As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MSPA] Return of a Hero...?

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    KARKAT: WHY? BECAUSE SHE LIKES TO DRINK THAT GOOFY HUMAN SOPORIFIC THAT MAKES HER A LOT FUNNIER AND MORE CHARMING THAN USUAL?
    KARKAT: HOW IS THAT A PROBLEM?

Capital idea, Karkat!

brb

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    dave laying down some serious truths here

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    oh noooo terezi

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    also dave still the best

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I can adequately explain why.

But the funniest thing in this update for me was Dave describing the meteor as "tokyo drifting" to a stop.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Re: the scratch and how the guardians and kids shake out my official position is now "fuck it, either there are plot holes or there is more exposition coming but either way not everything makes perfect sense with the information we currently hold"

Re: this update: hilarious

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    DAVE: so i said no hard feelings i still like you and all, do whatever makes you happy ill just be over here in the hyper gravity chamber training to beat lord english 
    KARKAT: WE HAVE A HYPER GRAVITY CHAMBER??? 
    DAVE: no 

KARKAT: THE MAYOR'S FRIENDSHIP IS A UNIVERSAL CONSTANT, AND I AM INSULTED BEYOND COMPREHENSION AS WELL AS MY CAPACITY TO VOMIT THAT YOU WOULD INSINUATE OTHERWISE. 

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i love that Dave and Karkat have reconciled and are now friends

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    this update made me think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPCyUbgJuSo

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can adequately explain why.

But the funniest thing in this update for me was Dave describing the meteor as "tokyo drifting" to a stop.

For me it was
    DAVE: no dude thats not what gift of gab does
    KARKAT: OK WHAT DOES IT DO THEN WISE GUY!
    DAVE: its utility isnt really comprehensible to lowly mortals sorry

• Options
    i think tokyo drifting takes it for me too

but like every dave/karkat conversation basically every single line is hilarious

• Options
    I'm torn between the opinion that John is the best character and that the Strider/Lalondes are by far superior to every other character

On the one hand, John

On the other, Roxy

and Dirk

and Rose

and Dave

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i'm not sure what makes me sadder

alcoholic rose or juggalo terezi

• Options
    edited February 2013
    john is the best kid but dave and roxy are both generally funnier

john beats them because he tends to still be really funny even if not as funny as them, and it is just incredibly endearing how his dopey optimism and friendliness tends to disarm people just slice right through a lot of bullshit that other characters build out of their cynicism or insecurity

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    definitely alcoholic Rose

she and Roxy need to have a talk about this

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options

reciprocating a crush and dating a cool person (and unfortunately indulging in drinking like a typical teen) vs. dating an asshole and drifting away from all your former friends?

Terezi is way sadder

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Okay, Terezi's eyes have been covered for a while now, and it can't be for giggles.

I think "DEAD." is off the table since Terezi would be restricted to dream bubbles. My guess is MORE MIND CONTROL similar to Kurloz and Meulin, but I would have assumed a Heroine of Mind would be resistant to that. Since Gamzee has Lil Cal, perhaps she took a look into his eyes at some point.

The hood comes off, and her eyes are rotating billiard balls.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Today in Homestuck
    February 18

2010: 22 pages. "They are a riddle draped in a mystery wrapped in post-apocalyptic shroudwear." AR chugs down some Tab, but finds it too warm and the gravy too cold. He heads back to the ruins to grab Jade's COOKALIZER and REFRIGIFYIFICATOR from the ruins, as well as the (now quite old) TANGLE BUDDIES as a gift for "the feisty tall one". In the meantime, WV invites PM inside his capsule so he can show John to her. AR's rocket blast at last unlocked the third room, which of course contains yet another strange device. The console has a single button on it, above which is the standard power meter. To the left of the meter is a dial of some sort which points to a spirograph logo on either side of a frog. They head to the computer room, and there's John on the surface of LOWAS as we saw earlier. WV tries to get PM to say hi, but instead she seems to be more interested in his chalk drawings. WV decides to give the chalk. She seems to be a fan. (Serenity: "YAY!!!") WV is distracted by the scent of AR cooking something or another, so he runs off. PM takes the chance to regard WV's terminal, remembering her own before "the unfortunate accident". PM wonders if she should touch it, considering, but still "there is something familiar about the boy on this monitor too". She types in "I am told your name is John. Is that correct?" This confirms that she was the player in [ S] ACT 4 ==>. She walks John through is initial experience on LOWAS, as we saw previously.

2011: 4 pages. Kanaya slices Eridan right in half. He is DEAD. Kanaya takes a moment so that Equius's shades can perfectly come to rest on her.

2012: 4 pages. Jake levels up, climbing to the PETER PANACHE rung in his echeladder and increasing his porkhollow's wealth to 111,111 boonbucks. Jake gets his iPhone out (which, of course, has a partially nude blue alien lady as a wallpaper) and messages Dirk. "Bro. Your contraption and its busy fists just royally kicked my ass. And that sure as god made little green apples isnt all there is to say on the matter!" Jake continues on in this manner, wondering if he's going to get his uranium or what. The auto-responder finally responds saying that Dirk can't hear him at the moment.

• Options
    can terezi even look into cal's eyes though?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    her nose is billiard balls

you gotta really look up into em though

• Options
    Shades: Descend is arguably the last reader suggested page in Homestuck.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    john is the best kid but dave and roxy are both generally funnier

john beats them because he tends to still be really funny even if not as funny as them, and it is just incredibly endearing how his dopey optimism and friendliness tends to disarm people just slice right through a lot of bullshit that other characters build out of their cynicism or insecurity

eh, i like roxy as much as the next guy but john has said(or at least done) funnier things than she has. tricking karkat into using his trolling joke about baby playground jamboree, making karkat message him back every few minutes during the cloning, actually... just about every interaction with karkat.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    why haven't they just killed gamzee already

make it look like vriska did it

• Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    Avraham wrote: »

reciprocating a crush and dating a cool person (and unfortunately indulging in drinking like a typical teen) vs. dating an asshole and drifting away from all your former friends?

Terezi is way sadder

both of them are just

girls, no. what are you doing. stop.

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Okay, Terezi's eyes have been covered for a while now, and it can't be for giggles.

I think "DEAD." is off the table since Terezi would be restricted to dream bubbles. My guess is MORE MIND CONTROL similar to Kurloz and Meulin, but I would have assumed a Heroine of Mind would be resistant to that. Since Gamzee has Lil Cal, perhaps she took a look into his eyes at some point.

The hood comes off, and her eyes are rotating billiard balls.

Maybe it's more symbolic of her relationship to her role. Rose's Seer outfit obscures her eyes while...Terezi never went godtier? I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

• Options
    just gaze soulfully into tz's nostrils

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    I could have sworn that Terezi was still under the hovering doom that plagues the blind sages? Perhaps since she never honestly went wholly blind on account of her sense of smell some other form of "blindness" is yet to be inflicted upon her?
    Also this update is thoroughly approved of

• Options
    And for the record I would like to state that every kid/troll should have some kind of alternate "evil" form in the vein of Grimdark/bark and Obedient Jane

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    The last panel made me laugh in the middle of a cookie, and now several crumbs fell into the keyboard.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    The last panel made me laugh in the middle of a cookie, and now several crumbs fell into the keyboard.

There's no way Andrew wasn't giggling to himself the whole time

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Geth, recycle the thread at page 100

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    May I suggest putting Jake under Caliborn's thrall, Dirk to become consumed by a resurgent version of the AR program and Roxy to deliberately trigger Trickster again

• Options
    didn't larlar already do that

• Options
    Geth wrote: »
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

So do we need make a new OP, or...?

• Options
    New OP has to be made with 100% recycled fanarts.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the Karkat/Dave bromance going on here.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Man the sad state of these kids bums me out too much to enjoy this

Still glad to see Karkat and Dave as bros.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Honestly, I was actually more pessimistic about the meteor group.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    DAVE: ahahaha the best thing we ever do together is slam this assholes dumb religion
    KARKAT: YEAH!!!

This discussion has been closed.