Options

[Bayonetta 1&2] bayo 1 out on steam in 4K! Buy it or else

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    His review of Bayo 1 wasn't much kinder at the time.

He also has a thing about sequels.

• Options
    Okay, so, TC death animations. I get the witches being dragged to Inferno, and the Sage being dragged to Paradiso (looks like making a pact with angels doesn't end well either), but what's Rodin's animation supposed to be? It looks like he's crystallizing or something?

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Okay, so, TC death animations. I get the witches being dragged to Inferno, and the Sage being dragged to Paradiso (looks like making a pact with angels doesn't end well either), but what's Rodin's animation supposed to be? It looks like he's crystallizing or something?
    This is someone who has been refered to as The Infinite One and has the power to back up that claim. Maybe he can't die or something so all anyone could do is lock him up

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Zero Punctuation isn't a review show, it's a comedy show.

He did one positive episode about Psychonauts, and everyone went "hey, it's way more funny when you insult stuff", so that's what he does.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Taking Yahtzee seriously? That way lies madness.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Incidentally on a whole other topic Rosa has no health gate.

"What's this babble you are on about Morninglord? You know I don't speak your action game chop suey fu!" I hear you say.

Health gates are when any damage that would drop you below 1 health instead puts you to 1 health. Essentially it is impossible to be one shot by a strong enough attack. Bayonetta 1 and 2 has a health gate system that allows you to always be 2 hits from death, no matter what, as long as you aren't already at 1 health.

Rosa does not have this.

If she gets knocked down below 1 health, she dies.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    So Rosa has special platinum and perfect platinum symbols.

Clearly this means I need a separate Rosa save.

Which I'm in the process of making.

If jeanne has this too I'm gonna be in trouble.

• Options
    So, I know that if you get Silver in the prologue, you get a silver Sage Statue, as Luka hasn't shown up yet.

What's Bronze, and does it also get a different icon the first time you do the prologue?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    So Rosa has special platinum and perfect platinum symbols.

Clearly this means I need a separate Rosa save.

Which I'm in the process of making.

Not to mention her statues look really fucking kick ass comparatively. And yes, Jeanne has her own as well.

• Options
    DKLDKL Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

If she gets knocked down below 1 health, she dies.

Yes, actually.

I've gotten hit by like Sloth helm-breaker and the thing puts you out.

That said, I found this really interesting post about the combo points system from neogaf:
    Adaren wrote:

There are so many misconceptions about how the scoring system works in this thread.

I just went through the entire first (long) verse of the Prologue as Jeanne w/ All 4 One hitting nothing but Punch and cancelling out of most of the Wicked Weaves. Every single Punch was worth 15 points. Every single one. For 3 minutes.

Bayonetta 1 had diminishing returns for not landing Wicked Weaves. Bayonetta 2 does not. Neither game had any sort of penalty for repeating the same combo.
    JEKKI wrote:

grrrrr I hate the frikken chainsaw weapons in this game :(

so much damage, so much combo score,

it makes all the other weapons useless, thus doing Pure Platinum in this game is not very fun...

there was a large group of flying enemies I had to fight, killed them all with two different Whip combos, and I got a Silver rank for Combo score despite the other 2 being platinums... whatchu get for being able to kill an entire group of enemies at once I guess...

I tried using other weapons like guns... platinum everything except Time score coz they take too long to kill bad guys...

then there's the Hammer... I want to like this weapon but it's so slow it's impossible to finish any combos even with dodge offset!! I can only use it for command moves (->->P, <-->P, jump P, etc) and then immediately switch back to whatever my other set is

ugh, this game is a ton of fun but I really do like the first one better,

Bayo 1 was hecka fresh. One of my favorite games ever, I never wanted a sequel to it but now I have one and it's just more of the same.

I don't know what to tell you if you think Bayonetta 1 had more Pure Platinum-viable weapons than Bayonetta 2. "You're absolutely delusional!" Bayonetta 1 neutered a lot of weapons' viability with arbitrarily inefficient combo scores (Rodin and Bazillions being the most extreme examples). Tons of moves were pretty much unusable due to their high damage and low points (Shuraba and Durga's charge modifiers, for example). Weapons like Odette and Kulsheda were extremely difficult to use for middling results. Durga was terrible compared to its competitors unless you were using the exploit. Lt. Kilgore, Scarborough Faire, and Shuraba crushed every other weapon in their respective categories. Point values were the same across the board for many categories (namely Wicked Weaves), whereas damage wasn't. It's impossible to get Platinum combo on a lot of bosses with Shuraba due to this very reason.

Bayonetta 2 has gone to great lengths to balance the combo : damage ratio of every move of every weapon. I haven't found a single move of any weapon that doesn't feel Platinum viable. I'd recommend you try whatever you did with the whips again; it's likely you just dropped your combo. The hammer is extremely viable for Platinuming (I've been using it heavily). Try combining it with Panther Offset to crush enemies in record time.

And to address your last opinion, I loved the original game, so I'm glad that this sequel built off of it instead of trying to do something radically different (as so many tragic sequels do).

What I do like about the combo score system is that, so far, it does seem possible to get the platinum combo rating with everything on the hardest difficulty.

(I've done it with double pistols... scythe/sword feet... etc.)

I mean, it's easier to do it with some weapons because of how high the score gets (chainsaws + witch time bonus), but it mostly seems like you're guaranteed a platinum rating for combo so long as you don't drop it and you use witch time.

(the substitute for witch time is probably gaze of despair, if people don't wanna use witch time)

That being said, I haven't actually really sat down with the combo rating system in B1... I should go back and check.

I've had a couple of these (platinum), actually!
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, I know that if you get Silver in the prologue, you get a silver Sage Statue, as Luka hasn't shown up yet.

What's Bronze, and does it also get a different icon the first time you do the prologue?

Bronze is Loki, actually. Though, I don't know what you get in the prologue.

DKL on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So...how does the combo scoring work? Just wondering.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I thought you were punished for repeating the same combo over and over. Isn't that what the little clock icons means next to your combo list?

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Witch Hunts III is kicking my ass. I hit a wall when fighting those two Pain bots. Either I get killed because I have no idea what's going on because I'm sandwiched between two Pain bots. Or I keep my distance and survive with barely any health to advance and lose in the next rounds, usually losing against that freaky serpent demon dude.

The one that tries to suck out your soul or does some purple cloud thing that turns you into a child. It seems like you're basically fucked if you get turned into Cereza. Trying to jump or dodge makes you trip, so I guess you just need to try to keep away and hope for the best? Maybe button mashing the attack buttons lets you revert back to adult form faster, I'll have to try that out...

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Witch Hunts III is kicking my ass. I hit a wall when fighting those two Pain bots. Either I get killed because I have no idea what's going on because I'm sandwiched between two Pain bots. Or I keep my distance and survive with barely any health to advance and lose in the next rounds, usually losing against that freaky serpent demon dude.

The one that tries to suck out your soul or does some purple cloud thing that turns you into a child. It seems like you're basically fucked if you get turned into Cereza. Trying to jump or dodge makes you trip, so I guess you just need to try to keep away and hope for the best? Maybe button mashing the attack buttons lets you revert back to adult form faster, I'll have to try that out...

If there's a way to survive after being turned in a child I haven't found it. Makes these guys so stressful to fight.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Fireflash wrote: »

If there's a way to survive after being turned in a child I haven't found it. Makes these guys so stressful to fight.

Umbran Climax pops you out of Babby Bayo form, and the dodge button does give you i frames at the cost of your mobility.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    DKLDKL Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I thought you were punished for repeating the same combo over and over. Isn't that what the little clock icons means next to your combo list?

No, you can do the same thing over and over and you will get the same score.

The clock icon is the points you get for doing an attack during witch time.

I didn't write the specific scores down or whatever, but, essentially, you get a certain amount of points whenever you strike an enemy.

The amount of points depends on the weapon, the character (at least for witch time, but it could be base weapon points as well), whether it was during witch time, whether or not enemies are enraged.

(I didn't check, but there's probably some kind of points modifier for when you use umbran climax)

I was wondering why I was getting such a high combo score with Jeanne, but it turns out that she gets like double points for hitting things during witch time.

DKL on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Doesn't Bat Within still work when you're a little kid? Or is it the Moon?

I know I nearly ate a hit as her at one point and then came screaming out of the form ready to kill somehow

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Also getting gobbled up as a kid is terrifying.

• Options

Run away in a big circle. When they get too close they will do a tiny little grab with their mouth arms so press the dodge button, she'll get out of the way and the chase will begin anew. Do not mash this button. You will get eaten. Time it.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    DKL wrote: »

No, you can do the same thing over and over and you will get the same score.

The clock icon is the points you get for doing an attack during witch time.

I didn't write the specific scores down or whatever, but, essentially, you get a certain amount of points whenever you strike an enemy.

The amount of points depends on the weapon, the character (at least for witch time, but it could be base weapon points as well), whether it was during witch time, whether or not enemies are enraged.

(I didn't check, but there's probably some kind of points modifier for when you use umbran climax)

I was wondering why I was getting such a high combo score with Jeanne, but it turns out that she gets like double points for hitting things during witch time.

You guys haven't mentioned the multiplier yet. You talk about points but thats just one number. The real number you want to raise is your multiplier. Don't watch the big number, watch the x8.88 number. When you do a move check if it raised the multiplier.

For example a weave will give you 1.0, then 1.5, then 1.75, then....it doesn't matter how many combo points you got if you've got that multiplier to 9.99 and keep it there you've basically beaten the combo score requirement. Just don't lose it, relax a bit, and do whatever.

When trying to work out combo points always watch that multiplier, forget about all the other numbers. This is why losing your combo hurts so much, because the multiplier gets reset.

Interestingly pistol heel stomp adds quite a chunk to the multiplier. In or out of witch time.

chain saw bonus swipes also add to the multiplier. Whip grabs, weaves, special attacks. Normal attacks in witch time add to the multiplier but out of witch time they don't.

Everysingle thing rosa does ups the multiplier except shooting them at range. You can get platinum with rosa doing nothing but pkp. I hit an enemy with double spiral swords in witch time and her multiplier jumped straight to 7. Fucking 7.

Which is why I'm making a Rosa save. She's like playing a different game.

I think Jeanne probably is too.

Bayonetta is probably the hardest character to platinum everything with.

I'm gonna need to pp this game three times all up. Heh. That'll keep me busy!

Incidentally if you wanna be a crazy motherfucker when you make a new save you choose your starting character and all your unlocks are reset except difficulty and characters. So you can, if you want, start a fresh rosa or jeanne save, and try to beat infinite climax with no health or magic or weapons in jeannes case.

O_O I think I'm gonna try that with jeanne. With Rosa is kinda pointless cos shes so broken and she dies instantly anyway. She also can't use all the weapons so there's no need to beat the infinite one with her or anything. Jeanne collecting hearts and pearls as she goes, needing to work with what weapons she's got, scrounging for halos for accessories. Not having witch time off normal dodges...

Yeah I can see that taking a while. A real gauntlet.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what to do next with this game...

I beat it, and I was trying to go through the extra stages that were unlocked, but I can't beat the second. I'm not seeing anything else to play unless I just want to do the story again. I'm not gaining enough halos to buy anything. The game isn't showing me any way to unlock any more characters or weapons.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

I beat it, and I was trying to go through the extra stages that were unlocked, but I can't beat the second. I'm not seeing anything else to play unless I just want to do the story again. I'm not gaining enough halos to buy anything. The game isn't showing me any way to unlock any more characters or weapons.

You're not meant to clear all the Witch Trials as soon as you unlock them. They get hard fast, and they basically assume you have all the health/magic upgrades, all the techniques, and all the accessories (or at least the ones you care about).

1. Play it over on a higher difficulty. This will gradually up your personal skill level at the game so that you'll fare better in the witch trials, as well as gaining you more halos. Remember you can just skip the story cutscenes, so the levels really aren't that long.

2. Play Tag Climax. Either with someone here in the thread, or random people, or a CPU partner. You gamble your halos on being able to clear sets of enemies.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I gave Tag Climax a whirl to see what it is. I just sat there while the other guy chose every level and couldn't pick anything or do anything with my halos. I only wound up with like 20k halos after the whole thing. Nothing else unlocked...not getting it. I know the game has a ton to unlock, it's odd that nothing is labelled or made very clear, beyond 'grind halos' for the shop.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The fun of the game is in conquering difficulty and mastering your skill set.

But if you want specific unlocks, beating 3rd climax gets you the chain chomp and rosa who is pretty fun given how op she is. So have a go at that.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Banging my head against witch trial IV must have done something to jog my memories because I suddenly jumped back to my old Bayo1 skill level, platinum'd it, barely got hit, and pulled off some beautiful combos.

Then I got whooped by multi-boss fights in the next trial. Goddamn man, I'm sure I can easily take on any normal enemies but this is getting ridiculous. I really wish I could use the Onyx Roses in Bayo2.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

You're not meant to clear all the Witch Trials as soon as you unlock them. They get hard fast, and they basically assume you have all the health/magic upgrades, all the techniques, and all the accessories (or at least the ones you care about).

1. Play it over on a higher difficulty. This will gradually up your personal skill level at the game so that you'll fare better in the witch trials, as well as gaining you more halos. Remember you can just skip the story cutscenes, so the levels really aren't that long.

2. Play Tag Climax. Either with someone here in the thread, or random people, or a CPU partner. You gamble your halos on being able to clear sets of enemies.

I've cleared the Witch Trials and I've yet to purchase any accessory but the one that gives bonus items on using a tag climax (and technically the "press towards the enemy to block, do it late for extended Witch Time" one by having the Link costume on. I also don't think most of the techniques are really necessary; Bat Within is obviously mandatory, and I find the crow dash and the spinning breakdance shootout from holding down dodge useful on occasion when I don't want to just shoot while walking forward to keep a combo going, but the rest of them really aren't super necessary. A lot of the techniques seem like they would fit better in a DMC like combo system where you really try to get enemies in the air, or from the air to the ground, and where dropping your combo isn't just "I didn't hit for 10 seconds."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Just finished Bayo 1. Holy shitballs. In the end the story made about 80% sense. Are things clarified even more in Bayo 2?

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    Just finished Bayo 1. Holy shitballs. In the end the story made about 80% sense. Are things clarified even more in Bayo 2?

Bayo2 clears up some things.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'm about 2/3 through Bayonetta 2, and it's good, but I don't know that I love it like 1. Keep in mind that Bayonetta 1 is one of my favourite games of all time, so 'less good than 1' isn't a terrible insult.

The demons aren't as visually interesting as the angels in 1, Hell isn't very visually interesting, and the music is much simpler and more muted. And there are a lot more of the comic-style cutscenes, and less action cutscenes, which feels like a budget constraint. The weapons aren't as interesting, in my opinion, though I haven't used the chainswords yet, only just unlocked them. There's nothing as unique as the iceskates, for instance. It's also lacking (so far, at least) in the bigger bossfights. Bayonetta 1 had chapters that were a single extended boss fight, and I've missed those here.

It's not all bad though, I've really enjoyed the fights against the white-robed dude, and there's a lot more game for me to see that may blow my mind, but until then I'm really happy that it comes with Bayonetta 1 as well.

• Options
    I still don't get the chainsaws. They don't charge or do extra hits or weaves or anything. I stayed in the practice room for a bit testing them out, and I'm not seeing anything special.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    I still don't get the chainsaws. They don't charge or do extra hits or weaves or anything. I stayed in the practice room for a bit testing them out, and I'm not seeing anything special.

They have "weaves", but unlike the other weapons its just a stronger hit. Try pkp and see the difference between the hits. They do good damage but have short range and no traditional weaves

• Options
    edited November 2014
    milski wrote: »

I've cleared the Witch Trials and I've yet to purchase any accessory but the one that gives bonus items on using a tag climax (and technically the "press towards the enemy to block, do it late for extended Witch Time" one by having the Link costume on. I also don't think most of the techniques are really necessary; Bat Within is obviously mandatory, and I find the crow dash and the spinning breakdance shootout from holding down dodge useful on occasion when I don't want to just shoot while walking forward to keep a combo going, but the rest of them really aren't super necessary. A lot of the techniques seem like they would fit better in a DMC like combo system where you really try to get enemies in the air, or from the air to the ground, and where dropping your combo isn't just "I didn't hit for 10 seconds."

You not finding a use =/= not having a use.

First of all you are incorrect that the game is not about air combos. Become enlightened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcihhXg8j_o

As for the moves:

Afterburner kick is the fastest launch in the game and works on everything in witch time, small things out. Holding it down does extra damage and effects with different weapons.

Heel tornado can stun pretty much anything in its radius. Not half an hour ago I took 1/4 of a life bar off rodin just continuously spamming this move and he couldn't break out of it.

Heel Kick does different effects depending on what weapon you have equipped. With the chainsaws on the feet it turns into a dodge on start up attack with invincibility frames and gives you witch time if you evade an attack with it. The attack itself does a lot of damage. You can also use it to get over behind enemies which is important for some of them since they wont parry from behind. With Undine you get a gigantic weave great for crowd control that splats enemies into the ground for punishment. It also gives you great combo multiplier. With the chain chomp it is the fastest attack that can get out a chain chomp projectile from a standing start. No other attack will kick out a chain chomp "missile" as fast as heel kick.

Tetsuzanko similarly has different effects. Rakshasha does a dodge and attack that gives witch time. Whip does a 360 aoe weave. Shurubra does a decent damage vertical weave that can stun bosses out of their charging attacks. Undine does a dodge and attack that has a weave to boot, which can be cancelled out of pkp to hit them with two weaves simultaneously.

The stinger moves are great for stunning and covering ground and can be done in the air as well.

The crow attacks do great damage. Especially with Rosa where it's the highest damage attack she has in the shortest amount of time.

The only move I don't find much use for is witch twist because it sadly got nerfed. In bayonetta 1 it used to give you a launching weave but it'll only do this in umbran climax. You don't need it in umbran climax though, because afterburner kick will also do a launching weave in umbran climax. So it's kind of pointless now.

I turn off jump and punch because it interferes with jump cancelling air combos.

Morninglord on
  • Options

Hold down the button until they glow red then let it go. You should get two hits (she will stop chainsawing them and hit them with the other arm with a big swing).

If you do not see this you did not do it right. Practice until you do.

• Options
    I tried holding down the button in practice mode. Nothing happens.

I did have a good time playing Tag Climx and just screwing around, though. I'll have to try to give it a round every day or so, while everyone's still playing.

I added everyone who got a Wii U at launch, from the big thread, but I guess I haven't added anyone since. You can add me as Rad Suit, although I don't see a way to directly join up with a friend unless they're randomly on the potential partner list.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I tried holding down the button in practice mode. Nothing happens.

You are not doing it correctly.

You have to let go of the button when the chainsaws glow red.

Hold down, chain saw glows red, let go.

That is the sequence.

Holding it down does nothing but make the chainsaw glow a pretty red. Letting it go with the right timing is the active command.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBi27ftozy8

First second. She did one kick, held it down, let it go, got a second strike. The extra hit has a big glowy orange hit streak you can't miss it or mistake it as a normal strike.

The backwards flip attack she does later is the most visible example. First she does a flip with no extra strike. On the next angel she does the just release version and there is a huge double streak in the air as she does a somersault to hit it again.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Well I'm not sure what to say then. I'll try it again later, but I was in the loading screen practice thing for a while and they never glow, change color, spark, anything. They don't even hang out for an extra moment like something is supposed to happen. She just swings at the air like a normal attack.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It only works when you are actually sawing something.

Do it on the practice dummy in practice mode on the main menu.

It wont work swinging on air.

edit: Oh yeah and I'm fighting rodin right now. This'll take a while.
    His first form is fairly easy though when you get used to it.
    Pistols stun the absolute crap out of him and cancel most of his attacks.
    Scarborough fair on hands and love is blue on feet will get a pkp out he can't dodge. Love is blue all hands he will dodge, because love is blue's weave is much slower than scarborough fairs. (love is blue on feet lets this combo pkp in the air, and the love is blue feet part of the pkp is much faster than scarborough)

With a bit of patience you can just umbran spear to his back and pkp him for the punish until he hits devil trigger at which point this all goes out the window and I've got no real idea because I only started getting him there the last few times I fought him.

You can actually umbran spear to his back and do, eg, ppk, then panther, dodge something, umbran spear, k(weave), panther, dodge something, umbran spear (k finisher weave) and as long as you hold the button down he'll stay stunned for the weaves by all your pistol shots like a good boy even though that last weave is that super slow bruce lee flying kick weave that takes forever. It's okay though, as long as you pump him full of bullets he'll wait for you.
    You can even pkk, pk him in the air. Sometimes he even lets you pkp him in the air.
    You can spam heel tornado right in his face and once you've got him stunned you can cancel into another heel tornado over and over for free damage.
    He's such a good boy up until he devil triggers.

Then he's an ass. :)

Also I did a bit of damage testing.

Scarborough fair's weaves do a little bit more damage than love is blue. On the practice dummy, only hitting it with the pkp weave and no other part of the combo, love is blue takes six weaves and scarborough fair takes five.

As a foot weapon scarborough fair also does a tad more damage than love is blue's equivelants, but it isn't as fast and you can't pkk or pkp in the air. Which I hate giving up.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I wish halos were more worthwhile in this game, I got enough halos to buy everything but the rodin thing on first+second climax, and I'm 99% sure I won't ever be good enough at the game to kill rodin

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    milski wrote: »

You not finding a use =/= not having a use.

First of all you are incorrect that the game is not about air combos. Become enlightened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcihhXg8j_o

As for the moves:

Afterburner kick is the fastest launch in the game and works on everything in witch time, small things out. Holding it down does extra damage and effects with different weapons.

Heel tornado can stun pretty much anything in its radius. Not half an hour ago I took 1/4 of a life bar off rodin just continuously spamming this move and he couldn't break out of it.

Heel Kick does different effects depending on what weapon you have equipped. With the chainsaws on the feet it turns into a dodge on start up attack with invincibility frames and gives you witch time if you evade an attack with it. The attack itself does a lot of damage. You can also use it to get over behind enemies which is important for some of them since they wont parry from behind. With Undine you get a gigantic weave great for crowd control that splats enemies into the ground for punishment. It also gives you great combo multiplier. With the chain chomp it is the fastest attack that can get out a chain chomp projectile from a standing start. No other attack will kick out a chain chomp "missile" as fast as heel kick.

Tetsuzanko similarly has different effects. Rakshasha does a dodge and attack that gives witch time. Whip does a 360 aoe weave. Shurubra does a decent damage vertical weave that can stun bosses out of their charging attacks. Undine does a dodge and attack that has a weave to boot, which can be cancelled out of pkp to hit them with two weaves simultaneously.

The stinger moves are great for stunning and covering ground and can be done in the air as well.

The crow attacks do great damage. Especially with Rosa where it's the highest damage attack she has in the shortest amount of time.

The only move I don't find much use for is witch twist because it sadly got nerfed. In bayonetta 1 it used to give you a launching weave but it'll only do this in umbran climax. You don't need it in umbran climax though, because afterburner kick will also do a launching weave in umbran climax. So it's kind of pointless now.

I turn off jump and punch because it interferes with jump cancelling air combos.

Having a use doesn't equal necessary. The majority of the techniques and accessories have a use, yes, but the majority are *not* necessary for clearing the Witch Trials; I'd pretty much only say that about Bat Within, since it gives you tons of extra i-frames.

Air combos exist, yes, but unlike DMC they are not a necessary part of the system. I can and have pure platinum'd the majority of verses without jumping. In DMC, I can't think of a fight I *ever* didn't launch and follow up with air combos.

I'm not reading the rest of the rant if you can twist my words so much in two sentences.

milski on
    I ate an engineer