As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Bioware doing a ME3 MP map survey for those interested.

2456798

Posts

  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    That depends on the character for me. Definitely black widow for salarian infiltrator and valiant for my huntress with some warp ammo IV thrown on for good measure.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    struggling to see where the AIU is balanced to be honest

    infinite lives is a bit broken.

    if you're good you don't need repair matrix

    where AIU really shines is a melee build, everyone who's seen me play with her knows that :D

    Pretty much.

    Auto-revive is just for when you're feeling yourself a tad bit too much.

    Also. I have to say the ULM for the heavy weapons seem pretty useless. Most of them only offer a 15% weight reduction max which isn't much. But I understand why they didn't give them too much of a bonus from it since it would throw things off a bit.

    Dragkonias on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Huh, wow. AIU on my first reserves pack. And krogan soldier.

    Now... how do you play an AIU?

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Huh, wow. AIU on my first reserves pack. And krogan soldier.

    Now... how do you play an AIU?

    Auuuugh so jealous

    Albino Bunny
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    poorly, preferably on a crappy grenade map

    make your teammates work for it!

    but seriously it is pretty basic: full damage cloak, range and debuff on snap freeze, probably duration on repair matrix

    i did a 4/4 split for the passive and fitness, but some people take 0 fitness to maximize damage

    break cloak with snap freeze, than shoot

    Elendil on
    Geth
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Huh, wow. AIU on my first reserves pack. And krogan soldier.

    Now... how do you play an AIU?

    As far as I can tell: Equip largest shotgun you have -> Cloak -> Murder

    I could be wrong, though. :P Just got one as well and that's the first strategy I saw somewhere.

    PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
    Shadowhope
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Grats on the AIU!

    Step one: Cloak.
    Step two: Decide whether or not there's a chance you'll die to the enemies you're about to murder. If the odds are better than about 25%, hit the repair matrix.
    Step three: Cryo blast.
    Step four: Murder your enemies with a shotfun.
    Step five: Flip away, leaving behind a good argument for why AIs should not be unshackled.

    Dhalphir wrote: »
    @Shadowhope puts on his man face and solos half a Cerberus lategame wave because the rest of us were noobs.

    In fairness, I was on my Huntress, so it was my Lady face.

    Which is always awkward.

    Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    DhalphirCaptain CarrotRegina FongOrca
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    just checked my N7 HQ, 91 hours total MP played. didn't realise it was that high.

  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Grats on the AIU!

    Step one: Cloak.
    Step two: Decide whether or not there's a chance you'll die to the enemies you're about to murder. If the odds are better than about 25%, hit the repair matrix.
    Step three: Cryo blast.
    Step four: Murder your enemies with a shotfun.
    Step five: Flip away, leaving behind a good argument for why AIs should not be unshackled.

    Dhalphir wrote: »
    @Shadowhope puts on his man face and solos half a Cerberus lategame wave because the rest of us were noobs.

    In fairness, I was on my Huntress, so it was my Lady face.

    Which is always awkward.

    Anthropocentric bag of dicks.

    DhalphirShadowhope
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man, I love Turian Sentinel.

    "Hey guys, I'm just going to leave these overloads and warps lying around. I don't care what you do with them."

    Albino Bunny
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    So just finished with the mission part of Citadel. Some thoughts
    Those shield guys are a major pain in the ass as an Adept. Luckily when taking back the Normandy I took Wrex and he just headbutts them until he goes down which keeps them off my back.

    I think my favorite part of the DLC might be the game acknowledging that Shepard is an Adept. Having him and his clone attack each other with biotics was a nice touch. I guess that fight is a bit different at the end if you play an Engineer or Soldier or something?

    I haven't seen all of the conversations with the party members yet, but I'm liking them all so far. Also, the Turian about detonating his tech armor all the time is great.

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    the final bit is a dark link fight, yeah.

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    just finished another runthrough of ME3 with femshep, finished Citadel. My headcanon ending again, of course.

    I gotta say though
    Mark Meer nailed that last line after the party 1000000000x better than Jennifer Hale

    Renegade WolfPunkBoyMetalMagusshoeboxjeddy
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    just finished another runthrough of ME3 with femshep, finished Citadel. My headcanon ending again, of course.

    I gotta say though
    Mark Meer nailed that last line after the party 1000000000x better than Jennifer Hale

    There is no disagree button.

    And even if there were, it would not be sufficient to indicate the extent to which I disagree with your spoiler statement! It's like eleventy gazillion the other way!

    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    CambiataCaptain Carrotchiasaur11Albino Bunny
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    You guys are all jerks

    for having different schedules than me so I can't play MP with you whenever I want, humph.

  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I think Meer did that line and most of the party stuff better than Hale

    but then again I prefer the way Meer does the voice acting over Hale through both ME2 and 3 sooooo

    Regina Fong
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I waddled around slowly and accumulated vast sums of credits through gold completions. I actually stocked a ton of consumables because we very seldom got kill 4 waves. I got to watch an AIU melt geth primes with a Reegar X and a turricane make praetorians into spaghetti.

    All in all, a good night for Juggy.

  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Juggernaut+vorcha and two asari. Gather the enemies together, set them on fire, explode them.

  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Interestingly, we had mostly shooter heavy team comps. I think we only really had one round of a good ten or so that was explosion based. We didn't have a single Paladin - though we did have some Asari Justicar action. A little bit of Engineer action early on but only for like one run.

  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    My God the James conversation.
    I knew nothing would come of it but I still did every. Single. Pullup. Bioware and James are the ultimate trolls.

    Spoiled so hopefully someone else makes the same mistake.

    Sagroth
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Shaggy wrote: »
    So just finished with the mission part of Citadel. Some thoughts
    Those shield guys are a major pain in the ass as an Adept. Luckily when taking back the Normandy I took Wrex and he just headbutts them until he goes down which keeps them off my back.

    I think my favorite part of the DLC might be the game acknowledging that Shepard is an Adept. Having him and his clone attack each other with biotics was a nice touch. I guess that fight is a bit different at the end if you play an Engineer or Soldier or something?

    I haven't seen all of the conversations with the party members yet, but I'm liking them all so far. Also, the Turian about detonating his tech armor all the time is great.

    I can confirm that the engineer spams drones like a sun of a bitch and wraps incinerates around corners into your face.

  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I feel like Jugg heavy melee makes enemies no longer have to be affected by gravity. Everybody that I seemed to grab Strikor would give 'em the WHIPS and then they would travel off into the horizon. Truthfully, I was completely content to watch Phantoms traverse into the distance in such a fashion.

  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    That depends on the character for me. Definitely black widow for salarian infiltrator and valiant for my huntress with some warp ammo IV thrown on for good measure.

    Sounds kind of good, but playing a Huntress without a Crusader is just wrong.

    MSL59.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to get into a discussion about which voice actor is better (it's obviously Jennifer Hale, everyone knows that) but I will say Mark Meer is a pretty rad dude for cosplaying as Shepard (pictured here with Rana, the face model for Samara who is also cosplaying as Samara)

    A2JPKa8CAAA8CGJ.jpg

    ElendilBliss 101ShadowhopeStrikorPhoenix138Regina FongSorcemanwiththemachinegunMild ConfusionAlbino BunnyZombie GandhiPLAshoeboxjeddy
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Moment of the night: A phantom in Rio giving up on life and just diving into the water, prompting much laughter.

    ShadowhopeAlbino Bunny
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Mark Meer seems really cool.

    CambiataStrikorPreciousBodilyFluidsPLAshoeboxjeddy
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I still think they should have used Mark Meer's face for default Shepard

    Bliss 101CambiataShadowhopeEtchwartsStrikorAlbino Bunnyshoeboxjeddy
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I'm not going to get into a discussion about which voice actor is better (it's obviously Jennifer Hale, everyone knows that) but I will say Mark Meer is a pretty rad dude for cosplaying as Shepard (pictured here with Rana, the face model for Samara who is also cosplaying as Samara)

    A2JPKa8CAAA8CGJ.jpg

    So why the fuck did that underwear model end up as the official face of Shepard?

    MSL59.jpg
    Strikor
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I still think they should have used Mark Meer's face for default Shepard

    I think that I'm going to need to do another ME3 run, with a Meer-faced Shepard.

    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, Sheploo's genericness is one of the most disappointing things, now that I've seen what Meer looks like.

    It's always depressing whenever somebody comments on how they always just use the default DudeShep. What are you doing with your life?

  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I know the GPR does shit for damage but I have to say I love putting in on my Geth Engy with both the armor-piercing mods and shooting through 5 ft of walls.

    MetalMagusAlbino Bunny
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    If someone comes up with a good MeerShep (or knows of a code online), let me know. When I do my DudeShep I want it to be a good one.

  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'm not all that concerned with Vanderloo's appearance. I don't think Shep's actions and adventures are made more or less interesting because of his/her appearance. I chose default male Shep because I am conditioned to be wary of character customization in this era, especially in games where nobody else is going to see your character.

    Captain Carrot
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    If someone comes up with a good MeerShep (or knows of a code online), let me know. When I do my DudeShep I want it to be a good one.

    I was actually just thinking the same thing.

    Preliminary Google searches say that no, they don't have such codes, which is a darn shame.
    I'm not all that concerned with Vanderloo's appearance. I don't think Shep's actions and adventures are made more or less interesting because of his/her appearance. I chose default male Shep because I am conditioned to be wary of character customization in this era, especially in games where nobody else is going to see your character.

    Oh, yeah, that's pretty good reasoning, considering all of my custom Shepards ended up looking hideous one way or another.

    For my next playthrough I think I'll go through and try to either find a face code that I like or just slightly modify a preset. The latter is what I did with Hawke in Dragon Age 2 recently and it worked out fine.

  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I feel like my Juggy build is revised and in a good place now. It's 6/6/0/6/6, as much as I like turret, it's totally not necessary. Went with the smaller shield because I can spam them (and allies can shoot around them), gave it the nova stagger on set instead of durability since it has low cooldown ... still not going to do much damage but with AP rounds I can at least punch down the bosses that sniff me out and want hugs. Especially one on one against bosses, I really just melee for a moment to avoid being staggered by their hit and then unload more lancer ammo into their face and then repeat the melee stagger dodge before shooting some more. If my lancer were X or my HV barrel were more than I it would probably go a bit faster.

  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I don't think Shep's actions and adventures are made more or less interesting because of his/her appearance.

    I guess you weren't around when posting screenshots of terrifying Shepards was all the rage.

    Because let me tell you, some of Shep's actions and adventures are made more or less interesting because of his/her appearance.

    MSL59.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I wonder if Juggy could get off a light melee between Praetorian stabs.

  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I wonder if Juggy could get off a light melee between Praetorian stabs.

    I've found the best way to fight Praetorians is to try to lure them around. Getting into melee range is sometimes necessary but it's an uphill battle without support fire. Luckily, Praetorians are fairly easy targets. It's also easy to get them stuck in doorways when two of them come at once. Banshees will stack up on you twenty at a time and then get bored and murder other people, unfortunately.

  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Huh, wow. AIU on my first reserves pack. And krogan soldier.

    Now... how do you play an AIU?

    Auuuugh so jealous

    you'll get one, don't worry

    and i used to be pretty good at making custom male faces in ME and ME2, i may give a meershep a try

    if i come up with anything good, i'll post the code

    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Cambiata
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Look you guys can have your MeerShep or your default Shep. For me this is the only male Shep.

Sign In or Register to comment.