Options

[Phalla] Time Wars: JUMP 10 - America loses the war (mafia victory)

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @enlightenedbum
    1) Sorry, I got confused. Stupid tiny phone screen!
    2) No offence taken, eh?
    3) Ok, I see where you're coming from. That many factions seems bananas, but Obi does love his spreadsheets, so maybe.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    To me, cutting neutrals with very difficult win cons would be first.

But I tend to overspecial my games, so maybe not.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    To me, cutting neutrals with very difficult win cons would be first.

But I tend to overspecial my games, so maybe not.

Or you could do the sensible thing and note down that I'm suspicious as hell, wait a day or two to see what happens in the narration and if I do anything more-suspicious than immediately reveal, and then put the screws to me. :P

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I can clarify one of them for you: There are definitely more factions in action than just America, the mafia (whoever they are) and Africa, particularly since my particular flavor of African wants to help a different group than the other African who's taken me up on that post does. Fortunately, we both love our mother continent and have agreed to work together for now.

Yeah, I call bullshit. That requires at least four Africans.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Read it again: I've only heard from one. We don't agree on our non-African victory requirements. That's all I've got as yet.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    This is going into highly unlikely territory

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Cythraul

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38th Doe, because it's San Dimas, dude.

I guess that does make more sense. Too much playing Doom I guess.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Read it again: I've only heard from one. We don't agree on our non-African victory requirements. That's all I've got as yet.

All names hypothetical, obviously:

So you're saying you're a South African with no other South Africans in the game who wants to help the Americans win, while there is another Nigerian who wants the Chinese to win without another Nigerian being in the game.

Or something along those lines.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    This is going into highly unlikely territory

Sure is. Almost enough to make a guy reveal on Day 1 in spite of the fact that he knows it's going to make him enormously suspicious in a set-up where he's coming in with multiple grudge votes.

You've got a whole day and then some to pursue people who aren't making a straight-up, in-thread, claim that they're not worth the Day 1.

Last game I claimed neutral while being mafia, and it worked out well for the mafia because people talked to me. So my suggestion, then, is that if you aren't African, treat me as hostile. Tell me as little as seems safe, lie to me, even put your day 1 vote on me so the echos pressure me to be helpful if I want to stay alive... but don't dogpile me, because there really are better targets, and Africa can help you take care of them.

Other Africans, of course, should deny speaking to me and not tell anyone they're African. Just let me know and I'll put you folks in touch and you can see what you can do.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    If the above is the case, won't the mafia just kill you now and the other go on to live that you've become public?

• Options
    I can clarify one of them for you: There are definitely more factions in action than just America, the mafia (whoever they are) and Africa, particularly since my particular flavor of African wants to help a different group than the other African who's taken me up on that post does. Fortunately, we both love our mother continent and have agreed to work together for now.

Yeah, I call bullshit. That requires at least four Africans.
    I'm trying to figure out what Auralynx's angle is here. If he's lying, then he put out a dummy call to a faction that doesn't exist order to ... draw attention to himself? How does this play help him? Idgi

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Village. Idiot. Been a while since we seen one of those. I know when I ran my Cthulhu phalla I applied some post restrictions to prevent jdark from jsut coming out with it.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    I mean, ObiPhalla, so all things are possible.

But I don't think that thing is possible. Also, considering this isn't a faction game and there is a single American village, if someone's victories don't align with that they are a threat. By your story, at least one African seems like they have to align with a non-American triumph. I think at the very least you should make that win condition public if you want to live.

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Village. Idiot. Been a while since we seen one of those. I know when I ran my Cthulhu phalla I applied some post restrictions to prevent jdark from jsut coming out with it.

Is Obi lame enough to include one? I don't think he is. I'd have to go back and see, but I think he may have even agreed with me when I have previously said it's a stupid boring role and no one should include one.

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    If the above is the case, won't the mafia just kill you now and the other go on to live that you've become public?

Sure, if they also want to waste an action on a guy who, though not inherently friendly to them, has enough problems.

Literally the only way my reveal makes sense as an attempt to win is if I'm a Village Idiot, which I'm not.

And no, ebum, we all have perfectly good reasons to want the other Africans alive as long as possible, but they're a loss we can cut. Rather than let us dissolve into infighting I'm putting myself out front to see if I can get us on the same page, because IMO it's the only way we have the faintest chance as a group.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Is Obi lame enough to include one? I don't think he is. I'd have to go back and see, but I think he may have even agreed with me when I have previously said it's a stupid boring role and no one should include one.

I know that obi has absolutely stated that he hates village idiot roles. not that he wouldn't want to maybe change it up in order to make it more palatable, but he specifically said that he didn't like a role where the goal is to get out on day 1 if you can.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I feel like this is an Organization plot to divert us from the true future.

(also after I post I keep clicking back because I forgot I changed my picture so I think someone posted something new.)

Retaba on
  • Options

Maybe this Phalla was written by a past Obi who hadn't come around to that opinion yet, and this is the game that retroactively convinces him.

Oops, hang on, I just got a nosebleed.

Currently Playing:
  • Options

(also after I post I keep clicking back because I forgot I changed my picture so I think someone posted something new.)

Or - just possibly - you guys are gearing up to do what - in my limited experience - the village always does, and punishing people for playing in a way that isn't secretive.

To get metaphorical: I have identified myself as a wolf, but somewhere out there there is a murderer. It makes more sense to leave the wolf alone and worry about the murderer.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Or - just possibly - you guys are gearing up to do what - in my limited experience - the village always does, and punishing people for playing in a way that isn't secretive.

To get metaphorical: I have identified myself as a wolf, but somewhere out there there is a murderer. It makes more sense to leave the wolf alone and worry about the murderer.

What about the murderer disguised as a wolf?

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

I know that obi has absolutely stated that he hates village idiot roles. not that he wouldn't want to maybe change it up in order to make it more palatable, but he specifically said that he didn't like a role where the goal is to get out on day 1 if you can.

Obifett faked us out to surprise us! hahaha Probably not, but maybe! No.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Right but it's day 1. Your not American-so I don't know if I like you as of yet, makes sense right. What are the odds that the day 1 vote kills an American if we don't vote for you, probably high. Only other option is to hope a vig kills you tonight and not vote for you, your story sets of some warnings and there is so little else day 1 to base accusation on.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    JPants wrote: »

What about the murderer disguised as a wolf?

The murderer disguised as a wolf would currently be PMing me to pump me for information about the other Africans so he could frame them on future days.

• Options

A wolf in the hand is worth two murderers in a bush?

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Right but it's day 1. Your not American-so I don't know if I like you as of yet, makes sense right. What are the odds that the day 1 vote kills an American if we don't vote for you, probably high. Only other option is to hope a vig kills you tonight and not vote for you, your story sets of some warnings and there is so little else day 1 to base accusation on.

All I'm saying at the moment is there's a ton of Day 1 left and I'm now a known quantity. You might wait and see what else develops.

• Options

A wolf in the hand is worth two murderers in a bush?

Correct! You call a wolf in the hand a dog, and I've offered my dog-related services to some people I've successfully worked with in the past. I'm happy to offer them to others, in fact, but you can't all have them. I only have one ability, after all.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm going with the neutral who claims at least one member of his faction can side with the mafia (via PM) here.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS, bad form.

• Options

All I'm saying at the moment is there's a ton of Day 1 left and I'm now a known quantity. You might wait and see what else develops.

Of course, it's still day 1 - the Day In Which We're Lucky If Anything Gets Accomplished. Sticking your head out is... risky

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm going with the neutral who claims at least one member of his faction can side with the mafia (via PM) here.

Except that's not what I told you, it's what you're reading into what I did tell you.

Anyway, since I clearly only dig the hole deeper by carrying this on... I've had my say! I'm African. You have quite a while to decide if that's worth killing me over; I'm not only telling you it isn't (E:yet!) but offering to help out if you want proof. I will accept prove-your-case requests from the following people, because they are sensible human beings and often well-informed, so far as I can tell:

INANTP
    Langly
    CesareB
    Phyphor
    jdark
    SeGaTai
    Zombie Hero
    premium
    Flarne

I require no information about any alleigance you may have; you are all enemies of Africa, even if I am a friend to someone.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Man this is a weird start already

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

Except that's not what I told you, it's what you're reading into what I did tell you.

Anyway, since I clearly only dig the hole deeper by carrying this on... I've had my say! I'm African. You have quite a while to decide if that's worth killing me over; I'm not only telling you it isn't (E:yet!) but offering to help out if you want proof. I will accept prove-your-case requests from the following people, because they are sensible human beings and often well-informed, so far as I can tell:

INANTP
    Langly
    CesareB
    Phyphor
    jdark
    SeGaTai
    Zombie Hero
    premium
    Flarne

I require no information about any alleigance you may have; you are all enemies of Africa, even if I am a friend to someone.

Must... resist... flattery.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

Or we could kill you now to prevent it from distracting the village later.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Right but it's day 1. Your not American-so I don't knoIw if I like you as of yet, makes sense right. What are the odds that the day 1 vote kills an American if we don't vote for you, probably high. Only other option is to hope a vig kills you tonight and not vote for you, your story sets of some warnings and there is so little else day 1 to base accusation on.

Of course, it's still day 1 - the Day In Which We're Lucky If Anything Gets Accomplished. Sticking your head out is... risky

For some reason this post just screams mafia to me.

pyphor

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Of course, the easiest way to verify your claims, Auralynx, that there may be multiple nation-factions in the game, is to see what your death says about you. If you are telling the truth, the village adds what you claim to our infobanks. If you are lying, you're either a silly goose villager or a mafia/sk, and we benefit either way. Day 1 rarely gives us such immediate targets.

• Options
    Yes, surely the people invading and conquering the US are not our pivotal enemies!

Best case, aura has a terminal case of the stupid.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I seriously doubt we're dealing with a village idiot.

My concern is if Aura isn't neutral, he might be some sort of god awful bomb (don't know what Obi's thoughts are on these kinds of things) or vote immune to some extent (we've seen this in one Obi game already). So I'm reluctant to explore things with the vote since there are two scenarios where the village gets screwed if he wins the vote.

Anyways, I'll put a vote done for Zonugal. Thanks to the rules of RNG, he'll eventually draw the mafia role and it might have been this game. :P

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    Right but it's day 1. Your not American-so I don't knoIw if I like you as of yet, makes sense right. What are the odds that the day 1 vote kills an American if we don't vote for you, probably high. Only other option is to hope a vig kills you tonight and not vote for you, your story sets of some warnings and there is so little else day 1 to base accusation on.

For some reason this post just screams mafia to me.

pyphor

I propose a rule change! Only votes which properly spell my name count

• Options
    I am willing to change my vote based on

not being a list. Mwahaha.