As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D] Chronicles of Mystara. STOP. Burning oil and hammer time!

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I guess since it came up everyone should know. You can give other people gold while in the shop. Just put your cursor over theirs. And don't forget to talk to the next shopkeeper after you grab a resource item from a boss, like the skin of the manticore or displacer beast, otherwise you won't be able to make the special item and it's useless.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    For the love of fucking christ, if you get a good item and die, make sure you abso-fucking-lutely do not accidentally switch characters. It wipes your fucking items, even if you suicide and switch back.

This is the second time I've purified the Cursed Sword just prior to the Red Dragon, and accidentally switched to another class and lost it. Fuck.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's out on Live Marketplace! Downloading now... Gamer tag is the same as my forum name if anyone's interested!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Donnicton wrote: »
    For the love of fucking christ, if you get a good item and die, make sure you abso-fucking-lutely do not accidentally switch characters. It wipes your fucking items, even if you suicide and switch back.

This is the second time I've purified the Cursed Sword just prior to the Red Dragon, and accidentally switched to another class and lost it. Fuck.

If you quit right there and restart at that chapter, you'll have all the equipment you started that chapter with. I did the same thing last night, accidentally switched to the wizard, but restarted and still had all my equipment on my thief.

Speaking of which, the axe on the thief is the most ridiculous looking thing.
    45D1B9873374118A89E7669B7FFF292F27610A80

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

If you quit right there and restart at that chapter, you'll have all the equipment you started that chapter with. I did the same thing last night, accidentally switched to the wizard, but restarted and still had all my equipment on my thief.

Speaking of which, the axe on the thief is the most ridiculous looking thing.
    45D1B9873374118A89E7669B7FFF292F27610A80

Yeah but if you're playing online like I was, it's GFY.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Man, that axe almost looks like halberd on her.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I really wish the weapons were spread out better, but I may be missing a bunch who knows. It seems like you can find the axe or short sword very early, but then there's nothing until the end of the game.

Though somehow I managed to pick up a cleric's L2 mace. :P

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Need 2 more for Steam SoM. <3

Disregard, Gifting and peer pressure has solved this issue.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I really wish the weapons were spread out better, but I may be missing a bunch who knows. It seems like you can find the axe or short sword very early, but then there's nothing until the end of the game.

Though somehow I managed to pick up a cleric's L2 mace. :P

It sounds like you're missing all of them. After the beginning, you're going to start seeing elemental and holy weapons instead. You have to know exactly where they are in each area though, they're not just going to be 'there'. (one or two you can also only get with a Thief in the party, and one with a Cleric)

If you're playing on Steam, I can show you some of the paths some time.

CorriganX wrote: »

I'd be available 1-2PM EST, or after 5PM EST most days, or all day most weekends. Steam name should be the same as my forum name.

• Options

Disregard, Gifting and peer pressure has solved this issue.

Did you see there is a "4 keys for the price of 3" promotion on Steam?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Just got the game. :)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Played through Tower of Doom for the first time ever as the elf. It's really fun- but the first cheat I activated was the unlocking the chests one. About to start a play through of SoM as the Magic-User to get my bearings back, but now I can see what the other classes are like!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    This game will not run for me and it has made me the saddest panda.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Weapon drops from chests are largely based on who is opening them. Same with general item drops. You don't want your thief to be opening locked chests if you have a key, and your cleric is less likely to get good healing pots or any type of sword (unless it's a chest that always drops a sword), etc.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I recognize this game solely by the male character yelling "hooooo!" I might get it.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

One of us? I started the thread. Also, creepy.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

One of us? I started the thread. Also, creepy.

Yet we got the game before you did. Also, lighten up. :bz

• Options
    @TheSonicRetard had an edge on everyone. :)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I'm sorry if I missed this elsewhere but - does the Wii U version have couch multiplayer? If it doesn't I'll have to buy it for Steam.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Saturn USB works fine with the PS3 version. Finished Shadow yesterday, still great stuff. I'm always down for PSN if any 4P action goes down. PSN: cj_iwakura

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I messed around pkayong this but I must be mistaken about playing it on SNES before. Whatever beat em up I was playing did not have DnD "Adjective Loot of Nouns" and there's no three headed dragon with a head of fire, ice and acid.

No matter, its still good and most likely a superior title anyway.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    The SNES game you played might have been Magic Sword.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »

Or King of Dragons.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Is there a video somewhere of the PA playthrough?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I posted it earlier.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The King of Dragons is a pretty nice game, and a little bit easier to just pick up and play than the D&D games I think because selecting spells and such in D&D is kinda fiddly at first. Of course, the D&D games have more depth. Still, I wish The King of Dragons wasn't so expensive now...

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Knights of the Round is where its at. Even if the game was balls hard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Mystara is just a staple of the genre. I fucking love this game, even if it feels really old now, its that kind of comforting old feel. Like when you use a blanket that you've had forever, its that old comforting feel of the past.

But if you want a newer take on the side scrolling beat em up genre, sacred citadel is super fun too. And with Dragon Crown coming lets hope this is a revival of the genre, I love these coop games.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Played this last night.

Finished the Lich off with Sticks to Snakes.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Mystara is just a staple of the genre. I fucking love this game, even if it feels really old now, its that kind of comforting old feel. Like when you use a blanket that you've had forever, its that old comforting feel of the past.

But if you want a newer take on the side scrolling beat em up genre, sacred citadel is super fun too. And with Dragon Crown coming lets hope this is a revival of the genre, I love these coop games.

The art style in Sacred Citadel just doesn't do it for me, sadly.

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Actually, while Tower of Doom felt old, I was pleasantly surprised by how "modern" SoM was. I think it was mostly due to the faster pace, revamped and expanded inventory system and special moves.

Speaking of fast pace, whenever you play the Elf in SoM, DO NOT waste your 4th level spells on Fireball and Lightning bolt - save it up for Haste. Haste is simply amaaaaazing, especially if your partners are any combination of fighters, thieves and dwarves.

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    I really need to figure out whether more people on my friend lists have this for PS3 or for Steam.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    Sacred Citadel is very repetitive and also pretty easy and boring.

stream
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I do on PS3

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Grislo wrote: »

Or King of Dragons.

Ah, that's the one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDGRUrtgKb4

HOOOOOOOO!

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Grabbed it for PS3. If anyone wants to group up, PSN is same as my forum name.

• Options
    JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    This game will not run for me and it has made me the saddest panda.

Is it the steam version? I was able to play a couple of levels but when I tried to exit, it crashed while saving and now it crashes every time after the press start screen. :(

Plus it's always launching the installer.

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I have been able to play a bit of Tower of Doom at a friend's house. This has made me realize two things. One, I really want this game. Two, holy crap am I out of practice.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    All of Capcom's RPG/brawlers were great fun; I actually remember the time my family went to see Jurassic Park at the movies but I chickened out (hey, I was still kind of a wuss back in my early teen years) and plowed through as much of Knights of the Round as possible. Pretty pathetic in retrospect. . . my decision, not the game. It was still lots of fun.