As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to Gamma Terra-Android Netrunner back in stock!

AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was RightGates of SteelRegistered User regular
edited June 2013 in Social Entropy++
YCQFgNy.jpg
You're going to be here a while.
Gamma World Enemy Gallery
Gamma World Character Generator
gamma+world.jpg
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drdd/20101021
Most people believe the world was once perfect, but then the Big Mistake wiped it out, leaving behind the blasted landscape and visibly cracked moon of Gamma Terra. Residents of that utopian former world (you and me) are called Ancients, and their ruins and still-functioning super-science artifacts can still be found.

Insofar as it can be determined by people of Gamma Terra, the Big Mistake was a combination of events kicked off by an accident at an Ancient installation called the Large Hadron Collider that was attempting to locate the “God Particle.” Depending on the story, it was one of those tiny things that didn’t seem important at the time: a bird dropped a piece of bread, which precipitated a series of cascading malfunctions culminating in the event that partially collapsed billions of parallel timelines into a single worldtrack! Uncomprehending nations in a large percentage of these parallel Earths mistook the collapse for an attack by enemies and immediately launched their arsenals of nuclear, chemical, biological, and superscience weapons at each other.

That was some years ago. Since then, remnant poisons, fluxing timelines, and transposed creatures and technology of myriad alternate dimensions combined to create a unique tableau that any Ancient would deride as the gibberings of a down-on-her-luck pulp novelist. From where you’re sitting, it’s obviously no fantasy, but sometimes it sure seems crazy.
Gamma World- D&D 4th Edition
Gamma World Expansion: Famine in Far-Go
Gamma World Expansion: Legion of Gold
Gamma World: Pedal to the Metal- Vehicle Combat Rules
Hometown, Gamma Terra
Gamma World: Factory of Misfit Omega Tech- A Gamma World Holiday Adventure

tXfUSVr.jpg
Orokos Dice Roller and Character Sheets
Invisible Castle Dice Roller
Myth Weavers Character Sheets
Pathfinder SRD
D&D 4th Edition Character Builder
Eclipse Phase
Call of Cthulhu
Shadowrun
Dark Heresy
New World of Darkness
UDQS0js.jpg

D&D on ios, i guess?

Antimatter on

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAq_SlMcdQQYNC194mdFJcI7mws_nIIsRBMfVXJwH1oaNIl08b

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I want to run a [%] game where all the traits are picked by drawing cards against humanity cards.

Its like gamma world except you have a higher chance of being horrible things

Edit: Tested it. My character would be Nicholas Cage, except he is a Tempur-Pedic sleep system who is really good at active listening.

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    @Dubh

Tieflings and Dragonborn both having old fallen empires is kind of a big thing. They were basically USA/USSR for a while.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    In our game the difference between the tiefling and dragonborn empires is pretty stark.

Like, the dragonborn still have a nation, though they send their young out into the world to explore and discover. But their land is ruled over by bloodline houses, each headed by an actual dragon. Getting accepted into a bloodline is not a guarantee, and is a big deal (because non-dragonborn are second-class citizens, while blooded dragonborn are the fucking aristocracy).

Tieflings, by contrast, have nothing. Their former land is now a blighted desert hell (darksun, basically). Some live among the ruins, most have traveled to other lands, and few tieflings can count the number of tieflings they know on more than one hand.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I ain't a fan of the new default setting. That's all it is, mostly 'cause I spent a ton of time with the older content. Deities, spells, etc. Some of it is through rose-tinted goggles (in before some asshole says that's all it is), but that's a whole bunch of content thrown by the wayside. Now that 4e is being mulched, I'm even less inclined to go with the stuff I don't immediatly like.

It's a vicious cycle. On par with the reapers.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Take what you like, discard what you don't. It's your game, make it something you're happy with. I like the balance and ease of 4th edition, but I feel they lost a lot of flavor and things I liked got dropped to focus on combat.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Man, they kept Pelor around. And he's hells of boring.

Tieflings were sorta ruined for me, though. Oh well, kobolds are still awesome.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Oh, and I'm diggin' the new avatar, slimes.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I liked that 4e's default setting was Not Greyhawk, basically. I always preferred homebrew-style settings, so I thought that was cool.

And, seriously, the first thing I throw out are deities. We kept maybe half of the 4e core deities, and tossed the rest and replaced them with lots more others.

I do tend to like a slightly more FR-esque pantheon. Just lousy with gods.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks, Dubh. I thought the icon generator was perfect, since it's really easy to reduce a slime down to an icon.

I have a couple of books of Call of Cthulhu scenarios that are all horror/fantasy movie based. Like zombie film, slasher flick, etc. I've always wanted to run a few of those some day. Especially the slasher film one because it was pretty disturbing, and one of the PCs would play the family dog.

Edit: The books are titled Blood Brothers, and Blood Brothers II. And to add to my description, there is a silent film scenario, a Land that Time Forgot style one, a Mexican wrestler one, and one titled "Ancient Midget Nazi Shamans".

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    I could never get the hang of FR

never liked it much

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i think my favorite of any of the D&D deities is Erathis

she would be the best patron god for a Restorationist in Gamma Terra

• Options
    Eberron is pretty neat, I think

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Eberron's my favorite of all of the D&D settings

it just feels right and I cant believe it took so long to come into existence

Good job Keith Baker

• Options
    Planescape is my favorite

but, pffffffft

I think I'd rather it was left alone

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    only thing that really bugs me about eberron is overuse of dragonry

world creation myth? dragons
    dragonmarks
    dragonmarked houses
    draconic prophecy
    entire continent ruled by dragons
    dragon dragon dragon dragon

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I loved Spelljammer because it was so weird and you could use it to throw any world or scenario at the party. I think I'm only missing one Spelljammer book.

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    only thing that really bugs me about eberron is overuse of dragonry

world creation myth? dragons
    dragonmarks
    dragonmarked houses
    draconic prophecy
    entire continent ruled by dragons
    dragon dragon dragon dragon

rock the dragon

• Options
    Oh.

Yeah.

So the guy that was DMing mid-late Paragon for our group completely spoiled my entire plotline to the PCs tonight.

Straight-up had one of the NPCs that he created look at them, point blank, and say, "You are the prophesied ones. You are the ones who will destroy the world."

So now I have to completely scrap the really awesome, intriguing, and twist-ending-having story I wrote up for the epic tier of our game because he has absolutely zero fucking respect for a fellow writer.

It was all I could do not to flip the table and ragequit as soon as he said it.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Oh.

Yeah.

So the guy that was DMing mid-late Paragon for our group completely spoiled my entire plotline to the PCs tonight.

Straight-up had one of the NPCs that he created look at them, point blank, and say, "You are the prophesied ones. You are the ones who will destroy the world."

So now I have to completely scrap the really awesome, intriguing, and twist-ending-having story I wrote up for the epic tier of our game because he has absolutely zero fucking respect for a fellow writer.

have one of your NPCs show up and be like "yeah, that other guy? he was totally full of shit"

• Options
    what the fuck

like, I don't know the deets

but that sounds goddamn infuriating

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i want to play a game where i can be ROM Spaceknight what game will allow this to happen

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Whaaaaaaaat

How did this dude get in that position with that attitude

• Options
    @Buttlord
    probably mutants and masterminds, the way people talk you about it you can stat up anything

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Oh god Bucketman I am so sorry this is taking so long

And I sorta shot myself in the foot mentioning that the gimmick of my character is others not knowing what he does. Now everyone is gonna be watching what he does like a hawk.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Buttlord
    probably mutants and masterminds, the way people talk you about it you can stat up anything

who wants to play mutants and masterminds guys!!!!

• Options
    It wasn't out of malice, it was out of complete and total lack of awareness that I might even remotely be bothered by another DM dropping insanely specific spoilers about my campaign.

He's just so completely socially inept that he doesn't get it, which is what kept me from making a scene. He's just like that. Can't be bothered to see how that might bother somebody. Can't be bothered to check with somebody before just going for it.

This is the same DM that routinely spent a good third of our sessions going on excessive exposition. Tonight we played for about two hours, had only one combat encounter, and it took about an hour. The rest of the time? Him talking. Not even joking.

The only reason I shared anything with him is because I needed to know where we were going to be at for the hand-off, and wanted to make sure his character wasn't going to be too game-breaking.

Honestly I just don't even want to play anymore. Like, I just don't care. Dude is such a fucking stressor for me that I just don't want to go back.

Because his fucking PC is going to be the most OP broken piece of shit that I've ever shared a table with.

"Oh, I cursed it with Warlock's Curse, so it has a -2 to attacks. And I did psychic damage with Mindbite Scorn, and I have Psychic Lock, so it takes another -2 to attacks. Oh, yeah, and this other feat gives it a -2 to attacks that don't include me. Oh, yeah, and it's marked, so it takes another -2 to attacks that don't include me. Oh, y-"

"You know what, dude? You win. Okay? You fucking win. Congrats. You fucking won D&D. I'm going home."

• Options
    It wasn't out of malice, it was out of complete and total lack of awareness that I might even remotely be bothered by another DM dropping insanely specific spoilers about my campaign.

He's just so completely socially inept that he doesn't get it, which is what kept me from making a scene. He's just like that. Can't be bothered to see how that might bother somebody. Can't be bothered to check with somebody before just going for it.

this right here is a huge red flag to stop playing with this guy

if they don't give enough of a shit about other people to not be colossal dipshits they probably shouldn't be engaging in an activity that, at its best, involves thinking "man what would i find fun and what would THESE OTHER PEOPLE find fun" and then working to make sure everyone (including people who aren't yourself) have fun

i'm saying the guy sucks

• Options
    Oh.

Yeah.

have one of your NPCs show up and be like "yeah, that other guy? he was totally full of shit"

Yeah....that doesn't exactly work when said NPC was the son of the dead-god-of-death Nerull, and is now the ascended new god of death.

Did I mention the Raven Queen is a well-established deity in this setting? And he just wrote in his own death god because he's been playing Skyrim. Or WotLK. Or watching Game of Thrones. Or something. Which is why we've spent three levels gallivanting around the Free Nations of Thrym.

• Options
    then i read the rest of that post and yeah seriously stop playing with that guy

• Options
    I haven't really played in years because I really dislike a lot of people that play tabletop. That is an advantage to living here, I can find a bunch of forumers and other cool people to play with, provided I had more time and money.

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »

this right here is a huge red flag to stop playing with this guy

if they don't give enough of a shit about other people to not be colossal dipshits they probably shouldn't be engaging in an activity that, at its best, involves thinking "man what would i find fun and what would THESE OTHER PEOPLE find fun" and then working to make sure everyone (including people who aren't yourself) have fun

i'm saying the guy sucks

Yyyyyup. And I really don't want to play any more because of this.

But the problem is that my girlfriend has started playing. So...if I don't keep going, she'll probably quit, too. And she'll be upset with me. And...yeah.

It's just a no-win. And now it's my fucking job.

I seriously am so pissed off at this dude. I have been very forgiving about his Sheldon-esque antics for a while now. But he's just too much for me anymore. Can't play a regular single-class anything except a Fighter or a Wizard because "everything else is too boring. Why do that when I can be a *rattles off some hybrid piece of shit that does crazy bullshit and teleports and gives huge penalties to attack and fuck you DM Imma ruin your game*"

• Options
    Play with me, Tox

I respect my fellow writers

and girlfriends are always welcome

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I think I'm just gonna suck it up and figure something out. Hopefully something not shitty. Then when we finish this year, another guy has already volunteered to just DM the whole thing, and I'm just gonna straight up tell him, I don't want to play with other guy anymore, and if that means I'm not welcome at the table, that's cool, I understand, but I just can't handle it any more.

He's just like..."Why play X, when Y is so obviously better because you can then do Z, and also Q.."

because, man. Be-fucking-cause.

• Options
    ok look here's the thing

elf games are supposed to be fun

you're supposed to enjoy playing/running them

if you find yourself not having fun?

stop

you're basically devoting time every week to being miserable

alternately kick king shitlord out of the group, you can't be the only one frustrated with him

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    oh god he's one of those CharOp people

run for the hills, Tox

• Options
    OR WE COULD ALL PLAY MUTANTS AND MASTERMINDS AND BE SPACEKNIGHTS OF GALADOR FIGHTING THE DIRE WRAITHS

SHOTGUN ON FIREFALL

• Options
    I think I'm just gonna suck it up and figure something out.

this is the absolute worst possible response

if a dude pisses you off on a regular basis the response shouldn't be "suck it up"

no gaming is better than bad gaming

• Options
    I can't kick him out. It's not that kind of group. We're not a "I'm the DM and you're my players" type of group. We're a "we're the players" type of group. Everything was intended to be group-done, with everybody having equal say.

If I quit, I'll lose friends, I'll upset my girlfriend, and ultimately no good will come of it. The game will fail, and the group will fall apart.

If I just suck it up and keep going, my girlfriend will have fun, my other friends will have fun, and by the end of the year we'll be done with the campaign, and can start over, and hopefully not include him in any new plans.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2013
    Unpopular Opinion: fuck Cards Against Humanity.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.