As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Delta Green PBP] - It's like X-Files and Call of Cthulhu had a baby! CLOSED

2»

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Carrie Ó Murchú, rookie cop [WIP]
    Female, 21

Stats
    Primary
    STR 10
    CON 12
    DEX 14
    SIZ 11
    INT 15
    POW 14
    APP 12
    EDU 9

Secondary
    Idea 75
    Knowledge 45
    Luck 70
    Damage Bonus 0
    Magic Points 14

Hit Points 12
    Sanity 68

Occupation Skills (EDU * 15 = 135)
    Dodge 40%
    Drive Auto 40%
    First Aid 40% (marked for improvement)
    Law 20%
    Listen 40% (marked for improvement)
    Martial Arts 29%
    Spot Hidden 40%
    Handgun 40%

Hobby Skills (INT * 10 = 150)
    Bargain 50%
    Climb 50%
    Jump 50%
    Persuade 50%
    Swim 50%

Other Skills
    Cthulhu Mythos 5%

math sheet

Background
    Growing up, everybody thought Carrie was going to make something out of herself. She had a good head on her shoulders, and the right can-do attitude. She went through a dark patch as a kid, the same rough spot that all teens go through. But Carrie never really got over it. She lost her direction, and stopped applying herself at school. She only got into college because of her parent's legacy, and she dropped out before graduating.

Carrie spent the last of her college money - and her parent's goodwill - on a cross-country road trip. When the funds dried up, she returned home and shocked everyone by applying to be a police officer. Even more surprising was that she was good at it. Not great by any stretch, but she seems to have recaptured some of that can-do spirit.

It's still her first year, so she's still on probation. But she's getting down the basics, and Carrie thinks that this just might be something to give her that meaning and purpose she lost all those years ago.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I honestly know nothing about New York, so feel free to put Adam at any metropolitan network affiliate station.

Also: Are you a scientist of some sort, or is the SCIENCE a reference to something else?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I am indeed a scientist, I am a microbiologist in fact so if @Void_Slayer ever needs help with his character working for the CDC I would actually be a good person to ask about that (I am familiar with how the CDC operates quite... considerably). And you can actually anticipate that my real job will actually be coming into this game quite a bit actually. *OMINOUS SOUNDS*

I actually know a little bit about New York having run a previous game there and one of the best Call of Cthulhu modules is actually set in New York, so I have a deep fondness for the city (I am planning to have my eventual honeymoon/overseas holiday there once I have enough money).

@jdarksun Not in general, your hobby skills are what you do in your spare time outside of your job generally. However, if you want to make an argument that you're such an incredible workaholic that you don't really have much in the way of hobbies, IE your job IS your hobby, then I could totally buy that if you really want to put some of your hobbies points into your occupational skills.

Edit: Also if anyone is wondering what precisely the delay is, there is a bit more set up to this game than I would normally have. For one, I abandoned the pregen idea (which for a PBP was unworkable) so I am rewriting the first investigation "The Apartment" to compensate. Secondly, I have become very keen on the idea of having you guys being able to interact with my IRL Delta Green game, so I am currently working on a conspiracy "blog site" that functions as a between game aid (and also is canon internet with clues to investigations/upcoming investigations and such). In between that is the SCIENCE report of ultimate doom. DOOOOM. Unfortunately that last one takes precedence for now, because I kind of like my job :P

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    So...is this still a thing?

• Options
    Yep, I am going to be closing recruiting now.

Unfortunately, the giant science report of DOOOM is taking much of my free time right now.

• Options
    Okay, game is officially closed to new characters and I shall announce who got in shortly. Sorry for the delays, SCIENCE is proving a harsh mistress right now!

• Options
    Completely understandable.

• Options
    I have a bit of a bad rep when it comes to starting PBPs, so I wanted you to know it was just real life getting in the way and not anything else!!

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I've had some technical difficulty the last week or so. That's cleared up now. My apologies.

• Options
    Is SCIENCE still dominating?

• Options
    Yeah, but enough pressure is off and now I have some time ;)

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Just need some information and then we can... BEGIN!.

Congrats to jdarksun, Farangu, Nealneal and Void Slayer and thank you to everyone else who expressed interest directly or by PM.

Aegeri on