Options

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I think my favourite one was, you and I remember Istanbul very differently.

I really like that one as well

I think Whedon's dialogue was perfectly fine and in a lot of cases great with Avengers, especially with Stark because his character works will with the his writing style, that particular Black Widow line just feels uncharacteristic to me is all and that's what bothers me the most.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So, I personally really hope that character from Agents of SHIELD isn't Luke Cage.

Cause if you are going to do Luke Cage I'd prefer it on the silver-screen.

I would imagine that Luke Cage showing up would be partially to create a bigger fan base for the character and do a movie.

I think you could sell a Heroes for Hire film to the American film-going public.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I do always chuckle in appreciation at Thor's line "I'm here to put an end to Loki's schemes!"

Because goddamn if that isn't the hammiest of hamfisted funnybook cartoon dialogue and Chris Hemsworth digs his heels in and just commits to it like hell.

I've been coming to the realization that the hammiest parts of that movie, the ones that are just literally a comic book without any adornment or adaptation or winking at the audience, are the best parts

Sometimes the best joke is the joke played straight

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I bet there are people who watched Much Ado About Nothing and complained about whedonsims in the writing.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    For what it's worth, I liked the "That doesn't look like a party" line. But I'm a fan of cheese, so whatever.

Anywho, here's an idea for a fun exercise. List the top 5 characters or concepts you want to see added to the MCU, whether in a movie or on a TV show. Anything that's already coming out, or is owned by Fox or Sony doesn't count. :P
    5. Squirrel Girl or Stilt-Man (squirel girl might be owned by Fox, hence also listing Stilt-Man); played as straight as possible. I just want to see something so batshit looney that previously you could only pull it off in a comic book.
    4. EMH-style Hulk where he's not mindless brute and can hold conversations and even snark on occasion.
    3. A big team-up movie with Dr. Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, & Man Thing who battle with lovecraftian horrors. After a Dr. Strange movie comes out, of course.
    2. Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. Bonus points if they include Mar-vell as a supporting character without overshadowing Carol.
    1. M.O.D.O.K.: Big head, tiny body, designed only for killing. Make it happen, Marvel.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So, I personally really hope that character from Agents of SHIELD isn't Luke Cage.

I would imagine that Luke Cage showing up would be partially to create a bigger fan base for the character and do a movie.

I think you could sell a Heroes for Hire film to the American film-going public.

"So a beefy ex-convict with unbreakable skin and a rich, young, handsome CEO whose superpower is 'I am the best at Kung Fu' team up and fight all manners of crime on the mean streets of New York, for hire."

Yeah, that seems like a pretty easy pill to swallow.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Vampire mafia in hell's kitchen: YES BLADE/DAREDEVIL/PUNISHER
    Indestructible Hulk in the MCU
    MORE MAN-THING
    Danvers as Captain Marvel
    Midnight Sons/Supernatural teamup
    six is heroes for hire

Antimatter on
  • Options

"So a beefy ex-convict with unbreakable skin and a rich, young, handsome CEO whose superpower is 'I am the best at Kung Fu' team up and fight all manners of crime on the mean streets of New York, for hire."

Yeah, that seems like a pretty easy pill to swallow.

Red pill or blue pill?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »

Wait
    Vampire mafia is a thing that happened?

God bless comic books.

• Options
    -Heroes for Hire
    -Beta Ray Bill
    -Man Thing
    -Thunderbolts with Man Thing
    -Daredevil and Punisher cross paths as they take down New York organised crime

• Options

Wait

God bless comic books.
    i think it has but i'm not positive
    but it is a thing that NEEDS to happen in the mcu

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I don't mean to say they can't or even that they don't think they can.

But if your movie plans are locked in for the next four or so years but you know you want to get to a character after that and you've got a TV show premiering that, good or bad, is basically a guaranteed hit why not give him a bit of exposure?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Honestly, the one line in Avengers that rubs me the wrong way is right neat the beginning when Fury says "Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on."

I think that just by replacing "spin on" with "keep spinning" the line would sound so much more natural and less constructed.

• Options

Wait

God bless comic books.
    i think it has but i'm not positive
    but it is a thing that NEEDS to happen in the mcu

God yes it does.

I think the MCU is one of my favorite things to happen to movies in a long time.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    i was really hoping they'd get Isaiah Mustafa attached to any Luke Cage thing :<

Michael Jai White was my hope for Cage
    Mustafa has the suaveness and worldly quality that I associate with Black Panther

• Options
    Honestly, the one line in Avengers that rubs me the wrong way is right neat the beginning when Fury says "Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on."

I think that just by replacing "spin on" with "keep spinning" the line would sound so much more natural and less constructed.

I think I might agree with you if Nick Fury wern't saying it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

But if your movie plans are locked in for the next four or so years but you know you want to get to a character after that and you've got a TV show premiering that, good or bad, is basically a guaranteed hit why not give him a bit of exposure?

Cause I'd rather have a popular actor portray Luke Cage?

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    @the geek

don't you be trash talkin' duckman

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Wait

God bless comic books.
    Dracula once lived on a castle on the moon that fired vampires at the Earth. Anything's possible in Marvel.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    well hold on
    IM3 easter egg spoiler
    multiple people saw the movie again and apparently she DID have the scar in her interview, buuuuuuuuuuut that means that that didnt heal!

IM3 Easter Egg Spoiler
    I think she did have the scar before, but I assumed since it was already scarified Extremis wouldn't see it as damage in need of healing

• Options

Cause I'd rather have a popular actor portray Luke Cage?

Well I'd rather have JAR become a famous actor so I'm pretty happy with this.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    @the geek

don't you be trash talkin' duckman

Man, it has some fun writing but it is still ugly as sin, bro.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    -Heroes for Hire
    -Beta Ray Bill
    -Man Thing
    -Thunderbolts with Man Thing
    -Daredevil and Punisher cross paths as they take down New York organised crime

Wait shit no I have to change this list

Swap out Thunderbolts for Shang-Chi

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Too late, you're already locked in. ;)

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    While I would love Luke and or Danny to get a movie I also think their characters would work very well on TV and would be fine if Marvel chose to pursue them in that format.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ideally I'd love to see Michael Jai White portray Luke Cage. I mean Black Dynamite is basically his audition tape.

But a deep spot in my heart really wants to see what Terry Crews could do with the role.

• Options
    I'm not sure that Luke Cage/Iron Fist showing up in a TV show format really means that they can't also show up in the movies.

I mean if they end up in Avengers 2, I doubt that, say, Tony Stark would be familiar with them, so their introduction to him would account for any confusion of audiences who hadn't watched the TV show before seeing the movie, and that's the only real concern I see stemming from introducing them on SHIELD.

• Options
    I'm not sure that Luke Cage/Iron Fist showing up in a TV show format really means that they can't also show up in the movies.

I mean if they end up in Avengers 2, I doubt that, say, Tony Stark would be familiar with them, so their introduction to him would account for any confusion of audiences who hadn't watched the TV show before seeing the movie, and that's the only real concern I see stemming from introducing them on SHIELD.

Why would you ever put them in Avengers 2 without dedicating an entire film to themselves?

• Options
    The MCU is dying to have a buddy cop film.

Heroes for Hire is that film and more.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Why would you ever put them in Avengers 2 without dedicating an entire film to themselves?

...but wasn't Hawkeye first introduced in Avengers?

EDIT: Oh, wait, no. He was in Thor. But it wasn't a big role.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think Rhodes should have to dress up like this every time he is wearing Iron Patriot.
    MV5BMjE3MzkwMDE2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY5OTQyNw@@._V1._SX640_SY426_.jpg

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

...but wasn't Hawkeye first introduced in Avengers?

he was in thor

• Options

It's just an assumption I'm making based on the timing of the TV show and Avengers 2.

Trust me my friend, on desperately wanting a Heroes for Hire movie, we are agreed.

• Options
    Basically I don't want them to half-ass Luke & Danny.

I want it to be huge and majestic and spectacular. And film works really well for that, exceedingly well.

Television? Eww....

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

I want it to be huge and majestic and spectacular. And film works really well for that, exceedingly well.

Television? Eww....

TV has improved. It isn't complete shit.

• Options

Television? Eww....

TV has improved. It isn't complete shit.

Never said it was but television isn't suited for huge, amazing stories featuring extensive special features & famous actors.

• Options
    Some stories work better for film.

Some others for television.

• Options
    And when those stories have a special child. Well...

We call that a mini-series.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't know what kind of heroes for hire story you're thinking of, but that's a pairing that's almost made for TV

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I hope that they don't go too overboard with the Whedonesque dialogue. Not every character needs to commentate to the audience like that. Occasionally, those kinds of sentiments would be expressed better in body language and demeanor rather than in dialogue.

This discussion has been closed.