Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[How to] Quote a post from a locked thread

SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzyRegistered User regular
There have been a few occasions when I've wanted to quote a post with a lot of BBcode in a locked thread, but clicking the quote button doesn't work in locked threads. I recently found a workaround and figured I'd share it with everyone else.

1) Find the post you want to quote
2) Right click on the quote button and select "copy link location" or whatever it's called in your browser
3) Find an unlocked thread and hover your mouse over it
4) Note the number that appears in the URL
5) Replace the first number in the quoted post URL with the number from the unlocked topic
6) Go to that URL

You should be taken to a comment window like the one at the bottom of any unlocked thread, but without any posts above it. Unless I've screwed up the steps you'll find the raw text for the quoted post and can copy/paste it to your heart's delight.

pablo_priceSporkAndrewcaptainkTaminBlake Tpooka

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Could you not simply just just highlight the text, copy it into a post where you want to post it, then press the Quote button on that screen?

Dhalphir on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae regular Registered User regular
    That doesn't keep the BBCode, so no.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    TychoCelchuuuforty