Options

Fire Emblem: Thread is done.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Lots of Miracle, lots of Counter, lots of Vengeance

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    QuickSmasherEXEQuickSmasherEXE A mad genius, Where you cannot see meRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Alright, here are some changes, but first I should mention that these are main character classes (Oops...)

Average Level 10 stats of a Mercenary-
    HP- 28
    Strength- 12
    Magic- 2
    Defense- 8
    Resistance- 9
    Speed- 4
    Skill- 14
    Luck- 4-5

Hm... well, the avoid will be horrid, but otherwise it is pretty strong. I do have some balancing features in the game, which hopefully balance it, especially Dual Advantage (with a Weapon Triangle Advantage, you get precisely 1 extra attack in battle, even if your using a brave weapon)-
    There are a lot of magic weapons instead of just one per type (lances have 3 or so). Enemies which I made competant (because I do enjoy a good challenge) means that your lack of avoid is a liability, and a diverse arsenal of enemie soldiers from the 4th or so chapter onwards means that you only double 20% of the enemies army until promotion. Of course, I put in reaver weapons, which I may have to remove or weaken for balance (what do you think)? Disarm unequips the enemy's weapon, so you can steal it (because that can be fun, and I would put it back in as a thief skill), but they re-equip it to attack the next turn.

Axe Knights (the Axe Knight unit would be royal, which is why he has Royal Weapon)-
    I think I will reduce the royal weapon bonus to 5 for unpremoted units but keep it 10 if the unit is promoted. That should offer some balance. Compared to Knights/Generals, they have more strength, magic, and defense but are slower and have a tad less skill, as well as 3 movement (4 upon promotion) to 4 movement (5 or 6 upon promotion). I still can't think of a second tier 1 skill though

Comments?

Kind of hard to say one way or another about the stats without seeing the starting numbers and caps. Either way, this character class will get shredded later on without a speed bump. Knights can handle the low speed (thus suffering x2 attacks) because they have high defense. This class will be a glass cannon, not unlike Dorcus and Barte from FE7.

Personally, I don't know what direction this class is trying to go in. I'm assuming something middle of the road, but the numbers indicate otherwise. Shed some light on the situation.

Also, is this class assuming the FE:A engine? You mention things like Reaver weapons and WTA stuff. Is this a fan-made variation of FE? If so, I'd need to know about a lot more of the engine in order to rate/place this class in any sort of hierarchy. :)

It's an awakening-like game, but with some changes to what this and that does (A Weapon Triangle Advantage [WTA] is more a boost to you than a penalty to your enemy, there are more supports that don't lead to marriage, there are more magic weapons and they act differently at a range, but there is still the same 2-gen mechanic, reclassing, etc.), but pretty much yes, it is Fire Emblem fan-made. Sort of.

Spoilered for text size
    Base stats-
    HP- 20
    Strength- 6
    Magic- 1
    Skill- 7
    Speed- 2
    Defense- 5
    Resistance- 4
    Luck- 2
    Movement- 6
    Lance rank- D

Growths-
    HP- 90%
    Strength- 65%
    Magic- 10%
    Speed- 20%
    Skill- 70%
    Defense- 40%
    Resistance- 55%
    Luck- 25%

Mercenary Skills- Dual Advantage (One extra attack with a WTA), Disarm (Skill%, de-equips enemy weapon, can trigger along with other skills like Aether)

Promotion to Hero class-
    Sword rank +3 (starts at C)
    HP +3
    Strength +3
    Magic +1
    Skill +2
    Resistance +3
    Defense +2
    Speed +4

Caps of Hero Class-
    HP- 80
    Strength- 45
    Magic- 30
    Defense- 40
    Resistance- 44
    Skill- 50
    Speed- 38
    Luck- 45

Hero skills- Resolve (increase skill and strength by 30% when under half HP), Aether (Skill/2%, Sol and Luna in a single hit, rather than two successive uses of both)

Modifiers of the character-
    Strength +2, Magic -2, Speed -3, Skill +4, Resistance +1, Luck -2

Other features that may affect this-
    Bows have a WTA advantage a range but a WT-disadvatage up close.
    Reaver weapons have been removed from the concept

The class is like a silver cannon. You won't explode upon being hit, and you can deal a lot of damage with one attack, but you don't dodge very well or double without using a weapon triangle advantage (WTA). However, when you do double (or use Aether/Land a critical, which is not unlikely given how the character can reclass to Brute [rename of barbarian] then become a Berserker for Wrath), it is practically a guaranteed kill. The decent defenses of the class and good move also allow for quickly reaching a choke point, and one will not have to worry about a weapon type weakness (like a hammer). Though it lacks the defense of a general, it has resistance comparable to sages, troubadour promotions, etc.

The characters who have access to Mercenary/Hero also have a lineage-unique weapon (which I have called the Rhongomyniad), a 1 range, 14 might, 70 hit unlimited use weapon effective against both flying and beast units, making akin to a more situational Ragnell and is obtained 2/3 of the way through the journey.

That should cover it, unless you want stat caps of other classes, character reclassess, modifiers, supports, etc., pretty much everything not story related (still working on that one. What can I say, I'm obsesive)

More comments?

No? Really? Not even a little input?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Lots of Miracle, lots of Counter, lots of Vengeance

Ah.

Yeah, RnR has a lot of vengeance, but counter's rare on all of them. Fortunately.

My teams are usually built more around skullcrushing and less on soaking hits.

• Options
    My team is built around spotpass skullduggery a lot of the time

Ideally it goes "Oh gee I wish I had noticed the Counter on there, oh gee that Miracle is a bit of bad luck, oh gee that Vengeance is a bit of bad lu-...dammit"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    QuickSmasherEXEQuickSmasherEXE A mad genius, Where you cannot see meRegistered User regular
    I myself an horribly bemused by Lon'qu as Inigo's father

• Options
    ...this is a LOT of bros

To war! I'm gonna pound in your angular chiseled FACE, Priam!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Priam is a boss. I wish he could support with Owain, the two would be total bros (or even marry Lissa. That would make perfect sense)

QuickSmasherEXE on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    ...this is a LOT of bros

To war! I'm gonna pound in your angular chiseled FACE, Priam!

I remember that map.

Descendant of the Radiant Hero met the latest and greatest in Marth's family line.

They had limit breaker. He didn't.

After that, it's just a fuzzy memory of endless armies breaking on Morgan's straight wall of green stats.

• Options
    Holy Christ

Okay I'm coming bvack after I have Limit Breaker

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Holy Christ

Okay I'm coming back after I have Limit Breaker

Don't worry.

Getting limit breaker should be "fun" too.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Alright, here are some changes, but first I should mention that these are main character classes (Oops...)

Average Level 10 stats of a Mercenary-
    HP- 28
    Strength- 12
    Magic- 2
    Defense- 8
    Resistance- 9
    Speed- 4
    Skill- 14
    Luck- 4-5

Hm... well, the avoid will be horrid, but otherwise it is pretty strong. I do have some balancing features in the game, which hopefully balance it, especially Dual Advantage (with a Weapon Triangle Advantage, you get precisely 1 extra attack in battle, even if your using a brave weapon)-
    There are a lot of magic weapons instead of just one per type (lances have 3 or so). Enemies which I made competant (because I do enjoy a good challenge) means that your lack of avoid is a liability, and a diverse arsenal of enemie soldiers from the 4th or so chapter onwards means that you only double 20% of the enemies army until promotion. Of course, I put in reaver weapons, which I may have to remove or weaken for balance (what do you think)? Disarm unequips the enemy's weapon, so you can steal it (because that can be fun, and I would put it back in as a thief skill), but they re-equip it to attack the next turn.

Axe Knights (the Axe Knight unit would be royal, which is why he has Royal Weapon)-
    I think I will reduce the royal weapon bonus to 5 for unpremoted units but keep it 10 if the unit is promoted. That should offer some balance. Compared to Knights/Generals, they have more strength, magic, and defense but are slower and have a tad less skill, as well as 3 movement (4 upon promotion) to 4 movement (5 or 6 upon promotion). I still can't think of a second tier 1 skill though

Comments?

Kind of hard to say one way or another about the stats without seeing the starting numbers and caps. Either way, this character class will get shredded later on without a speed bump. Knights can handle the low speed (thus suffering x2 attacks) because they have high defense. This class will be a glass cannon, not unlike Dorcus and Barte from FE7.

Personally, I don't know what direction this class is trying to go in. I'm assuming something middle of the road, but the numbers indicate otherwise. Shed some light on the situation.

Also, is this class assuming the FE:A engine? You mention things like Reaver weapons and WTA stuff. Is this a fan-made variation of FE? If so, I'd need to know about a lot more of the engine in order to rate/place this class in any sort of hierarchy. :)

It's an awakening-like game, but with some changes to what this and that does (A Weapon Triangle Advantage [WTA] is more a boost to you than a penalty to your enemy, there are more supports that don't lead to marriage, there are more magic weapons and they act differently at a range, but there is still the same 2-gen mechanic, reclassing, etc.), but pretty much yes, it is Fire Emblem fan-made. Sort of.

Spoilered for text size
    Base stats-
    HP- 20
    Strength- 6
    Magic- 1
    Skill- 7
    Speed- 2
    Defense- 5
    Resistance- 4
    Luck- 2
    Movement- 6
    Lance rank- D

Growths-
    HP- 90%
    Strength- 65%
    Magic- 10%
    Speed- 20%
    Skill- 70%
    Defense- 40%
    Resistance- 55%
    Luck- 25%

Mercenary Skills- Dual Advantage (One extra attack with a WTA), Disarm (Skill%, de-equips enemy weapon, can trigger along with other skills like Aether)

Promotion to Hero class-
    Sword rank +3 (starts at C)
    HP +3
    Strength +3
    Magic +1
    Skill +2
    Resistance +3
    Defense +2
    Speed +4

Caps of Hero Class-
    HP- 80
    Strength- 45
    Magic- 30
    Defense- 40
    Resistance- 44
    Skill- 50
    Speed- 38
    Luck- 45

Hero skills- Resolve (increase skill and strength by 30% when under half HP), Aether (Skill/2%, Sol and Luna in a single hit, rather than two successive uses of both)

Modifiers of the character-
    Strength +2, Magic -2, Speed -3, Skill +4, Resistance +1, Luck -2

Other features that may affect this-
    Bows have a WTA advantage a range but a WT-disadvatage up close.
    Reaver weapons have been removed from the concept

The class is like a silver cannon. You won't explode upon being hit, and you can deal a lot of damage with one attack, but you don't dodge very well or double without using a weapon triangle advantage (WTA). However, when you do double (or use Aether/Land a critical, which is not unlikely given how the character can reclass to Brute [rename of barbarian] then become a Berserker for Wrath), it is practically a guaranteed kill. The decent defenses of the class and good move also allow for quickly reaching a choke point, and one will not have to worry about a weapon type weakness (like a hammer). Though it lacks the defense of a general, it has resistance comparable to sages, troubadour promotions, etc.

The characters who have access to Mercenary/Hero also have a lineage-unique weapon (which I have called the Rhongomyniad), a 1 range, 14 might, 70 hit unlimited use weapon effective against both flying and beast units, making akin to a more situational Ragnell and is obtained 2/3 of the way through the journey.

That should cover it, unless you want stat caps of other classes, character reclassess, modifiers, supports, etc., pretty much everything not story related (still working on that one. What can I say, I'm obsesive)

Please? Some input? PLEASE? I'm desperate!

• Options
    I can't give comments on balance, I don't have the Number Eye.

Response-begging isn't graceful though, man. Continue with your thought line as it progresses, or tag someone you know is willing to talk about it, but don't just beg people to respond. It's unseemly

ALso man

I managed to handle R&R and R&R2 okay, but R&R3 is a whole new ballgame. I need to finish brushing up my team before leaping into that insanity. At least get Nah maxed out as a Wyvern Lord and then switch her back to a manakete.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh my, Nah in Japanese is the type that says "desu" all the time.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Also, Morgan x Owain and Severa x Gerome were pretty cute. Considering Cynthia seems to also have that hero thing going on though I suspect Owain x Cynthia should be good.

Also, am I counting wrong or are you unable to pair off all the kids unless you have a male MU?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hmm.

Male:
    Laurent
    Owain
    Gerome
    Inigo
    Yarne
    Brady

Female:
    Severa
    Cynthia
    Nah
    Kjelle
    Lucina
    Noire

So, I guess Morgan always throws it off, huh...?

Also, Owain x Morgan is awesome. You are correct! Owain + Noire is adorable too, really. I've not gotten Owain up with all the ladies yet but I may very well.

I'm not sure how much I am loving Lunatic. I wanted a save to really pursue the end game. Lunatic seemed to offer the most end game potential. I mean, damn, the Risen alone are crazy enough to be some end game content from the looks of it.

So many min-max things bug me. I don't like every female unit being a Dark Flier, I love keeping most characters viable and combat ready so there's a bunch of grinding, I want to get my kids but it's taking crazy time to get these level 15 skills for the parents... Hoo.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    There are always going to be spare guys in gen 1but it looks like if you want all of 2nd gen to be married then the MU has to hook up with one of them.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Nah, with Kellam as her father, is now basically maxed out in everything except magic

She is very, very, very difficult to injure, especially with Dark Knight Owain supporting her at S rank
    That conversation was more than a little weird

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm having my female avatar cradle-rob Inigo. People who marry avatar/Morgan get a bit of a bum deal in the epilogue though, with only the standard generic mention.

The female kids have more options than Dark Flier - General/Paladin Kjelle, Manakete Nah, Hero/Sorcerer Severa, Assassin/Paladin Lucina and Cynthia, Sorcerer Noire. It mostly comes down to who you pair them off with - Laurent and Brady are almost always going to want magical partners.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm having my female avatar cradle-rob Inigo. People who marry avatar/Morgan get a bit of a bum deal in the epilogue though, with only the standard generic mention.

The female kids have more options than Dark Flier - General/Paladin Kjelle, Manakete Nah, Hero/Sorcerer Severa, Assassin/Paladin Lucina and Cynthia, Sorcerer Noire. It mostly comes down to who you pair them off with - Laurent and Brady are almost always going to want magical partners.

Girl Morgan just gets her standard ending tacked onto her husband's default married ending.

Boy Morgan just inserts his spouse's name into the spiel.

Another win for BestMorgan.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    About to start this soonish, I can hardly wait to start playing match maker, raising kids, and killing people! The first 2 are going to require some research it appears, though. To the OP and it's handy links!

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Girl Morgan just gets her standard ending tacked onto her husband's default married ending.

Makes up for the fact that her dad is a loser who can't even Galeforce.

ladi.png
  • Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    Man, I kind of wish you could just pick between which Morgan you want. I kind of prefer female Avatar over male Robin as far as story goes (and it turns Lucina from merely badass into a walking catastrophe), but I gotta admit Morgan as a girl is decidedly better as a character.

• Options
    I just had an idea. It is likely a dumb idea, but I thought it was a cool concept.

After a pair reaches S rank, you can put all those hearts you keep building up to good use, because after getting enough of them you can have one partner teach the other one of their skills, and this can be done multiple times.

So, how dumb is it? Or is it actually not stupid?

• Options

He CAN be a ninja, though. Which makes up for a lot.

• Options

He CAN be a ninja, though. Which makes up for a lot.

Assassins are already like ninjas

• Options
    So out of the 8 DLC packs is there a best one/worst one/they're all about equal or? Anyone recommend one over the rest?

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So out of the 8 DLC packs is there a best one/worst one/they're all about equal or? Anyone recommend one over the rest?

Depends on what you want.

Conversations, new classes, a challenging map, what?

• Options
    If you get one, Get Future Past. Story relevance and a good balance of gameplay and conversation.

Lost Bloodlines offers a great new class and ability as well as a great levelling map for near maxed characters, the Golden Pack gives a lot of quality of life options for min-maxers with easy money and quick levelling up to around 40, and the Scramble pack has a bunch of character interaction.

Picking and choosing, you'd also want Smash Brethren 2 and Rogues and Redeemers 3 as well as the final map which might be getting a release this week or next in the US.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Don't have the game yet, sorry for being kind of vague chiasaur. EVERYTHING would by my preliminary answer. :P

Thanks, Shen. Nicely detailed.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Final map is very likely to be out tomorrow. Could be next week but I somehow doubt it. If it is out tomorrow I'll do a season 2 review on friday, or next friday if it isn't out until next week.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can't give comments on balance, I don't have the Number Eye.

Response-begging isn't graceful though, man. Continue with your thought line as it progresses, or tag someone you know is willing to talk about it, but don't just beg people to respond. It's unseemly

ALso man

I managed to handle R&R and R&R2 okay, but R&R3 is a whole new ballgame. I need to finish brushing up my team before leaping into that insanity. At least get Nah maxed out as a Wyvern Lord and then switch her back to a manakete.

Okay, sounds like good advice! What is this 'tagging' of which you speak, though?

QuickSmasherEXE on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Finished my game last night. Now I know what to expect I can play my perfect army for the next one.

I do wonder if I should wait for all the maps to be released though, it seems like we're pretty far behind in Europe. The spotpass characters seem way better than my initial impressions were, I didn't realise Pr. Marth could be re-classed to any (male) class in the game.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I really like Severa.

I thought I had it bad having her mother whine about Chrom all the time, she's had to deal with it for years and years.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Argh, I might have to give up on min-maxing for now. Too many good options, all of them viable, and none of them necessary in Europe for another two months.

Think I'll start a Normal/Casual playthrough and work on seeing all the supports, some might help cure my indecision. Are there any father/sibling supports that deviate more than just a couple of generic lines?

ladi.png
  • Options
    Argh, I might have to give up on min-maxing for now. Too many good options, all of them viable, and none of them necessary in Europe for another two months.

Think I'll start a Normal/Casual playthrough and work on seeing all the supports, some might help cure my indecision. Are there any father/sibling supports that deviate more than just a couple of generic lines?

Henry and Gregor tend to get good jokes when they're the dad.

Henry's A-Rank with Gerome has him explain that normally he can understand Minerva, but she was mumbling.

• Options

Henry and Gregor tend to get good jokes when they're the dad.

Henry's A-Rank with Gerome has him explain that normally he can understand Minerva, but she was mumbling.

You're a monster. Now I have to see them all, just to be sure.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Finally beat Side Story 19 yesterday on my second try. As per usual: fuck reinforcements.

On my first try, the ones appearing during turn 4 caught me by surprise and promptly killed Morgan. After a rage quit and some thinking I was like "I got dis" and played a bit more conservatively, letting the enemies to me..only for the reinforcements arriving on turn 5 to nearly fuck it all up again. Thankfully The Vaike survived six enemies all ganging up on him with three HP and I was able to beat the mission.

I was thinking about starting my second playthrough soon. Gonna mix it up a bit this time, going with a female Avatar, Japanese voiceovers, gonna try to use some other characters, different pairings..
    I'm just not sure on the difficulty yet. Play it on Normal just to breeze through? Though I fear it might be too easy. Or Hard / Newcome? I don't think I want to deal with Hard / Classic again anytime soon.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    At least they don't have other units.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Coming from an interview with the Fire Emblem dev team, conducted by magazine Hobby Consola...

Question: Fire Emblem has had a long lifetime. Do you get the feeling it gets harder to release a new episode every time?

Yamagami: No doubt. Truth be told, sales are dropping. The sales manager of Nintendo, Mr. Hatano, told us that this could be the last Fire Emblem. Due to this progressive descend on sales, they told us that if the sales of this episode stayed below 250,000 copies, we'd stop working on the saga. I remember when I came back from the meeting and told the team "My God, what are we gonna do?! The end has come!". Our reaction was clear: if this was going to be the last Fire Emblem, we had to put everything we always wanted to include. That's how this new project was born!

Wow, we all got lucky. Hopefully FE:A has sold well enough to continue the series into the immediate future. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I wonder for those are they including the Wii FE or are they talking about Shadow Dragon and the Japan only FE they had released.

Because well, Shadow Dragon was a big step back so no wonder it didn't do well.

And the other ones didn't even come out in the US.

Dragkonias on