As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do We Have A Beer Thread? I Want to Talk About Beer Now

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I had the Myrtle by Commons the other night (GABF silver winner for sour ales). I liked it a lot! I like Commons a good amount.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Picked up a couple of summer close by beers for cheap.

• Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Glad the locals are mesmerized by the elusive (sometimes expensive) beers. Leaves too many options of what to drink.

I must be the only one buying up GL's Oktoberfest and its only 6.99 a sixer.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Cincitucky wrote: »
    Glad the locals are mesmerized by the elusive (sometimes expensive) beers. Leaves too many options of what to drink.

Wow that is a great price. I am super jealous.

I still believe Great Lakes makes the best Oktoberfest.

• Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    jgeis wrote: »

Thought the price was a mistake first time I cashed out at the register. To think about it too, GL's Oktoberfest is a seasonal beer so the stuff on the shelves isn't old. Its hard to purchase anything with this cheap price.

Fully agree on this compared to other Oktoberfests. During the Cincinnati's Oktoberfest, I end up visiting Great Lakes booth more than others. They make solid beers. Not always exceptional but definitely solid.

Cincitucky on
    Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Thought the price was a mistake first time I cashed out at the register. To think about it too, GL's Oktoberfest is a seasonal beer so the stuff on the shelves isn't old. Its hard to purchase anything with this cheap price.

Fully agree on this compared to other Oktoberfests. During the Cincinnati's Oktoberfest, I end up visiting Great Lakes booth more than others. They make solid beers. Not always exceptional but definitely solid.

Agreed, I have never been disappointed with a Great Lakes beer. They're consistently good and always a safe bet on any menu. The only beer of theirs that I have had really wow me is Lake Erie Monster. I find it really, really good.

• Options
    Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    Just drank a 750 of Sierra Nevada/boulevard brewing batch 3 terra incognito. A dark wild ale with 32% aged boubon barrel, 55% wine barrel and 13% young ale. A beer without a category and very very good. This is the kind if shit I love about craft beer.

Maul360.png
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    Latest Haul: 6pack of Oskar blues Old chub, bottle of Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen, bottle of Black Butte XXV, and some whisk(e)ys (Black label, The Balvenie Doublewood, Basil Haydens). I really don't know what I want to start with tonight.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Only beer I can comment on is the XXV and that one should be juuuust past the 'okay, maybe think about cracking it' date. You'll be in good hands there.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    The schlenkerla rauchbiers are ridiculous smoky, all three of them (speziel, marzen and one more). It's like drinking a summer sausage.

Maul360.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm big on smokey beers. But not more than one or two in any given drinking session.

Edit: I feel like Geth has been giving me a surprisingly large number of reactions lately.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    I had the Old Chub tonight. It was fantastic. I would recommend picking up a sixer of it, if you come across it.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    I'm always heaping praises on Old Chub. Keep an eye out for the Nitro cans of Old Chub, they're tall boys. It's like a scotch ale milkshake.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We have Old Chub around here. I'll have to grab some next time I'm beer shopping.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I'm having a smokey beer night. First was Yeastie Boy's Rex Attitude (100% peat smoked malt) (they do a double called xeRRex); then Epic Loves Bacon (smokey IPA); and now Moon Dog Black Lung IV, an American Oak aged smokey stout. Much fun.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Tyrant526 wrote: »
    Just drank a 750 of Sierra Nevada/boulevard brewing batch 3 terra incognito. A dark wild ale with 32% aged boubon barrel, 55% wine barrel and 13% young ale. A beer without a category and very very good. This is the kind if shit I love about craft beer.

I need dis.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    A little tardy on the praise here, but I wanted to point out that Armadillo Ale Works took home Gold in the Imperial Stout category for Quakertown.

Denton TX just got on the beer map. Woo!

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    I'm going to be so sad when this thread hits 100 and gets locks. It's been around so long it feels like it's always been here

• Options
    20141010_165809_zpsanmkb1oo.jpg

Also this is happening right now.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    20141010_165809_zpsanmkb1oo.jpg

Also this is happening right now.

Is dat some spotted cow? Friends bring that back from Sconny sometimes.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    It is. And it's delicious.

• Options
    We have a new brewery opening tomorrow!

Gull Dam Brewery on Gull Lake. Pumped for the grand opening tomorrow.

• Options
    This Mayflower scotch ale tastes peaty. It's kinda blowin' my mind right now.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    First round of Brewt Squad Exchange sign up ends tomorrow, Saturday, at midnight my (mountain) time!

If you want in, join the Facebook group or just message me here.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    How many people do we have? If it's just 3 or 4 we should just all send to everyone.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    3 confirmed. Waiting on a 4th. Don't worry I'll make it work.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I trust you.

I'm also drunk

• Options
    I've been drinking all night at the new brewery. My wife made a comment that she's never had Boone's Farm.

The night has now devolved into this.

20141011_222146_zpsiu1sbaum.jpg

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Sierra Nevada Flipside red IPA. It's a kind of magic, one that I could drink for a while without getting tired of.
    of it, without getting tired of it

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    Thia new brewery has some hella good beer.

• Options
    Drunk from the hockey game. Not great beer, but they did have Fat Tire.

So yay.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Tried Jagged Mountain today. Their thing is high alcohol beer.

Wild barrel-aged funky beer that is also ten percent why yes thank you

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Oh my lord that Boone's gave me the worst case of gut rot.

• Options
    You deserve that. You deserve every bit of that.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    I know I do.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I had some Black Damnation II - Mocha Bomb yesterday. Thick as a milkshake, tasty like some dark exotic mushroom from the primeval forest. The main adjective is meaty. This a meaty imperial stout.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I had some Black Damnation II - Mocha Bomb yesterday. Thick as a milkshake, tasty like some dark exotic mushroom from the primeval forest. The main adjective is meaty. This a meaty imperial stout.

Awesome, I still have a bomber of Black Damnation with peaches added and aged in Rum barrels, I am very curious to see what comes of cellaring it a year or so. I've had Mocha Bomb and the Black Berry Albert. I'm a big fan of De Struise, I just wish it was easier to get down here.

• Options
    Going to the beer store today

• Options
    Just bought a nice sampling of 6 Minnesota beers for a special someone

• Options
    I need to think about my selection. I talk a big game about my state and I want to represent it appropriately.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
This discussion has been closed.