Options

Vampire: The Masquerade, The [Phalla] for Columbus Night : Camarilla* and Neutral victory

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    On day zero I did not know that I would be invulnerable to attack, or who wanted to kill me just for existing.

All we had was a 65 player list that I had to complete.

I took my power late, and then I got kind of excited.

Langly on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Langly has my support, though the whole neutral lie thing seems really weird. If your an invulnerable mason why not just jump out and say that, seems like the village should be willing to help you out there. I know the nosferatu don't interfere with my wincon and doubtfully many others.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Langly has my support, though the whole neutral lie thing seems really weird. If your an invulnerable mason why not just jump out and say that, seems like the village should be willing to help you out there. I know the nosferatu don't interfere with my wincon and doubtfully many others.

right, but i didn't know that. And like I just said, I didn't know I was invulnerable until I had basically talked to everyone.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    We are all under the impression that while Langly cannot be vigged the mafia can use their kill on him and we are planning accordingly, yes?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    it sounds a little too good to be true

but assuming it is true, the langster had no clue that lvl 3 obfuscation would be OUTRIGHT IMMUNITY TO GODDANG EVERYTHING and the host would likely have balanced it knowing that not every nosferatu would pick the same uber ability

so its plausible, but still

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    it sounds a little too good to be true

but assuming it is true, the langster had no clue that lvl 3 obfuscation would be OUTRIGHT IMMUNITY TO GODDANG EVERYTHING and the host would likely have balanced it knowing that not every nosferatu would pick the same uber ability

so its plausible, but still

Level 2+ abilities have a blood cost. It's (somewhat) balanced by the fact that they can't do it forever because they'll go into torpor.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    We are all under the impression that while Langly cannot be vigged the mafia can use their kill on him and we are planning accordingly, yes?

always plan to wake up dead

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea suppose he did start sending out PMs minutes after the game started before he got any information back so it all fits. I just hate starting every game with the option of soft-networking with langly and trying to determine what level of shit I'm being fed.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    always plan to "wake up dead"

Great Megadeth song!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Yea suppose he did start sending out PMs minutes after the game started before he got any information back so it all fits. I just hate starting every game with the option of soft-networking with langly and trying to determine what level of shit I'm being fed.

this was only a small amount. My wincon really is to survive and to make the list. It's just also village.

Langly on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Also we're talking about a relatively small number (≤~8) of players in a 65-player game. Also votes.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Speaking of, Langly hooked me up with the other members of my clan, and I'm sure most have a similar story, so I feel good about this vote (even though having a Nosferatu prince will be weird).

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Speaking of, Langly hooked me up with the other members of my clan, and I'm sure most have a similar story, so I feel good about this vote (even though having a prince for longer than a day will be weird).

Fixed and agreed. :P

• Options
    That too, although I meant flavor-wise. :P

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Langly had been working hard here. I'm cool with him for prince.

Only vote history on Gizzy is supporting Fiaryn for prince. Could have potential at least.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So now that we have all this figured out... who the hell are we voting out tonight?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Now is the time to generate vote records!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    working on that, but first some housekeeping:

If you have Auspex of any level, please talk to me.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Only vote history on Gizzy is supporting Fiaryn for prince. Could have potential at least.

Fiaryn coordinated the Brujah murderizing of Gizzy after Langly tipped him off Gizzy was mafia.

Fiaryn also told all of his supporters to switch to Langly for prince.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »

Fiaryn coordinated the Brujah murderizing of Gizzy after Langly tipped him off Gizzy was mafia.

Non-informative. A mafia and a villager in that situation would likely do the same thing. Had Langly known that the surtitle meant mafia, Fiaryn would have come under stong suspicion had he not taken action. I don't think this clears his name, but it certainly doesn't condemn him either.

I guess the question for Langly is: Did you know Gizzy was mafia when you reported her to Fiaryn?

Edit: The second part is helpful, though.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    :whistle: Captain planet, there's a weirdo
    he should have his votes above zero :whistle:

CaptainPlanet82....success!

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Langly

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Without much to go on, I'm going to vote for someone in the middle of the ill-fated Spectre wagon. Aaaaaand...Matev it is.

• Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    Langly for prince.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Also, holy crap that's a powerful tandem of powers you have there.

always get really good at something instead of kinda good at several things

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I learned that in the Skies Phalla. I built a nice well-rounded ship and regretted it.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    SPECIALIZATION IS KING

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    In any other game it's usually a good plan to build yourself a nice suite of abilities, etc. In Phalla its all about the instant gratification. Grab power where you can because you're already dead.

• Options
    specialize, because you have a team

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

I make this mistake ALL THE TIME.

Except in Skies of Phalladia, where I was nicely specialized but it didn't matter because Fiaryn killed me anyway. :?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

If you can only make one action, might as well make it as useful as possible

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    OK. Whew! Crazy day. My spreadsheet should be current, and, of course, Phyphor's Magic Box is always up-to-date.

DODGERBLUE
    Langly: 28 (Rainfall, Fiaryn, Langly, SaberOverEasy, MagicPrime, Alegis, oaklore, Mikey CTS, Wiet, Gaslight, stever777, GrimmyTOA, Zombie Hero, kime, HeavyVillain, Pharezon, facetious, ObiFett, Anialos, shalmelo, Baidol, El Skid, JaysonFour, SeGaTai, blahmcblah, CaptainPlanet82, LoserForHireX, DumpShock)
    Fiaryn: 10 (Kilnaga, Delmain, TheRoadVirus, Mill, warban, Kay, Maximus, WhiteZinfandel, CesareB, cj iwakura)

RED
    ObiFett: 4 (Kaplar, The Anonymous, stever777, JaysonFour)
    Langly: 3 (Kay, El Skid, facetious)

• Options
    Pretty sure El Skid recalled his red vote.

Steam
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    So he did. I guess the Magic Box doesn't count that?

My count (blue)
    Langly 28
    Fiaryn 10

(red)
    ObiFett 4
    Langly 2

• Options
    Some other housekeeping:

If you have dementation at all, please get in touch. If you are @cj iwakura or @bedlam , please talk to me.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I'd like to point out that Obi was on the correct side of the Langly issue. I think he should be relegated to "wait-and-see" instead of a vote for today.

Edit: Because a mafia probably wouldn't defend someone that they suspected they needed to eliminate with votes.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    I don't see the reasoning for Obi. I don't think Kaplar has been back on to change his position and Anon is faking crazy so the dementation research Langly appears to be doing may sort him out.

stever777 for now (same reasoning as Obi's vote).

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    So he did. I guess the Magic Box doesn't count that?

My count (blue)
    Langly 28
    Fiaryn 10

(red)
    ObiFett 4
    Langly 2

It does, but I guess green isn't close enough to lime for the algo to pick it up?

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Yeah, the vote against Obi Fett doesn't hold up. stever777 seemed to be leading the charge on this one.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    plenty of time to start your own vote if you want

like Urkel

liEt3nH.png