As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forgetting Your [Sibling Day]

SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
Many months ago, my cousins exploded their Facebook page with something called "Sibling Day." My sister and I looked it up, because that's the kind of people we are, and it turns out sibling day was actually sometime in April. So it turned out our cousins' appreciation of their siblinghood was embarrassingly mis-timed. My sister and I resolved we would celebrate the true sibling day when it arrived. "I'll bake a cake!" my sister said.

Five minutes ago, I discovered that today, April 10th, is Sibling Day. True, my sister and I hung out, but we utterly failed to do anything to celebrate the holiday. We screwed up real bad. There was no cake. We just watched Justified and hung out with my wife and newborn baby. This was an abject failure. I did not purchase a pinata. We did not even explode our Facebook pages like the cousins we so rightfully mocked.

This thread is about sibling day, and appreciating your siblings. Why do you love/hate your sibling? Let us count the ways.

My sister is awesome. She's always been a support system for me and she's fun to hang out with and super hilarious. We grew up playing Baldur's Gate and other CRPGs together. She is continuing the trend of being awesome by being a fantastic aunt and visiting her niece like every other day.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    my brother makes me feel smarter

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    my brother picks his nose and eats it

he is 25

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    My older brother won't stop watching The Young Turks and anytime he talks for more than thirty seconds it turns into a rant about how corporations are all corporationy. Kinda makes me not want to spend time around him.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    waste not want not

Matey on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

he is 25

Am... am I your bro?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I grew up the oldest of seven children.

Explains a lot, really.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

he is 25

Am... am I your bro?

yes,

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    No brackets, Ted

HAPPY SIBLING DAY BEST BROTHER I'LL BAKE A CAKE THIS WEEKEND

Edit: aw you said nice things about me! My brother is my best friend, a great dad, a very funny dude, and am excellent English teacher. And lots of other stuff. I bug him every day.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    i like this thread

i hope some heart warming stories are shared

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

he is 25

Am... am I your bro?

chico are you really younger than i am YOU TALENTED SACK OF SHIT

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i texted my sister today that i was eating a boolkogi burrito from the korean fusion food truck today

i didn't know this was a thing/holiday, i just wanted to let her know i had delicious food and she didn't

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    My sister and I used to write a family newsletter called the Daily Blurb when we were...seven ish? I think it was published biannually. Trish did all the writing, and I think mostly I tried to figure out how to take pictures of clay monsters I had made so I could write stories about monsters.

• Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I have five half-siblings. The oldest uses Asperger's as an excuse to act like a shitheel. I don't like him much. The rest are cool.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    My brother can be a bigger asshole than my dad

We haven't talked at all this year.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Today is my sister's birthday, and I called her but I think she was in class since I got her voice mail, and I know she works today.

I hope she likes the iphone our dad got her

Strange coincidence, this holiday.

Huntera on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    My sister is hate filled Christian fundie.

I'll see her on Christmas, and that's enough.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    My brothers are good dudes and we all get on famously. I am very grateful for my brothers

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    My sisters are all awesome.

• Options
    i have siblings

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    My sister is the phoniest person I know. I don't hate her, but I can honestly say that if we were not siblings I would never want to interact with her voluntarily.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    My sisters are all awesome.

So are my friends.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Today is my sister's birthday, and I called her but I think she was in class since I got her voice mail, and I know she works today.

I hope she likes the iphone our dad got her

Strange coincidence, this holiday.

Today is also my sister's birthday, but she didn't get an Iphone.

We talked.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I traveled to see one awesome older brother last weekend, and I will be going to see my rad oldest brother and sister in law this weekend.
    Siblings are cool. Being the baby, I've learned a lot from all of them.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i have a sister and a brother we're the best

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My brother is cooler than you guys probably think.

When he isn't holed up in his room he's pretty fun to hang out with.

We're learning to play Go together.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have a half-brother and a sister. I don't see them much.

My sister can be kind of snobby and elitist. I think the only thing she's ever liked without reservation is Archer. Which, hey, Archer rules, but there are other things that are good too.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Uriel wrote: »
    My brother is cooler than you guys probably think.

When he isn't holed up in his room he's pretty fun to hang out with.

We're learning to play Go together.

OH YEAH? My brothers are cooler than all ya'lls brothers!
    Just wait until they get back from their Secret Agent/Fighter Pilot Outerspace tour,
    and they'll show ya just how cool a real brother can be.

(Learning Go together sounds really neat)

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    My brother is a shitheel. No opinions on my half siblings yet as I've seen one of them maybe half a dozen times, and the other never.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »

Not much. You?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I also have a bunch of step siblings that I don't get to see very often or talk to much.

One older step sister and two older step brothers.

I was the baby of the family so I think they just don't like me.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    a5ehren sup?

Not much. You?

About the same.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    My brother is a lot like me, but a couple inches shorter and with a couple kilos extra muscle.

We're remarkably alike in interests, tastes and character, however, so much so that basically we're referred to in tandem by our friends. Also, all of his friends became my friends and my friends became his friends. We're not always found together or in the same places, but we're largely seen as interchangeable.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ym6nmY4.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    c'est waa vie

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    My brother is younger than me and probably on a career path to far more success and wealth. He is also super cool and funny and good-looking.

He used to call me Dee when he was little because he couldn't pronounce "Sandy," and my favourite picture of us together is one where I'm reading to him on the sofa but here is another

6Lrwisu.jpg

Also one time he asked me why the rocking chairs on the beach house porch were rocking when no one was in them and I told him ghosts were sitting there and he locked himself in the bathroom for like an hour plus

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    My brother is a lot like me, but a couple inches shorter and with a couple kilos extra muscle.

We're remarkably alike in interests, tastes and character, however, so much so that basically we're referred to in tandem by our friends. Also, all of his friends became my friends and my friends became his friends. We're not always found together or in the same places, but we're largely seen as interchangeable.

But did he do a 5-year XCOM LP? You just need to make a sign about that so that people can tell you apart :P

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Speaking of brothers, I received a message log from Google Voice from a brother today.
    "Hey Girls Club. Hey, gimme a call back, call my cellphone, xxxxxxx. For some reason I don't. I saw the water and so I don't right now because it's Bryan off for some ice That was her white, I'm sorry. That way the rice will absorb the water So I hope it works until later this week, but if you could give me a call on my cellphone. That's the number (xxx) xxx-xxxx I'll see you on Saturday. Love you bye."

I almost don't want to play message, because this sounds like a neat cryptic mystery.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    my brother is a horrible, shitty person

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting for the right time to kill my brother to wear his face, assume his identity, and live half of each of our lives.

You hear that, @Theroadvirus? I'm coming for you, motherfucker.