As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    So is Gizmo well known for being classless? (hur hur)

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure ronrab just afked through the selection process.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    ooo000ooo000ooo000

15767532.jpg

000ooo000ooo000ooo

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    ooo00000ooooooo00000000ooooooooo000000oooooo

At least I wasn't soldier A.

Now back to being on phalla break.

ooo00000oooooooo00000000ooooooooo00000oooooo

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Is it Day 1?

Yes.

Conclusion: Kime dies tonight.

---

Is Mill mafia?

No.

Is it Day 2?

Yes.

Conclusion: Mill dies tonight.

---

source: phallatropes.com

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    no no no.

is jdark is being a silly goose more than usual, like a pushy, aggressive, makes you want to stab him in the head goose, then he's usually mafia.

it's hard to tell the difference from his usual persona most of the time, but it is a good tell.

sometimes.

is tayrun still around?

• Options
    Yes. Mildly concerned that talking about silly geese and pushiness seems to have reminded you of me? :P

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Hello again my fellow advento-capitalists! Ready to feast your eyes on a veritable cornucopia of cyclops-crushing kit?

Yet again we have our favorite standbys, +2 Weapons! Hammers, staves, bows: you name it, we've got it, and all with that sweet double action you've come to know and love!

Potions of all sorts! Mana, Greater Health, Growth, and Alteration! If you can drink it (but probably shouldn't), we've got it! One each folks, supplies are limited, everything must go! Are you sick of the dreary life of a cloistered cleric? Want to buckle some swash like a daring rogue? Well then an Alteration Potion is just the thing for you! Instant*, pain-free*, and totally reversible*, this potion will let you become the you you know you really are! Or something!
    *Instant refers to geological time. *Meaning that the pain comes for free. *Reversing may result in the formation of you from an alternate universe, whereupon the two of you shall fight to the death, make passionate love, or both. Use only as directed.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Can we get a Ranger-dump on the Cyclops, or is making that kind of thing public no longer the plan?

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    OminiousLozenge to get the day going.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Cyclops: HP: 18 Attack: Deals 6 damage to the last person that received a vote that day. Drops: 125 gold, Scroll of Madness, Healing Potion, Weapon +1, Armor+2

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Well, if we're going to leave one we can try to control alive, that's not a bad one.

• Options
    If some ability lowered your attack, would you be informed?

Someone was told that they were confused and their action retargeted. It is worth investigating rather than assuming.

You should get status updates of your current attack value each day.

SO!

GG, this means that either the reported damage has failed to take stock of their actual damage, the slime has defenses rangers are not informed about (silly), the mafia can heal monsters (I think that's dumb and I think ZH is dumb if that's the case), or someone is lying (including potentially you).

Choose.

I've already said options B and C. Or a combo of two. But if the mafia does have some control over the damn things, then keeping monsters alive is stupid. But why are ypu so damn defensive/passionate about this is beyond me. I'm still inclined to continue my vote on you, INANTP.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Do bonuses from armor and weapons stack or are we going 3rd edition rules?

I will totally duel wield halberds for the cool factor either way.

Also did anyone get hit by either SLyM or the slime?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Jpants to prevent more people in 2nd than necessary.

You ruined our experiments MrTLicious.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »

OMG, you woke up thinking of me? I'll say I'm flattered, but really it's just kinda creepy. :p

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »

OMG, you woke up thinking of me? I'll say I'm flattered, but really it's just kinda creepy. :p

But I dream of you. :P

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Killing monsters gives us gold. Gold is good, yeah?

I say we keep killing.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Killing monsters gives us gold. Gold is good, yeah?

I say we keep killing.

I dunno. This monster is interesting.
    Cyclops: HP: 18 Attack: Deals 6 damage to the last person that received a vote that day. Drops: 125 gold, Scroll of Madness, Healing Potion, Weapon +1, Armor+2

6 damage that can only be dealt in a public fashion, where we know both who attacked with it and who took the damage? I'm rather intrigued by the possibilities of that.

Maybe the gold boost is worth more. I dunno. But this monster, at first glance, doesn't seem like the worst thing.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    not the worst thing ever I'd agree as well but the monsters attack behavior seems to continue to be in ways that are useful to the village. Is it possible that later monsters we face continue this trend and continue to be more pro-village in their targetting? I'd like to assume this is designed in a way to encourage us to kill the monsters whenever possible.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    We should probably choose someone we want to hit with the 6 damage, so we don't have to worry about potential shenanigans.

My nomination goes to ahava for being not very active. And no, I don't care what your excuse is :P

• Options
    hey mrt how'd you find someone to use a potion on in only 3 and a half hours

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Welcome back to premium's plethora of purchasables!

Today we have quite a selection available for auction.

Need a boost in raw killing power? The Weapon +2 continues to be available for purchase.

Getting dinged up and want to see another day? The Armor +2 provides a sturdy defense against all attacks.

Looking to grow a little bigger? The Potion of Growth will help you grow any way you want!

Are you on the brink of death? Ask your friend to feed you the all new Major Health Potion! Provides a full 10 points of healing to a player other than yourself and can be used privately!

Unhappy with your place in life? Want to become someone else? The Potion of Alteration is what you want. This item will let you change to any class you desire!

And as always we have Mana Potions for all your wizarding needs!

10% of all proceeds will be donated to the premium fund for underprivileged adventurers. You want to help a charity, don't you?

• Options
    INANTP

Convince me otherwise!

• Options
    Okay here:

There's no good reason to vote for me.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Not gonna do it. Talk me into someone else?

• Options
    No, fuck you. The entire reason Mikey died is because ONE PERSON (me) tried to talk ANYONE into SOMEONE, and then that someone died because NO ONE wanted to engage a secondary opinion. Except Mikey who rightly went "Well this is kinda fucking ridiculous that someone just has to quote posts and then everyone falls over each other to go YEAH YEAH THAT GUY LET'S GET THAT GUY" and threw up his hands.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I was under the impression that he died of terminal wizarditis?

• Options
    New marketing strategy: start buying premium's shit or I'll quote your posts until you get voted off

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I think part of the problem is there hasn't been a lot of debate and we don't have people on record for anything. I propose we set an agenda of things to discuss. If nothing else, getting everyone talking is always a good plan. I would propose the following topics, but feel free to suggest your own:

Who should we vote for? (preferably not INANTP because he has been a proponent of discussion and as stated earlier discussion is a good thing.)

Should we keep the monster alive? (I think yes because it attacks in a public fashion that can be very pro-village if we don't fuck it up. The no argument is either that A) we could get a better monster later (convincing) or B) a second monster could show up and tag team us (unsure of the odds of that).

If yes, who should get the attack? (We should establish this with perhaps a secondary vote and forbid anyone from voting within a half-hour of vote close against anyone other than the chosen target.) (this presents problems if, say, the person doesn't want to be attacked and commandeers it, which is maybe something else we should discuss.)

• Options
    No, fuck you. The entire reason Mikey died is because ONE PERSON (me) tried to talk ANYONE into SOMEONE, and then that someone died because NO ONE wanted to engage a secondary opinion. Except Mikey who rightly went "Well this is kinda fucking ridiculous that someone just has to quote posts and then everyone falls over each other to go YEAH YEAH THAT GUY LET'S GET THAT GUY" and threw up his hands.

So basically you are saying you got Mickey killed but its not your fault because people listened to you and now that I'm doing the same thing with your save the monster post, its wrong?

Please, stop being a silly goose.

• Options
    We should be voting for people we believe to be mafia.

About half the still-alive game knows I've been super-interested in finding a Bard since Invictus claimed he was confused. I still haven't. Everyone should have been trying to get a reliable count of members of their own class; all of mine knows I was working that out Day 1. Probably people with a clear idea who's what should be conferring in PM and trying to guess which classes (Knight, Bard, Cleric, and Wizard, imo) the Mafia is concentrated among.

Should we keep the cyclops alive? Probably not, unless we have a better target. More loot in circulation helps the hypothetical leader, who should have been looking for and networking with rogues to keep control of the item inventory assuming that they - which the rumor is they do - get bonus loot and can still reclaim items from the dead (which they could in the mini).

Should we be focusing damage on someone? If we're really, really sure they're mafia and don't want them to see it coming. If I knew anyone like that the same section of the village who knows I want to know what the hell Bard does would have gotten prodding to hit someone; instead I am flailing.

• Options
    Please point me to where I said OH MY GOD SAVE THE MONSTER THIS IS FUCKING ESSENTIAL

I asked "Hey guys, what if this thing". Do you know what that means? What if? It means I don't know, it means let's discuss, let's think about hypotheticals. You know, let's assume we're not god's gift to phalla and that we know exactly what we should do. The fact that there are people going you know it's an interesting idea let's discuss it and at the same time people are going FUCKING MAFIA PLAN YOU ARE MAFIA MAFIA MAFIA KILL HIM KILL HIM is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly tiring. I do not want to fend off a fucking bandwagon every time I suggest an idea in phalla.

Do you know what mafia need to do to win games? I should hope so since it's all that's happened this year, but if you haven't noticed it's not boondoggle the village into following them like a pied piper, it's hang out, do nothing, and let village bullheadedness hang themselves.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Who should we vote for? I'm super busy with work, but here's my suggestions based on spreadsheet: Cythraul and JPants are interesting from Day 1. Baidol, INANTP, and JPants are interesting from Day 2. So is Langly, who narrowly dodged Inactivus.

I'm interested in learning more about JPants and Langly.

Should we keep the monster alive? No, its control is untenable. Directing it requires cooperation, and there is little reason for the target to cooperate.

If yes, who should get the attack? n/a

• Options
    I also think that this monster is much more prone to interference than the slime. The slime was a second vote record, this is not.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh, additional point in favor of murdering the cyclops: The forum lag is going to make that particular targeting mechanic super-unpredictable if it continues.

• Options
    Should we keep the monster alive? While I agree this one should die because it's tricky to control despite how clear it is, I can't be the only one who feels that we should kill monsters because it's fun?

• Options
    I agree that we should kill the cyclops. I'm sure at first, whoever suggested we could control it thought it would be possible. I hope that, on further reflection, it is realized that no, we can't control it. I think the outcome of attempting to steer the cyclops is fairly predictable: we're going to end up with a shitload of last-minute votes, some of which get eaten by forum lag no doubt, the odds of the cyclops hitting whoever we collectively thought should get hit become basically nil, and in that chaos it's entirely possible someone who was at the top of the vote gets spared, and if that occurs then tomorrow's going to be taken up trying to clean up after a wasted day of voting, and the intended first place is going to get voted out then, which pushes back the amount of useful information we get even further, and oh my god can this sentence run on any more? Other people have touched on this. I want to make it absolutely clear.

• Options
    New premium sale:
    Whoever pays me the most money can pick a target for my last second vote

• Options
    Anonymity and confidentiality guaranteed, losers will be fully refunded