As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NCAA Basketball: Selection Sunday

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i think i had kentucky winning it all, lel

I did too in one of my brackets, but I have an excuse at least. :P

TBH even if they had pulled it out against Indiana, I would have been surprised if they made it much further. Murray and Ulis are possibly the best backcourt in the country, but our frontcourt is so hit or miss, and they really got exposed today. If we couldn't beat Indiana when two of their players who get significant minutes come out of the game with injuries, our chances were pretty slim against UNC or Xavier, much less whoever comes out of the Midwest and the left side of the bracket.

Disappointing for sure, but perhaps not unexpected.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    This just gives calamari more time to recruit for next year

The following year, really. The 2016 incoming class is already pretty stacked. :P

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    A game with Butler and a team coached by a member of the Bennett family is unwatchable offensively? I AM SHOCKED

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    SEVEN MINUTE GAME! LET'S GO!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Oh meh. What a crappy ending. Tacky fouls with 30 seconds left on SFA. Clock ticking down and 30 from ND crashes in on the paint over the back of two players with no foul.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Oklahoma has blown a massive lead.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    sorry Middle Tenn State.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Hate Badger ball so much

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Woooo Bucky

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Oklahoma has blown a massive lead.

That's not how you spell Northern Iowa.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    No one posting about that insane shot by Wisc?

Insane

• Options
    Oh okay vv hi5

• Options
    Almost as insane as this:

44 seconds left
    Northern Iowa - 69
    Texas A&M - 57

Final Score 2OT
    Northern Iowa - 88
    Texas A&M - 92

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Hate Badger ball so much

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

HATE

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hey guys.

If Syracuse wins the NCAA Championship this year what'll you all get me?

• Options
    A signed copy of Boeheim's deal with the devil, considering his corrupt ass should be fired?

• Options
    If Boeheim's corrupt then there is no non-corruptable coach in college basketball.

So sayeth I as I bleedeth for the Orange.

• Options
    @Ringo You're in some good company...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYos_SkRc0Y

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Lol Duke

• Options
    Lol Duke

• Options
    So nice it posted twice

• Options
    the salt is real tho

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15063575/duke-coach-mike-krzyzewski-oregon-star-dillon-brooks-disagree-handshake-exchange
    ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski disagreed with the account of an Oregon player who said the coach told him to stop showboating when they talked in the handshake line following the Ducks' 82-68 win over the Blue Devils in the Sweet 16 on Thursday.

Oregon's Dillon Brooks said Krzyzewski told him that he's "too good of a player to be showing off at the end," after the sophomore hit a 3-pointer near half court when the Ducks had an 11-point lead with 10 seconds to play. Brooks said he told Duke's coach that he was right.

Krzyzewski denied Brooks' account of their exchange in the handshake line, which Brooks and some of his teammates didn't join immediately because they were celebrating the win.

Oregon's Dillon Brooks said he agreed with Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski that he didn't need to showboat.

"I didn't say that," Krzyzewski said after the game. "You can say whatever you want. Dillon Brooks is a hell of a player. I said, 'You're a terrific player.' And you can take whatever he said and then go with it, all right?"

Brooks, who finished with a team-high 22 points in the win, also had an awkward exchange with Grayson Allen after the game when he tried to hug the Duke star as he walked toward his team's bench.

Brooks said he'd engaged in trash talk with some of Duke's players throughout the game. In the first half, Brooks hit a 3-pointer in front of Duke's bench and said something that appeared to frustrate Krzyzewski.

"They were all trash-talking," Brooks said. "I wasn't really trying to say too much. But it's part of the game. Everybody trash-talks and tries to get you out of your game. But that just makes me go harder and fires me up."

hmmmmmm

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't even get what Coach K said was all that bad? Like it's a bit of a sore loser type thing, but eh heat of the moment god knows I'm not immune to anger in a loss and I don't even lose anything near as public.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    it's just funny because he immediately denied it. the kid even agreed with him ha.

• Options

Cruelty

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    it's just funny because he immediately denied it. the kid even agreed with him ha.

Makes you wonder if he said something else and the kid misheard it...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's the kind of thing where I can imagine that brooks' "you're right" was delivered with... rather less than the deference that K thought was appropriate

why he felt the need to bring it back up after the game I'm not sure

I was pretty surprised at how badly we beat duke, after struggling mightily to get by st joes. I guess duke wasn't that good this year though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Wisconsin is doing it again

sooooooo

booooooriiiiiiiiiiing

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    You're welcome

• Options
    Big Ten teams just love collapsing against this team.

• Options
    Well god dammit

• Options
    Sad bar is sad

:cry:

Hope you're happy Ringo

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    SABONIS TIME

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    go go Syracuse

• Options
    holy shit refs.

holy shit.

• Options
    suck on that refs

• Options
    As long as UNC doesn't manage to blow a twenty point lead in ten minutes, we're already assured of an ACC team in the final. Before starting the Elite Eight yet.

• Options
    Syracuse has both it's men and woman's basketball teams in the Elite Eight.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    Syracuse has both it's men and woman's basketball teams in the Elite Eight.

And Kentucky does not. God is good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sad bar is sad

:cry:

Hope you're happy Ringo

I have nothing against the fans, and I wish them well

I just like basketball more than badgerball

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.