thirty minutes later...

"This just will not do," a catty voice said, its owner, a wispy lanky man dressed in a frilly lilac shirt, pointing at the large bear of a man. "He's hairy and unkempt. I will not work under these conditions."

Li Mei, under a hair drier, put down her phone and blinked. "Carlos, he is not so bad. Think of it as a challenge to ah, mmm, demonstrate your mastery of cosmetics."

Carlos' nose wrinkled as though he just caught a whiff of something thoroughly unpleasant. "I do not like it, Mei. He smells of the poor."

Nick's hackles rose and he was about to say something equally unkind in return but Mei cut him off. "Ah, he is a community servant, do not judge him. You are a master, Carlos, I know you can work... wonders." There was some hint of an implied threat there, Nick could sense, and it seemed to deflate Carlos.

"Ah, si, si, I will do as you say."

"Of course," said the Chinese girl, returning to her phone.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    "Unless you have something to contribute to this mess, I think we should be going, Autumn." George didn't like the idea of bailing on Ethan, but a busted "wing" was enough major trauma for one night.

• Options
    Surprised by the sheer speed of Jacob's swing, Ethan tries to sway his head away from the blow only to get clipped on the chin.

"Oof. This taunting thing doesn't seem quite as cool when I manage to get decked in the midst of spouting more witty repartee."

Still slightly dazed, Ethan throws a quick jab at Jacob.
    Fists to defend against Jacob: 4dF+3 1

Ethan takes 1 physical stress from Jacob's punch. Boxes 2 and 4 remain.

Fists to attack Jacob: 4dF+3 2

• Options
    George cusses at Amber's seeming indecisiveness and reluctantly enters the melee, kicking at the sword to get it out of the way!

• Options
    Ethan and George

Jacob dodged Ethan's jab with a burst of speed that simply wasn't human just as George's kick sent the sword spinning across the floor well out of reach.

Autumn stalked into the lobby with the crackling aura of a mother whose returned home to only to find that her children have made a wreck of her living room. Surverying the damage to the lobby her eyes lingered on the body of the student who had been killed in Jacob's inital attack then fell on Jacob himself. She bowed her head slightly keeping her eyes on the man in front of her. "As a servant of the White Court I bid you greetings Lord Lents."

Jacob balled his hands into fists as he stared Autumn down. Slowly bending like a great tree being bent in a powerful windstorm he bowed. "I accept your greeting, and I offer my own on the behalf of my lady Nemesis."
    Athletics 4d6 + 4 = 4. So Ethan's attack doesn't hit.

Since the sword was laying on the ground I'm going to consider that an automatic hit, and a roll of rou is good enough to put it far out of reach for the moment. George also earns himself a nice fate point for staying to help out his buddy. Go George.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Black, square-toed boots. Burgundy leather pants. A burgundy suede jacket with vinyl panels on the chest and shoulders. Black zipper in the front.

No shirt under the jacket.

"Are you, uh... you're sure people wear this? Like, here? In DC?" Nick couldn't help but fidget with the jacket, trying to find more give in the upper torso. It clung to his heavily muscled frame.

The lanky man crooned. "Ooohhh but of course! Look-look-look at yourself, my dear! Aren't you a sight, a vision in red? But, mi corazón, are you ... are you sure about that ... that thing on your face, that animal pelt?"

His beard. They had already trimmed it, sculpted it, cut his hair and teased it into something that rose from his head like a short, deliberately messy mane. "Yes." Nick kept the growl out of his voice. Barely.

Carlos threw his hands up in the air. "Dios mío, estoy en una casa de locos! Fine fine fine, have it your way you insufferable boor. Keep your chinmop. Li Mei! I have done everything I can for this lout. Present yourself to me."

She entered, twirled, spun herself around effortlessly. The outfit was... Nick could only describe it as a vinly three piece suit. The jacket was black, worn open and flared at the hips. The vest was a burgundy that matched Nick's ... outfit. She had a white shirt and black tie under the vest, and her hair was ironed straight that hang down around her head like a curtain. Black pants and flats finished the effect of a businesswoman from a very, very different world.

"Didn't I tell you? High fashion!" Li Mei beamed.

Carlos put the back of one hand to his head, and fanned himself with the other. "Aye mi! You are too perfect, Li Mei. You must go - leave, leave now, before I change my mind and demand that you stand in my window for all eternity. The customers, they would flock to me and I would never get any sleep. My poor back! I am already too tired. I cannot have that.

"Why are you still here? Go! And take that beard-thing with you. Bring it back when it learns to shave. And wax. Aye mi. Go." But behind all the fussing, Carlos' eyes twinkled.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Francis glanced over the hanging clothes, "Uh, could I have a little privacy please?"

Cali smiled and laughed, though she tried to hide it behind her hand, "Are you shy? How cute." She moved over to the window and made a show of looking out, giving Francis the illusion of modesty.

Francis dressed quickly, finding clothes in his approximate size. He ended up in an outfit much like he wore during his illusionist's act. Minus a coat, he had on a white button down shirt with a black vest and black dress pants. He cleared his throat and Cali turned around, "All finished." She looked him up and down, "What, no hat?"

Francis smiled and swept a bow, "Alas, you had none. Or I would have gladly borrowed it." He straightened up, "I want to thank you again for the rest, food, and medical care. The clothes too."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Still keeping an eye on Jacob, Ethan gives a quick nod in George's direction. "Good to have you here George. Now who's that woman next to you and did she just say servant of the White Court?"

Seeing as how the danger had not passed yet, Ethan readied himself to pounce on Jacob once again. After all, he sure as hell wasn't going to let that bastard go after he just murdered that poor kid.
    I'm going to roll fists to place the aspect Ready to Pounce on myself.
    Fists to place aspect on myself: 4dF+3 5

• Options
    Cala wrote: »
    Still keeping an eye on Jacob, Ethan gives a quick nod in George's direction. "Good to have you here George. Now who's that woman next to you and did she just say servant of the White Court?"

Seeing as how the danger had not passed yet, Ethan readied himself to pounce on Jacob once again. After all, he sure as hell wasn't going to let that bastard go after he just murdered that poor kid.
    I'm going to roll fists to place the aspect Ready to Pounce on myself.
    Fists to place aspect on myself: 4dF+3 5

"This is... um... Autumn. We were just on our way out to Club Boast... What are *you* doing here?" And who is that maniac?"

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Just as he's getting ready to attack Jacob, Ethan feels a restraining pressure upon his mind and body as though he was physically bound by chains.

"Damnit Themis, is now really the time to be enforcing ancient and archaic rites of customs when a known murderer is standing right in front of me?" Ethan thought this statement loudly in his own head but was too exhausted from his physical exertions to fight against his goddess's will.

Grinding his teeth, Ethan slowly lowered his fists.

Taking a breath to compose himself, Ethan turned to George. "Is Autumn one of your friends? You do know what the white court is don't you? I hope you're at least being cautious around her?"

"As for this guy," Ethan gestured towards Jacob, "he's a crazed maniac from my past who just tried to mow me down with an assault rifle. So you know, just another guy from my sordid pas...wait, did you just say you're going clubbing?"
    I'll accept the compel and get a fate point seeing as how I currently don't have any.

Cala on
  • Options
    George looked slightly embarrassed. "Long story, specifically one I haven't heard yet."

George turns to Autumn. "Now what? I'd like to avoid the police, but it seems we have a situation here..."

• Options
    At the club, Nick surveyed the scene. "Long line," he muttered to Li Mei. "You wanna wait, or should we go ask real nice to be let in?"

• Options
    Francis

“Promise me you won’t ruin your new outfit fighting monsters and that will be more than enough thanks.” With the gnolls trotting behind her Cali led Francis through the spacious sitting room and out into the hall. The gnolls pressed their noses to the door sniffing loudly as she shut it before they came out into the hall.

“There’s a car waiting for you in the lobby, the driver is being paid to take you anywhere in the city, and he knows better than to ask questions.” The gnoll queen wrapped her arms around Francis in a tight embrace and then released him. “Be careful wizard.”

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Ethan and George

“I don’t think that’s going to be a problem George. Not unless Lord Lents would like to answer some rather difficult questions. I’m sure a few of your old friends on the force would be pleased to see that your death was only a temporary condition.”

Jacob stared Autumn down then turned and stalked towards the door. Stooping down to pick up his sword along the way he pointed the tip of the blade at Ethan. “Thank the girl Ethan, she just bought you a little more time.”

Sheathing the sword he slipped out through the ruined front door and charged across the lawn in a bounding run.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Nick and Li Mei

Li Mei looked at Nick incredulously as she unhooked the velvet rope from the post it’d been connected to and stepped out of line. “Haven’t you learned anything Nicholas? The rules do not apply to a princess.”

Amidst mumbled cries protest and glares the Monkey Princess made her way towards the doors of Club Boast. Half a dozen bouncers and security guards were waiting for her by the time she arrived. A tall woman with hair the color of fresh strawberries stepped to the front of the group watching Li Mei and Nick with piercing green eyes.

“Miss Feng and I see you brought Mr. Borchard with you as well, how nice.” Andrea Mallory’s tone was polite and businesslike but there was still something dangerous about her. “Mr. Raith has prepared a special table for you both, let’s not keep him waiting.”

Andrea turned and led the way through the front door two guards stepping in behind Nick and Li Mei as they entered the club. The fever pitch of the music thrummed louder than ever inside. People in varying degrees of intoxication were crowded along a white bar the length of a limousine, while others were writhing and swaying on the recessed dance floor. Tinted lights flickered on and off above the dancers casting pales shades of green, red, yellow, and blue over them as the lost themselves in the music.

Tables had been set on a raised platform along the dance floor allowing a clear view of everything below. Pale tablecloths and sparkling dishes were set at each one that they past, most of them were occupied by diners, and Michael Raith was at the heart of it all.

Wearing a black suit that must have been pure silk over a red shirt of equally fine material the White Court vampire’s pale face lit up when he saw them approaching. Like all of his kind he was beauty made flesh, and like most things that seem too good to be true so was he. His chiseled jawbones, curving chin, and sparkling eyes were all meant to entice prey. He smiled at Li Mei as two waiters swept in and pulled out chairs for her and Nick. The security guards stepped back so that they were out of the way, but Andrea put herself just behind Michael where she could keep an eye on his guests.

Michael looked Li Mei and Nick over with a bemused smile. “My, my, my I see Carlos is still performing miracles, you really should let me buy you something more fitting though princess.”

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Sakutian wrote: »
    Ethan and George

“I don’t think that’s going to be a problem George. Not unless Lord Lents would like to answer some rather difficult questions. I’m sure a few of your old friends on the force would be pleased to see that your death was only a temporary condition.”

Jacob stared Autumn down then turned and stalked towards the door. Stooping down to pick up his sword along the way he pointed the tip of the blade at Ethan. “Thank the girl Ethan, she just bought you a little more time.”

Sheathing the sword he slipped out through the ruined front door and charged across the lawn in a bounding run.

George looks at the Ethan and Autumn and says "Can we *please* leave now?"

• Options
    Ethan and George

Autumn nodded to George and ran out the door, when they were otuside she turned left and charged towards a sedan that had been parked on the lawn at the corner of the building. Flinging the rear passenger's side door open she pushed George inside jumpin in behind him.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Francis smiled, "I don't make promises I can't keep but I'll try for you." He briefly hugged Cali back before breaking the contact, "I have to go."

Heading down to the lobby, Francis found the promised ride and driver parked out front. He climbed into the back seat and the driver shot him a look through the rear-view mirror, "Where are we going?"

"Just head out towards the suburbs." Francis said, "I need to check up on some friends." As the car pulled away from the curb, Francis gave the driver Melanie Fairsmith's address. He had to make sure the kids had got home safe and sound. Not that he didn't trust Nick, he knew the man would lay down his life if it came to that.

But Francis had to know. There was something about the situation that just twinged his intuition.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "Only if it's a gift freely given without let or lien," replied the Chinese girl coolly. "Can't trust you since you broke my heart once already, hm?"

• Options
    As Jacob ran away, Ethan glared at his back before quickly turning and checking on the poor boy who had gotten shot earlier.

Confirming that the boy truly was past the point of saving, Ethan closed the boy's eyes and uttered a quiet prayer over the body and vowed to take down the gunman who had done this.

Standing up, Ethan looked around to see that George and Autumn had run out the door. Narrowing his eyes, he gave chase and raced after them towards the car.

"Where are you two off to in such a rush? Are you so eager to go clubbing that you can't even wait for the emergency vehicles arrive and make sure everyone at the dorm is alright?"

Contrary to Jacob's words, Ethan was not about to thank Autumn for any of her actions. From his point of view, this girl just showed up, told a known killer to run away, and was now quickly escaping the scene of a crime without a word of explanation. Announcing herself as a servant of the White Court definitely did not help matters. He could tell that George knew this girl somehow but he was highly suspicious of her actual motives.

• Options
    Cala wrote: »
    As Jacob ran away, Ethan glared at his back before quickly turning and checking on the poor boy who had gotten shot earlier.

Confirming that the boy truly was past the point of saving, Ethan closed the boy's eyes and uttered a quiet prayer over the body and vowed to take down the gunman who had done this.

Standing up, Ethan looked around to see that George and Autumn had run out the door. Narrowing his eyes, he gave chase and raced after them towards the car.

"Where are you two off to in such a rush? Are you so eager to go clubbing that you can't even wait for the emergency vehicles arrive and make sure everyone at the dorm is alright?"

"Away from the lights and sirens -- who do you think pulled the alarm??"

George allowed himself to be pushed into the car, trying to settle the niggling feeling in the back of his mind that this was a *bad* idea.

• Options
    Nick's gaze traveled from Li Mei to Michael. "I take it you two know each other?"