Options

[25 years of 真・女神転生/Persona] SMTIV out! Gaians wanted, see Lucy for details.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Check the Jungian extras, they're really sick and help you sort out all the Persona/shadow/subconscious weirdness. Hell, I think I want to watch Inception for the millionth time now.

Speaking of extras, the Persona section described Naoto's Persona as derived from how detective novels and such inspire her. I can only think of Case Closed/Detective Conan.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    The ability of the wildcard arises from their Personas though, and Izanagi/Orpheus are of the Fool arcana. The bonds forged and lessons learned are what allow the protagonists to develop themselves, which is why it leads into Judgement, symbolising awareness and understanding and the end of the Fool's journey.

If you take a Persona to be a mask you wear to face others, a blank mask would more easily reflect the feelings of those you're interacting with.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So, uh... yeah.

Just did the December 5'th event in P4G.

D:
    One of the reasons why I shouldn't be playing this on my break at work: I had to stew on my hatred of that character for several hours.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So, uh... yeah.

D:
    One of the reasons why I shouldn't be playing this on my break at work: I had to stew on my hatred of that character for several hours.
    I got the bad end the first time I got here.

Because I wanted to fucking murder namatame. MURDER.

And how the hell are you people managing to 100% all social links on first playtrough of golden. Just coming up on christmas, and still have fortune/lovers at 8 or so at school, hanged/temperance barely started, and tower not touched since I never did enough temperance to max out understanding. I haven't done much jester/aeon either, since I kind of forgot about them for most of the game. I have always had the right arcana at hand when doing links, and I have essentially only talked to people for rankups letting events/exams/evening meetings/shrine stuff do the inbetween. My non social link afternoons have almost all been rainy days where I do the chinese resturant for raising 3 stats, as far as I know the most effective way to do it. I only have death at 6 as well, but that's my own fault for unlocking it late due to not touching devil until late in my playtrough. I have not nailed every Slink conversation option for extra affection points, but that seems overly ambitious as people seem to say it's *easy* to 100% all the slinks in p4.

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    I just remembered that I forgot to say how much I hated Eri's social link when I beat P4G. I didn't do it on the original and I'm glad, because that is absolutely the worst social link from 3 and 4. If you take all the other mediocre/bad links and combine them they still can't be as bad as Eri's. What was even the point? What lesson was learned? Nothing even happened until rank 8.
    Your son doesn't like you and is showing bully tendencies at school. You should probably quit being such a bad parent and actually make an effort to be a good one and stop letting him just run off. Okay you bought an action figure, I guess that's a start. Oh look he thought we were being mean so he punched us with those bully tendencies. Well because he did it for you I guess it's all okay! Now you're a good parent, problem solved, link complete!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Admittedly part of why I'm loving The Answer so much right now is because I just got done slogging through P3 NG+ at level 90+ where absolutely nothing before Elizabeth was even remotely a threat.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    So, uh... yeah.

D:

And how the hell are you people managing to 100% all social links on first playtrough of golden. Just coming up on christmas, and still have fortune/lovers at 8 or so at school, hanged/temperance barely started, and tower not touched since I never did enough temperance to max out understanding. I haven't done much jester/aeon either, since I kind of forgot about them for most of the game. I have always had the right arcana at hand when doing links, and I have essentially only talked to people for rankups letting events/exams/evening meetings/shrine stuff do the inbetween. My non social link afternoons have almost all been rainy days where I do the chinese resturant for raising 3 stats, as far as I know the most effective way to do it. I only have death at 6 as well, but that's my own fault for unlocking it late due to not touching devil until late in my playtrough. I have not nailed every Slink conversation option for extra affection points, but that seems overly ambitious as people seem to say it's *easy* to 100% all the slinks in p4.

You've got another whole month to work on S.Links. I doubt I'll max all of mine on my first playthrough either, but I'm pretty sure I'll come reasonably close without trying.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    So, uh... yeah.

D:

You've got another whole month to work on S.Links. I doubt I'll max all of mine on my first playthrough either, but I'm pretty sure I'll come reasonably close without trying.

You really have a lot of time in January. I was very surprised that I was able to 100% it.

Death might be a problem, though.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Oh, they added another month of s.links?

Figure I'll get all apart from death and hanged then I suppose.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Not quite, Jester and Aeon are out. Jester is a little weird in that the last meeting was sometime in early November I think and Aeon needed to be max before the end of December. Even if you reloaded an earlier save I don't think Aeon appears during an investigation, and beating the December dungeon time skips. Also while you do get January you should probably speak to your Rank 10 teammates again in that month, so knock off pretty much a week of just doing that. I would also do some Naoto bike days to get the last two -Dyne spells.

Well actually about Jester (Spoilers I guess?)
    What rank is it now? Is it 7 or 6? If it's 7 you're good, it's automatic from here on. If it was 6 when you started December and is still 6 now you could salvage it if you reloaded an early save. You needed to go see him alone when you were prompted. If you never got that prompt you can't max it.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Gilder wrote: »
    Not quite, Jester and Aeon are out. Jester is a little weird in that the last meeting was sometime in early November I think and Aeon needed to be max before the end of December. Even if you reloaded an earlier save I don't think Aeon appears during an investigation, and beating the December dungeon time skips. Also while you do get January you should probably speak to your Rank 10 teammates again in that month, so knock off pretty much a week of just doing that. I would also do some Naoto bike days to get the last two -Dyne spells.

Well actually about Jester (Spoilers I guess?)
    What rank is it now? Is it 7 or 6? If it's 7 you're good, it's automatic from here on. If it was 6 when you started December and is still 6 now you could salvage it if you reloaded an early save. You needed to go see him alone when you were prompted. If you never got that prompt you can't max it.

I was 16 S.Link levels away from max going into January. I managed to finish those AND have my extra "date" with everyone on the Investigation Team by the last S.Link day. So you do have a lot of time. But it depends on which links you still need to max.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm mid-November and I barely touched Jester, so that one's out for me.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah it does depend on the links, is Lovers, Fortune, Temperance, and Tower really all you have left? If we knew the exacts I think we could say what would be possible to max at this point. If there was any way you could start Tower on the first week it might be possible to max it. I would make sure to focus on Lovers though as I only remember it being available twice for the extra date. If Temperance is too low and you have the choice between Naoto bike rides and Temperance I would do the bike rides. The last two -Dyne spells are so good to have.

Dehumanized have you done Aeon yet? If you haven't I'd make sure to max it out, it's more important than Jester.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Yeah it does depend on the links, is Lovers, Fortune, Temperance, and Tower really all you have left? If we knew the exacts I think we could say what would be possible to max at this point. If there was any way you could start Tower on the first week it might be possible to max it. I would make sure to focus on Lovers though as I only remember it being available twice for the extra date. If Temperance is too low and you have the choice between Naoto bike rides and Temperance I would do the bike rides. The last two -Dyne spells are so good to have.

Dehumanized have you done Aeon yet? If you haven't I'd make sure to max it out, it's more important than Jester.

I think I'm at rank 8 or 9, shouldn't be a problem to finish it out.

• Options
    Sounds like you should be okay if you focus on it, just be aware that from 9 to 10 you will need a meeting or a lot of shrine boosts, because 9 has no point bonuses to give.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Nozomi is the worst s.link and I will accept no contrary opinions.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Sounds like you should be okay if you focus on it, just be aware that from 9 to 10 you will need a meeting or a lot of shrine boosts, because 9 has no point bonuses to give.

I went ahead and checked, it's 11/7 and I'm at rank 9. I'm spending today in the TV world to complete all my quests, fuse all the personae (today is Skill Change on the fusion calendar), and finish the story dungeon for the month in one go. That ought to leave tons of time to snag rank 10.

Dehumanized on
  • Options

Fortune/lovers are the ones I mostly want to finish up this time around. Death/hanged/temperance/tower I'll probably get a few ranks in, but in newgame+ I'll try to structure things a little better at least for a proper 100% run. Being able to start things at once due to maxed stats will help a fair bit. I might look up the right things to say for some links as well just to make sure I don't flub them too badly. Since my understanding is still not maxed I can't even start tower this time around, always been the hardest stat for me to raise since I hate the temperance link.

I barely touched jester at all, which is sad since I was looking forward to it, but it slipped my mind for some reason.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Dehumanized you should be fine on Aeon, so no worries there. Frozenzen, yeah I say make sure to talk to Rise every chance you get because I was unsure of her times. I hardly ever saw her in the hallway though compared to the others. I think the bonus meetings might have different times than normal meetings. Naoto was available all the time though, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Yeah, lovers is hella scarce in december. I have hit fortune as often as I can, but I didn't have the required stats to start the link in time to finish it before christmas.

I was planning on a "final" playtrough after this anyway, testing out the highest difficulty to see if it is actually enjoyable or just annoying, so I'll try to make it a proper 100% run.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So, I have a question about December. Spoilers, I guess?
    Apparently if I beat the Inaba dungeon in December, it'll time skip me to the 25th, which Gilder kind of mentioned already. There is also apparently a Christmas Event with whomever your girlfriend is that night? How do I make sure I get it? Does the time skip preclude me from getting a call for it?

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

There was a brief shining moment when I thought he was going to turn out to be a member of the Nyx Cult, which could have been amazing, but nope.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    So, I have a question about December. Spoilers, I guess?
    Apparently if I beat the Inaba dungeon in December, it'll time skip me to the 25th, which Gilder kind of mentioned already. There is also apparently a Christmas Event with whomever your girlfriend is that night? How do I make sure I get it? Does the time skip preclude me from getting a call for it?
    Do the dungeon on the 22nd. That's the last day to do it and get the event.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I started playing Persona 2 last night before bed. That game is very.. Different?

• Options
    Always a good thing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Does Ken from P3 count?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Which one was Nozomi again?

Was he the fat dude?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Nozomi is probably still worse.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

Was he the fat dude?

I think so.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I am 100% convinced that Persona 4 was created specifically to justify a multitude of bear puns.

It's a great game, but the puns are bearly tolerable.

I did like the scene where the girls nearly beared all though. Just kidding, that was beary creepy!

And here we go with another avalanche of bear puns and people complaining about bear puns.

It's so polarizing.

..polarbearizing?

:rotate:

ah you bastard! you beat me to it.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Was he the fat dude?

I think so.

Fat guy - Moon S.Link.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I am very confused/lost in Persona 2.
    I just smashed all the emblems in the school, and I have no idea where to go now.

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I am very confused/lost in Persona 2.
    I just smashed all the emblems in the school, and I have no idea where to go now.

Another door shows up on the third floor that leads to the clock tower.

ladi.png
  • Options
    For anyone who cares:
    NichM wrote: »
    This reminded me! I couldn't say anything at the time because Soul Hackers wasn't announced yet, but Kaneko definitely still works for Atlus. We know because we had to get his approval for a few things in the game. Your guess is as good as mine what he's up to these days, though.

Very good news.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    A question about Persona 3 Portable for you wonderful people.

I read that you have to have max Academics for the S. Link with Mitsuru, so I spent the latter half of the first semester maxing out Academics, while neglecting pretty much everything else. I think she's a cool character, and I didn't want to miss that.

Now I'm nearing the end of summer vacation with 10 initiated S. Links (out of 22, I assume), most of which are at rank 2 or 3, with 3 of them at rank 6.

Have I completely screwed my chances of having even 50% completion of the S. Links in the game?

Btw it was really annoying having a week of summer wasted on summer school, with a bunch of Academics boosts that I didn't need. I'm a fucking genius, people. I don't need summer school.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

I read that you have to have max Academics for the S. Link with Mitsuru, so I spent the latter half of the first semester maxing out Academics, while neglecting pretty much everything else. I think she's a cool character, and I didn't want to miss that.

Now I'm nearing the end of summer vacation with 10 initiated S. Links (out of 22, I assume), most of which are at rank 2 or 3, with 3 of them at rank 6.

Have I completely screwed my chances of having even 50% completion of the S. Links in the game?

Btw it was really annoying having a week of summer wasted on summer school, with a bunch of Academics boosts that I didn't need. I'm a fucking genius, people. I don't need summer school.

Quite possibly :P Max charm gives a bonus to levelling S links and there aren't many opportunities to level your party members towards the end. Male or female protagonist?

ladi.png
  • Options
    Male

• Options
    Male has fewer night time links and Hermit is only available on weekends and holidays which makes it a little tougher there too. Don't sweat it, I prefer focusing on my favourite links first time through anyway.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I assumed I'd have to play it twice, but damn. I didn't think I was going to botch it that bad. Glad I'm playing on Easy.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

I didn't max out my S.Links in P3P (first go, MaleMC) but I came a lot closer than I thought, and I did pretty much the same as you except even worse. I focused on Academics because I wanted to be top of the class after every exam.

Shen wrote: »
    Max charm gives a bonus to levelling S links...

Wait, what? I don't remember that.