Options

Welcome to Gamma Terra-Android Netrunner back in stock!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    no, I mean, in order to get to D11 and attack the guy.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    the only ranged attack I have (I think), is that one that pulls dudes towards me.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    future character idea: the progression of the templar knight from last crusade

revenant paladin, guardian of a temple to a god that nobody remembers, seeking to do good works and spread the word after the temple finally crumbles to dust around him and he has nothing left to guard

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Double move is a full turn action, right? I could I could do that to get up beside the guy, action point and living fortress. that is, if I'm not confused about rules again.

Double move costs two move actions. Which means you have to sacrifice your standard, or AP. But! It lets you move double your speed at once, so for instance if you're in difficult terrain and have speed 5, you can move through 5 squares as a double move.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Wait, caulk. I think my racial power is a minor action. So I could use that to get out of your way.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Hmm. If you can swing it, go for it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Who has two thumbs and likes boardgames?
    It's me.

• Options
    Anyone happen to have the item stats (specifically in regards to crits) for the craghammer? Orokos' item description linking is garbage and I can't find it on google.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    +2/d10, brutal 2, versatile.

• Options
    I... Can't decode that first part.

What do I roll (my sheet says I have +3 craghammer) after I have realise the roll was a crit?

It's still worth noting that I'm still quite rusty at this.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    I loved Spelljammer because it was so weird and you could use it to throw any world or scenario at the party. I think I'm only missing one Spelljammer book.

which one? got some at the half price bookstore in town.

• Options
    Is that an extra d10 per 2 pluses?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Well, you have maximum damage for the regular attack.

Then you look at what kind of magic craghammer you have, because different sorts of magical items have different amounts of damage they deal on critical hits. Some magical enchantments don't deal extra damage dice on critical hits, but instead do some other cool effect.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    the +2 is your weapon accuracy, so you add that to your strength modifier as well as half your level.

The d10 is of course your hit dice.

If your roll was a crit you do max damage and there should be an addition based on whether you have a magical weapon as well

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Looks like you've got a Lesser Cloaked Craghammer +3

Which should mean you've got 3d6 damage on a critical hit, in addition to the maximized normal damage.

EDIT: Inherent bonuses means you get the 3d6, apparently!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Mine's a Lesser Cloaked one (I think it's supposed to be +2, but we're using inherent bonuses, so). Lets me carry it without risk of having it taken from me out of battle.

So, ignore the damage roll and set it to max plus whatever extra crit damage?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    I really want to play Gamma World.

Yes. It could be set on the campus of the university of california los angeles as a reference to Tundar dah Barbarian.

• Options
    Mine's a Lesser Cloaked one (I think it's supposed to be +2, but we're using inherent bonuses, so). Lets me carry it without risk of having it taken from me out of battle.

So, ignore the damage roll and set it to max plus whatever extra crit damage?

Yup! If you're working with inherent bonuses then yeah it's +3 instead. The magic weapon description itself should tell you what the extra crit dice is (which you have to roll, it's not max'd out)

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Foolproof wrote: »
    I loved Spelljammer because it was so weird and you could use it to throw any world or scenario at the party. I think I'm only missing one Spelljammer book.

which one? got some at the half price bookstore in town.

Most of my stuff is in storage, so I don't remember. I might have completed the set, I honestly can't quite recall. Thanks though.

• Options
    Alright, someone please tell me if I screwed something up.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Like, in the Extraordinaires game, or just in general?

• Options
    All of that information is in the Player's Handbook, the Rules Compendium, Heroes of the Fallen Lands, and Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms.

Support your hobby! :)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I have some of those. Somewhere in the house.

I am at work and on my phone.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Like, in the Extraordinaires game, or just in general?

Both, preferably, but primarily regarding that last action

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    A Craghammer has a proficiency bonus of +2. Whenever you wield a craghammer with which you are proficient while attacking with a power with the weapon keyword, you add a +2 proficiency bonus to the roll.

A craghammer has a weapon die of d10, brutal 2. Whenever you hit with a weapon power using a craghammer, you roll Xd10 where X equals the "X[W]" of the power's hit line. Also, because it is Brutal 2, you reroll any weapon die (as in, the d10s you roll for weapon damage) that comes up as a 1 or a 2 (equal to or lower than your brutal value).

A craghammer is versatile. If you are not wielding a shield, you can wield a craghammer in two hands. If you choose to do so, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls.

A lesser cloaked weapon has a crit die of d6. When you roll a critical hit with a lesser cloaked weapon, the attack deals maximum damage (Which means any damage you would roll on a normal hit is maximized), plus 1d6 per plus of enhancement bonus of the weapon. Because you are using inherent bonuses, you have a +3 enhancement bonus to the weapon automatically.

• Options
    Also, also, I am watching the Extraordinaries thread, and enjoying the read greatly.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    It means you give Craig back his hammer. Dick move stealing it.

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Also, also, I am watching the Extraordinaries thread, and enjoying the read greatly.

So, Tox, how are Zeel's anime levels right now? Too much, not enough or just right?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

So, Tox, how are Zeel's anime levels right now? Too much, not enough or just right?

everything could always be more anime

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

everything could always be more anime

Could ain't should.

Could ain't anywhere near should.

• Options
    Eh. If you really want to hit anime levels, you go hybrid Fighter|Barbarian, MC Monk (Master of the Fist).

You take Improved Monk's Unarmed Strike, Hurl Weapon, and Shocktrooper Paragon Path. d12 fists that you can throw.

• Options
    Eh. If you really want to hit anime levels, you go hybrid Fighter|Barbarian, MC Monk (Master of the Fist).

You take Improved Monk's Unarmed Strike, Hurl Weapon, and Shocktrooper Paragon Path. d12 fists that you can throw.

I meant largely in an attack description sense.

This is the first time I've ever put much effort into describing the attack that my D&D character is making, and it's kinda fun to look at the mechanics and figure out how to visualize that.

For example, the Burning Brand movement gives me partial cover. Why? Well...

QJXMCFV.png

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh yeah everybody is doing a great job of rp.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I hope so. Feel like I got Waera's personality locked in.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    how do i make a character that can slice arrows in half with their katana?

since there is no katana, bastard sword or scimitar can take the place.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I thought the standard rule was to sub the bastard sword for the katana

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    @Dubh

i've been taking a lot of your roleplaying tips to heart for my character in gatsby's game

i also have forced a rule on myself: if i use music in a post, it can't be something i've ever had on my ipod.

• Options
    Yay! I'm glad I helped. That's also a fantastic rule for music.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Everyone in my game has been bloody top-notch when it comes to roleplaying

• Options
    i have been making strides to not use modern cursing in character. I'm sure i have, but i try to find more, flavourful ways.

I also don't understand the posting music thing, and am tempted to just post random songs and hope it works out.

This discussion has been closed.