As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Michigan Politics: Dem Trifecta!!!

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    Null?

Got this idea from another thread- this is magic sovcit shit where you can’t be tracked because being named “Null” throws off the government databases

Other way around, all entries with null values now default to you. You become the dumping ground for everything

Which also has it's benefits. The first guy in California to pull the NO TAGS license plate stunt admitted he had legit parking tickets, but nobody could sort them out of the thousands of incorrect ones so they were all thrown out when he eventually won.

Michigan actually seems to mostly abide by the rules for avoiding this (unlike California, the only state bound by court order to do so), so usually this kind of stunt doesn't get you either outcome. Clearly hasn't helped this character any.

I fully expect full gold fringed flag level of behavior when this lot ends up in court.

Hevach on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Fffffff wrong thread

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Wrong thread

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    DAMN IT

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLZaXdTjG4

Pointing her finger right at Donnie for this.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

The lady doing ASL in back is really bringing the appropriate emotion to this.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I'm half surprised I didnt know any of these fucks, but could name a dozen people I grew up around who if they were in the lineup I'd say 'well, yeah'.

This is basically the whole why do you dipshits think you are some master race comic in real life.

Thank God they caught these shits. I doubt they would succeed but they would have hurt people.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

From the looks of these dudes they should be preparing for the type 2 diabetes diagnosis.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I gotta be honest, I'm surprised it took this long for these folk to get to this level.

We all saw it coming.

• Options
    I gotta be honest, I'm surprised it took this long for these folk to get to this level.

We all saw it coming.

Honestly, that they caught them.

I guarantee you there are fifteen groups of drunk dipshits around dinner tables at various stages of planning similar plans around the state.

Granted these guys were quite a ways along in them, but it's not like this is a unique thought among white rednecks in Michigan.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »

We all saw it coming.

Honestly, that they caught them.

I guarantee you there are fifteen groups of drunk dipshits around dinner tables at various stages of planning similar plans around the state.

Granted these guys were quite a ways along in them, but it's not like this is a unique thought among white rednecks in Michigan.

And the scary thing is, there's a lot of people who wish that they had succeeded.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

From the looks of these dudes they should be preparing for the type 2 diabetes diagnosis.

Really man? :? Come on...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Incenjucar wrote: »

The lady doing ASL in back is really bringing the appropriate emotion to this.

Indeed. To quote Ivan Drago, Whitmer is like a piece of iron, she won't break.

After that kind of determined/intense speechifying I'd run through a brick wall if she asked me to, and I've only been to Michigan once in my life.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    So as info trickles out (the guys' social media accounts were all archived before they were taken down and are being combed over), let's all be shocked and surprised:

Nearly all were Boogaloo boys
    Most were MAGA wearing Trumpers
    Two were NOT Trumpers... Because they see through the facade and realize Trump isn't going to do anything for white supremacy because he can't do anything at all.

Fainting couch just plum broke in half!

• Options
    LowHitPointsLowHitPoints Sword of the Afternoon MichiganRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed how in the indictment one of their reasons for wanting kidnap a sitting Governor, transport her to Wisconsin (somehow), and put her on trial for treason is because they were upset that she closed the gyms.

It was also great to see just how many CIs the FBI had in place. There were multiple references to meetings having been recorded from 2 or more CIs at the same time. And the CIs were compartmentalized, so none were aware of the existence of other CIs. The militia's OPSEC can confidently be labeled "swiss cheese".

Also also, looking at the mug shots of the people involved I can literally hear every single one of them say "I would have joined the military, but...". Those are the faces of idiot MILSIM cosplayers that think because they bought Tactical khakis for $180 a pop it somehow makes them a Navy Seal...

• Options
    Pretty easy for authorities to infiltrate white supremacists orgs. Only surprise is that they actually told the US Attorneys.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Pretty easy for authorities to infiltrate white supremacists orgs. Only surprise is that they actually told the US Attorneys.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The governor spoke on Good Morning America today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPWlpo1oKi4

• Options
    Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    Badass.

• Options
    LowHitPointsLowHitPoints Sword of the Afternoon MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

They had both UCE (Undercover Employees - FBI Agents) and CHS (Confidential Human Resources - what I was calling CIs, basically snitches) So the vice in which this group caught their collective nuts was closing in from all sides.

LowHitPoints on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    By the way don't read the comments, because uh, yikes.

• Options
    As I've said for a while, she's running for president the next time there's not a Democratic incumbent.

• Options
    As I've said for a while, she's running for president the next time there's not a Democratic incumbent.

I'd vote for her, she's got fire.

I am disappointed some idiots are trying to "economic anxiety" these fucking traitors. Because of course they are.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

NEVER read the comments. Youtube comments section makes the writings of Sutter Kane seem downright quaint.

That YouTube don't give any shits, is why I try not to frequent their site If I can avoid it.

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Leonard French reading the indictment (and presumably providing commentary after; haven't finished it yet):

https://youtu.be/KMuid-b6XlM

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

And, fortunately, since she's in her first term that will keep her in a big chair up to 2026. Which is a great time to launch a 2028 bid, and also not have to compete with your day job on the campaign trail.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular

Reporter for WXYZ out of Detroit.

Boy, if I were the FBI I'd be looking into this guy's phone records and who he's been meeting with.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    MorganV wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

NEVER read the comments. Youtube comments section makes the writings of Sutter Kane seem downright quaint.

That YouTube don't give any shits, is why I try not to frequent their site If I can avoid it.

As demonstrated by those arrested, reading those comments are the FBI's job. Leave it to the professionals.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ej5t6kHWoAMo92N?format=jpg&name=large

Oh. Neat.

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Boy, if I were the FBI I'd be looking into this guy's phone records and who he's been meeting with.

Wow

• Options
    Lot of rural sheriffs seemingly are outing that they should be investigated for being involved in this shit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Oh. Neat.

*double take*

Oh yeah. Holding a not-so-thinly-veiled white supremacist gathering at Rosa Parks Circle was in no way a coincidence, I'm sure.

May, huh?

Fun facts; at that point, according to worldometers, Michigan had seen over 56,000 cases, had almost 23,000 active cases, and 5,127 deaths attributed to Covid. Current numbers are almost 147,000 cases, 40,000 active cases, and 7,193 deaths.

Edit: be gone, old draft!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    3000 people dying in a terrorist attack led to, what, hundreds of thousands of deaths in the ensuing war/occupation/etc.

Oh. Neat.

*double take*

Oh yeah. Holding a not-so-thinly-veiled white supremacist gathering at Rosa Parks Circle was in no way a coincidence, I'm sure.

May, huh?

Fun facts; at that point, according to worldometers, Michigan had seen over 56,000 cases, had almost 23,000 active cases, and 5,127 deaths attributed to Covid. Current numbers are almost 147,000 cases, 40,000 active cases, and 7,193 deaths.

I think it should really be noted that most of those numbers came early, as Detroit was one of the first bad hotspots.

Whitmer locking down the state pretty much immediately when the first cases were confirmed worked and from May / June on we were doing as well as or better than pretty much any other state.

And while we're still doing ok, we would be doing much better if she wasn't kneecapped by all the dumb motherfuckers from the White House down who think wearing masks and not dying of COVID needs to be a political issue.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I'd vote for her, she's got fire.

I am disappointed some idiots are trying to "economic anxiety" these fucking traitors. Because of course they are.

Turns out these chuckle fucks dropped 4k on night vision gear and gave the CI 4k more for... something. Economic anxiety my ass.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

Wow

Holy balls, this guy cited the specific law these guys are going to use as their defense- like he’s discussed this with them and others

• Options
    Yeah, if you've got a tacticool toy that costs more than my *entire garage full of tools* and still have economic anxiety it is your own doing.

• Options
    Hevach wrote: »
    Yeah, if you've got a tacticool toy that costs more than my *entire garage full of tools* and still have economic anxiety it is your own doing.

I'd bet fifty bucks these guys are driving around in full sized pickups with $5-10k in wheels / tires / exhausts on each of them, spend at least $2k / year on guns and ammo, and most of them have at least one ATV with a $10k+ MSRP.

I may not know these chuds personally, but I know plenty of jackasses who are cut from the same mold and acting like their concerns are 'economic anxiety' is horseshit. They are dumb lazy fuckers who want everything handed to them on a platter and in general mostly have, but are upset they aren't getting even more.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Wouldn't surprise me to see plenty of old full sized pickups that haven't seen a car wash since the Reagan Administration (they talk like they go mud bogging but it's really just years upon years of dirt road winters). That's almost as common an accessory for the style as a shiny pristine truck that's never carried a load bigger than the groceries.

Hevach on
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I could have sworn that a decade or more ago, the authorities busted the same type of terrorists in Michigan, except their plan was a little less concrete than ‘gonna shoot up police stations and other government buildings.’