Shivahn wrote: »
    That kitten is so adorable.

That kitten chose the correct guild

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Oh my God I can't hear anything

Concert or club? :P

Concert, which was essentially a rave. I danced hard for three hours, in addition to running this morning I definitely filled my exercise quota for the day.

Excellent :D Again, do not misinterpret my agrees! But this sounds awesome and I'm assuming 3 hours of dancing means you had a good time!

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I have that awful loneliness where it feels like you've been punched in the gut.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    As I play San Andreas, I like to imagine that the various humiliations CJ endures help broaden his worldview. Like, after being deposited with no weapons or money in the middle of the sticks, he secretly develops an appreciation for country music. Then after going to San Francisco I make sure he sports a pink mohawk, dresses really well, and turns the dial to the techno station.

You play GTA in a weird way.

it fits! the whole game is kind of about learning that the hood life is stupid bullshit.

also I need some kind of plausible reason for why I like dressing in the biker outfit, riding around the mountains and listening to All My Exes Live in Texas

Not gonna lie, I used to play imaginary meta games in GTA all the time. Like I'd sometimes actually just walk around the streets at a normal walking pace just to get a sense for what the city feels like to an AI pedestrian. In IV I would sometimes take full-length cab rides and not skip them, just to look out the windows and watch the city go by.

I do this too!

So did I.

Also I never fast traveled in Skyrim unless I couldn't avoid it.

OH! And the wagons between towns in Red Dead Redemption.

I want to play a survival mod for Skyrim. No fast travel, and you have to eat and sleep regularly in order to survive.

This has to exist already, I should go find it.

You and I have completely different ideas of what constitutes fun in an RPG.

I think needing to eat and sleep in your games is perhaps the worst mechanic ever invented. But this is OK!

We can like different things.

No. You are mistaken.

/tosses winky a sword and shield
    /tosses Spool a trident and net

Begin!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    As I play San Andreas, I like to imagine that the various humiliations CJ endures help broaden his worldview. Like, after being deposited with no weapons or money in the middle of the sticks, he secretly develops an appreciation for country music. Then after going to San Francisco I make sure he sports a pink mohawk, dresses really well, and turns the dial to the techno station.

it fits! the whole game is kind of about learning that the hood life is stupid bullshit.

also I need some kind of plausible reason for why I like dressing in the biker outfit, riding around the mountains and listening to All My Exes Live in Texas

Not gonna lie, I used to play imaginary meta games in GTA all the time. Like I'd sometimes actually just walk around the streets at a normal walking pace just to get a sense for what the city feels like to an AI pedestrian. In IV I would sometimes take full-length cab rides and not skip them, just to look out the windows and watch the city go by.

I do this too!

So did I.

I want to play a survival mod for Skyrim. No fast travel, and you have to eat and sleep regularly in order to survive.

I think needing to eat and sleep in your games is perhaps the worst mechanic ever invented. But this is OK!

I mean, I'm not saying I'd want to play the entire game like that, nor is it how I like all my RPGs. But I think it would be a fun experience and make it more immersive.

Winky on
  • Options
    Blargh.

All of my days have been 7s recently. Yesterday (as of 36 minutes ago) was a 3 at best. Today is maybe a 4 so far, but it's really defeatist to be judging it so soon!

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Oh my god my underwear is soaked.

(With buttsweat, not lady juice).

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    In fact, all this talking about GTA4 is making me wanna go back through the single-player with this trainer I found that lets you spawn up to 7 bodyguards that follow you around (including nabbing nearby cars to follow you if you get into a vehicle!) and protect you. It also does all kinds of other fun stuff, like spawn dozens of hostile pedestrians with M16s for street warfare type scenarios.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Deebaser wrote: »
    RdR needed dlc that wasn't multiplayer or zombies

Dude, I loved the multi. I actually played some multiplayer poker for a while.

I played so much multi it was incredible.

I would have payed cash monies to do two player coop Undead Nightmare though.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Boss 2 down. It was a little harder to get this boss out of his area, but I still managed. Hopefully there aren't a bunch of slopes by the next boss.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »
    I have that awful loneliness where it feels like you've been punched in the gut.

: (

Hug a kitty?

• Options
    Oh my god my underwear is soaked.

(With buttsweat, not lady juice).

There's no reaction button for this sort of revelation.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I must have been doing it wrong. Hopefully they make another western soon or GtA has the ill multiplayer

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    This is three times now that iTunes has crashed uploading my Match tracks. :\

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I really want to play a game that is all about surviving and exploring a living, breathing, hostile world.

Like, basically a game where you land on a new continent with some meager supplies and the entire game is just exploring the continent learning its past, exploiting is resources, surviving its hardships.

But this has to be CORE to the game. It has to be the meat and potatoes of the game. If its just tacked on to some other game I have no interest at all.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Oh man!

http://contraptionmaker.com/

Spiritual successor to The Incredible Machine!

工事中
  • Options
    DGR drafts seem pretty cool so far.

I drafted a Dimir-Simic-Golgari deck with some black rakdos unleashers and two copies of the enchantment that lets you draw a card every time your creatures with +1/+1 counters do combat damage to players. At one point I had two copies on the board and a Simic Fluxmage who was handing out +1/+1 counters like cheap cigars. Many cards to be drawn.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Fast travel or I feed.
    And by "feed" I mean "I throw your fucking game away"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I really want to play a game that is all about surviving and exploring a living, breathing, hostile world.

Like, basically a game where you land on a new continent with some meager supplies and the entire game is just exploring the continent learning its past, exploiting is resources, surviving its hardships.

But this has to be CORE to the game. It has to be the meat and potatoes of the game. If its just tacked on to some other game I have no interest at all.

Don't Starve?

• Options

Survival games are a thing! I haven't played a good one in a long time, though. I ought to look around and see what's out.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

Little do you know that it's actually Simic and will grow up to be a crabkittensharkfrog insect wizard

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

Little do you know that it's actually Simic and will grow up to be a crabkittensharkfrog insect wizard

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

also acceptable

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular

Miasmata

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options

Hug a kitty?

I think I need to hug a human but there aren't any available that I'd want to.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    i googled kittenwizard and got this

you are welcome feral

900x900px-LL-5cc8ee04_KittenWizardAvatar.png

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Girl + Magic: the Gathering t-shirt + kitten
    935572_10201057318612142_941912981_n.jpg

you panderer!

• Options

Don't Starve?

Basically Don't Starve but a $60 triple A quality title, instead of a light indie game, is what I want.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I do this too!

So did I.

No. You are mistaken.

/tosses winky a sword and shield
    /tosses Spool a trident and net

Begin!

Man, trident is OP.

• Options
    I almost said hug a person but kitties are people too.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

I must have been doing it wrong. Hopefully they make another western soon or GtA has the ill multiplayer

If they made another maybe they'd call it Red Dead Rebellion.

Might be worth looking into.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    @jacobkosh are you playing neverwinter? i know you like the d&d properties, but i'm not sure if mmos are your scene

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

Hug a kitty?

I think I need to hug a human but there aren't any available that I'd want to.

That's too bad. I'd totally hug you but for the distance ><

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I loved survival mode in New Vegas and hope any future Fallout games integrate it. It added so much to the feel of the game when you were scrounging for, not just bullets or l33t OP guns, but tins of food and canteens of water.

In a game set in a normal world, I'm fine with handwaving some of that stuff away, but in a game about survival I thought it helped sell the world immeasurably.

• Options
    I almost said hug a person but kitties are people too.

They are like people if you made people cuter and less judgmental and a little bit psychotic.

• Options

Miasmata

Sounds like it hits some of the notes I am looking for, especially the cartography system.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Um

There were co-op undead nightmare rounds. I played the shit out of them.

• Options
    Er, like humans.

They are people as you said.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Hahahaha. You know how after the last election, the Republican party has recently made some half hearted attempts to woo the Hispanic vote so that the party doesn't become completely irrelevant by 2016?

Their Florida State Director of Hispanic Outreach just decided to become a Democrat, because the GOP is too intolerant.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Blargh.

All of my days have been 7s recently. Yesterday (as of 36 minutes ago) was a 3 at best. Today is maybe a 4 so far, but it's really defeatist to be judging it so soon!

hey I thought someone was taking a forum break!

This discussion has been closed.