As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    The problem with the current monster is that it's easier for the mafia to coordinate around it than for the village. The mafia just needs to make sure that one of their people isn't in second place (easier to do with vote manipulation, if they got either of those rings) or are knights and it's basically an extra attack for them.

Let's not forget that part.

Speaking of, though you have no special reason to trust me, if anyone wants to share some info regarding bard or knight's specifics, I can probably trade some information on other classes in return.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Lonelyahava's posting style is getting tired, fast.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    That can't be right, though. kime died green.

Clearly the best course of action is to ask:

Thralls, millers, conversions?

Does death count a true alignment reveal for the deceased (death thrall, death millers)?

:P

Death count will always reveal the true alignment of the deceased.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Mill for using logic

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    ObiFett since he seems to be a lot quieter than normal. Also because he wants to frustrate the hosts and I mean come on, they're wonderful.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The hosts are definitely wonderful.

But hosts exist to be frustrated.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    You know, a lot of people are being quiet.

Ronrab, is this your first phalla? Cuz if so, you gotta speak up! And if not, then you REALLY gotta speak up!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    INANTP for positing a plan that would favor the mafia.

Now I return to my wizard cave to complete my karate training. Hi-ya!

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Obi is suspiciously quiet.

I am.

Just like all the previous games. Because these higher level classes are destroying my time (especially when I take 18+ credits).

Now, though, I am in the middle of a 9 credit ([434]Networks, [340]Advanced Languages, and [301]Entrepreneurship for Engineers) summer semester. I'm in the library right now, which is when I usually get most of my posting in, but I am ridiculously busy right now.

I'm trying to contribute. And I agree with giving the monster one more day, lets just see how it shakes out.

And Jpants because I'm riding that horse till its right or someone has a better target.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    The problem with the current monster is that it's easier for the mafia to coordinate around it than for the village. The mafia just needs to make sure that one of their people isn't in second place (easier to do with vote manipulation, if they got either of those rings) and it's basically an extra attack for them.

I think these are good points. Sure the mafia gets there chunk of the change but it forces them to have be more competitive with their bids in the event that they have revenue generation independent of monster slaying.

We also now have vote manip in play, so it might be easier for the mafia to corral an unfortunate villager in second place.

I think we should kill the ooze.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    You know, a lot of people are being quiet.

Ronrab, is this your first phalla? Cuz if so, you gotta speak up! And if not, then you REALLY gotta speak up!

Search function; Ronrab's been around. Baidol's another old phalla hand, I believe, and they're awful quiet, but that does seem to be the policy with those guys.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ol' "post or die" baidol

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

really Bedlam?

really?

Eh, whatever.

I got some healing over here, if you got smacked last night, let me know!

Jpants

• Options
    telling people you're hurt is always a really good idea in battle games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    The problem with the current monster is that it's easier for the mafia to coordinate around it than for the village. The mafia just needs to make sure that one of their people isn't in second place (easier to do with vote manipulation, if they got either of those rings) and it's basically an extra attack for them.

Actually, I'd sort of rather they have to make sure one of their people isn't in second and coordinate. It isn't the cleanest vote record, but it would require them to put their fingerprints on something. Once we get a red dead or two, it would give us some more information.

That said, I would love to be assured that there won't just be more and more monsters showing up while we let this one live. How did it work in the first game? Is it a possibility we could get overwhelmed by them?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    BAD MANS HAD POWERS TO MAKE MONSTERS IGNORE THEM LAST BATTLE.

BAD MANS PROLLY NO CARE ABOUT MONSTER SMASHING.

POST OR DIE, BAIDOL .

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    Ahoy adventurers! I notice you're having a bit of trouble with that damnable Green (Purple?) Ooze. Well, I've got just the supplies to put that ooze back where it belongs... here at Cesare's Choice Chest!

We've just got a new shipment of weapons in, and boy do they look sharp! That's two, count 'em, two +2 Weapons!

If you thought that was impressive, but perhaps just a tad on the aggressive side, then you're in luck! How about some +2 Armor to cover your hide! Buy one for yourself, and one for your buddy/lover/manservant! Cesare doesn't judge!

More of the magical type? Well then count yourself lucky, because the Mana Potions just keep rolling in. Another 2 hit the market tonight! Get them while they're blue!

And finally, in what speculators are calling the greatest invention of whatever century we're living in, from the geniuses who gave you the Potion of Haste, comes the Potion of Growth! Let's be honest with ourselves, fellow adventurers. At a certain point in our lives, we've all felt... well... undersized. And let's not fool ourselves, when it comes to tackling a mysterious, ooze-filled cave, size matters. Only now, with the Potion of Growth, you no longer have to worry, "Am I big enough?" Increases size, durability, and confidence in one small bottle. Call now, supplies are limited!*
    Side effects include glandular swelling, redness of eye, redness of everywhere, heartburn, itching sensations, burning sensations, actual burning (both internal and external), pyromania, pyrokinesis, and upset stomach. If you have an enlargement lasting more than 1 adventure or through an extended rest, please seek immediate medical attention.

What's that you say? Tell me more! Well if you insist!

My amazing, utterly unique Potion of Growth provides you with a permanent, yes PERMANENT increase in survivability. If such things could be reduced to mere numbers, I'd imagine this would increase your health by a solid 3. Three whole healths! Imagine that! Are you tanky? Be tankier! Are you squishy? Be less so! This miracle potion truly solves all your ills, even those you haven't yet suffered! So call today, adjutants are standing by!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    so I feel like I'm missing out on some critical info, not having played the first one of these.

what was up with it?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    BAD MAN FLAWLESS VICTORY THROUGH BRIBING ONE MERCHANT AND THE VILLAGE ONLY HARMING 1 BAD MAN IN BATTLE 1 TIME.

ALSO, MANA POTS. BUY THE MANA POTS. DENY ESSENTIALLY 1 SHOT KILLS BY BOOKY MANS LATER WHEN BOOKY MANS GET THERE STAVES.

(note: Wizards were super powerful for the mafia because we could pool equipment and gold and probably won't be quite as powerful in the hands of a villager because their ability was dependant upon mana pots. I'm not sure if ZH took this into account or not when rebalancing for this game.)

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Langly didnt vote yesterday and hasn't yet voted today, thats enough for me

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Oh shit, SeGaTai's playing! How's it going, man?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Segatai: HP 12/12, MP 3/3

(A)ttack, (S)kill, (I)tem, (R)un

> S

Skills - (1)Waste vote on possble inactivus target, (2)Space Ghost quote, (3) Turtle Hatred

>1,3

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    not too bad, keep not being around at all around vote close, missed it last night playing SC2 and will likely miss it tonight with frisbee. I also can't remember if I was in the first one of these and just died early or am remembering a similar phalla.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Post or Die thing is better than anything I have.

Come back to us, Baidol. Give us your wisdom.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Baidol 2
    INANTP 2
    JPants 2
    Langly 2
    Cythraul 1
    Lonely Ahava 1
    Mill 1
    ObiFett 1
    Ronrab 1

source

• Options
    INANTP

Ha-haa! You didn't expect that, did you?!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So what is the vote count?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So what is the vote count?
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Baidol 2
    INANTP 2
    JPants 2
    Langly 2
    Cythraul 1
    Lonely Ahava 1
    Mill 1
    ObiFett 1
    Ronrab 1

source

+
    Auralynx wrote: »
    INANTP

Ha-haa! You didn't expect that, did you?!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Afternoon, all. Do we have any new information to go on?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I mean, in all seriousness, I just want people to help kill the damn slime and am perfectly content to let Obi's phalla prowess be blunted by his classwork. INANTP is the other member of the slime-lover bloc.

J4, we do really need to know whether there are any class abilities that could account for Invictus' claim that his ability was redirected.

E: Also I am about to go to bed and will probably not wake up before vote close tonight.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Killing Baidol is somthing I can get behind.

Also Langly is a wasted vote if he dosent vote tonight.

Also also getting stuck on a computer that isnt widecreen is terrible.

• Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    Now, I want to vote for JPants again, but doing so will tie the vote... but then again it's early so it shouldn't take long to get untied.

JPants.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    INANTP for positing a plan that would favor the mafia.

Now I return to my wizard cave to complete my karate training. Hi-ya!
    A wizard needs no team!
    So assume we don't kill this monster - won't we just get overrun as more monsters show up? Eventual this will lead to a host victory after both the village and the mafia are annihilated in a wave of slimes, oozes, goblins, ogres, and trolls. Unless the rules say specifically there is only one monster on the board ever this actually is pretty stupid. I can't check myself right now, but can someone check the OP for that data?
    Wizard!
    Everyone else was too busy to bother cause they're attacking everyone else.
    Oh no... ties are bad. Who tied this vote?
    Yeah, they also took a nice chuck out of me too. Dicks.

I mean who dare strike a wizard?! This deed shall not go unpunished.
    I mean, a wizard knows exactly who tied this vote. A wizard knows all.
    Neither can match a wizard's speed!
    A likely story! How could one confuse the sneaky, jovial rogue with the clear-eyed, determined ranger?
    I am only stating their strategy last game was to launch a prefunctory of fireballs in many directions.

@Invictus I did not mean to quote you. You have a wizard's apology.
    Last game they got as many wizards as they could, thus their heavy dependency on mana pots.

... Erm, not that I am one of them.

Wizard!

Edit: That quote ought not be there. I will wizard it away! Hi-ya!
    A wizard duel is called for!
    Doh! I didn't notice the vote count...

Erm, I mean yes, a classic wizard's misdirect. Auralynx will feel my wizard's wrath!

Also spoiler, the villains (re: mafia) will attempt to get every mana pot they can get.
    I don't like this vote spread... it's very likely the mafia will target either myself or IW early this game.
    Choose your weapon, Iron Weasel!
    Yeah, the trouble is no is sure what class they are going to be yet. They aren't sure if they need a +1 longsword or a staff of the fireballs.

So, I don't like Mikey CTS' post history (NOTE: This is not in order, and I stopped about halfway through page 5). Now, full disclosure, I decided to dig because he voted for me. I'm petty. But what I see feels off to me. I didn't look up Mikey's phalla post history so I can't say "oh this is opposite of how he plays every day" but he seems suspiciously exciteable and casual.

For starters he's really eager to push the idea that YO! YO! I'M A WIZARD!, very happy to do that. At the same time he's saying "Oh the mafia will probably kill me, being a wizard and all, because wizards are useful." which seems...odd? If you're actually worried about your health, why would you do that?

Now apparently some people felt that this was also suspicious, because he later claims to have taken damage last night. If he's scared of mafia hitting him, why is he also drawing attention to the fact that he's injured?

I find Mikey CTS' behaviour illogical and suspect him to be lying. While he may be a villager trying to do a LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME SHAKIN' MY BUTT AT THE MAFIA, such an act looks identical to mafia going LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I'M A VILLAGER THINK ONLY OF ME AND VILLAGE IN YOUR GED EQUIVALENCY COMPARISON TESTS.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Also I'd like to point out that the OP says literally nothing about monster spawn rate and there is just as much reason to assume they don't continue spawning as they do.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Wow. I think that's the longest post I've seen INANTP make in, like, ever. And that's notwithstanding the quotes.

I'm not 100% sold, but I definitely don't like this camp looking to punish someone for proposing a radical idea and encouraging public discussion.

There's a good chance Langly is getting eaten by the Monster with Two "I"s if he doesn't vote soon. Just to be on the safe side, it's best to have an active person in second in case Inactivus eats before the monster strikes. Until that knot at the top gets sorted out, having an inactive second place puts a lot of probable villagers in the monster's path.

Mikey CTS

Also, I want to remind people that the forums have been going wonky close to vote close, so it might not be a terrible idea to get in a vote you care about sooner rather than later.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    MikeyCTS, based almost entirely on simply being impressed at the lengths INANTP just went to.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Also I'd like to point out that the OP says literally nothing about monster spawn rate and there is just as much reason to assume they don't continue spawning as they do.

The important thing is not so much to guess correctly as to take the action which has the best results regardless of whether or not your guess is correct. If monsters spawn on top of monsters, then attacking is clearly superior and not attacking is very dangerous. If we'll only face one monster at a time, then it's up for debate. My assumption then is that we should attack the monster to avoid a worst-case scenario.

• Options
    You want us to attack the monster so that there's more gold flowing into the village!

liEt3nH.png