As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Information & FAQ. READ THIS FIRST THEN ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

145791032

Posts

  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    do the bruins play in april i dont follow hockey i was thinking about maybe trying to see a show at the house of blues or something like that if a good one is going on there.

    They do! There's a home game on Saturday afternoon, if you need a break from PAX. Get tickets sooner than later for that if that's your thing.

  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    To answer (understanding we are straying off subject here) Yes it is prior to end of regular season. There is a game in their schedule at home that weekend, there is also a Celtics game on.

    aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    i would prob be more interested in the celtics i was hoping there was gonna be a red sox game but they were out of town in new york. The celtics game would be friday night maybe catch that game and then hit up a concert depending on what the schedule for panels are. What time do the panels and stuff like that genereally end. the bruins play the sabers saturday afternoon but that is right in the middle of the day so prob would pass on that one.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    They have a home game on April 12th, during PAX.

  • DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    There is more than enough at PAX and closely related to PAX to more than fill one's schedule, and to the extent that you have the energy and opportunity to do so, I would encourage trying to take advantage of all the fun the weekend brings. Of my top three highlights from 2013, only one was an official part of PAX and that was the Saturday night concerts. (After reading about PAX and watching highlight videos for years, seeing Frontalot/Coulton on stage was kind of a "I'm really at PAX" moment for me.)

    The other two highlights were the Pre-PAX gaming at the Westin on Thursday night and the Turbine party on Friday. There'll be a lot to do and seeing it all will be impossible, but as long as you pick what interests you, it should work well.

    The only thing I had thought I would try to do a little more of while in Boston was to go sightseeing. I quickly found PAX overwhelming enough in itself that I didn't worry so much about being a Boston tourist. I'd love to see more of the city, don't get me wrong, but PAX only lasts so long. Now that I've been once, I might be able to plan better though, and of course others may have a greater interest in seeing more of the city and will make it more of a priority. I know there's a pre-PAX tour of Boston that I think might have been on both Wednesday and Thursday last year. I wasn't able to arrive that early but if one could, it seems like an admirable way to do a little of everything.

    "I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

    Steam: delaney_a

  • PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa Squishy NYCRegistered User regular
    This will be my first PAX traveling from NYC, and I'd like to go by train and take part in the group gaming travels. My question is will there be a general PAX train thread at some point?

    pPEuM8J.png
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Look for the Sonic Line thread for the train that passes through NYC.

  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Some parties are all ages. ESO was last years big all ages party and as previously stated, in my opinion the best themed party ever at a PAX. Most parties are themed "Here's a drink, here's some swag, here's a developer with no input on game design to listen to you complain, go over to that corner and try to make conversation over cheese stick and wings." In most case the Parties are little more then walking into a bar of complete strangers and hoping you find someone worth talking to. You have to do your research to find the good ones.

    Unless the game interests really interests you, the most parties will be a disappointment. Again the exception for me was ESO last year.



  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    when they list the parties does it discribe what the party is about

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    rascrush wrote: »
    when they list the parties does it discribe what the party is about
    Usually in the party thread there will be a link to a party description. These are not services provided by pax, but are a collection listed by the community here.

    I think if people want to continue to discuss parties, it would be best if someone made a thread specifically for that. This is becoming more of simple Q&A and derailing this into party discussion.

  • BoulderBoulder Registered User new member
    Hello,
    Sorry if this has already been said, but I didn't see it.
    About what is the price of a booth? Like, if I have a game. Table top, to be specific.

  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    You'll want to email [email protected] with exhibitor registration questions.

    whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    Do we have any info on badge prices and the maximum number you can buy in 1 transaction?

  • PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Are there any League of Legends related events at PAX East? I just started playing the game and caught the bug. I love that the regionals are at Prime, so was wondering if Riot does anything at East?

  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Ricin wrote: »
    Do we have any info on badge prices and the maximum number you can buy in 1 transaction?

    The commonly toted limited is anything over buying 4 sets of badges for the full weekend (i.e. 4 3-days or 4 sets of Fri/Sat/Sun) could get your transaction flagged.
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    Are there any League of Legends related events at PAX East? I just started playing the game and caught the bug. I love that the regionals are at Prime, so was wondering if Riot does anything at East?

    Riot has generally been at East, but I don't think they've done anything big like they have for the past couple of Primes.

    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Riot had a sizeable booth near the escalators in the expo hall last year, but where I don't pay attention to LoL, i can't speak for any specific events...but they will be there and they did do stuff. I can't see them changing that this year.

    Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Ricin wrote: »
    Do we have any info on badge prices and the maximum number you can buy in 1 transaction?

    The commonly toted limited is anything over buying 4 sets of badges for the full weekend (i.e. 4 3-days or 4 sets of Fri/Sat/Sun) could get your transaction flagged.

    Flagged meaning "reviewed" or flagged meaning "denied". I have bought multiple passes for my group in the past and I would like to just do it all in 1 transaction. I will need 7 or 8 passes for my group. I can provide names of everyone I am buying for.

    Can anyone clear this up for me?

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ricin wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Ricin wrote: »
    Do we have any info on badge prices and the maximum number you can buy in 1 transaction?

    The commonly toted limited is anything over buying 4 sets of badges for the full weekend (i.e. 4 3-days or 4 sets of Fri/Sat/Sun) could get your transaction flagged.

    Flagged meaning "reviewed" or flagged meaning "denied". I have bought multiple passes for my group in the past and I would like to just do it all in 1 transaction. I will need 7 or 8 passes for my group. I can provide names of everyone I am buying for.

    Can anyone clear this up for me?
    We cannot provide that information as no non-pax staff folks have that information for certain. I believe that the plan is to not allow purchases of more than the limit that whypick states in a single transaction. If one attempts multiple transactions to get around this, one's account will likely be flagged and potentially have its orders canceled.

  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Ricin wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Ricin wrote: »
    Do we have any info on badge prices and the maximum number you can buy in 1 transaction?

    The commonly toted limited is anything over buying 4 sets of badges for the full weekend (i.e. 4 3-days or 4 sets of Fri/Sat/Sun) could get your transaction flagged.

    Flagged meaning "reviewed" or flagged meaning "denied". I have bought multiple passes for my group in the past and I would like to just do it all in 1 transaction. I will need 7 or 8 passes for my group. I can provide names of everyone I am buying for.

    Can anyone clear this up for me?
    We cannot provide that information as no non-pax staff folks have that information for certain. I believe that the plan is to not allow purchases of more than the limit that whypick states in a single transaction. If one attempts multiple transactions to get around this, one's account will likely be flagged and potentially have its orders canceled.

    Ok, so I can only purchase the (4) 3-day passes in a single transaction and if I enter the queue again to buy the other (4) I need all of my passes will be canceled. While I think the system is silly I will see if any of my friends can be online at a moments notice.

    Thank you for the information.

    Ricin

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not guaranteeing that's the way it will work; that is the way I would expect it to work. When they say a limit per household, that is the limit per household. I'm not sure what that limit will be, but it will likely be the limit that whypick1 described.

    Best, as you say, to find a method that works within that system.

  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I'm not guaranteeing that's the way it will work; that is the way I would expect it to work. When they say a limit per household, that is the limit per household. I'm not sure what that limit will be, but it will likely be the limit that whypick1 described.

    Best, as you say, to find a method that works within that system.

    Thank you for your help Zerzhul. I would also assume that they would be tracking payment information so that I could not pay for everyone's passes but have them shipped to multiple addresses. I wish I did not need to inconvenience my friends but if there is no other way then there is no other way.

    As the old saying goes, "Que sera, sera". All that I have left to do is be prepared and trust in luck and good fortune for my group's sake.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, they did track that information for PAX Prime when flagging orders.

  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yeah, they did track that information for PAX Prime when flagging orders.

    I am glad that with your help I am getting this information ahead of the registration event. I have a feeling that some may have their purchases invalidated for not having a full and clear understanding of the policy ahead of time.

  • EagleAlphaXEagleAlphaX New JerseyRegistered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    Are there any League of Legends related events at PAX East? I just started playing the game and caught the bug. I love that the regionals are at Prime, so was wondering if Riot does anything at East?

    Riot was definitely on of the more impressive booths at PAX East last year. They always had stuff going on. Between college tournaments, pro games, cosplay competitions, and other stuff, they always had stuff going on. They were also giving out tons of swag, like lanyards and skin codes (expect Riot Blitzcrank this year).

    As far as events outside of the convention itself, I know there's a LoL bar crawl. I don't know whether or not it is run by Riot or the community. We've seen signs for it last year and it looks like the bars you go to are based on a lane (top, bot, mid). I don't know anything else about it. I would check the forums over at the League of Legends website.

    wjxmaepqs9k1.png
  • FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    How many BYOC seats will be available this year?

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    FireWater wrote: »
    How many BYOC seats will be available this year?
    I assume that they don't have that info ready quite yet, but I'll tag @Vapok here and see if he has any knowledge of it :)

  • FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity how many seats were there for the byoc last year and did it sell out?

  • MalfeisMalfeis Protagonist. 2d10 hit die. Chaotic Neutral. Registered User regular
    FireWater wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity how many seats were there for the byoc last year and did it sell out?

    Here's the info thread from last year. Vapok will probably be able to provide numbers for next year, but it's way, WAY too early to have those set in stone.

    PAX East 2015 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X] BYOC [X]
  • RoManXJ9RoManXJ9 Registered User new member
    Hello, I work for a board game company and we'd really like to attend the show as a vendor. I haven't been able to find any info about how to do that. Who should I be contacting?
    Thanks!

    I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot!
    - RoManXJ-9; Robot Monster, 1953
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    You'll want to email [email protected] with exhibitor registration questions.

    Vendor would also fit under that bucket.

    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • BenBishop61BenBishop61 Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    whypick1 wrote: »
    The commonly toted limited is anything over buying 4 sets of badges for the full weekend (i.e. 4 3-days or 4 sets of Fri/Sat/Sun) could get your transaction flagged.
    The drop-down for purchasing 3-day passes for 2013 maxed out at 5; the order is/was also bound to the email address you used. I had to buy six (two adults, three children and a niece) and had to set the 6th ticket up using my wife's email. There were no issues with doing it, just a hassle (and with how quickly the passes seem to be selling out, the added time is a concern). Fortunately the niece is not attending this year so I should be able to do it in one transaction.

    BenBishop61 on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The ticketing system changed for Prime 13. I'm pretty sure 4 was the max that it would let you buy of any badge type.

    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    whypick1 wrote: »
    The commonly toted limited is anything over buying 4 sets of badges for the full weekend (i.e. 4 3-days or 4 sets of Fri/Sat/Sun) could get your transaction flagged.
    The drop-down for purchasing 3-day passes for 2013 maxed out at 5; the order is/was also bound to the email address you used. I had to buy six (two adults, three children and a niece) and had to set the 6th ticket up using my wife's email. There were no issues with doing it, just a hassle (and with how quickly the passes seem to be selling out, the added time is a concern). Fortunately the niece is not attending this year so I should be able to do it in one transaction.

    For PAX Prime this year the limit was 4, and they flagged transactions using the same credit card, or the same address, to get around the limit. Not all flagged transactions were canceled outright. I would be surprised if the system for this East is less restrictive.

  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    I think 4 is too low but I am in a minority position. I have my friends on alert to get as many passes as they can when registration opens, just in case PAX East sells out fast.

  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Even with a limit of four, it will probably sell out in less than a day. Still, the primary reason for this limit is because scalping is absolutely out of control.

  • RoManXJ9RoManXJ9 Registered User new member
    whypick1 wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »
    You'll want to email [email protected] with exhibitor registration questions.

    Vendor would also fit under that bucket.

    Thanks!

    I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot!
    - RoManXJ-9; Robot Monster, 1953
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    FireWater wrote: »
    How many BYOC seats will be available this year?
    I assume that they don't have that info ready quite yet, but I'll tag @Vapok here and see if he has any knowledge of it :)

    @FireWater: Last year we had roughly 300 seats maybe a little bit more. I expect that we will have roughly the same number of seats, and I don't expect the layout too be too much differently. That said, I can't confirm anything, but I would be surprised if the number was drastically different from last year.

    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • BenBishop61BenBishop61 Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »
    @FireWater: Last year we had roughly 300 seats maybe a little bit more. I expect that we will have roughly the same number of seats, and I don't expect the layout too be too much differently. That said, I can't confirm anything, but I would be surprised if the number was drastically different from last year.
    I seem to recall the 2013 BYOC was plagued with trouble at the start (network issues? I don't recall). Any info on what happened then and what can be done to safeguard against it for the next show?

  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    You might be thinking of 2012. There were lots of network issues there, but 2013 was smooth sailing as far as I remember.

    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • BenBishop61BenBishop61 Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    You might be thinking of 2012. There were lots of network issues there, but 2013 was smooth sailing as far as I remember.
    Maybe it was PC Freeplay? I just remember that Friday hearing that there was trouble with the LAN at one of the PC areas (BYOC or Freeplay)

Sign In or Register to comment.