As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Everyone loves Singed.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    God I wish I would've realized sooner that Fiora mid is the truth. Just destroyed a Diana in the worst way, ended up 9/1. Double dash, huge AS steroid, parry if they wanna AA harass you, and an ult that lets you tower dive easily? Yeaaaaaaah. Plus she really plays like a fencer, dashing in, putting on the hurt and disengaging. So fun. I played her a few times out of the jungle and that's cool too, but mid is even better.

This time my build went Bruta->Bloodthirster->BC and I liked it better. My level 11 ult with stacked BT and just bruta did like 40% of the enemy MF health in the first tick.

It'd be hilarious if the by mid way through the season all the AP mids moved top so the assassins could fight it out mid, then by the end of the season we wound up back where we are now.

• Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    So whoever was like "Boy I hope the pro's don't start playing Wukong and get him nerfed"....I think he's been in every game of IEM so far. :?

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Hmmm maybe i've been going about this the wrong way.....

See Delph, this is because you're a reasonable person playing the game for everyones enjoyment.

Shaco isn't about everyones enjoyment. Shaco is about inflicting pain and misery and suffering on the opposition.

See Delph, this right here is what I talking about. DO YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND?!

Yes I finally see the light!

I need to play more Annie jungle.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I maxed Q first, and I think that's best by far. I think a first point in W for lvl 1 AA harass punishing is cool plus it gives you 90+ AD for super easy last hitting, but then I maxed Q instantly. It adds quite a bit of dmg to your lunges, and more importantly cuts the CD of lunge down to half at max rank. When lunge is on CD you can't jump on them, so any extra points in W wouldn't be doing anything passively anyway. For my money, Q first is definitely the best.
    God I wish I would've realized sooner that Fiora mid is the truth. Just destroyed a Diana in the worst way, ended up 9/1. Double dash, huge AS steroid, parry if they wanna AA harass you, and an ult that lets you tower dive easily? Yeaaaaaaah. Plus she really plays like a fencer, dashing in, putting on the hurt and disengaging. So fun. I played her a few times out of the jungle and that's cool too, but mid is even better.

This time my build went Bruta->Bloodthirster->BC and I liked it better. My level 11 ult with stacked BT and just bruta did like 40% of the enemy MF health in the first tick.

It'd be hilarious if the by mid way through the season all the AP mids moved top so the assassins could fight it out mid, then by the end of the season we wound up back where we are now.

The only real problem with that is that blue side AP top has a pretty big advantage in that scenario since they're by their blue buff and the purple side top laner would have to go bot side to get it after a B. Honestly, people just have to realize if they're going to choose an AP mid first they better be ready to get counter picked, and if they see someone who can go AD mid on the other side like Fiora, Kha'zix, etc. they better either pick Cho'gath mid or something else they can win the lane with or at least not feed.

Picking most AP mids in S3 is basically like picking Fiora top in S2(or S3). You have a chance to be a big impact, but most likely you're losing your lane hard.

Also, unrelated side note but I suck so hard at Renekton. I played him top into an Elise earlier to try out the matchup, and boy oh boy that was not fun. It'd be better if her much needed Q mana nerf was in the game already, but she just went Giant's belt first and beat me to sunfire and basically just decided I no longer got to CS. I basically cost my team the game because she carried them hard she was so far ahead of the whole map. I like Renekton on paper, but the 2 or 3 times(not enough to know anything I know) I just haven't been able to make him work.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    This MYM v [M] is pretty funny. Amumu ult into Wukong ult into MF ult fighting against Sona ult plus Zyra ult plus Ezreal ult.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    You get a huge boost with W in the first point, like 15AD, but I think that each additional point only gives you 5. So yeh, lvl1 W, then max R>Q>E>W

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Renekton has three different modes in laning phase. The first is "I deal half your health bar in one combo and heal for more damage than you deal", the second the same as the first, but they're playing someone who can avoid getting combo'd, and the third is basically what you've described.

Renekton is a perfectly fine champ, he's just match-up based. His damage falling off late-game is greatly exaggerated.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Also, unrelated side note but I suck so hard at Renekton. I played him top into an Elise earlier to try out the matchup, and boy oh boy that was not fun. It'd be better if her much needed Q mana nerf was in the game already, but she just went Giant's belt first and beat me to sunfire and basically just decided I no longer got to CS. I basically cost my team the game because she carried them hard she was so far ahead of the whole map. I like Renekton on paper, but the 2 or 3 times(not enough to know anything I know) I just haven't been able to make him work.

This is because Elise is insane against a lot of top laners. Especially people who aren't super mobile and don't have ranged poke.

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    Wukong.

ughhh my soul

Prepare for rage mode.

I remember when Wukong was announced, I was so hype because monkeys are MY FAVORITE ANIMAL OF ALL TIME, and all these wonderful ideas and concepts in my mind about what his skill set would entail and how he would play, all trickstery with strength to back it up and such right?? He was talked about and promoted, it was gonna be awesome. I would have a new favorite champion to rival Swain, and a different role too

Somehow, they found a way to make a tricky monkey with a magical staff based on cool mythology have the most boring move set in the entire fucking game. Even back then with the older champions. Fact: I hated Irelia, hate Irelia, and always will hate Irelia and will never ever purchase her because she has a boring fucking moveset while being really good. Wukongs, somehow, is more boring -- and back then, he was simply mediocre. At the time of his release, he was a terrible jungler. How can you make a solo top character that is A TRICKY MONKEY bad at being in the FUCKIN JUNGLE. Currently, the champion that I am supposed to be in love with the most is the one I hate the most. He is Irelia. He is boring, he is amazing. HE DOESN'T EVEN REALLY MAKE MONKEY NOISES

His passive is more armor and magic resistance. His Q is an auto attack reset with armor pen. He's got an E dash gap closer that cleaves and gives an auto attack steroid. His W, the most interesting thing about him, is no where near as cool as most other abilities in the game used to juke or drop target. His R is Garenspin augmented by a Janna Tornado. With that in mind, watch this video released a while back shortly before he came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJCWmGTaVnU

The man in this video should be punched in the nuts every day of his miserable life.

Fuck Wukong forever.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    This MYM v [M] is pretty funny. Amumu ult into Wukong ult into MF ult fighting against Sona ult plus Zyra ult plus Ezreal ult.

It's like I'm really in Season 1!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Why are dudes at IEM wearing three sets of headphones?

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »

Most players wear ear buds for the game sounds/voice comms, then cover them with noise cancelling headphones. The headset around the neck is just a convenient way to support the microphone. I'm actually surprised nobody has made a noise cancelling headset yet. I suppose that wouldn't be practical outside of a competitive environment though.

• Options
    I maxed Q first, and I think that's best by far. I think a first point in W for lvl 1 AA harass punishing is cool plus it gives you 90+ AD for super easy last hitting, but then I maxed Q instantly. It adds quite a bit of dmg to your lunges, and more importantly cuts the CD of lunge down to half at max rank. When lunge is on CD you can't jump on them, so any extra points in W wouldn't be doing anything passively anyway. For my money, Q first is definitely the best.

The only real problem with that is that blue side AP top has a pretty big advantage in that scenario since they're by their blue buff and the purple side top laner would have to go bot side to get it after a B. Honestly, people just have to realize if they're going to choose an AP mid first they better be ready to get counter picked, and if they see someone who can go AD mid on the other side like Fiora, Kha'zix, etc. they better either pick Cho'gath mid or something else they can win the lane with or at least not feed.

Picking most AP mids in S3 is basically like picking Fiora top in S2(or S3). You have a chance to be a big impact, but most likely you're losing your lane hard.

Hey, a bear can dream. I think the game would be hilarious if it was established that you had to have an assassin on each team and the best place for them was mid.

Mid would become murder bridge and both heroes would just smash into each other from level 1 onward.

• Options
    Wukong.

ughhh my soul

Prepare for rage mode.

I remember when Wukong was announced, I was so hype because monkeys are MY FAVORITE ANIMAL OF ALL TIME, and all these wonderful ideas and concepts in my mind about what his skill set would entail and how he would play, all trickstery with strength to back it up and such right?? He was talked about and promoted, it was gonna be awesome. I would have a new favorite champion to rival Swain, and a different role too

Somehow, they found a way to make a tricky monkey with a magical staff based on cool mythology have the most boring move set in the entire fucking game. Even back then with the older champions. Fact: I hated Irelia, hate Irelia, and always will hate Irelia and will never ever purchase her because she has a boring fucking moveset while being really good. Wukongs, somehow, is more boring -- and back then, he was simply mediocre. At the time of his release, he was a terrible jungler. How can you make a solo top character that is A TRICKY MONKEY bad at being in the FUCKIN JUNGLE. Currently, the champion that I am supposed to be in love with the most is the one I hate the most. He is Irelia. He is boring, he is amazing. HE DOESN'T EVEN REALLY MAKE MONKEY NOISES

His passive is more armor and magic resistance. His Q is an auto attack reset with armor pen. He's got an E dash gap closer that cleaves and gives an auto attack steroid. His W, the most interesting thing about him, is no where near as cool as most other abilities in the game used to juke or drop target. His R is Garenspin augmented by a Janna Tornado. With that in mind, watch this video released a while back shortly before he came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJCWmGTaVnU

The man in this video should be punched in the nuts every day of his miserable life.

Fuck Wukong forever.

I feel you. I really wanted Vollibear to be a reckoning of death and destruction, but alas, he is merely a hungry and tired bear. At least his Ws hurt.

• Options
    I might actually enjoy playing mid then.

Having said that with this new habit of lane-swapping bot and top to shove and kill towers couldn't blue team (who have blue close to top) swap into having a wave clearing AP like Lux top?

So the meta could be:

Top: Blue Ap, purple duo lane
    Mid: murder bridge
    bot: blue duo lane, purple AP
    Jungle: whoever people think is good jungling right now.

Though I doubt that'd stick too long because:

a) AP's that can wave clear, farm under tower and do so from a range that's safe against an aggressive duo lane might be pretty limited

b) the reason people swap is to get a gold advantage before swapping back down. Having wave clear top would defeat the purpose.

c) if you guess wrong some top champions could have your AP for breakfast).

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    TheSmacker wrote: »
    Bubs wrote: »

Most players wear ear buds for the game sounds/voice comms, then cover them with noise cancelling headphones. The headset around the neck is just a convenient way to support the microphone. I'm actually surprised nobody has made a noise cancelling headset yet. I suppose that wouldn't be practical outside of a competitive environment though.

Well that makes sense, thanks. All that shit on my head would drive me crazy though.

Should wear a couple hats, some glasses and a balaclava for good measure!

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    I was under the impression they wore the neck ones if they didn't find whichever brand was propping for their audio comftable to wear?

Because not all of them have the neck set.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    nah wukong is great

day 1 still play him always play him

• Options
    yeah but you also play irelia so

• Options
    but I also have a swain pentakill so

• Options
    yeah but you also play irelia so

Sampsen's mom plays Irelia.

• Options
    so you are like an anti-hero instead of a true villain. I can appreciate it

on that note, zed and thresh are two champions that I've recently picked up since I've started playing again -- I stopped around the time Nautilus was released -- and they are basically my "ideal" sort of champions. Abilities that can be used in more than one way, with a lot of cool tricks you can do and a lot of ways to fuck it up. they are both really fuckin fun.

(fuck wukong)

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    but I also have a swain pentakill so

I agree Geth. It's creepy.

• Options
    also I play jax

so literal hitler

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I've decided I need to change the way I play. I thought I just was better at Support and ADC, but I've realized I'm better at those because I only play 1-2 champs for them, versus the other roles where I switch champs around a lot. Like after 5-6 games straight in a row with Jungle Udyr, my jungling is waaaaaaaay better than it used to me. I'm actually enjoying it now. And after playing a lot of TF in mid, I started loving mid. Then I tried Kat mid and failed teribly. I think I really just need to settle on 1-2 champs for each role and really just learn the shit out of them instead of switching around and trying new combinations, or trying to counter play too much. I can easily get 1 per role, I'm still working on the second

I think I'm settling on something like:
    Top: Jax or ?(Lee Sin or Xin Zhao maybe?)
    Mid: TF or ?(Annie maybe?... Morde? DIana?)
    ADC: Ez or Sivir(Sivir may change since I've wanted to get Graves and just can't afford him. Also I do like Corki)
    Support: TARIC OR TARIC(or Janna)
    Jungle: Udyr or Cho

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Khavall wrote: »
    I've decided I need to change the way I play. I thought I just was better at Support and ADC, but I've realized I'm better at those because I only play 1-2 champs for them, versus the other roles where I switch champs around a lot. Like after 5-6 games straight in a row with Jungle Udyr, my jungling is waaaaaaaay better than it used to me. I'm actually enjoying it now. And after playing a lot of TF in mid, I started loving mid. Then I tried Kat mid and failed teribly. I think I really just need to settle on 1-2 champs for each role and really just learn the shit out of them instead of switching around and trying new combinations, or trying to counter play too much. I can easily get 1 per role, I'm still working on the second

ADC: Ez or Sivir(Sivir may change since I've wanted to get Graves and just can't afford him. Also I do like Corki)

Yeah it's waaaay better to just concentrate on a couple per role if you want to get better and be more versatile to fill out team spots. you'll understand more about their weaknesses and strengths. also lets you deal with bans better.

the idea that "omg they picked x ap mid, y ap mid counters him so hard and even though i've literally never played them INSTANT PICK LOCK IN VICTORY" is a terrible one

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

Yeah it's waaaay better to just concentrate on a couple per role if you want to get better and be more versatile to fill out team spots. you'll understand more about their weaknesses and strengths. also lets you deal with bans better.

the idea that "omg they picked x ap mid, y ap mid counters him so hard and even though i've literally never played them INSTANT PICK LOCK IN VICTORY" is a terrible one

lux actually beats everyone though, so,

• Options
    all lux all mid

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting for Thresh players to master him so I can see some sick plays

I will not master Thresh myself though

A support player is not entitled to the sweat of his brow

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for Thresh players to master him so I can see some sick plays

I will not master Thresh myself though

A support player is not entitled to the sweat of his brow

You should check out some of the pro supports on their streams. They love him and there have already been some sick plays in action :)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Thresh is the Lee-Sin of support and it's amazing.

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    all lux all mid

All spamming /laugh

• Options
    Kat tanky top Voyboy style is so fun. I just stomped an AD Kayle top in ranked with it. First item Sunfire cape. Second item Warmog's. My base damage is still high. GG. I got sorcs, guise, and abyssal for pen, then a deathcap when I was hella fed.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So after a long time struggling in ranked jungle I think I've somewhat learned a formula that will overcome some issues.

1) Play Nocturne - He's tanky, he can initiate, he can carry, he does good damage to the enemy and provides CC. He's a great ganker.
    2) Shit all over one lane - I think many of my failings come from assuming that "Hey, I gave that person a kill, first blood, they should be able to win that lane now" and then they just don't. Just murder the fuck out of one lane. It gets one of their people way behind, and gets you and that laner way up. The hard part is just knowing which lane.

I mean, it's too hard or unreliable to attempt to carry your way out of the jungle with someone like Riven who just brings that one thing to the table. Or similarly, as Maokai, who brings some great stuff to the table but only if your team is capable of realizing "oh I should kill that AD Carry while the Maokai is CCing him."

I wish Amumu or Malphite weren't also permabanned. They both do a surprising amount of damage while being tanky. Malphite actually doesn't do that much damage, he's more just like an enormous rocky DoT. You can't escape and he'll just keep smacking you upside the head until you die. But it works.

Edit: I am also very serious about what I said last night about learning Shaco.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Wow, ESL when will you learn its kpop or nothing, why would you bring some random rapper on. why ESL WHY?!?!?

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Every time they release a champ, the oldest 6300 drops to 4800; every third release a 4800 or lower champ will be dropped into a lower IP price.

Like Thresh's release lowered Yorick and Udyr's price, next release Leona goes to 4800.

You my fine fellow, just saved me 1500ip. I was going to buy Leona, but now that I know it's only a few weeks ill maybe pick up lee sin and wait for the price drop.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So after a long time struggling in ranked jungle I think I've somewhat learned a formula that will overcome some issues.

1) Play Nocturne - He's tanky, he can initiate, he can carry, he does good damage to the enemy and provides CC. He's a great ganker.
    2) Shit all over one lane - I think many of my failings come from assuming that "Hey, I gave that person a kill, first blood, they should be able to win that lane now" and then they just don't. Just murder the fuck out of one lane. It gets one of their people way behind, and gets you and that laner way up. The hard part is just knowing which lane.

I mean, it's too hard or unreliable to attempt to carry your way out of the jungle with someone like Riven who just brings that one thing to the table. Or similarly, as Maokai, who brings some great stuff to the table but only if your team is capable of realizing "oh I should kill that AD Carry while the Maokai is CCing him."

I wish Amumu or Malphite weren't also permabanned. They both do a surprising amount of damage while being tanky. Malphite actually doesn't do that much damage, he's more just like an enormous rocky DoT. You can't escape and he'll just keep smacking you upside the head until you die. But it works.

Edit: I am also very serious about what I said last night about learning Shaco.

good luck getting malph thru bans, though you should be able to get mummy through, it's just that he's so damn susceptible to counter-jungling that you really need to know how to prepare for it.

I've come to agree with @Varega that the biggest problem most people have is paying attention to what's going on. It drives me crazy when I'm rolling Taric, stun someone, go in and explode and my ADC is hanging out failing at last hitting the large minion instead of the should-be-dead stunee. If you root someone as Mao, you have to pray that someone is going to follow up on your initiation. There are a lot of champs that you may be good with, very viable champs, but just don't work in soloq. I like to play Galio, but to expect everyone to drop their cooldowns on the people in my ult is too big of a gamble in soloq. SHit, they have trouble following the dotted line and pink fuzzy booted guy running at the person they need to click on.

If you're comfortable with Nocturne as Jungler, roll him as much as you can. With the currently stupidly broken build on AP Kayle, she's a fantastic jungler for the current state of the game (apparently stuff is patching right NOW), gives you a heal to help yourself and others sustain, has an amazing Ult that generally let's you save someone who got themselves into a very uncomfortable place, like the back of a Volkswagon. Did I mention the stupidly broken build? Yeh, learn that and mangle people before they fix it (and it does need fixing).

As for rolling a lane, I've taken to trying to figure out who the bads are on both teams, ruthlessly exploit theirs and try to minimize damage from yours.

• Options
    I just first picked Singed in a normal since ranked was disabled. My team is raging on me because the other guy counter picks with Teemo. I tell them "If he doesn't know how to play Teemo it won't matter."

Fast forward, and I utterly dominate top lane. One of those games where they try to 5 man gank me top just because they know they'd have to to get me. This Teemo spent the first few levels running from me and letting me CS for free instead of winning the part of the laning phase Teemo must win to beat Singed, which is levels 1-5. Singed is just so fun to play. Once you hit 4500 HP and what not you're just like oh it's a team fight, I'll tower dive past 2 or 3 towers to flip you again, np.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Season 3 is about to start, I think...

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    You need to laugh as you are diving turrets. Really drive it home that nothing they do matters.

Also, even the 'counters' to Singed mean jack and shit, you just shove the lane as hard and as fast as you can and go back if you have to. Do not sit and get poked, just farm and gtfo if you have to.

I was up against a Vlad the other day and aggressively pushed from level 2 onwards. He could put a ton of hurt on me, but I just wouldn't stick around.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
This discussion has been closed.