As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Cythraul has been pretty quiet. There's also the slight push off him as vote runner-up on day1 that looks a suspicious.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Can we just stop pussyfooting around with trying to interpret narration and go Are NPC monsters considered "a threat to the adventuring party" as defined by the sample villager PM in the OP?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Current vote-count before I head to bed:

MrT 3
    OmLoz 2
    SLyM 2
    Cythraul 1
    INANTP 1
    JPants 1
    TheAnon 1
    Trust 1

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Can we just stop pussyfooting around with trying to interpret narration and go Are NPC monsters considered "a threat to the adventuring party" as defined by the sample villager PM in the OP?

If all PC threats to the party are removed, then it is assumed that the party will be able to handle the npc threats. So no.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Also Would revoting for the person you already voted for as the last vote of the day trigger the Cyclop's power?

• Options
    Thank you.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yay me for jumping to faulty conclusions!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »

MrT 3
    OmLoz 2
    SLyM 2
    Cythraul 1
    INANTP 1
    JPants 1
    TheAnon 1
    Trust 1
    I concur. source

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Also Would revoting for the person you already voted for as the last vote of the day trigger the Cyclop's power?

Yes. The cyclops has an incredibly short memory. Like Memento short.

Or maybe because if the answer was "no" then the system would be so easily gamed that it would be a pointless restriction.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    :^:

I like the idea of Memento Cyclops

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Given the unpredictable nature of the forums lately, it would be in our best interest to kill this thing quickly. Trying to control them is just stupid- and we don't know how many monsters are left- or what kind.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Given the unpredictable nature of the forums lately, it would be in our best interest to kill this thing quickly. Trying to control them is just stupid- and we don't know how many monsters are left- or what kind.

I also wonder since the narration mentions an "end" and a "relic", if maybe when we reach the relic something awesome happens?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Memento Cyclops:
    This is Logan. Don't trust him!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I see basically no situation where the mafia would let themselves get hit by the cyclops. I suggest we kill it.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I see basically no situation where the mafia would let themselves get hit by the cyclops. I suggest we kill it.

Well I mean not without outing themselves.

• Options
    Vote close is going to be interesting

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

But simultaneously a villager can't then use the cyclops without looking mafio

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Still accepting bids for my vote btw

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Having read the thread some, I think Obi makes a good point in that OminousLozenge is looking shiftier than SLyM.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »

I also wonder since the narration mentions an "end" and a "relic", if maybe when we reach the relic something awesome happens?

That might be something to keep putting in front of everyone if the cyclops is still alive for Day 4.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

But simultaneously a villager can't then use the cyclops without looking mafio

Unless the villager votes for the vote leader, yeah.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

It is not really a question of let, if I am understanding the monster's power correctly.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Woop woop, self-preservation time now that Starbuck hates me. Although I will say this:

Thanks for not going with "OmLoz," Tayrun. I think that abbreviation lacks both menace and panache. Also, Obi is silly. It's awfully close to the reasons people voted for INANTP. Trying to promote conversation is somehow bad? Good to know! :^:

MrT, it's nothing personal.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    what is the current vote distribution?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    OL :P

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Scroll up, and ye shall find. Like seriously man, Flarne and jdark both posted a vote count higher up on this very page. Flarne's is the third post from the top!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

MrT 4
    OmLoz 4
    SLyM 2
    Cythraul 1
    INANTP 1
    JPants 1
    TheAnon 1
    Trust 1

• Options
    that's was almost 3 votes out of date when I asked, and is now almost 4!

!!!

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

MrT 4
    OmLoz 4
    SLyM 2
    Cythraul 1
    INANTP 1
    JPants 1
    TheAnon 1
    Trust 1

Liez. I switched my vote away from SLyM.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    it also seems to be missing my vote for Baidol, for what that's worth.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    jpants

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    The idea of leaving the cyclops around is intriguing, as the mafia can't use him without leaving a record. On the other hand, we get goodies for killing monsters, and having an extra 6 damage each night that'll probably hit villagers more often than mafia does not work in our favor. On the first hand, however, the devil we know is better than the one we don't. The next monster could be a lot worse for us. Granted, it could also be better, but at least this one we always know what he's up to/who directed him.

Just kinda thinking out loud.

• Options
    ahava just voted without giving any good reason for it

what's up with that!!!!!!

• Options
    ahava just voted without giving any good reason for it

what's up with that!!!!!!

To be fair, she has been suspicious of me since the start. Though I don't recall her ever giving a reason. :/

• Options
    To be honest, I don't know who to vote for. Is gut feeling all we have to go on right now?

I'm just going to throw out a vote on Peccavi for the whole "let's leave the monster alive" argument. If someone else has a better argument, I'm open to changing my vote.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    MrT only because in my mind I'm less suspicious of the other vote leads

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    You know, I'm going to get INANTP a rest. Mrt for reasons That I'm sexy.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Well, having gone for a run while mulling on this, I'm pretty strongly in support of leaving the cyclops alone for now. Granted, I wasn't in the mini, so maybe I don't understand the monster spawning system. Were there any nights in the mini where the village didn't have a monster to kill (or, in the same vein, were there any nights where there were multiple monsters to kill)? If every monster we kill is just going to be replaced by another one, it all seems Sisyphean. The 18 damage (or more, if there isn't total coordination between hit squads) that we deal to the cyclops could instead be used to hunt mafia. The mafia worry me far more than these monsters, and at least they will stay dead, rather than being replaced night after night.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular