As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Information & FAQ. READ THIS FIRST THEN ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

1235732

Posts

  • ShrefShref Registered User regular
    dell44223 wrote: »
    Just worried I won't get a Three Day :(

    you can still buy them individually. its a little more, but you still get the awesomeness!

    Le_Goat
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    With the will call route is there a way to confirm that the passes will be there when we check in - so we do not travel a couple thousand miles only to find our reservation has been somehow misplaced and we are not denied entry? I say this because on a recent trip to California the hotel "misplaced" my brother's reservation and while they accommodated them (luckily there was availability) I am not sure how it would work on the ticket side.
    You will get confirmation emails and you should end up with an account with the ticket seller (showclix for the last two paxes) that you can check as well. If you're ultra paranoid about it, just bring printed out copies of all the information, including confirmations, receipt of payment, etc.... but honestly you shouldn't need that much. Confirmation and a photo ID should suffice.

  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    With the will call route is there a way to confirm that the passes will be there when we check in - so we do not travel a couple thousand miles only to find our reservation has been somehow misplaced and we are not denied entry? I say this because on a recent trip to California the hotel "misplaced" my brother's reservation and while they accommodated them (luckily there was availability) I am not sure how it would work on the ticket side.

    When you purchases tickets, you'll have a e-receipt that shows proof of purchase. I recommend making sure you bring that with you. With that in hand, you shouldn't have any issue at all getting your badges.

    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • shepdshepd Registered User regular
    I would recommend avoiding will-call. Coming from Ontario meant it was closed by the time we got there the night before. Trying to do will call on the opening day is a big hassle you don't want to deal with when you're trying to maximize your time at PAX. The $15 is well worth it.

    Also, I hope the passes don't get limited to just 2 per household. That will stop families trying to visit. I know in a year or two I plan to bring my little girl and a year or two after that I'll need to buy her a pass. That would make 3, and most people who have children have 2, so that's 4. Presently I buy 5, one for me, the wife, and three friends who always visit PAX, but if it were lowered, at least they have separate addresses and thus could buy their own.

  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    shepd wrote: »
    I would recommend avoiding will-call. Coming from Ontario meant it was closed by the time we got there the night before. Trying to do will call on the opening day is a big hassle you don't want to deal with when you're trying to maximize your time at PAX. The $15 is well worth it.

    Also, I hope the passes don't get limited to just 2 per household. That will stop families trying to visit. I know in a year or two I plan to bring my little girl and a year or two after that I'll need to buy her a pass. That would make 3, and most people who have children have 2, so that's 4. Presently I buy 5, one for me, the wife, and three friends who always visit PAX, but if it were lowered, at least they have separate addresses and thus could buy their own.

    The limit at PAX Prime was for 4 person's worth of tickets per address.

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    The limit at PAX Prime was for 4 person's worth of tickets per address.
    I know i've already asked this, but I am seriously worried about this. I want to get 2 days each for 3 people (2 friends, me) that would be 6, if I get it shipped to my friends houses, i don't know, what if it doesn't ship? Please tell me the limit, so I can just relax, and be super excited for my first PAX.

    it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The limit at PAX Prime was for 4 person's worth of tickets per address.
    I know i've already asked this, but I am seriously worried about this. I want to get 2 days each for 3 people (2 friends, me) that would be 6, if I get it shipped to my friends houses, i don't know, what if it doesn't ship? Please tell me the limit, so I can just relax, and be super excited for my first PAX.

    That's still 3 people's worth of badges, you're fine.

    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nobody here speaks for pax. We can tell you what the policy for PAX Prime was this year, as has been said a few times. Sorry, but we can't get any more specific than that because we don't know the answer.

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    So have people had issues getting there badges before through the mail. I would rather have it before hand but if this is a issue a lot of people have had may have to go the will call route. Do you get tracking confermation and stuff like that when you buy the pass. How soon after buying the pass do you get them.

  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Vapok wrote: »
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    With the will call route is there a way to confirm that the passes will be there when we check in - so we do not travel a couple thousand miles only to find our reservation has been somehow misplaced and we are not denied entry? I say this because on a recent trip to California the hotel "misplaced" my brother's reservation and while they accommodated them (luckily there was availability) I am not sure how it would work on the ticket side.

    When you purchases tickets, you'll have a e-receipt that shows proof of purchase. I recommend making sure you bring that with you. With that in hand, you shouldn't have any issue at all getting your badges.

    Ras, see above. I believe this answers your question.

    aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    So have people had issues getting there badges before through the mail. I would rather have it before hand but if this is a issue a lot of people have had may have to go the will call route. Do you get tracking confermation and stuff like that when you buy the pass. How soon after buying the pass do you get them.

    Yes, people have had issues with passes getting mailed (just check out the registration page from last Prime). Tracking confirmation is only if you select Fedex for shipping. Passes generally start getting mailed out 2-3 weeks before the show.

    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • GarrettJMorganGarrettJMorgan Registered User new member
    Have tickets gone on sale yet? I've never attended one and thought 2014 would be the year for it, so decided to make it my first vacation out of my state to something I'd enjoy.XD

  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Not on yet. No announcement. Follow @official_pax on twitter for news.

    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    is this like a rare thing not getting your passes delivered in time or is it a common thing.

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    Just checked on google and could not find much could you maybe link me some things you were talking about people not getting there badges. Also if I decided to do will call is there a time frame of when they are open for me to be able to get my badges. Are they open on thursday. I would rather have my badges before the conference started that way come friday I can just get in line and not have to worry about getting my badge.

  • shepdshepd Registered User regular
    Passes were shipped last year 1 to 2 weeks before the event. For me they arrived 6 days before (IIRC). It's a bit nailbiting, but it's done to prevent counterfeiting, since the passes are neither serialized nor personalized counterfeiting is as easy as making an identical looking badge (although it is complicated by security features which you'd know of if you went to the last two PAX events). :)

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    why do they send them out so late now few years ago i was planning on going and got mine in what seemed to be a month or 2 before the event def was not 2 weeks before cause I had time to ship it out to the person who bought it for me when I could not go

  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Eh, I don't know about a 2 months before. I remember every Pax East year getting them anywhere from 2-3 weeks before. But you have to account for where you live also. Where do the tickets ship from anyway? I've never really notice the return address on the envelope (It's always kind of a completely shred the envelope to get to the contents kind of thing :)

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    maybe it was a month before but seemed like pretty early

  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Eh, I don't know about a 2 months before. I remember every Pax East year getting them anywhere from 2-3 weeks before. But you have to account for where you live also. Where do the tickets ship from anyway? I've never really notice the return address on the envelope (It's always kind of a completely shred the envelope to get to the contents kind of thing :)

    Connecticut I believe.


  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2013
    It's never been more than a few weeks ahead of time. Last year they started shipping them around 4 weeks prior to the event, but they go out in waves, so yours may not always be in the first wave.

    zerzhul on
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    why do they send them out so late now few years ago i was planning on going and got mine in what seemed to be a month or 2 before the event def was not 2 weeks before cause I had time to ship it out to the person who bought it for me when I could not go

    And that's why. Shipping badges closer to the show helps minimize scalping and counterfeiting.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also, there is information printed on the back of the badges that is not set in stone until pretty late in the game. In fact the pax prime badges this year went out with information that ended up being outdated by the time the show was held.

  • GnomeMGGnomeMG Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Hello guys, I live in canada and I want to organize a trip with my 3 friends.

    If we want to be more than 4, how does it works ?

    Example, we are 8, how it works for the tickets or hotels ?

    GnomeMG on
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I believe that four is the maximum number of passes that can be purchased by one person/address. If you have a larger party you probably want to organize with your friends to make sure that your group secures it's passes.

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    I live in maine which is really close to conn so I prob got mine pretty early on.

  • letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    GnomeMG wrote: »
    Hello guys, I live in canada and I want to organize a trip with my 3 friends.

    If we want to be more than 4, how does it works ?

    Example, we are 8, how it works for the tickets or hotels ?
    I had this problem too. But it was solved. It may be more passes, but u r still at the 4 limit exactly. As for hotels, there isnt a limit.

    it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • GnomeMGGnomeMG Registered User regular
    Same example as 8 friends,

    If we have our own Three day passes, its gonna be alright ?

  • letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    GnomeMG wrote: »
    Same example as 8 friends,

    If we have our own Three day passes, its gonna be alright ?
    Well, its an example but, 8 though, no. 4 person limit. So if u bought 4 3 day passes, it would work.

    it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • GnomeMGGnomeMG Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    And if everyone buy his proper passes ?

    We all have different adress.

    GnomeMG on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Everyone can buy their own passes.

  • GnomeMGGnomeMG Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Everyone can buy their own passes.

    And we ( 8 friends ) will be ok ?

  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    GnomeMG wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Everyone can buy their own passes.

    And we ( 8 friends ) will be ok ?
    I'm not sure I understand the question, however...
    If each of you buys a single pass, that is only one pass per transaction and that pass will get sent to that person's address.

    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    GnomeMG wrote: »
    And if everyone buy his proper passes ?

    We all have different adress.
    That would def work. Because it is 4 passes per address.
    Happy paxing! In 8 months... :/

    it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • GnomeMGGnomeMG Registered User regular
    Thanks Everyone <3

  • letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    GnomeMG wrote: »
    Thanks Everyone <3
    No prob bob!

    it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    what is this on peak thing I see people talking about
    Basically its event kayak. Here, pax books the hotels and put them onpeak (budumtshhh) for a reduced price and also includes shuttle fees. Most people either book thru onpeak or pax hotel site.

    it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    OnPeak *is* the pax hotel site. They are one and the same. It is a third party company that has contracts with the pax hotels to block out most of the rooms for pax attendees.

    You'll be able to find it at http://east.paxsite.com/hotels-and-travel once the pax east 2014 stuff is released.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh, and I think we've covered the "can I buy badges" issues for now. Anything that isn't in the first 5 pages of this thread will not be able to be answered until registration is live, since we've given all the information we have at this point.

    VapokaBByNormaLWackBag
  • shepdshepd Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Be aware that if you all buy your own passes and you all want them shipped (recommended!) then you will be increasing the cost by $15 (per last years fees) per pass. Shipping was $15 no matter how many passes you bought (technically, if you got the maximum of 5 last year and also bought 5 BYOCs, you'd get 10 badges shipped to you for $15).

    If you have a group of 8, as long as two of you have different addresses, I recommend that two of you buy 4 passes. That will save your group $90 in shipping fees. If all 8 of you live together, I suggest you contact PAX support now and figure out something with them, because you will probably raise some suspicion with 8 passes going to the same address.

    One bonus item of advice: If you are going to 'group buy' the passes and distribute them to your group, DO NOT USE WILL CALL. If you use will call and the purchaser of the passes cannot attend, YOU CANNOT PICK UP YOUR PASSES. The only way around this will be to talk with the PAX organizers and beg them to let you.

    shepd on
Sign In or Register to comment.