As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    There are a surprising number of people I know from college/high school living up in Seattle now.

Is Seattle really that great?

It's not bad! You have a lot of things that are attractive to 30somethings - affordable-ish housing (though getting less so as people immigrate), lots of outdoor activities, decent music scene and nightlife. And of course the geek culture is huge there, it's probably the best place in the US to be if you like games.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I was considering moving to Seattle for a minute, but I met my girlfriend here in California and had a minor falling out with my best friend up there and I ended up rooting myself here.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    damn who knew Platinum Games was so big

nP6ux.jpg

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Desc

I played a lot of multiplayer when it first came out because it was fun and I could play as Chaos. Spikey bits everywhere. But there were a few times I would get on a kill streak screaming at the top of my lungs, "DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR! DIE LOYALIST SCUM! COME AND FEEL PLEASURE OF SLAANESH!"

Then I would control myself.

My table top army is an offshoot of the Emperor's Children.

Because it is all about 6 boobs on a demon.

@mazzyx yessss being ridiculous is the best

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Wait

Do you

Do you guys not always shout things to an empty room when playing games?

Because I definitely have entire monologues

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Someone find an American lady for me to marry so I can move to your country and score with all the accent-loving babes

Well, now we also have gay marriage!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    How come no one wants to play WiiU with me?

No one has a WiiU?
    That's a damn shame. Because the WiiU is friggen AWESOME.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Wait

Do you

Do you guys not always shout things to an empty room when playing games?

Because I definitely have entire monologues

Last night when I got frustrated playing Dishonored I was cursing at my screen with level E-5 sailor words.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Headstomping orks was one of my favourite things about Space Marine

Seriously never got old

I was playing that game and slicing through groups of Orks and I did the execution move where you throw one down and head stomp

and as I did it, I said out loud (to myself, in an empty room), "Stay in your place, gene-filth."

and then I was like, where did that come from

hahahaha

• Options
    Whenever someone posts a picture of their kid and their puppy with the caption "lifelong friends!" I keep thinking to myself, 'well, yeah, that dog's gonna die in twelve to fifteen years, max'

:I

• Options

No one has a WiiU?

Im just dying to get my hands on all those exclusive games and terrifically optimized late ports!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Someone find an American lady for me to marry so I can move to your country and score with all the accent-loving babes

Well, now we also have gay marriage!

Eddy, I'm flattered

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    god I just hate this kids voice in the planetside 2 videos. I dunno if I can give this game a go cause he is just making me hate the game.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Hm... ok. I mean, I'd want to move to Seattle should we move to the States in the future, but that was because I hear there's a large Asian population up there. It'd be nice to find some of the Japanese/Chinese food we both like relatively easily.

Didn't know the economy was strong, though. Should've considered it before leaving Japan, perhaps >.>

工事中
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

No one has a WiiU?

Im just dying to get my hands on all those exclusive games and terrifically optimized late ports!

Yeah' I was skeptical too when I didn't know shit.

Then I played it for 5 minutes. That's all it takes.

Every single person that I've demo'ed it to all had your opinion going in, and afterwards they all told me they wanted one now that they have played it.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Jacob, pertaining to Witcher 1:

My god the controls are clunky and the gameplay is problematic at best

but I find myself compelled to keep going in the story (I'm at Chapter IV right now, I think there are five total?). The world is interesting, if very incomplete. I feel like Geralt isn't really the main character in the overall world, which is actually kinda nice - we're left out of the loop on a bunch of stuff simply because that's how it goes some of the time. The overall 'feel' of the game is very consistent (in that it's all very eastern european :P).

I guess the closest parallel to this would be ME1. A whole lot of gameplay flaws and shortcomings, but a promising story and world.

Eddy on
  • Options

No one has a WiiU?

Every single person that I've demo'ed it to all had your opinion going in, and afterwards they all told me they wanted one now that they have played it.

How does it compare to a Wii?

Because I had one, but never played it. :(

工事中
  • Options
    The WiiU has New Super Mario Bros 2 and Pikmin 3.

I want those games. :(

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

but I find myself compelled to keep going in the story (I'm at Chapter IV right now, I think there are five total?). The world is interesting, if very incomplete. I feel like Geralt isn't really the main character in the overall world, which is actually kinda nice - we're left out of the loop on a bunch of stuff simply because that's how it goes some of the time. The overall 'feel' of the game is very consistent (in that it's all very eastern european :P).

I guess the closest parallel to this would be ME1. A whole lot of gameplay flaws and shortcomings, but a promising story and world.

plus you get to fuck a lot, sometimes without even meaning to

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    blen, Amnesia speed run :(
    the amnesia speed runner is a much better 'host' than some of the other guys (looking at you, binding of isaac guy who couldn't even win)

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

No one has a WiiU?

I have played one,
    Nintendoland while neat is just another minigame collection.
    Mario is ok but still its the 4th game in the series and its pretty much the same game still being made by the B-team
    ZombieU is somewhat interesting but not really my kind of game overall.

The only games I want for it are Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 ill buy those when they launch and pick up a console when I can get one for under $200 which is what I feel the console is worth TOPS

• Options
    I mean shit, the WiiU is worth it just for the TV remote function + TVii. That thing is fricken amazing.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Tarranon wrote: »

My favorite "wait, what?" moments re: sex in the game were:
    Making fuck with the dryad in the swamp. What?

Also taking sides with the vampire in the house of the night. Weirdest foreplay scene ever. The Sisters of Night crowd around you, the one behind you sheds her illusion to reveal her horrifying bloodied vampire face and you're like FUCK GAME OVER MAN but then you get a hott sex card.

Eddy on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

No one has a WiiU?

Hey now, don't forget you're also paying 50% more for the privilege of playing em so much later! ;D

Seriously though Wii U games are £60 around here and fuck that. I ain't paying Australia prices.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

You're close to the end, so hang in there. I agree about the combat for the most part, but I liked how it rewarded pre-fight preparation - sitting down and mixing and chugging the right potions, putting the right oil on your sword, etc, gave it a different rhythm than what I'm used to.

And yeah, Geralt tends to be on the periphery of a lot of the most important events, which I find both interesting and a more realistic dynamic than the typical fantasy story. It's also what I liked about Dragon Age 2 - there are these big clashes and upheavals that are just going to happen because they have bigger causes than a dude with a sword can really address, and your choice becomes how to respond to that.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    This cutting for beiber thing is pretty hilarious.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Good morning!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Also taking sides with the vampire in the house of the night. Weirdest foreplay scene ever
    The one I remember the most is with the witch towards the start of the game while you guys are surrounded by an angry lynch mob

and suddenly she's all hey wanna fuck and her card is all nasty and grimey and she's cutting her poofy belly open with her nails and just making this sort of NYAUHHHGHHH face

But really congrats on making it through the swamp portion of the game. I just. Can't believe how long that bit went on. And then kept going on. With nary an interesting plot detail to surface. I honestly couldn't tell you why I finished that game. Just that I don't particularly regret having done it but will never, ever play it again.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

Also taking sides with the vampire in the house of the night. Weirdest foreplay scene ever
    The one I remember the most is with the witch towards the start of the game while you guys are surrounded by an angry lynch mob

and suddenly she's all hey wanna fuck and her card is all nasty and grimey and she's cutting her poofy belly open with her nails and just making this sort of NYAUHHHGHHH face

Doesn't matter, had sex

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think I will have to drop going to Oslo and getting shitfaced with army buddies.

Funds are kinda low, and the people I became closest with aren't coming.

But I do really wanna see the people who know me by my last name again.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    iKho5.png

• Options
    edited January 2013
    For me the swamp was definitely the worst elements of the game all combined into one ridiculous setting (meandering plot, endless god damn backtracking, ugly-ass scenery, invisible walls errwhurr, enemy respawns the second you do anything arrrgghghg, long physical distances between each quest area that you inevitably will not only have to backtrack for but then have to come back to time and time again for unrelated quests that can't be done together)

The hints of something far more interesting behind the brickmaker's religion, and more importantly my ragged determination to find out just what the fuck is so important about all of this ('this' being the stuff that started the whole story) is what kept my interest

Eddy on
  • Options
    I really want to play the Witcher series but I don't know if I could deal with the combat of the first. I played it when it first came out but man it was just not my thing.

I should find a video lets play and watch that then just play the second.

Also The Witcher 3 next year makes me happy

but the real deal is this in 2015, so hyped for the trailer on thursday!

cyberpunk2077ref8e.jpg

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Now to just ride out these last 30 minutes and day 1 of being back at work will be done.

I definitely missed it but, also, can't wait to get home.

• Options
    Ooh Witcher 3? If Witcher 2 is as good as people are saying it is, maybe this trilogy(?) will have a chance to overtake the ME franchise as RPG trilogy of my heart

maybe it can heal the pain of ME3's ending

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I really want to play the Witcher series but I don't know if I could deal with the combat of the first. I played it when it first came out but man it was just not my thing.

I should find a video lets play and watch that then just play the second.

Also The Witcher 3 next year makes me happy

but the real deal is this in 2015, so hyped for the trailer on thursday!

[img]http://www.abload.de/ img/cyberpunk2077ref8e. jpg[/img][img][/img]

Bwah?

*reads Wiki*

Hm... not much info :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ooh Witcher 3? If Witcher 2 is as good as people are saying it is, maybe this trilogy(?) will have a chance to overtake the ME franchise as RPG trilogy of my heart

maybe it can heal the pain of ME3's ending

Was it that bad for you? Maybe it's because I was raised on a steady diet of anime and jrpgs and am so used to things going insane during the final minutes, but while I didn't love the ending I didn't particularly hate it either. It was an eh ending to a pretty good game to a fantastic series.

Just this one man's opinion

Anyway it's hard to compare Witcher to ME. By its nature the Witcher series is more episodic. Mass Effect was always supposed to be a Shepard trilogy with a concrete start and end point. I'm expecting Witcher 3 to be a great game but I'm not sure it will feel very epic in comparison. In terms of it building off the previous two games.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    I was actually more upset that the trilogy had to end in the first place than what actually transpired, if that makes sense

I wasn't ready to let go of wrex-chan

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Got Fiasco ordered, have a basic working knowledge of the game, and I just downloaded an assortment of playsets

Got a small selection printed out

I am excite, this is gonna have to be a thing soon!

This discussion has been closed.