As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Zen Pencils is what I dig.

• radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Spicy fried green beans. The South is amazing

Mmmm, fried pickles.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Oops, I slept for four hours.

You last posted three hours 20 minutes ago!

Not four hours.

Conclusion: you're a liar

Ok, then that is how long I have been asleep. I had a really weird and disappointing dream. I distinctly remember a moment where I thought "things are going too well, this might be a dream," so I had a friend pinch me just to make sure. Then I woke up.

Was it disappointing because it wasn't real and you woke up?

Pretty much.

ALSO. I'm going to a flannel party tomorrow and I don't own anything made of flannel. Do I a) go out and buy something tomorrow or b) just show up in my regular party clothes and be all lolwut?

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Guys in ME1 for the Virmire Kaidan/Ashley thing
    Does it make a difference who I send with Kirrahe's team?

IIRC you get to choose who you go back and rescue, and I'm going to rescue Kaidan. But I also want to make sure Kirrahe lives. So, does that mean I should send Kaidan with Kirrahe?

I really can't remember but this is my import into ME2 and then ME3 so I don't want surprises, I just want the outcome that I want.

So if anyone remembers how that works off hand, please lay it on me. Otherwise I'll have to slog through walkthroughs on gamefaqs.
    Kirrahe dies if you leave the squad member with him to die UNLESS you do all of his side mission objectives
    I thought Kirrahe's survival depended solely on those objectives?

Not four hours.

Ok, then that is how long I have been asleep. I had a really weird and disappointing dream. I distinctly remember a moment where I thought "things are going too well, this might be a dream," so I had a friend pinch me just to make sure. Then I woke up.

Pretty much.

ALSO. I'm going to a flannel party tomorrow and I don't own anything made of flannel. Do I a) go out and buy something tomorrow or b) just show up in my regular party clothes and be all lolwut?

Seduce a lumberjack, bring him back to your place, and then steal his flannel.

But you should probably just buy something or ask a friend if they have extra flannel. Know any hipsters?

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Fried wickles are even better than regular fried pickles

Bless your heart.
    What is a fried wickle?

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Wickles are a super spicy pickle native to the black belt of Alabama

Bless your heart.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Not four hours.

Pretty much.

I advocate the lolwut position, personally

• Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    How on earth do people play xcom on higher difficulties at any reasonable pace

each mission is taking forever because I'm agonizing over every action

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Guys in ME1 for the Virmire Kaidan/Ashley thing
    Does it make a difference who I send with Kirrahe's team?

IIRC you get to choose who you go back and rescue, and I'm going to rescue Kaidan. But I also want to make sure Kirrahe lives. So, does that mean I should send Kaidan with Kirrahe?

I really can't remember but this is my import into ME2 and then ME3 so I don't want surprises, I just want the outcome that I want.

So if anyone remembers how that works off hand, please lay it on me. Otherwise I'll have to slog through walkthroughs on gamefaqs.
    Kirrahe dies if you leave the squad member with him to die UNLESS you do all of his side mission objectives
    I thought Kirrahe's survival depended solely on those objectives?
    complete objectives, send sacrificial lamb with him = he survives
    complete objectives, send survivor with him = he survives
    do not complete objectives, send sacrificial lamb with him = he dies
    do not complete objectives, send survivor with him = he survives

http://www.wicklespickles.com/

They're pretty boss

Bless your heart.
    That sounds delicious. I haven't ha good friend pickles in a long time. My fave are at this place back home in FL that I need to take Quid to when we visit this summer because they also make delicious hot wings and he will love it. It was one of my faves places when I ate meat.

But most places do stupid pickle chips which get dry and too salty. You need the spears, man, and the right batter.

I don't understand the preference for a flannel party. Why is it better than a regular party.

edited February 2013

Not four hours.

Pretty much.

Well, that is on my bucket list...
    I don't understand the preference for a flannel party. Why is it better than a regular party.

College parties need themes. You need a theme for the facebook invite page. Adherence to the theme by everyone doesn't usually happen, but that person who did not adhere feels bad.

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Tacky themed parties are a love of mine.

They're pretty good about chips here. I've only been to one place that does spears

Bless your heart.

Tacky themed parties are a love of mine.

Golf Pros and Tennis Hos was a personal favourite

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Moors Upon Lutetia

Dramatis Personae
    Jayson of Zee, a moorish youth
    Kaynye of the Setting Sun, his dearest acquaintance

Jayson of Zee:

The strength of my fashion and wealth is such that incestuous knaves desire to see me indebted to King and Crown
    Yet first Moors must suss out my habitance
    For what be 50 pieces of Eight to an incestuous knave like myself
    Pray canst thou tell me?
    The strength of my fashion and wealth, the mind cannot conceive!
    But upon my word all gathered here perceive that it trouble my soul not!
    Our Armies may stand in Utter Defeat and still I would gaze upon you as if it were sweetest of roast-drippings
    The strength of my fashion and wealth, mayhap it be supernatural
    This is not our fated destination
    Yet verily I shall display my wealth and fashion in this town
    That being only Just
    Thou plagued by deamons; I pray I may but emulate the Archangel, and you may choose
    Uriel, Samael, Raphael, in 3 times 3 meetings
    The strength of my fashion and wealth doth confound yonder timepiece!
    Its mechanisms sound no more
    The strength of my fashion and wealth scandalizes even myself
    Verily by rights I should by thrown into dungeon
    But if I mark true, dear listener, if you have egressed from that dark place as I once did
    You too would stand upon Lutetia and partake of drink most heartily
    The strength of my fashion and wealth may outshine me entirely, upon my oath
    Some days spent in our lodgings hence
    Brimming with bottles of finest gold, harlots so bold they doth need reprimand
    My finest tobacco ruined by carless mishap
    Yet the strength of my fashion and wealth intimidates the harlots into obedience
    Dear listener, I may yet stand arm in arm with you, in greeting
    My armies, I intend to deploy them in the New World

The strength of my fashion and wealth is such that incestuous knaves desire to see me indebted to King and Crown

Kaynye of the Setting Sun:

It doth confound the mind

Senjutsu on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

I suspect nobody does that with much success.

Not four hours.

Pretty much.

College parties need themes. You need a theme for the facebook invite page. Adherence to the theme by everyone doesn't usually happen, but that person who did not adhere feels bad.

why do they need a theme

Not four hours.

Pretty much.

I went back and forth on how to respond to this for a while, but your ratio made the decision for me, ultimately.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Not that I really care but was the My Little Pony cartoon canceled? Usually I see a commercial or two advertising new episodes.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Posting from her bathroom again.

Starting to enjoy this posting habit.

ftOqU21.png
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Not that I really care but was the My Little Pony cartoon canceled? Usually I see a commercial or two advertising new episodes.
    One could only hope

Bless your heart.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    kanye: hold on a second. imma go over there and look in the telescope with the girl with the big titties

edited February 2013
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Posting from her bathroom again.

Starting to enjoy this posting habit.

Only slightly creepy

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.

Nope, the season 3 finale was on the 16th, the fourth season is TBA (but it looks like it will happen). Well, that'll please all the bronies in denial around here.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    If you must have my little pony cartoons, fine.

But comic books? Ugh.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Nope, the season 3 finale was on the 16th, the fourth season is TBA (but it looks like it will happen). Well, that'll please all the bronies in denial around here.

I mean, you can only read internet clop fiction so many time before it becomes stale. Writers need fresh material, Cartoon Network!

Sweats, candy, minimal exercise, loads of caffeine, processed food...

How am I not suicidal?

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

How am I not suicidal?

Until you have an emergency noose within easy access, you're not suicidal by my definition

simonwolf wrote: »

How am I not suicidal?

Until you have an emergency noose within easy access, you're not suicidal by my definition

That's strangely relaxing, thanks! :D

Look, don't hate on the ponies, okay? (Actually you can hate all you want but I will never regret my love for them.)

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    The staging involves accompaniment by piccolo and rhythmic percussion

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

How am I not suicidal?

That's strangely relaxing, thanks! :D

If you do need an emergency noose, though, lemme know, I have spares

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Look, don't hate on the ponies, okay? (Actually you can hate all you want but I will never regret my love for them.)

I have no issue with the ponies in general, my fiancée makes custom ones so I'm starting at them all around the house. The issue are the people who feel the need to shove it down your throat at every turn.

• SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular

Accept that sometimes your decisions will turn out to be bad and play very cautiously. Mostly that means advancing very slowly, staying behind heavy cover, and keeping your overwatch up. Beyond that, accept that sometimes the XCOM dice will come up fuck you and you team will die. Make sure you have enough rookies to cover at least an entire team and run a mix of rookies and veterans on every mission.

Oh, and did I mention accepting that sometimes the dice will come up fuck you and you'll have to decide between running away with a third of your team alive or losing the entire team? Because that will happen.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    reading about american healthcare is despiriting

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.