As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planetside 2 VANU] Apparently there have been upgrades! People are playing this!

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Man, assaulting bases is some brutal shit.

Also, still looking for an invite, if anyone's around who can send one.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    It's so hit or miss for me with this game. It feels like it takes 2 guys with anti armor to dent a tank, and then it takes all their armor, god forbid if one of you misses.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    so why do the vanu get their own thread

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    On waterson as Obos.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    so why do the vanu get their own thread

Well its actually for the outfit, not just Vanu general discussion.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I haven't logged back in but I'm about to. I'm Drkeenbean on Waterson - Vanu.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Not getting any invite... is there someone we can send a /tell to?

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Oh hey, if you need an invite I can log back on get you in real quick! I think most of the officers went to sleep.

One second and keep an eye out for Retaba

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So;
    Lasher = Terrible. Slow firing, slow projectiles, tiny AoE, barely more damage than the Flare. Also takes the LMG slot not the rocket slot.
    Night vision scope = pretty decent. Lets you easily see stealthers/highlights everything near you with night vision. Be careful on friend/foe identification. Seems worth the purchase for my LMG.
    Getting on top of the energy dome base when assaulting = hilarious. I think I got like 40 kills in one life before they realized I was up there. I was down to pistol ammo at that point too.

• Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    Station name is Heckels....ive never played before so be nice

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    If you need an outfit invite, feel free to send me a friend invite as well. I can get those when I'm not online and run down the list inviting online people to the outfit. Also, I'm online right now!

• Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    All hail the Vanu.

Technology and energy weapons are win, the armor is win.

But the purp makes it pimp.

Won't be able to play much tonight, but will be getting in as much time tomorrow, but Thursday through Saturday are all free.

This game came out at perfect time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    That was good times, too bad my mic is on the decline though. Will be up for more in the future.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    H4LJd.jpg

Yeah...we did good tonight.

• Options
    Also, all Members have invite privileges. So feel free, we can just kick people if they're jerks.

• Options
    casper_27dcasper_27d The Friendly Ghost EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Can someone invite me please, Malodino

• Options
    TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    Teknotier on Waterson (VS)

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Where are screenshots stored for this game?

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Jump into game after work for the first time, join an assault on a Biolab.
    I use a teleporter to get inside while everyone else seems to fight on the launchpads. I get behind an enemy defense force and get 28 kills before I die.
    I had no more main ammo,no more pistol ammo and my last 7 (yes, seven fucking kills) I got by just running into the enemy group and knifing engineers on turrets.

It was glorious.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    VideotapeVideotape Registered User regular
    Teleporter? I feel like there's a lot of little things related to base assaults/captures/defenses I don't know or don't remember from PS1 all those years ago.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    At Bio Labs there is often a teleporter from the peripheral outposts which connects to a secure room within the dome. The main idea is to give attacking infantry a "safe" way into the dome. Alternatively, there are jump points which can launch you onto the aircraft pads.

Jump points are also found in many other locations (like on the outer walls of Amp Stations or at misc outposts).

Teleporters can also be found in towers as a way to get from the top level to the ground floor and vice versa, and they can be found in Tech Plants connecting the spawn room to the interior of the main building (so a more defensive use).

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Going on line for a bit, so shoot me a message at GrimmyTOA on waterson and I'll send along invites. (Still mute as I wait for my new mic to arrive, though)

• Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    I'm on Waterson as Vanu, and my name is Penguinist.

• Options
    Liquid HellzLiquid Hellz Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Jump into game after work for the first time, join an assault on a Biolab.
    I use a teleporter to get inside while everyone else seems to fight on the launchpads. I get behind an enemy defense force and get 28 kills before I die.
    I had no more main ammo,no more pistol ammo and my last 7 (yes, seven fucking kills) I got by just running into the enemy group and knifing engineers on turrets.

It was glorious.

LOL.. yeah there is alot of newb meat out there for the taking. The downside is im also getting TKed a bunch by the newbs on our team.

What I do for a living:
    Home Inspection and Wind Mitigation
    http://www.FairWindInspections.com/
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Man, I'm such noob meat it's not even funny. I did manage to kill a few dudes, but that's about it.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what, but is there a way to get bullet tracers or at the very least bullet holes in things? I can't get a good feel for any of the guns because I can't figure out what the physics are.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I love setting up shop in the biolab teleporter rooms, can shoot out but they cant shoot in. You get so many nubs running right up to the doors. Drop a ammo pack in there and you are gold.

Been playing the Heavy most of the time, picked up both lockout launchers and a lasher, its nice as I can switch out to whatever is needed the most. The anti air has some serious learning curve to it. Two hits on a fighter will usually take it down but unless the pilot is a moron you aren't going to get that second hit, and if the pilot is good they can usually avoid the first.. that said I took down or at least contributed a fair bit of explodey with it. Anti tank is much better only because tanks cant afterburner and turn on a dime... defending one tower me and two other heavies must have destroyed 20+ armored NC tanks.

The lasher... well I've killed quite a few people with it but it is situational for sure. The weapon spread is pretty silly and I have been gunned down even while having the drop on a guy.. That said I also have snuck up and mowed down many with it as well. Dangerous weapon though very easy to hit your own guys with it.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    So, I'm seriously terrible at this, but I'm having fun.

If I could get an invite that'd be great. Name is Krummith

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    In game and server, what I do to get in the group?

Char name mojojoeo.

I am lost.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Welp, I played to about BR10 on NC on Waterson but I am just not crazy about the DVS guys and Vanu seems to be kicking teeth in, so I rerolled onto Vanu.

In game as Varna, outfit invite would be rad.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    As a note, joining vent is the easiest way to get an outfit invite, but I am checking thread when I can.

Oh, and when I'm running a squad, I'm making it joinable through the squad interface. So it should show up there, if you're in the outfit!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    in as mtbiosys on waterson if i can get an invite

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    all hail the vanu

my character on waterson is named BONQUISHA i'll get on later tonight and shoot the bad guys with you

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    deleted my other character so i could roll a vanu on waterson

name's abstrakt11

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    Darcsteelx64 Waterson Vanu. I'll be blastin fools for about an hour more

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Man, Vanu weapons feel like they suck. I'm sure its largely (almost completely) me, but being "medium speed, medium clip, medium punch" makes you feel super shitty when you get the drop on an NC and lose.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    I've got a Vanu on Waterson by the name of MaximilianXavier. Let's go out and trans some humans. Or something.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Oh for people feeling like they are crappy I strongly recommend putting bare minium of the first level certs into the armor/shield upgrades for classes you like. The extra survivability you get as you rank this up turns you from feeling like tissue paper to more of a normal FPS shooter for survivability.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm Darmak on Waterson so send me an invite so we can touch donges.

JtgVX0H.png