As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Grumps: And now back to your regularly scheduled Grumping, already in progress.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I get called out (multiple times) on commenting on Suzy but Local H Jay doesn't get called out on posting the off-topic video on the first place. :(

it was videos made by egoraptor, who is still very much in gane grumps. it was atleast relevant and just a funny video. though since it spawned some sexist bullshit I regret posting it.

besides we all know arin is sexiest and I don't think he wears make up like, at all... except that one time...

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    As odd as the personal details the Grumps willingly volunteered were at times, Game Grumps was never their personal vlog, and unless the conversation strayed in a weird direction (typically during Sonic '06), they tended to focus on the game at hand. I'm not surprised that we wouldn't have seen something like this coming, or that they wouldn't have announced it further beforehand.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I get called out (multiple times) on commenting on Suzy but Local H Jay doesn't get called out on posting the off-topic video on the first place. :(

it was videos made by egoraptor, who is still very much in gane grumps. it was atleast relevant and just a funny video. though since it spawned some sexist bullshit I regret posting it.

besides we all know arin is sexiest and I don't think he wears make up like, at all... except that one time...

Wait, what? How is me saying "I think she probably would look better without makeup" sexist? (Unless you're referring to something else.)

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    I like the Steam Train song.

Can't we be happy about that being cool?

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    The Steam Train song is pretty catchy.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    The song itself is okay, but in general I dislike the name "Steam Train" because I'm pretty much tired of hearing about anything involving "Steam" in general at this point.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The song itself is okay, but in general I dislike the name "Steam Train" because I'm pretty much tired of hearing about anything involving "Steam" in general at this point.

:v:

• Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    My only complaint about Danny is that Jon's I'M NOT SO GRUMP has a nicer sound to it
    Other than that, he's great

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't get the hate for the "new" game grumps theme. It's basically just Dan doing his best Not-So-Grump impression, and it's not like the original was any less dissonant :P

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah I'm really digging Danny tbh

this may have been for the best

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Brian Blessed doesn't have a problem with a loud voice. I for one am shocked!

Also, no comments on ArinGrump getting a streak in his hair? :o

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I actually haven't watched anything with Danny in it yet

It's not a boycott or anything, it's more just that Jon was my favorite grump, so losing him is a bit of a shame

I'm sure I'll come back around eventually

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I have to admit that Danny's not so bad (though he's no Jon, nor should he try to be). Though I want to see what dynamic he and Arin have when they're both playing before I resub.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Adus wrote: »

Toot, toot!

As predicted, subscriber hemorrhage seems to have stopped, currently at 1,007,857.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Wow, the hotline miami steam train video is mindboggling annoying. It takes them 8 min to even start the first level. Annnd the video's over already.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Wow, the hotline miami steam train video is mindboggling annoying. It takes them 8 min to even start the first level. Annnd the video's over already.

That can't be, Jon and Arin aren't on Steam Train.

• Options
    In other news, a YouTube commenter came up with an absolutely brilliant reason that nobody has mentioned yet. The reason Jon had to leave Game Grumps was because he was arrested for stealing the Tiger at the end of the Pacific Rim video.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    The latest castle crashes steam train episode I enjoyed. I'm warming to Dan a lot

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Castle Crashers is absolutely perfect for the Grumps format; its genuinely funny in its own right, and you can just zone out and start mashing buttons any time you want and still do ok. Except for boss fights! On that note, I wonder how they're going to fare against the Cat Fish...

*edit*

Danny: "Can you imagine if your entire body was made out of ball-sack material?"

Welp, that's what I get for watching grumps while eating I guess.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Yeah warming up to Danny on Grumps. Boycotting that Hotline Miami video because I want to play the game first, but I hear bad things. The castle crashers ones are pretty good. Barry has a call back to when Jon references Ross saying Velociraptor weird for being Australian. Still kind of an open wound, but it worked really well. Barry's still my favorite.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Yeah, Barry's the secret sauce that makes this whole thing work imo

• Options
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »

Toot, toot!

As predicted, subscriber hemorrhage seems to have stopped, currently at 1,007,857.

Being in a group like TGS prevents their subscribers from dipping that much. With advertising and cross promotion it's very hard for them to change that drastically. That being said, if my series on YouTube lost the subscribers they did I would be in the negatives.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    It's all just one more glorious step in the magnificent plot to replace the detestable Grumps-and-not-so-Grumps with the omniscient, illustrious and positively divine Barry.

In the end, all will become unto Him.

We are all Barry deep inside.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    One day will be Barry's day, the day all the other grumps have fallen, the day of the Clip Show.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    on the grumps facebook they said the last part of the pacific rim video will feature jon. makes me think it was filmed already.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, he mentioned on his twitter that all the Sonic episodes filmed with Jon have already aired. So that series is dead and done unless a special throw back guest grumps happens. They were close to the end too.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    While seeing their reactions to the final areas of that game would have been fun initially, it would have gotten old really quickly. For them and us.

It took pokecapn and co. how long to beat it? And they actually knew how the game mechanics worked.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2013
    I am almost positive that they got to Long Time Til Touchdown and just said "I know we made a promise, but fuck the hell out of this." That section almost broke the pokecapn crew.

It would have been a shitty Grumps video. The footage is 90% fast forwarding with periodic stops to die on parts they haven't done yet.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    That's how they should have sent Jon off. Have him die during the Long Time Til Touchdown in a very special episode of Game Grumps.
    Introduce Dan and Ross at the same time. Dan is Jon's failed clone and Ross is Arin's evil fraternal twin.

Leave hope at the end by placing Jon's coffin on a Sega Genesis.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Yeah, he mentioned on his twitter that all the Sonic episodes filmed with Jon have already aired. So that series is dead and done unless a special throw back guest grumps happens. They were close to the end too.

I thought the twitter comment was that they finished it and it's all recorded. I could definitely be wrong about that though.

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    I am almost positive that they got to Long Time Til Touchdown and just said "I know we made a promise, but fuck the hell out of this." That section almost broke the pokecapn crew.

It would have been a shitty Grumps video. The footage is 90% fast forwarding with periodic stops to die on parts they haven't done yet.

I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but I was commenting to my friends about how in their last Sonic 06 video before the announcement was made, pretty much the last thing Jon says (after they game over) is "Next time on Game Grumps, I re-evaluate everything that has ever happened to me . . ." and some little joke after that. This is what Sonic 06 does to people. It destroys everyone. I would honestly not be surprised if Sonic 06 alone is what made Jon decide he wanted to stop.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Essee wrote: »

I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but I was commenting to my friends about how in their last Sonic 06 video before the announcement was made, pretty much the last thing Jon says (after they game over) is "Next time on Game Grumps, I re-evaluate everything that has ever happened to me . . ." and some little joke after that. This is what Sonic 06 does to people. It destroys everyone. I would honestly not be surprised if Sonic 06 alone is what made Jon decide he wanted to stop.

I suppose no man is made out of stone...

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Zython wrote: »

I suppose no man is made out of stone...

But a rare few are made entirely out of ball-sack material.

Subs now climbing again, crisis averted. Game Grumps is dead! Long live Game Grumps!

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

Sonic 06 destroying lives since... 06.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I really like Dan. All of the Grumps episodes with him are highly entertaining.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Oddly enough, I am about to commit heresy, but I gave Dan and Ross a fair chance and I like them more than Jon and Arin by far.

Now come at me bros >: (

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    This might've been easier to handle if they'd brought Danny and Ross on part time before Jon left, like Two Best Friends Play has Woolie and Rising Superstar Liam - if Matt or Patt ever left, one of those guys could become one of the Two Best Friends and all would be right with the world. They already do LPs of stuff in configurations like that.

Also TBFP is the best, having so much fun catching up on all o' that.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Danny: "Can you imagine if your entire body was made out of ball-sack material?"

http://marvel.com/universe/Skin
    His mutant power was super stretchy skin, and if this dumb humid weather in Pennsylvania has taught me anything about ball-sack material...

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    BYToady wrote: »

http://marvel.com/universe/Skin
    His mutant power was super stretchy skin, and if this dumb humid weather in Pennsylvania has taught me anything about ball-sack material...

Actually my first thought was this guy:
    Clem_2.jpg

(Its Clement from Buffy the Vampire Slayer if you're curious)

I'm just wondering, if we've got so much Jon material left unseen, why are we seeing only Arin & Danny stuff now?

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm just wondering, if we've got so much Jon material left unseen, why are we seeing only Arin & Danny stuff now?

I imagine they don't want to continue building monatizable views for Jon. Since he is no longer in the Grumps it might be harder to manage an equal pay system for someone who isn't right there to work on it. Besides, if they are serious about using Danny I think they would want to hit the ground running with him.

Vicious_GSR on
This discussion has been closed.