As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The most realistic MOBA out there.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    So like, why the Lee Sin hate? Past 1600, yeah those lee sins tend to be a terror, but I'm seeing people all over the spectrum here who dislike him. I tend not to have any problems dealing with him until the players start hitting every skill shot. Otherwise, it's pretty much just dodge his Q and laugh in his face.

he's in every game i play unless he's banned and they always do well!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So like, why the Lee Sin hate? Past 1600, yeah those lee sins tend to be a terror, but I'm seeing people all over the spectrum here who dislike him. I tend not to have any problems dealing with him until the players start hitting every skill shot. Otherwise, it's pretty much just dodge his Q and laugh in his face.

And the asshole never dies. Feels like you can have three people and a tower beating on him, and he will just kill all of them and walk away.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    why is the range on his q so fucking long, and why also does it do % health damage

975 projectile/1100 gap close

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    There are no champions in this game that have a %hp execute that suck.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

Really? I think he's banned or picked in less than 10% of my games since season 3 started. I am natural Lee Sin armor. Cleary you guys need to play with me more!

Roz on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    why is the range on his q so fucking long, and why also does it do % health damage

975 projectile/1100 gap close

They nerfed it recently so that the Q is 830 range and the gap closer is only 750.

Oh, wait, no, I'm thinking of Diana here because God forbid her ult have a longer range than Lee's standard abilities.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    to be fair diana needed some nerfing, and they rebuffed (or are going to, I forget) the range on her ult to match her q

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    i think they can't change anybody until the itemization is sorted out. Heimer with a Banner and Captains? That's a tower wrecking yordle you got there.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    While we are discussing Steam, I would love to have more friends there (I'm lonely). I'm just 'Sampsen' with a similar deadpool picture.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I don't use steam much but I think my steam Id is Raidak

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I don't use steam much but I think my steam Id is Raidak

Same deal as Roz; can't find you. Can you hop on and add me via my banner?

• Options
    I can when I get home :D

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sampsen wrote: »
    While we are discussing Steam, I would love to have more friends there (I'm lonely). I'm just 'Sampsen' with a similar deadpool picture.

boo go back to the viking!

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    I am Azkorai on steam for anyone interested in adding me.

• Options
    I can when I get home :D

It's a trap!

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    I think i'm "pacificstars" on steam, but I rarely have it on

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Using sorcerous interweb magics I have added you @Rius from a place other than my home.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Maybe this is better?

• Options
    VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    I can reliably first pick singed unless they pick vlad because holy god singed v Vlad is such terror I have no idea how to not die post level 9

• Options
    Has the Dominion player base taken a turn for the worse recently? I'm consistently having games where I'm getting 4-man ganked in bot lane and my top laners aren't even trying to take the Windmill.

• Options
    I can reliably first pick singed unless they pick vlad because holy god singed v Vlad is such terror I have no idea how to not die post level 9

All the so-called 'counter-picks' aren't really that bad and can only hold you back for so long. My worst experience was against a Jayce when I was camped levels 2-6.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular

All the so-called 'counter-picks' aren't really that bad and can only hold you back for so long. My worst experience was against a Jayce when I was camped levels 2-6.

I was trying to learn Singed a couple weeks after Jayce came out, when people were starting to figure out how to use him and he hadn't been nerfed yet.

:( horrible.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular

I am usually a good Singed, but started playing him less due to people learning to counter pick him. Then, I heard Dyrus say something offhand during a match that changed how I look at the matchups completely: "I don't want to fight him, I'm gonna go somewhere else." Then, he just pushed the lane to heck and walked off to jungle. Ate enemy wolves, harassed their mid, then got back before any real tower damage was done to repeat the process.

You pretty well can't lose as Singed - that's up to your team. You might lose your tower - that's fine, now you have a longer lane to farm. You might die early. That's fine, you'll get tons of creeps through the whole game, you can live through a setback. Eventually you will kill everyone and walk away laughing. You just need your team to live long enough that you get to that point.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Has the Dominion player base taken a turn for the worse recently? I'm consistently having games where I'm getting 4-man ganked in bot lane and my top laners aren't even trying to take the Windmill.

I dunno, the other team seems to have taken a turn for the better! :D

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Teemo is Singed's only true lane hard counter, and given equal player skill, it's about as hard of a counter as they come. As Singed in that matchup you should not even be able to lane. Good Teemo players are few and far between though so it usually doesn't matter.

• Options

Maybe this is better?

I find it acceptable.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Soloqueue is cute: if I type "hi! support pls" people seem to honestly think I'm asking for someone else to play support. o.0

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Crs vs ???

voyboy plying lee-sin top. first buy:
    sunfire cape... WTF

http://clgaming.net/live/8790-crs-voyboy

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Yeah, sunfire is becoming really popular. It builds our of armor and health, great in lane.

I was looking at a couple diamond players that ONLY play Singed and it seems to be core. Early armor is best armor.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, sunfire is becoming really popular. It builds our of armor and health, great in lane.

I was looking at a couple diamond players that ONLY play Singed and it seems to be core. Early armor is best armor.

if there is one thing delph has instilled in me, its keep and open mind I am watching and that poor zed, he literally does NO damage to voyboy.

Wow ok next item, blade of the ruined king. Sunfire cape, blade of the ruined king lee-sin too strong.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Sunfire Cape burns dudes when you give them hugs. What's not to love?

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Crs vs ???

voyboy plying lee-sin top. first buy:
    sunfire cape... WTF

http://clgaming.net/live/8790-crs-voyboy

If you think about it Sunfire Cape is super strong early, obviously decreasing in value as the game goes on. I think its an early buy, or else you skip it. And by early, I mean 1st or 2nd item at the latest.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In Voyboy's case, he was up against Zed who does a crazy amount of damage but is super squishy. Early armor and health makes a ton of sense.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

Yes.

The player base is shrinking and I'm certain the matchmaking widened considerably in order to arrange more games.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    In Voyboy's case, he was up against Zed who does a crazy amount of damage but is super squishy. Early armor and health makes a ton of sense.

Do the burns stack? If they do... 5 man sunfire bros.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »

Yes.

The player base is shrinking and I'm certain the matchmaking widened considerably in order to arrange more games.

Are they throwing around any ideas on how to fix this?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Do the burns stack? If they do... 5 man sunfire bros.

If they did it would be good in aram, but you don't teamfight early enough to make this viable in SR

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »

Yes.

Are they throwing around any ideas on how to fix this?

Introduce an ARAM queue and pretend Dominion doesn't exist?

I guess they're working on solving some of the problems that the mode has (the Lightbringer's new passive might help a lot with Teemo, for instance), but given that they've dropped mentioning it in champion spotlights and Vi doesn't even have Dominion-specific recommended items it's fairly obvious that it's low on Riot's list of priorities.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    iburQ.jpg

IT FINALLY HAPPENED

This discussion has been closed.