As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conservatives Is Weird: Failed(?) Armed Coup at Freedom Works Edition

124»

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    In philosophy terms, "Justice" is often defined as fairness.

So saying that the law should not include fairness is like saying that the like should not include justice.

Which, of course, is batshit.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So Sen. Crapo gets busted for DUI, pleads to DWI I believe and...

is promoted to deputy whip by the new minority whip, Sen. Cornyn.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    what a load of crapo

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Apparently one of the reasons Armey left is that he had too much integrity for Freedomworks. No, seriously.

mediamatters.org/blog/2013/01/07/the-rise-of-right-wing-radio-payola/192082

Freedomworks was paying Glenn Beck fat stacks to plug them on his show, and Armey apparently thought that was a waste of money, apparently thoroughly misunderstanding the "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" reality of modern conservative astroturfing.

Gotta say Glenn Beck's found a decent hustle here. He charges a membership fee for granting customers the privilege of listening to him say things he's been paid to say.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Gotta say Glenn Beck's found a decent hustle here. He charges a membership fee for granting customers the privilege of listening to him say things he's been paid to say.

I'd like to get in on that, but it seems that the labor market is limited to horrible shameless charlatans.

I'm two out of three on that, at best.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Cannot believe that his name is actually Crapo. Dont know if thats worse than Wiener or Boehner.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Cannot believe that his name is actually Crapo. Dont know if thats worse than Wiener or Boehner.

And he's the deputy whip behind Cornyn...feel like there has to be some joke there, just can't quite digest it.