As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I think of the wagons. The MikeyCTS seems the most compelling.

I'm not wild about holding anyone's feet to the fire for missing a vote, given that the forums have been having issues.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    INANPT apparently does not appreciate roleplaying. :rotate:

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    And didn't you once say you hate rp?

I hate RP?

No, I HATE rp.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mikey CTS 4
    Baidol 3
    INANTP 3
    JPants 3
    Langly 2
    Cythraul 1
    Mill 1
    ObiFett 1

Last update for a while, I'm gonna go get dinner and be dad.

source

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I think MikeyCTS might be a good lead. Either he's doing a bad job at looking inconspicuous, or he's trying to draw attention away from someone else.

Trust might be another good choice because a three-way tie is asking for shenanigans close to vote close.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Here is what I've learned from talking to people today. It would seem that there were 11 damage done to the slime. But the slime has 9 health. Which means that either someone is lying to me or the mafia healed the monster. If the last thing is true, then the mafia is getting something from the monster, either from its nature of hitting the second place winner or some other odd power or class the mafia might have. Keeping the monster alive doesn't benefits us. Plus, not knowing if we are going to have multiple monsters appearing is also another reason we should suffer a witch slime to live. But with the mafia wanting the slime to live, why would the village? Which is why I'm confused why INANTP would want it alive.

• Options
    I'd also like to add that just because I'm the only person who wrote more than a sentence about their vote, don't presume you're not allowed to do the same about yours! I'd love to hear other theories!

I mean, that's why I stated my theory, you know, about the monsters. So people could say what they think about it and we could all decide if it was a good idea. Together. :rotate:

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Kill all monsters forever and give the gold to me.

• Options
    Here is what I've learned from talking to people today. It would seem that there were 11 damage done to the slime. But the slime has 9 health. Which means that either someone is lying to me or the mafia healed the monster. If the last thing is true, then the mafia is getting something from the monster, either from its nature of hitting the second place winner or some other odd power or class the mafia might have. Keeping the monster alive doesn't benefits us. Plus, not knowing if we are going to have multiple monsters appearing is also another reason we should suffer a witch slime to live. But with the mafia wanting the slime to live, why would the village? Which is why I'm confused why INANTP would want it alive.

I don't want it alive, I'm saying "Hey, let's think about the pros and cons about monsters living, and let's not fall into the trap of assuming that it's always going to be best to kill them."

To say that we receive no benefit from the monster is disingenuous. All monsters deal damage, and in the last game they all dealt damage in ways that, with effort, could be directed. What we have to ask each monster is

A) Can we safely direct that damage?
    B) Is it worth the tradeoff of gold and potential items to the Party Leader special (presuming that there is a Party Leader special this time around)?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Actually, let's go with Baidol instead, to avoid shenanigans. The last thing we need is a four-way tie in first. MikeyCTS is still a good lead, though...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    IIRC last game the mafia was immune to monster abilities. No guarantee that's the case this time around, but it's worth entertaining since they may not be particularly arsed about killing these things if they they take no damage and are able to get gold by other methods.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    MrTLicious is replacing Ketbra effective immediately

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    In the last game the monsters couldn't hurt the mafia.

This should be where I vote for INANTP for trying to mislead the village, but I don't want to vote for people that are at least trying, so I'll vote for Baidol.

I think the argument for keeping the monsters alive is that, potentially, not killing them keeps the round 1 monster around instead of more powerful monsters later.

Of course I have only read this page so I don't really know what's happening yet, and maybe we know that things are different this game from the last one.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    You want us to attack the monster so that there's more gold flowing into the village!

The total amount of gold in the game is immaterial to me as long as I get more of it than premium. So there.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I just spent six hours grading organic chemistry exams. Ya'll can't touch this shit. I will say that the MickeyCTS bandwagon was pretty funny, but Langly to keep things interesting.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I don't know why "The monsters will ignore the mafia" is being presented as though that doesn't, in some way, also provide information about who is mafia.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The OP specifically mentions a "leader" though I don't actually know what that means.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Someone in the party is the designated leader. Upon slaying a monster, the leader receives and then distributes loot.

• Options
    Is there a means to verify whether someone's claim of taking damage is the truth?

• Options
    Do the remaining amount of damage to kill someone.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I have been informed that beyond my cheekiness, there is a way to verify whether someone is damaged (but not the source).

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    I just spent six hours grading organic chemistry exams. Ya'll can't touch this shit. I will say that the MickeyCTS bandwagon was pretty funny, but Langly to keep things interesting.

6 hours doing organic chemistry??? (grading is much worse I'd agree though)

I agree voting langly doesnt do anything if he doesnt show up, was meant to encourage him to post more if possible.

I had though Mikey's post were odd as well and inantp covered that well I think, I believe he was the only person to publicly claim damage which seemed odd as well, I'm assuming villagers would just find a cleric or use one of the public health potions

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    The healing potion mechanic is more interesting this time around because you cannot use it to heal yourself. You have to find someone willing to stick their neck out to do it, as their name will be the one appearing in the narration.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I think the healing potion mechanic was like that before as well.

• Options
    I should probably get a vote in before the forums shit themselves, huh?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    44 MINUTES UNTIL THE DEATH OF THOUGHT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    One time in a battle game I complained loudly for two days I needed a heal, never got hit once.

That was fun.

Lets try and prevent 4 people getting hit for 5 damage tonight. Jpants

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Lets try and prevent 4 people getting hit for 5 damage tonight. Jpants

Number of people in second place before Void Slayer voted: 1

Number of people in second place after Void Slayer voted: 2

Stated intention of Void Slayer's vote: to reduce the number of people exposed to the ooze's damage.

Stated intention and result of action do not agree. Reason?

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I really want Jpants to get hit by a slime.

Technically there are still less then 4 people in second place.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    The Mikey vote is the most interesting one, but voting for him would set up a tie, so I'll hold off on that and see if anyone else lays down a vote.

Will more monsters show up without us finishing the current one?

• Options
    Also, I was hit by the slime last night, and thank you to whoever decided to throw a heal my way. I hope you do so again tonight if I eat the ooze shot.

• Options
    Jpants

hrmhrmhrm?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Jason 4 , for switching to baidol when MikeyCTS was in the lead to make sure there is a strong leader? Seemed like a quick attempt to switch a vote on a wagon that might turn around

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Breaking character to say I have some pretty significant storms rolling through my area.

Hopefully I'll be online for vote close, but my new place has no basement so I'm carefully watching the storms and if you don't hear from me via PMs you sent, it's cause I'm paying attention to the weather.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Breaking character to say I have some pretty significant storms rolling through my area.

Hopefully I'll be online for vote close, but my new place has no basement so I'm carefully watching the storms and if you don't hear from me via PMs you sent, it's cause I'm paying attention to the weather.

Be safe, man!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    I'm praying you will be ok.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Thanks, it's probably nothing, just normal Summer storms for central Ohio.

Tornado watch for me until late tonight.

Oh, and a tornado warning just 20 minutes north of me just as I'm typing. Crap. Thankfully, they are very contained cell bursts right now.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

The ranger who talked to me yesterday told me the slime had 15 hp. Which makes more sense to me.

Also, Mikey CTS. It's the best lead we've got. I hope you guys have enough time to figure out the ties stuff, because I am off for the evening.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that's a 3 way tie now

I agree that Mikey CTS is the best bet at this point. I'm not sure if he's mafia or maybe an SK (there was one in the mini but he got Day 1'd), but there's definitely something off

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »

The ranger who talked to me yesterday told me the slime had 15 hp. Which makes more sense to me.

Also, Mikey CTS. It's the best lead we've got. I hope you guys have enough time to figure out the ties stuff, because I am off for the evening.

It has 9hp today, it had 15 yesterday. Damage was done, but not like my numbers are saying.