As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On!] Armored Core 4 - REGULATION 1.40X IS OUT - MINIGUNS ARE FAST AGAIN

• Options
    Spawn733Spawn733 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just use the two 16-length'd blades and that works pretty well for me against users who aren't using blades :) Unless i'm against someone else with more powerful blades, then its usually rough...

Btw, I discovered today that you can have HANGAR blades on your guy!!! I was so sad to have not seen them by Chapter 3 so I assumed they weren't in...just the thought of my joyous realization of them still being in the game is enough to bring me to tears!!!

Spawn733 on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, having a gun and then popping out two blades scares the SHIT out of people.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So is this game popular online? I've been looking for a new hot as shit game to play online.

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There's a demo on marketplace, if anyone's interested. I'm downloading it now.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    How do you combo/shoot the moonlight?

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I heard a new regulation file's coming out soon! :O

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    I heard a new regulation file's coming out soon! :O

THANK GOD

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    1.30X IS OUT

Missiles and Lasers have been nerfed. Ballistics have been apparently buffed. Guess what everyone's using now.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    1.30X IS OUT

Missiles and Lasers have been nerfed. Ballistics have been apparently buffed. Guess what everyone's using now.

Boomsticks?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Rifles, apparently. I've been using them since before they were cool! >: (

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Rifles, apparently. I've been using them since before they were cool! >: (

Aren't parrying blades ballistic?

... >:D

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yup, and I know exactly how to use 'em. ;D

Apparently EN blades are significantly more powerful if you up your EN Usage rating. EN efficient = weaker EN attack. I felt this firsthand. My 32,000 AP melee machine kept getting one-shat by this guy with that setup. Beforehand it would take a couple strikes to bring me down.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Huh. I never knew that.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Me neither. He kept one-shotting me and he explained what he did. It makes perfect sense.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Quick boost back with a front heavy mech and then stab him. :D

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Patch notes!

Regulation 1.00 Original
    - what the disc ships with

Regulation 1.10
    -OB and PA recovery time quickened
    -Bullet weapon PA usage strengthened
    -PA ability of light parts strengthened
    -Bullet Defense effect repaired from scratch
    -A part of tune ability strengthened
    -Balancing on a part of EN weapons

Regulation 1.20
    -Lower the FCS parallel processing efficiency
    -Lower the impact force of shell weapons and somehow adjust energy weapons
    -Raise head stability
    -Decrease frame part energy consumption
    -Increase stability for heavy legs
    -Canopus firepower increased by about 30%. Weight might have been increased some.
    -Sniper cannon firepower increased by about 10%.
    -Gattling gun firing rate decreased.
    -Omer light-laser back canon firepower increased by 25%.
    -VTF missile ammo cut almost in half. (Medium missiles with good tracking and group fire)
    -Rocket ammo increased.
    -Altair and other similiar laser rifle received minor firepower increase.

Regulation 1.30
    - Main booster ground power and QB increased. OB main power and acceleration power increased. (Acceleration power lasts a short moment after activation. After the the acceleration period is over, power drops to normal power.)
    - PA defense and capacity increased for arms, legs, and a few of the light heads.
    - Back cannons and large arm weapons receive minor increases in power and PA penetration.
    - Small and medium rifles and machine guns receive decreases in PA abatement ability. Sniper rifles get minor increases.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    They're putting a lot of effort into this game keeping it balanced/fun.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ...............................................................................

...you're kidding....

...must....get....to the 360!!!!!!!!! o_O

When'd they release 1.2 anyway?

Spawn733 on
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well if they're putting this kind of effort into keeping the game balanced. Then I'm picking this up :3

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    They put out 1.1 and 1.2 at the same time. Japan already had all three by now. PS3 Jap version already had 1.3 too. American PS3 version is shit out of luck. Ha-ha!

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    does the patch only affect the online game, or will patching smooth things out in single player, too?

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    MalvientMalvient Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    my precious lasers, nooo

ah well, I was getting tired of ye old karasawa-style pewpew that has dominated pretty much every AC game since the rifle was created.

Malvient on
    EVE-Online: Eryx Terayen, Seraphal
    World of Warcraft - Calbert, Azjol-Nerub (PvE)
    syrairc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Dual machinegun death!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Gameplay is a lot more varied now. Ballistic rifles are a definitely a force to be reckoned with. Don't even try to make an ungodly fast mech to take someone like that on, because the firing rate's just too much. Instead, make a heavy AC with plenty of Ballistic Protection and AP (Hopefully a decent amount of PA too. That works very well), and go ahead and load it up with the nastiest, heaviest weapons you can get.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No matter what I do, i dont seem to be getting any better.

I think it has alot to do with not being able to find a decent control scheme.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I made myself a guy called 'special ops' with army camo-paint job (with some american flag decals that I made ;) ) and bazooka arms with a heavy core and Tank treds...let's just say the test AC RAN OUT OF AMMO before he could kill me, and I was standing still.

The guy is CRAZY!!

Spawn733 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    How far've you guys gotten in getting S ranks on Hard missions? I haven't really tried to thus far, but I tried hard on that red-eyes mission and all i can manage is a B--even if I achieve perfection as far as the mission's concerned (none of them get by me)

Spawn733 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Not sure. I think I had like.. 13 or so hard missions to go.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Spawn733 wrote: »
    I made myself a guy called 'special ops' with army camo-paint job (with some american flag decals that I made ;) ) and bazooka arms with a heavy core and Tank treds...let's just say the test AC RAN OUT OF AMMO before he could kill me, and I was standing still.

The guy is CRAZY!!
    Rename it "These Colors Don't Run" and add a crying eagle superimposed over an american flag decal like I did with one of my Chromehounds mechs.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MaterlyMaterly Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So yeah, I downloaded the demo for AC 4 and um, I guess I suck or something because I can't get better than C rank for any missions.

Is the full game more enjoyable than the demo? I hope so, because I don't like the idea that I suck at AC4 when all this time I convinced myself I was at least mediocre D:

Materly on
    When life gives you lemons, you squeeze the lemon juice into your enemies eyes and steal his apples - Runoir

materly.png
  • Options
    Dinosaur_NeilDinosaur_Neil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i gotta say, i really want to be good at this game, but i'm pretty horrible :P, i don't really know how to get better haha, i geuss i just can't make a good mech

Dinosaur_Neil on
  • Options
    MalachMalach Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So I'm renting it...is it just me or is the interface friggin horrible? Am I missing something or do I really need to completely design a mech, and then try to purchase all the missing parts at once when I finish? The last time I played an Armored Core was AC2, which was one of the first games I got on my PS2. And I dug the hell out of it. Sure, it wasn't interface heaven or anything, but I had a feeling of freedom about what I was doing between the Arena, the Garage that let me just browse gear to my hearts content and buy parts on a piece by piece basis, which then let me go and fiddle with all the parts I actually owned, and the email system which made it feel somewhat interactive.
    Now, I haven't gotten any further then the 2nd mission or chapter or whatever, but thus far my feeling after doing a half dozen missions is...why the fuck should I care about any of this shit? The story is non-existent, which is not a surprise, but, well hell, I completed one mission after 15 seconds, it took me that long just to load the damn thing, and then it was over after I unloaded a rifle into 6 Normals.
    In AC2, the Arena is what made it awesome. One on One battles where fine tuning your mech to take on each new type of opponent was great, missions were primarily supplemental, you actually felt like you were in a world, and the fact that I had to switch mechs and designs depending if I was doing a mission or an Arena battle because my heavy dual bazooka armed monstrosity would tear the fuck out of anyone, but had no longevity. And now the interface here and the feeling that I'm basically playing whle wearing a straight jacket I feel so confined is making the prospect of fine tuning mechs seem tedious and pointless.
    I know this is both the Game On thread and a AC4 is fun thread, but jesus christ am I the only one who thinks between AC2 and AC4 the series simply abandoned everything beyond the bare minimums of making customizable robots that fight?
    Since I steal my net access and I'm not inclined to pay for it, I don't have Live, which is sad but the way it is for now till I have more money or my girlfriend moves in and helps pay the bills, so I'm restricted to just the single player. Maybe I'm judging way too early but...does the single player just outright suck ass or am I missing something? I love giant robots with guns. I loved AC2, I spent hours fine tuning a mech in that. I've spent a single hour on this game and I can't get past the feeling that its quite simply fucking horrible. Also, whats the deal with that mission where you cross the bridge to eliminate the laser cannons with huge damage and range? I'm still trying desperately to adjust to the control scheme, but is that mission even possible without a good longe range enabled next or one thats exceptionally fast. I'm using a mid-range mid-weight, can't get myself to care enough to redesign to try to finish it, and I can't come close to beating it. I can get across the river unscathed but once the ground troops show up, between them and the huge laser turrets...

Malach on
    Lynch2028.png
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, you're the only one who thinks that.

One, hit X to buy your items one at a time.

Two, after you reach chapter three you get access to the arena.

Three, yeah it does suck that the missions can be beaten so quickly, but oh well.

Four, am I the only one that actually liked the story? Is it just because I filled in a lot of the blanks in my head and enjoyed that?

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Got the game Friday and it's awesome. So far I beat all the missions on normal and all the simulator mechs. Working on S rating for all missions now.

Anyone else still play online? Would be fun to mix it up with some PA folk.

Materly on
    When life gives you lemons, you squeeze the lemon juice into your enemies eyes and steal his apples - Runoir

materly.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Aaand, 1.40x is out!

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So does anyone play online anymore or not? I tried ranked and player matches to no avail :(

Materly on

materly.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I do. Here and there.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The real question; Xbox or PS3?

Edit: Not which is better, which should I buy in order to play this game, bestest looking bestest online bestest X

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    360 has a more cohesive online deal. Graphics are the same, 360 controller's better suited to the game.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dashui wrote: »
    This is what we said about Chromehounds, and then we abandoned it after like a week. :(

Hey, if It weren't for Piles. I'd probably still be playing Chromehounds

VoodooV on