Options

Yay, more babby! [Kids]

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My little one has learned the phrase 'uh oh'. Almost everything gets an uh oh right now.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Anya: I want to go to the zoo!
    Me: Well, we can go again someday.
    Anya: Yeah! See elephants - and monkeys!
    Me: What else do you want to see at the zoo?
    Anya: Umm... Dragons!

If your zoo has Komodos you can teach her the importance of being technically correct

I believe the SF zoo does in fact have Komodos.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

If your zoo has Komodos you can teach her the importance of being technically correct

Checkmate.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular

Checkmate.

The only kind of mating that results from being technically correct!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My 16 month old spiked a temperature of 105 today and had multiple febrile convulsions. She's at the hospital now with my wife, where they're keeping her overnight for observation and potentially more tests. If you could keep her in your prayers, or other nondenominational cosmic well wishes, I'd appreciate it.

Probably the worst part for me was explaining to our three year old that we had to leave the hospital and go home and sleep. She said "but I love my sister and love means staying together," cue water works and heart death.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    ah, jeez, that sounds awful. Best wishes from here, certainly.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear that man. I remember when my son went to Children's. He ended up fine after a few weeks, but it changed my life like crazy.

I'm not much to pray, but I sent one her way. Sent one your way too.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peen, that made me cry.

You've got a shoulder and an ear here if you need anything.

Kids are amazingly resilient. Try to keep your head up.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    My 16 month old spiked a temperature of 105 today and had multiple febrile convulsions. She's at the hospital now with my wife, where they're keeping her overnight for observation and potentially more tests. If you could keep her in your prayers, or other nondenominational cosmic well wishes, I'd appreciate it.

Probably the worst part for me was explaining to our three year old that we had to leave the hospital and go home and sleep. She said "but I love my sister and love means staying together," cue water works and heart death.

This same thing happened to my 7 month old a bit over a month ago. It's seriously scary as heck, but our doctor said it's just a thing some kids do sometimes and they typically recover just fine.
    Hope everything turns out alright.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Mine got up to 103 a couple months back. It was really pretty scary.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I remember on more than a couple occasions having to do middle-of-the-night cooldown baths, although we never progressed to convulsions. I'm not one for prayer, but you'll be in my thoughts.

• Options
    We're home. Turned out to be run-of-the-mill fever seizures, super scary but not exactly dangerous and with no long term implications. We get to carry around a fun anti-seizure suppository kit, in case she ever has one longer than 3 minutes, but the sorta kinda good news is that she'll grow out of them by the time she's 7 or 8!

Thank you all for the well wishes, that whole thing was pretty trivial compared to what some of you have gone through but it sucks to see your baby hooked up to a hundred tubes and electrodes.

• Options
    Glad she's doing ok sir!

/bro hug

• Options
    edited July 2014
    10570493_10203601210723722_2365853489193821376_n.jpg

@Moriveth @‌Usagi Here's the original capes my mom made for the birthday party when I was 6ish?

I'm bottom middle, my older bro is top middle, and the others are friends

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Glad your baby is ok Peen! By all accounts you seem like a great daddy, hope you guys don't have to do any worrying again until you are scaring off grungy teenage boys :)

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Awesome news Peen. I mean it would be better if you didn't have to deal with it at a but at least it's something controllable that she'll grow out of.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Australlia has taken to calling hot dogs "Hot cocks"

Her father encourages her to say it constantly, because he knows it drives me bonkers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Glad to hear she's ok, Peen.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Australlia has taken to calling hot dogs "Hot cocks"

Her father encourages her to say it constantly, because he knows it drives me bonkers.

Teacher: Who taught you to say that?
    Girl: My Dad! He puts mustard on his so it tastes better!
    Teacher: Hello, CPS?

• Options
    HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    We're home. Turned out to be run-of-the-mill fever seizures, super scary but not exactly dangerous and with no long term implications. We get to carry around a fun anti-seizure suppository kit, in case she ever has one longer than 3 minutes, but the sorta kinda good news is that she'll grow out of them by the time she's 7 or 8!

Thank you all for the well wishes, that whole thing was pretty trivial compared to what some of you have gone through but it sucks to see your baby hooked up to a hundred tubes and electrodes.

Our daycare lady lives with her grandson, who has similar problems. Apparently they make thermometers you can just point at the kid's forehead to get a reading, and they use it all the time on him while he's asleep just to keep an eye on him. Might be worth a "peace of mind" investment. Glad to hear it's just run-of-the-mill serious, not actual serious.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    My daughter at 14 months has taken to some of the craziest behaviors. Yesterday, after she got out of the bath, she threw her towel off and wanted to run around naked. Then she ran full speed at me sitting on the couche, leapt up on me, wrapped her arms around my neck and legs around my ribs and just started cackling madly like a crazy little person.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    My daughter at 14 months has taken to some of the craziest behaviors. Yesterday, after she got out of the bath, she threw her towel off and wanted to run around naked. Then she ran full speed at me sitting on the couche, leapt up on me, wrapped her arms around my neck and legs around my ribs and just started cackling madly like a crazy little person.

Our daughter, at 2 years, STILL runs around the house naked after a bath. It's a ritual. And there's so much happy laughter, I'm not going to stop her.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Naked Baby is an after-bath ritual here! It involves dancing and music, too.

Peen, how scary. :( I am so glad she's better now.

@DaMoonRulz‌ - she loves her cape sooo much. A very big thank you!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    My oldest using a big old metal lathe. I was really proud of him. He has a lot of patience for being 9 years old. He was holing out a stainless steel tube to make himself a little ring.

10378073_10152579904213279_7446556245213529031_n.jpg?oh=049ef5f6bd81a22a177993f17480df98&oe=547DFAEA&__gda__=1415352085_cdcfbb9cc88f62324023cd9466e77df0

edit: fixed

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Here he is hammering out a sweet looking copper ring.

10553541_10152579904153279_7156840608670211560_n.jpg?oh=b2b43038adc88d503dfcc88071b2a7c0&oe=545BC30F&__gda__=1416183546_b2f01c62a4f86138c07a4ab3da95a42e

edit: fixed

Xaquin on
  • Options
    @Janson‌ when I heard Super Anya was using a scarf as a cape I knew what needed to be done.

Unless she was going for the Strider look. I would've asked, but no one knows her secret identity. I've narrowed it down to "Not Lance Hunt", because he wears glasses.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So last night we took my son to his first real, non-Wiggles concert. Last summer we saw Macklemore but it was a morning show concert in NYC so it wasn't really a full concert experience (and of course had weird practice runs, etc). It was the kid that won American Idol a few years ago, Scotty McCreery, who my son absolutely loved during the show and begged to see last time he was in the state but we couldn't swing it. It was so fun to watch him get super excited and dance and clap along. It made me realize though how old he's getting (9) as he was not that far from my height! My niece went as well and had a great time. We finished the night at the beach, checking out the lights of the rides/pier and getting fries and pizza. It was a great cap to the summer since they're back at school in a few weeks.

It's going to be a tough adjustment for at least my son when she goes back to living with her dad. I'm hoping he doesn't get too upset as despite their bickering and battling I think he liked having a temporary older sister. Truthfully it's going to be an adjustment for all of us, it's fun having a teenager around actually. I feel bad though - her bouncing around has left her with no real social circle of her own, I really hope she builds one up this year and her dad can keep them in one apartment for the whole school year. Just overall I hope she can have a year of stability - it's so frustrating to watch.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Okay so Jonah (Joseph's 2 year old) has learned to play dead.

The other day while he's on the bed I make a grabbing gesture at him from across the room and go

"YOUR SOUL.

"IS MIIIINE"

and he collapses onto the bed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    So would that be a fatality or a babality?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    My wife wrote this thing on her blog about breastfeeding. I'm incredibly proud of her and wanted to share her work and say that I think she's the best.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, breastfeeding is not always the easiest. With my first, he took to it very easily and didn't wean until 1.5 years. with my second, it wasn't so easy. I ended up supplementing with formula, but I'm still nursing and she's 9 months.
    I've stopped caring about covering up, but my husband still tries to place the blanket over us. I know he is trying to help, since I really did want to stay covered in the beginning. But it just got tedious at some point.
    Good blog post.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2014
    Why is it always the cheap, noisy toys that turn out to be the favourites? He has hundreds of quiet toys to play with, yet as soon as Emma goes back to bed because she's feeling really ill he manages to dig out the £1 plastic butterfly that sings so loudly you can hear it outside.

I need to find a better hiding place for it.

Edit: I mean look at this thing, it's not even nice!

bcp8nxeonlsf.jpg

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Batteries. You can remove them.y dad once thought it would be AWESOME to get my kids a dozen fake mice that not only squeeked a piercing death note but also randomly started 'running' to disappear under shit.

Incredibly they had all 'broken' and become simple fuzzy toy mice within 20 minutes.

• Options
    It'd break his little heart if it mysteriously stopped working at the moment. Maybe tomorrow when he's forgotten about it, but at the moment when the only thing he wants to do is bash the giant button to make it sing I'll have to put up with it.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Can you put some tape on a "speaker" part? That's how I muted sound of my daughter's toys.

• Options
    That's a great idea, I've got loads of electrical tape I could mute the speaker outlet jokes with.

Although now I can't find the bloody thing at all, he's hidden it away somewhere.

Evil genius

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    At nearly 15 months mine is finally weaned. We both wanted to go a lot longer, but emotionally I just couldn't. I miss it a lot and so does he, but it had become impossible for me to maintain.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Fell off the changing table this morning :( Guess that strap wasn't secure :(:(:(

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Don't worry. I kicked Leah upside the head yesterday in a valiant attempt to keep her from only slumping over my leg. She didn't mind until she saw my concerned look. Then and only then did she cry.

Real smooth.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Luke has a scar on his forehead that was entirely my fault. I was holding a wooden serving tray and turned around as he was running towards me and the corner made a perfect line on his forehead that bled pretty bad, but not like scary-run-to-hospital bad. He still has a faint vertical line from it years later.

As a side note, I think the summer is going to kill me. The kids' bedtimes keep stretching, I want some time after they go to bed to relax by myself or as a couple - and although they can sleep in, I cannot. While I generally can go on 5 or 6 hours of sleep pretty easily, it's been such a long stretch of it now that I'm super exhausted.

I really hoped to do some job hunting this summer to maybe switch paths a bit or find some 2nd source of income but the late nights, tutoring a co-worker, and just overall need to focus on family while my niece is living with us has left me worn down. I'm considering re-entering the teaching field at the moment actually.

This discussion has been closed.