Options

[Phalla] Time Wars: JUMP 10 - America loses the war (mafia victory)

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Oh look what the cat dragged in!

Anialos!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Kime was evil last game and no one took my word for it.

I'm not making that mistake again.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Peetty sure the red vote is permanent which makes zonugal the perfect target

Only if you want my vote to persist every day.

Which would be towards Phyphor, also known as you.

But I will calm the rage inside my glorious veins as this is day one and like the start of a race there is utter madness at the green light.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Anyways, I'll put a vote done for Zonugal. Thanks to the rules of RNG, he'll eventually draw the mafia role and it might have been this game. :P

You'd think right?!?

But nope!

You have to take into consideration the possibility that nobody running these games wants me to be mafia.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Reverse dunalists now? What has this game come to?!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Hey guys, you know what's awesome?

Dinner.

You know what's not awesome?

Auralynx

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Peetty sure the red vote is permanent which makes zonugal the perfect target

Only if you want my vote to persist every day.

Which would be towards Phyphor, also known as you.

But I will calm the rage inside my glorious veins as this is day one and like the start of a race there is utter madness at the green light.

I am alright with that

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I think this sums up everything about time. Also .. the future of my species!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWN8AhNER0

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Guys, who do I vote for?

I haven't played this in so long.

• Options
    Alright, let me introduce myself to all you folks.
    From a far away land known to the wizards and fey
    I rocked the roll in a kick-ass way!
    Like fire on water and time upon space
    I'll unearth the challenges we may face

Cause the red, white n' blue don't bleed for the east
    We gonna show why we strong, why they are the least
    Of our considerations in this hate-born war!
    Gonan show em' America right down to their core!

We gonna kill all the east
    And guzzle on their blood!
    We could kill all the east
    And make love in the mud!
    Wanna kill all the east
    It only makes sense!
    Need to kill all the east
    So get off your God-damn fence!

AND KILL!!!!!

Like an eagle in the night!
    KILL!!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta scare them with our might!
    KILL!!!!!!!!!!

KILL!!!!!!!!!!
    KILL!!!!!!!!!!
    KILL!!!!!!!!!!

Name's Killian Springsfield, American patriot and national musician. I've made a name for myself in the 24th century by blasting the panties off every girl from Portland to Cincinnati. I'm a lover with a cover who's a bona fide mother fucker. You can take that to the bank. Make it out to cash cause we're gonna party so hard your credit will implode.

But I'm not speaking to you all today about how my next album is literally going to redefine what we constitute to be music or the epidemic of childhood obesity that is ravaging our kids. I'm hear to make a call to arms. To pick up shovel, rake, bat and gun against the foreign hordes who would embark against us! I want to rip out their emperor's spine and use it to fashion my next guitar and then play The Star-Spangled Banner on his mom's grave.

WHO WILL RISE UP!?! WHO HAS A THIRST FOR EASTERN BLOOD!?!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I am thirsty!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to vote for Phyphor.

He has magic and magic could be very useful in solving this game.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    You know, I was just gonna be quiet, but seriously, who gave The Nuge a time machine?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Auralynx knows! Knows too much! We should end him.
    Or maybe add him to the collective?
    No! Let him live! He's done nothing wrong! No one's done anything wrong!
    Ah but they will. That's reason enough to upgrade them. Make them like us. Make them... perfect
    That's not perfection! That's slavery!
    The timelords had slaves, didn't they? The humans had slaves, didn't they?
    Run! I've got control, but not for long. RUN!
    ku-xlarge.jpg

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Romanqwerty

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Giving Ted Nugent a time machine was pretty damn irresponsible, TRV, though I bet Ted "Theodore" Logan (@Cythraul) is pretty happy. If I weren't President Madagascar I'd have re-skinned as Bill S. Preston, Esquire. Quite the missed opportunity.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    Mikey CTS, bad form.

Bullshit. Badform would be saying I RNG'ed the vote or something. Day 1 votes are always bullshit and you know it, CesareB.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    But in this game, your Day 1 vote can echo through time and space, Mikey!

What if your vote is the one that kills America? Could you live with that?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    The Road Virus is making me want to put off work and go watch Dr Who.

• Options
    You're trying to kill me... so you can watch me?
    I'm much more fun when I'm... y'know, alive?
    Just ask the Ponds!

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    What if he likes watching you reform?

• Options
    Well I can't rightly do that if I'm all the way dead, now can I/

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    EPIC SPREADSHEETS OF HHIHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ROUND 1

38thDoe 3
    Auralynx 3
    Phyphor 3
    TheRoadVirus 3
    Cythraul 2
    kime 2
    Zonugal 2
    Anialos 1
    cesareB 1
    enlightenedbum 1
    Langly 1
    Megafrost 1
    Mikey CTS 1
    romanqwerty 1
    Zombie Hero 1

WHO WILL WIN

WHO'S NEXT

YOU DECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Options
    Someone's tied us? Oh dear. That simply won't do at all. Lucky someone is coming to save me!

• Options
    (Hint: It's also me!)

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    WHO WILL RISE UP!?! WHO HAS A THIRST FOR EASTERN BLOOD!?!

:whistle:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Quick reminder for all you cheeky monkeys who like to play chicken with tying the vote
    Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated, as well as the player that instigated the tie, whether that be due to a vote being placed or a vote being removed. If the vote winner is eliminated before the vote is resolved, there will be no "trickle down".

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Still 12 undecideds, so anything could change, even if no one moves their votes.

I kind of expected this given how the time echo works. Anyone trying to destroy America certainly has a vested interest in votes being spread out since that makes it easier to exploit echo votes later.

• Options
    Of course, as TRV pointed out, there's probably vote manip in play, so by trying to break a tie you could be tieing it up in the first place!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Of course, as TRV pointed out, there's probably vote manip in play, so by trying to break a tie you could be tieing it up in the first place!
    I did what? I mean, not yet.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    LOOK AT THIS GUY
    HE THINKS HE'S WITTY
    BUT HE ALREADY VOTED FOR TRV
    AND HE DID IT QUICKLY

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    What happens if there is a tie created entirely by dead people?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    also the echoing vote thing probably puts the squash on mafia voting for other mafia day one.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    What happens if there is a tie created entirely by dead people?

Echoing Votes happen before any non-dead player has the chance to vote. So the only way dead people could be responsible for tying the vote would be if no living players voted during a JUMP. Which would be a very bad thing for the living players to do.

• Options
    6 dead people vote for X, 6 dead people vote for Y, no living player votes for either X or Y and no one else has more than 5 votes, what happens

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    6 dead people vote for X, 6 dead people vote for Y, no living player votes for either X or Y and no one else has more than 5 votes, what happens

Ah, good point.

The player who cast the tying Echoing Vote (most recent vote according to JUMP) would be removed from the Anomaly (permanent death), as would player X and Y.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    But in this game, your Day 1 vote can echo through time and space, Mikey!

What if your vote is the one that kills America? Could you live with that?

I'm okay with it. We had a good run. I'm not okay with all those ties though. Auralynx cause its either a mafia ploy or not really a loss for the village. I'm okay with either of those results.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    We have two claimed neutrals. Going after known neutrals wastes opportunities to go after mafia and so is generally a bad policy unless the neutrals start siding with the mafia, suggesting we should leave Auralynx and INANTP alone. On the other hand mafia know that's the case and might feel it's worth posing as a neutral.

Auralynx revealed first, followed shortly thereafter by INANTP. If we kill Auralynx we learn nothing about INANTP since all of the claims in the latter's post match those in the former's. On the other hand if we vote out INANTP that's strong circumstantial evidence that Auralynx is actually a neutral. In order for Auralynx to be Mafia while INANTP is neutral would require either astoundingly unlikely guessing about the attributes of the neutral group(s) or that they were given information about the neutrals in their role PMs.

It's not impossible that they were but I find it pretty unlikely and I'm confortable making the supposition for the meantime that they weren't. If the game goes along this path and we get close to the end we can decide to take Aura out at that point to be safe, but for the meantime would be better off looking elsewhere.

I suppose they could both be mafia, but the only way that makes sense is if there are two mafia groups that both started out unconnected which would be weird even for an ObiPhalla. Even if that's somehow true we can kill Aura later.

INANTP

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I never claimed neutral.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Or INANTP is just fucking around. I mean, Canada?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.