As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Status effects are officially a thing, guys. I was 'confused' last night and my action was performed on a different target than my orders reflected. I don't think I'm allowed to know who or what I actually targeted, though I'm waiting on a clarification for that.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Whoever killed manotaur just doesn't like fun.

Was it you, Assuran? Afraid someone was edging in on your schtick, maybe? Or did you covet his lady friend?

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus

I have messaged you twice and the world will have none of it. The Gods (hosts) themselves mock me and I refuse to dance for their further entertainment! I don't have anything important to say (or do I? (I don't)) but I will not suffer failure any longer!

Message me so that we can aimlessly pass pleasantries and then fruitlessly banter!

Thank you and good 'morrow!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hey, houses.

Whitney style my gold gets no bandages. None. I was gonna use that. But no. Since greedy grunt little bigger hag to take off with it.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Ahoy adventurers! I notice you're having a bit of trouble with that damnable Green (Purple?) Ooze. Well, I've got just the supplies to put that ooze back where it belongs... here at Cesare's Choice Chest!

We've just got a new shipment of weapons in, and boy do they look sharp! That's two, count 'em, two +2 Weapons!

If you thought that was impressive, but perhaps just a tad on the aggressive side, then you're in luck! How about some +2 Armor to cover your hide! Buy one for yourself, and one for your buddy/lover/manservant! Cesare doesn't judge!

More of the magical type? Well then count yourself lucky, because the Mana Potions just keep rolling in. Another 2 hit the market tonight! Get them while they're blue!

And finally, in what speculators are calling the greatest invention of whatever century we're living in, from the geniuses who gave you the Potion of Haste, comes the Potion of Growth! Let's be honest with ourselves, fellow adventurers. At a certain point in our lives, we've all felt... well... undersized. And let's not fool ourselves, when it comes to tackling a mysterious, ooze-filled cave, size matters. Only now, with the Potion of Growth, you no longer have to worry, "Am I big enough?" Increases size, durability, and confidence in one small bottle. Call now, supplies are limited!*
    Side effects include glandular swelling, redness of eye, redness of everywhere, heartburn, itching sensations, burning sensations, actual burning (both internal and external), pyromania, pyrokinesis, and upset stomach. If you have an enlargement lasting more than 1 adventure or through an extended rest, please seek immediate medical attention.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOooooOOOOO

All according to plan

OOOOOooooOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    No!!! I swear I'll get you a Scroll of Revival, Kime! I will save you..........

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Whoever killed manotaur just doesn't like fun.

Was it you, Assuran? Afraid someone was edging in on your schtick, maybe? Or did you covet his lady friend?

I NO SMUSH MANTAUR.

MANTAUR GOOD MAN.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Only a so-ao taur though.

• Options
    Ok, I need everyone who attacked the slime to contact me, or at least have someone from your group tell me how much damage your whole team did to the slime. I have a theory that I'm trying put all the facts together for.

I REPEAT, IF YOU OR YOUR TEAM ATTACKED THE SLIME CONTACT ME!!!!

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    A wizard needs no team!

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    You awaken later than anticipated. The guy who was supposed to be on watch did not wake you for your shift. 

>Examine fire

There is no fire. The embers are cooling

>Examine room

It is dark. You smell copper and ozone in the air. Probably not the best combination. There is a pair of boots near a makeshift chair that are still smouldering. Probably the guard?

>Take boots

You have the boots. They smell like burning feet. Yay for you.

>Inventory

You currently have: 1x Trail ration, 1x water flask, 1x200 ft. rope, 1x gem of unstable fortune, 2x jellied eyeballs

>Eat eyeballs

You need help. Also you no longer have eyeballs in your inventory

>Use rope

Using your magical abilities, you make a rope golem out of the rope in your satchel. 

>Ride golem

You ride off into the long hallway, and forward to DESTINY!

>Use gem on golem

bsod.jpg

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Wait, are there two merchants or three?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I have only seen two, ceaser and premium.

also I didn't vote or act last night because I am the worst. sorry dudes.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Langly has the ability to float in water.

• Options
    Day 1 is the most important day to vote. "Forgetting" to vote at a critical time is a classic mafia play. One of these statements is false.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    HAH, VILLAGE LEARN LESSON FROM LAST GAME TOO GOOD.

NOW I NEED TO SMUSH A MONSTER INSTEAD OF BAD MANS.

WHERE BE RANGER MANS TO MAKE THIS EASIER?

• Options
    My group attacked tue slime for 6 damage. It has 9 health. So where was everyone else?

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    The following is a paid advertisement:

Tough monsters got you down?
    Do you often fail to kill even a single slime?
    Introducing the +2 weapon!
    Guaranteed to have 100% more pluses than those old +1 weapons!

"But premium, what if the monster tries to hurt me?"
    Well don't you fret, our ever dependable +2 armor will keep you safe* from even the mightiest of monsters.

"But premium, my party is a bunch of dicks who made me waste all my mana conjuring food!"
    We got you covered! The mana potions continue to roll in, covering all your magical needs.
    And unlike CesareB, we use only the finest* 100%* free* range* orphan tears as the potion base!

To order, please call 1-800-premium and have your credit card ready.

• Options
    Everyone else was too busy to bother cause they're attacking everyone else.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Come to think of it, it may actually be worth it to not kill the slime. We need to weigh the tradeoffs of not earning further gold with being able to guarantee 5 damage on the vote runner up (and potentially graduating to a monster that deals more damage in a less controllable way).

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    We also get gear. Remember, the mafia might be getting money from sources other than dead monsters, and as a result we fall behind them by not killing monsters.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    INANTP because not killing a monster is Elan stupid.

• Options
    Village discussion should be encouraged, not feared.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I dunno, the idea at least deserves exploring. I think you're just sour about it, because without new monster info you won't feel as useful. Invictus raises some worthy counterpoints, so I'm torn on the monster-slaying issue, but we should at least discuss it a little rather than just rejecting the notion out of hand.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I think that it's very possible that this might not be the guy we want to do it on, but at the very least it should be in the back of our heads as we go. If we can get a monster that's very clearly exploitable for the village, the mafia will have to spend time attacking it to move on to something they don't need to worry about, which is time they can't spend dealing damage to us.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So assume we don't kill this monster - won't we just get overrun as more monsters show up? Eventual this will lead to a host victory after both the village and the mafia are annihilated in a wave of slimes, oozes, goblins, ogres, and trolls. Unless the rules say specifically there is only one monster on the board ever this actually is pretty stupid. I can't check myself right now, but can someone check the OP for that data?

• Options
    Wizard!

• Options
    Looks like we can get more monsters from the OP. Nothing says that we wont have 6 goblins popping up tonight.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    So assume we don't kill this monster - won't we just get overrun as more monsters show up? Eventual this will lead to a host victory after both the village and the mafia are annihilated in a wave of slimes, oozes, goblins, ogres, and trolls. Unless the rules say specifically there is only one monster on the board ever this actually is pretty stupid. I can't check myself right now, but can someone check the OP for that data?
    I could get behind this. It'd break the mafia's winning streak, at least.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm behind not killing any monsters for the sole reason I am positively sure it will frustrate the hosts.

:twisted:

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    I could get behind this. It'd break the mafia's winning streak, at least.

Monster-assisted suicide is certainly... different.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I dont know how but Im more than willing to bet that not killing monsters will be a net gain for the mafia rather than the village.

Its more thematic that we want them dead and they want complete chaos.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    That can't be right, though. kime died green.

• Options
    I was discussing this whole monster issue with [REDACTED], who is a [REDACTED]. Long story short, there is at least one class capable of generating income separate and apart from monster looting. The mafia probably has access to the same classes we do; I think it was that way before, and makes sense that it'd be true this time as well. Between that and the fact that we don't know where the Draupnir rings are, I'm starting to think the consequences of sparing the Ooze might not accrue to our benefit after all. Too many unknowns, essentially.

Yes, we get to stick with a known quantity in terms of the monster's effects, but the OP is incredibly vague about the possibility of multiple monster encounters per night. We don't know who has the rings. We don't know if the mafia has their own way of making money, and/or has a member with one of these income-generating class abilities.

All that said, if we're going to experiment with sparing a monster, tonight is probably better than waiting for attrition to further take its toll. Maybe a future monster is going to be less dangerous, and if that happens we could revisit the issue. But something tells me the monsters get bigger, not smaller.

• Options
    The ooze seems like it's got nothing but useful drops for the long run. I'm honestly in favor of dropping it tonight, and will be assisting the effort.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    The problem with the current monster is that it's easier for the mafia to coordinate around it than for the village. The mafia just needs to make sure that one of their people isn't in second place (easier to do with vote manipulation, if they got either of those rings) and it's basically an extra attack for them.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    That can't be right, though. kime died green.

Clearly the best course of action is to ask:

Thralls, millers, conversions?

Does death count a true alignment reveal for the deceased (death thrall, death millers)?

:P