Options

[25 years of 真・女神転生/Persona] SMTIV out! Gaians wanted, see Lucy for details.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is there a catch-all phys resist? Because since Persona 3 hates you, there's multiple phys types, and Lizzie has them all at her disposal.
    Don't think there is. You're better off getting sharp student.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Farming for Absorb Physical is absolutely maddening. Not sure if I should bother anymore. Also, Hardcore Risette. Ugh.

You want to know what's the worst thing? I only got like one skill card on my way up the dungeon, and it was absorb physical. I don't think I ever got another 10 to show up because I've been farming money since then, and the last dungeon is not the place to do that. Too bad I can't share my cards or anything.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    In the same battle my Yatagarasu learned Cool Breeze, I got a Cool Breeze skill card from shuffle time.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Gilder wrote: »
    Farming for Absorb Physical is absolutely maddening. Not sure if I should bother anymore. Also, Hardcore Risette. Ugh.

You want to know what's the worst thing? I only got like one skill card on my way up the dungeon, and it was absorb physical. I don't think I ever got another 10 to show up because I've been farming money since then, and the last dungeon is not the place to do that. Too bad I can't share my cards or anything.

Grr.

So, I've gotten Absorb Wind twice, Absorb Fire, Absorb Elec twice, and God's Hand twice. Sigh.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    passwords and sources were clearly the best thing ever introduced to SJ. You could ignore them if you wanted to keep it a personal challenge but if you did make a radtacular demon you could share it with your buds and have a stomping good time.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Why are you not just using Telos?

Because I'm playing Vanilla.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    New record: 7,035. Ragnarok makes a WORLD of difference.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I started playing Lucifer's Call.
    Enjoying it a lot. I'm making the main character physical based, so eating the ice magic magatama seems a little wasteful, am I right?
    Also I fused a Jack Frost, so I'm happy. :p

• Options
    No, you'll still want some magic. In the late-game, some demons can't be touched by phys, and the freeze effect of Ice can save your neck in some instances.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrgO08drKLQ

Looks pretty great. Hope the protagonist gets some P4-style brilliant dialogue.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    No, you'll still want some magic. In the late-game, some demons can't be touched by phys, and the freeze effect of Ice can save your neck in some instances.

Oh ok.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Keep the Ice Magatama on until you learn Fog Breath, at least. Odds are you won't learn it in time though :P

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    My pixie just transformed in to high pixie. I was not expecting that.

• Options
    P4: If the Daidara guy no longer says "If only I had more X," does that mean I unlocked all his recipes?

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »
    My pixie just transformed in to high pixie. I was not expecting that.

It gets better! Make sure you keep her descendant or at least her compendium data. Never sacrifice her.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    P4: If the Daidara guy no longer says "If only I had more X," does that mean I unlocked all his recipes?

It means he has a new one pending if you can find x item.

Also, I'm working on the import of EP PSP, because why not. Anyone know when the new scenario becomes accessible?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Also, I'm working on the import of EP PSP, because why not. Anyone know when the new scenario becomes accessible?

Right, so if he's not saying that anymore and I'm on the last day of the game, does that mean I've completed all my Daidara recipes?

• Options

Right, so if he's not saying that anymore and I'm on the last day of the game, does that mean I've completed all my Daidara recipes?

I assume so.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Thanks.

And I finally got Absorb Physical! I'm going to go get breakfast and then finally BEAT this game.

• Options
    9,788. Criticaled.

FML.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    9,788. Criticaled.

FML.

Ouch. :(

Goal is to do at least 10,001 damage and Armageddon, right?

At least Armageddon is easier to pull off in P3 Vanilla/FES than P3P. But still...

• Options
    Also, I finally beat P4G! AMAZING game. I'm so thoroughly happy with it. I'll do a second run after I take a break...with P4 Arena! Which I'm going to load up right now!

Can someone spoiler me how P4 Vanilla ends? I'm rather curious.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Well you pretty much saw how Vanilla ends in Golden
    Roll credits after Yu gets on the train and the video of everyone saying goodbye finishes. The epilogue was a bonus to Golden, and obviously Vanilla makes no mention of Marie and Adachi doesn't show up in the series of speeches because he wasn't a link.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm sure I could accomplish it without this, but I went the extra mile.

She wants to play hardball, so I retrofitted Michael, Raphael, and Throne with Sharp Student. Four out of eight turns accounted for. (Michael resists Wind/Lightning, so that's two.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Roll credits after Yu gets on the train and the video of everyone saying goodbye finishes. The epilogue was a bonus to Golden, and obviously Vanilla makes no mention of Marie and Adachi doesn't show up in the series of speeches because he wasn't a link.
    Is the final boss InO or Sagiri? I mean, the "true ending" exists in Vanilla or not?

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Is the final boss InO or Sagiri? I mean, the "true ending" exists in Vanilla or not?
    Yeah, the true ending exists. Final boss is Izanami-no-Okami.

• Options
    Sharp Student is worthless.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Yeah, Sharp Student and Apt Pupil are lame, I got all of two crits against Maggie in P4G and that's with an Omega Drive as well (no clue if they stack, but whatever). Rather than Firm Stance/Divine Pillar, how about going for evasion with Ali Dance/Angelic Grace/Barbaric Bracers, assuming they're in P3?

ladi.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Divine Pillar is way more useful, because if she hits when I'm using evade tricks , it's gonna hurt. I can at least survive anything she throws as long as she doesn't crit.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Hm, what about Resist Strike/Slash/Pierce on a persona that innately resists them to reduce the damage further?

ladi.png
  • Options
    I played through one of the stories in P4A. I really like it!

• Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Hm, what about Resist Strike/Slash/Pierce on a persona that innately resists them to reduce the damage further?

That sounds feasible, but I'd need to find Persona with those skills.

And I made a painful discovery.

Got her to 9788, waited for her to get countered, and she did... On her first turn.

She used the second to Diarahan. You have to counter her on the SECOND TURN.

Yeah, I hate her too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    1356640674758_zps1e867bbc.jpg

Oh Nyarlathotep, are you even trying anymore?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

That's an actual thing?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »

That's an actual thing?

Resists do stack, but from what I can tell, there's only one of each, and only three Persona have them, one to each. Hanuman has Resist Slash for instance.

So if you want all three on one Persona, you're talking Inheritance Hell.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will take me to run through P4 again.

I think my next SMT game will be DDS vol. 2 since I never finished it. I'm just not looking forward to farming the final dungeon again.

• Options
    I just want to gush a little more about P4G.

So, the ending (major spoilers):
    During the true end, when you're fighting Izanami-no-Okami (after you "resurrect" due to the Power of Love and Friendship), the whole thing where InO fruitlessly spams her ultimate attack was priceless. Even more priceless was how Yu casually takes off his glasses and throws them aside before royally fucking her with his own ultimate skill, like some kind of Saturday Night Fever disco showdown. I thought that was awesome.

Also, wasn't that kind of a big fuck you to the protagonist from Persona 3? Man, he really got fucked over big time. ATLUS was way nicer to the protagonist this time.

• Options
    edited December 2012

During the true end, when you're fighting Izanami-no-Okami (after you "resurrect" due to the Power of Love and Friendship), the whole thing where InO fruitlessly spams her ultimate attack was priceless. Even more priceless was how Yu casually takes off his glasses and throws them aside before royally fucking her with his own ultimate skill, like some kind of Saturday Night Fever disco showdown. I thought that was awesome.

Also, wasn't that kind of a big fuck you to the protagonist from Persona 3? Man, he really got fucked over big time. ATLUS was way nicer to the protagonist this time.
    Well P3's main had a much more serious problem on his hand. P4's was some fog, and eventually it would have happened again if you didn't stop it, but they were in no immediate threat like the fog coming back immediately once he left. It would probably be like 50 years or something. P3 was "The world is going to end in December and you cannot stop it. You're going to have to use some extreme measures to even stand a chance." So his sacrifice was greater because the threat was greater. Also I think a lot of people got upset when the main died, because typically people do when a hero dies, so they changed it for P4. P4 is also much more lighthearted in comparison.

Actually I have a plot issue with P4 that I've been reminded of after playing it again so maybe someone could explain it to me. Why did Adachi send the warning letters? Didn't he specifically say that he was getting enjoyment out of watching everybody think they were doing the right thing and just looping the process over and over? So isn't that inconsistent with the scenes of him in the fog saying things like "Again..." and him sending warning letters? Is it supposed to be some kind of implied "He actually wanted to be caught" thing?

Gilder on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Hell, I remember a lot of people not even realizing that P3 MC was dead. Some combination of the scene not directly spelling out "hey yeah you are looking at a corpse" and an unwillingness to accept that they just did that to you. Even though the game threw memento mori in your face every chance it could.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

I assume it's because Yu Narukami is a righteous dude with all the swagger and a knack for helping people, while the blue haired guy is kinda an emotional parasite who has sex with robots.

The space pope, as always, was right.