As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Secret World] Come play Pretty Princess Dress Up!

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    And don't forget- origami!

• Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Thank you to Suria for hanging out with me for a while while I did some puzzle quests.

And now I must ask if we can re-create the Village People for a screen shot.

Ah cool, I was wondering who P-Dubs was on the forums (Also the name is Suia) ;) That was a fun adventure.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Malakaius wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Thank you to Suria for hanging out with me for a while while I did some puzzle quests.

And now I must ask if we can re-create the Village People for a screen shot.

Ah cool, I was wondering who P-Dubs was on the forums (Also the name is Suia) ;) That was a fun adventure.

It was way too late when I made that post because I know I didn't put an R in the name.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Figured out what causes the shootout rubberbanding today. Seems that any skills that slow your movement speed cause the rubberbanding to happen if the skill uses a different weapon than you used last, so the Builder-Consumer-Shootout force crit method has a tendency to produce rubberbanding. If you tweak your rotation correctly, you can prevent rubberbanding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's why I bought the purple binding, after the first rotation, you just shift OfaK after shootout, and you get the full binding effect during the shootout rather than just for the first 2 hits

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Apparently I have 1200 bonus points for the tsw shop (which were given at 30 missions I read, are there any more bonus point milestones?) and 10 veteran points

I'll check later if the veteran items are any good; for the bonus points: are the issue mission packs ever on sale? I think I'll keep it for issue #9, Tokyo or maybe even 8.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    New York raid is awesome. Just sucks we didn't kill the boss. Got him to 10k and then we wiped. I kept dying like a dumb ass right at the end. I feel like we could have done it if I had stayed alive a little longer.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    @Alegis: As far as I know, those are the only bonus points you'll get, if you're not a subscriber. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Mission packs, I've never seen them go on sale. If aux weapons are important to you, Issue 6 is where you get the Whip, and 7 nets you the Flamethrower.

So I see the monthly things (for men) are bowtie chokers (for all your Chippendale needs), and subscribers get a bat-man... pet... thing.

• Options
    So I see the monthly things (for men) are bowtie chokers (for all your Chippendale needs), and subscribers get a bat-man... pet... thing.
    Nah, it's more like Man-bat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd have been okay with a regular bat. This thing just... ew.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Okay, previously I tanked HF 6 with Mad. Today I've tanked 1-5 with a healer significantly worse than Mad. I guess that means we can do HF now.

Edit: Got a different healer for 6. Finished the dungeon in 3 hours 19 minutes!

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    /want

Know enough about it and Fac to MP them now?

I got into an 18's + HE last night. Full clear. Wiped a couple times on HE 4/6 'coz my running legs are rusty, apparently. But otherwise great.

So I am 5 glyph kits = 100 BB away from completing my DPS set.

• Options
    Well if we can get that healtank again, Fac should be MP-able

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    If you need help MPing stuff, I'm down for helping out.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Today I Learned: If you inspect a person you can link their equipment in the chat. Can't get into a raid group without experience? Link someone else's 10.5 item!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And then get shot down by the guy in the raid who always checks everyone.

• Options
    But seriously, just try earlier on the day during a weekend or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that's the thing. Weekends are for doing stuff we can't do during the week, like spend time with family. /shrug

On the off-chance that I do get time to try it, #1 I still don't have experience, and #2 I can't commit to a schedule. So, until the stars align, I wait. :)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    The issue 8 patch is the one that will contain the Halloween content, so we should be able to expect it before the end of the month, I suppose.
    Issue_8_Cover.jpg

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ooooo. Time to get those cheevos I wasn't able to first time around.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    "Make no mistake, after Tokyo, nobody will ever dismiss the Dragon again."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/7829/The-Secret-World-A-Sneak-Peek-at-Issue-8.html

And the (current) 1.8 patch notes.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Smart money is on the Dragon using Tokyo to destroy the secrecy of the Secret World. There have been persistent hints, moreso if you are a Dragon, that they are actively working against the grand cover up. And we know the secret can't stay a secret forever.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Lots of talk over at the TSW-RP site. Bunch of folks think that it will be shown that the Dragon planned or at least facilitated the attack on Tokyo in order to spur Gaia to create more bees, so that there would be quite a number of them for whatever's coming next.

As for what the Orochi Group is doing- why exactly are they so obsessed with making a super-soldier? Is it in case the bees fail at stopping whatever's coming?

Dun dun dun...

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Attuned: http://pastebin.com/YVRwXmWD
    Unattuned: http://pastebin.com/bc3tWH3c

Augment strings pulled from TestLive data files (I guess?). Getting all of these could take a while.

Rampant sounds cool, +targets in AoE abilities.
    Accelerating sounds hyper-broken.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Lots of talk over at the TSW-RP site. Bunch of folks think that it will be shown that the Dragon planned or at least facilitated the attack on Tokyo in order to spur Gaia to create more bees, so that there would be quite a number of them for whatever's coming next.

As for what the Orochi Group is doing- why exactly are they so obsessed with making a super-soldier? Is it in case the bees fail at stopping whatever's coming?

Dun dun dun...

I have faith the writers are better than this. Making the Dragon retroactively responsible for something like that would be fairly lazy and uninteresting, not to mention a phenomenally shitty plan by the Dragon. Evolving the story in a legitimately new direction would be far better than TVTropes Xanatos Roulette silliness.

No one has less to lose from the Secret World ceasing to be secret than the Dragon. Calculated chaos. It would force the other Cabals to evolve or die, something which is very much dwelled upon at the end of the New York Raid.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    My gods that is a lot of AP. A staggeringly large lot of AP!

• Options
    Maledict66 wrote: »
    My gods that is a lot of AP. A staggeringly large lot of AP!

Yes, it is. They have mentioned that we will need to upgrade our characters to be able to store more AP than our current 175AP max.

• Options
    To be fair, back when I actually did missions, it took like...2 days to get back to the cap after getting all of a new aux weapon

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to having a point for AP again. The aux weapons give me something to spend it on for about 1 day, so I like the look of these. I'm kind of curious how it's going to work though, whether things like the attack rating buff are permanent passives, passives that go in a new slot, items we add to gear, or what.

• Options
    I think you assign them to slots. So, like you'd put the AR one on the utility skill you use once a dungeon

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It appears that most of them are slotted to an active ability, and perform some benefit when that ability is used (depending on the augment).

So like, that one heals you for a % of your HP every time you use an ability. Might be good for a blood/ele DPS spec, what with it requiring Blood Offering to be active...

• Options
    Every time you use that specific ability. The picture had a slot for every active slot

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Accelerating sounds like a great way to increase the uptime of Do or Die, or more chances at LSB or L&L. I'd say DA and BS, but they'll be different by the time we get augments anyway.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, and I doubt funcom would think to change the buff if you put the augment on too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Question from a newbie: Could you please give me some advice on where to spend the 1200 bonus points I got from completing 30 missions?
    I don't care that much about vanity items.
    Some extra storage space...though I can buy that later with ingame currency.
    Perhaps one of the 3 issues available on the store: A Dream To Kill (1200 points), Last Train to Cairo (1200 Points), The Banishing Tyler Freeborn (750 points).

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Question from a newbie: Could you please give me some advice on where to spend the 1200 bonus points I got from completing 30 missions?
    I don't care that much about vanity items.
    Some extra storage space...though I can buy that later with ingame currency.
    Perhaps one of the 3 issues available on the store: A Dream To Kill (1200 points), Last Train to Cairo (1200 Points), The Banishing Tyler Freeborn (750 points).

The Issues are the best thing to spend bonus points on. The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn, Last Train to Cairo, and Dream to Kill are all fantastic storylines and gameplay.

Tyler Freeborn remains my personal favorite.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Well, actually, the storage increases in the store and in game ones are different. But I'd recommend A Dream to Kill.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Well, actually, the storage increases in the store and in game ones are different
    I wasn't aware of this. Do they have independent maximum limits or something?

• Options
    You will have more than enough inventory space just from upgrades bought with (trivially easy to obtain) in game currency.

• Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    You will have more than enough inventory space just from upgrades bought with (trivially easy to obtain) in game currency.
    Depends. I have 252 items in my inventory at the moment!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.