As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Best Friends Play

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It's an episode of Eternal Darkness IIRC.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There was a spooky house, in any case.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    It's the one with the creepy monster in the room with the shoes (or was it the mannequin room). It was an orphange or something and when you look at the photos on the wall, they talk.

I also remember Woolie being there for a game where they went down into some sewers and got lost.

• Options
    78-114-293-03.jpg

Oh, so that's it.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I also remember Woolie being there for a game where they went down into some sewers and got lost.

Not so much a game - more going to his apartment

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Oh. Yeah. It was that one where it's in Europe and you're wandering around an apartment complex with a HORRIBLE fish eye fucking lens and you can see your feet and corridors are incredibly narrow. Most of the play experience is hearing the incredibly loud thud thud thud of your footsteps.

Probably named something pretentious.

E: yup, Iledefonse

E2: Woolz enters the melee at around 19:40, though I suspect he was around for a few minutes before, just watching Pat freak out.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Just to correct some things from the latest podcast:

Harrison Ford isn't the lead in Episode VII and Darth Talon isn't a character from the old republic era as Woolie said, she originated in the Star Wars Legacy comic book which takes place atleast a hundred years after the empire fell at the end of ROTJ.

*adjusts nerd glasses and uses inhaler*

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I really like Waluigi, for the record, and I think he should totally get his own game. And regarding character traits, the thing about Luigi is that he lacks self confidence and he's afraid but courageous. Waluigi is arrogant and unafraid, but uncourageous. That's what I think.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I really like Waluigi, for the record, and I think he should totally get his own game. And regarding character traits, the thing about Luigi is that he lacks self confidence and he's afraid but courageous. Waluigi is arrogant and unafraid, but uncourageous. That's what I think.

@Bobkins Flymo

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    The Fall is super good!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Yeh, I bought it after like part 2 of the LP. Excellent game.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    'You are faulty."

"And you are irrelevant."
    Sick robot burn.

Awesomely original video game. Going to buy the hell out of the second part.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mNgAACHyuA

I thought of that King of Fighters-stage at the same moment as Matt and Liam.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Man it plays really well but nothing about Alpha 3 *looks* good apart from the animations and the fast battles. The presentation, art, interface and stages are... Ermph.

• Options
    Heh, doesn't help that it's coming after a month of Smash Bros and it's excellent presentation :P

I've always been more of a Tekken guy than Street Fighter, but really SF takes it with some of the lore, like Ryu giving Sagat the scar in a dishonorable attack, or that thing they mentioned in the podcast about Akuma dragging you to hell and attacking you with your own sins. Woof.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yakuza 5 has been announced for the west.

Fantastic future lets play confirmed/inevitable.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Heh, doesn't help that it's coming after a month of Smash Bros and it's excellent presentation :P

I've always been more of a Tekken guy than Street Fighter, but really SF takes it with some of the lore, like Ryu giving Sagat the scar in a dishonorable attack, or that thing they mentioned in the podcast about Akuma dragging you to hell and attacking you with your own sins. Woof.

All the canon survivals are basically people playing keepaway with their own souls so that it can't actually hit them.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    "Banning users from online play".

At least SBF don't swear.

PLA on
  • Options
    Uploading such controversial figures as Adolf Hitler or Charles Manson is also a bannable offence.

Benoit is Hitler tier, think about that!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Absalon on
  • Options
    I like Matt, but I will fight him on feathered dinosaurs. Just a big, pathetic dork slapfight about what dinos are best.

• Options
  • Options
    Thats probably going to go down as one of all my time favorite videos.

The british sakura tree!

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Thats probably going to go down as one of all my time favorite videos.

The british sakura tree!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FSMyC0CiDo

• Options
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Oh god...the delusional salt that Pat had when he thought he came just short. Oh lord it was great and would have been only better if just so.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-watch-psx-2014/

At 1:13 in, Pat literally squeals like a little girl.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

Oh god...the delusional salt that Pat had when he thought he came just short. Oh lord it was great and would have been only better if just so.

If only pat had seen all those green goo jars he blindly passed by, he'd actually have enough by the time he got to that save room

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Did my mind play tricks on me, or was a whole shelf he walked by basically nothing but goo-jars?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    And now Pat's PS4 GPU has melted and they're playing on Matt's.

How will Evil Within blight him next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpyu7C1HesM&list=UU84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

"YOU FORGOT THE COOKIES?!"

This new series is a great way to mix up the FNF episodes. I also like how Pat has confirmed his blank stare "gaze of despair" that he has when they're sitting on the couch. It's pretty much in line with what he did when I met the dudes at PAX and asked them for a reaction to Sonic 06. They were nice enough to sign my SCV arcade stick in the front there. Also, to validate the lore, Pat is really really short. I'm like 5'3" roughly and he was at least a couple inches shorter than me. Nice group of dudes in real life.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I had to watch that intro again. It's just so good. Woolie's facial expressions kill me.

The last couple years I've gone to Evo, I've had this hope that they'd go and I'd run into them. I'm not sure that they've gone since that time Woolie played against Daigo, though. Or if they have, I just never saw them. I suppose now that I actually listen to their podcast and stuff, I'll actually know rather than just hoping.

• Options
    Absalon wrote: »

"YOU FORGOT THE COOKIES?!"

This new series is a great way to mix up the FNF episodes. I also like how Pat has confirmed his blank stare "gaze of despair" that he has when they're sitting on the couch. It's pretty much in line with what he did when I met the dudes at PAX and asked them for a reaction to Sonic 06. They were nice enough to sign my SCV arcade stick in the front there. Also, to validate the lore, Pat is really really short. I'm like 5'3" roughly and he was at least a couple inches shorter than me. Nice group of dudes in real life.

This was the reaction? Oh my.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    The Evil Within hasn't crashed for me yet so far on PC. Fingers crossed that the patch did the job. I really wanna see what ng+ is like.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Dac wrote: »
    The Evil Within hasn't crashed for me yet so far on PC. Fingers crossed that the patch did the job. I really wanna see what ng+ is like.

I finished the game the other day. Never had a single crash, so either I was lucky or the stability has improved dramatically since Pat's attempt.

While I'm on the subject, I feel like the game's story raised about two dozen questions and answered maybe two of them.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »

It looks like this. (Really.)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    After watching it yet again, I realized that the hype video Pat references in the Friendcast was created by our very own SabreMau. Small world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG5H-c5S4jI&amp;channel=SabreMau

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Yakuza 5! The true believers have been rewarded! The faithful shall have their day!

Now the wait begins to see how Sega will screw it up. Still awesome news though.