As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Best Friends Play

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    I really hate it when they try a three person dynamic for the full LPs.

Woolie, Mat, and Pat feels way too crowded.

Their Heavy Rain LP was fantastic because the pacing of their comments and jokes flowed well, and no one was really yelling over each other. Pat was actually really chill in that LP. It felt like an old fashioned quality MST3K thing instead of "HEY! BERSERK/JOJOREFERENCE""I'MALSOYELLING". Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls suffered from having like three guys talking over each other.

Now, I don't hate Woolie. He can actually be pretty funny in the Machinima episodes and in two person LPs. The Wolf Among Us and Predator: Concrete Jungle were awesome.

However, I wish they would stop adding him to and making three person full LPs. It doesn't work well.
    I actually like Pat and Woolie best

Drop your shield

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    I really hate it when they try a three person dynamic for the full LPs.

Woolie, Mat, and Pat feels way too crowded.

Their Heavy Rain LP was fantastic because the pacing of their comments and jokes flowed well, and no one was really yelling over each other. Pat was actually really chill in that LP. It felt like an old fashioned quality MST3K thing instead of "HEY! BERSERK/JOJOREFERENCE""I'MALSOYELLING". Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls suffered from having like three guys talking over each other.

Now, I don't hate Woolie. He can actually be pretty funny in the Machinima episodes and in two person LPs. The Wolf Among Us and Predator: Concrete Jungle were awesome.

However, I wish they would stop adding him to and making three person full LPs. It doesn't work well.
    I actually like Pat and Woolie best

I think the Pat and Woolie combo is the best in terms of actually playing and completing a video game with some level of efficiency and attention to detail. Dunno if its always the most entertaining, though.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I like all of them, but especially Pat the most because he has a great endearing curmudgeon act but at the same time he gets into fits of hysteria and hype that I easily identify with.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Pat is oddly cute.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    we should all hug pat

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Pat is oddly cute.

most dogs are

woof

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu8BGFmfBeY

The hypest advertising on youtube!

PLA on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Wooooul-ee

Those shirts are pretty cool tho.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I've died and gone to Italy!

Oh my frick.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Man...I really gotta stop eating while watching the Evil Within videos.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Guys are probably going to lose their mind when they find out about the special edition of Dark Souls 2. New characters, new descriptions, new items.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Guys are probably going to lose their mind when they find out about the special edition of Dark Souls 2. New characters, new descriptions, new items.

Whaaaat.

That content better be cheap for existing owners or fuck you From Software.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Its free. Also graphics and lighting improvements

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options

I hate Tuesday announcements so much. didn't this news get out like an hour after the podcast released?

I might have to stop watching the evil within LP cause I actually really want to pick it up now. Even if that means ignoring Pat's warnings about the PC version.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Don't ignore those warnings. It crashed on me four times during the demo.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Wait, what on earth are you talking about

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Don't ignore those warnings. It crashed on me four times during the demo.

I had no issues with the demo, surprisingly, but I'm not about to take that as a sign that things are all totally fine. $16 is a hard price to pass up.

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Wait, what on earth are you talking about

Scholar of the First Sin.

• Options
    Botznoy wrote: »
    So something like the original advertised game? That'd be awesome! Only thing that could make it more awesome is going back to soul level matchmaking.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    What kind of horrible asshole do you have to be to actually suggest

*evil within spoilers*
    your friend go back in there for a pair of glasses and then let him?

I will not be sad if Johnathan dies.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

*evil within spoilers*

But how can shoot mans without eye?

PLA on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    So something like the original advertised game? That'd be awesome! Only thing that could make it more awesome is going back to soul level matchmaking.

The graphical improvements are only in the PS4/Xbone versions, along with an increase in maximum players for multiplayer. You'll also need to buy a separate "next-gen" version for PC to get those things, which is one of the most absurd ripoffs I've heard of in gaming.

• Options
    edited November 2014

*evil within spoilers*

But how can shoot mans without eye?
    Bah, he's fine, he's got an axe.

Don't need corrective lens to swing like a mad man.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Deans wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »

The graphical improvements are only in the PS4/Xbone versions, along with an increase in maximum players for multiplayer. You'll also need to buy a separate "next-gen" version for PC to get those things, which is one of the most absurd ripoffs I've heard of in gaming.

And here I was, hyped.

Release is still a ways out, so I'll reserve judgment. If it's something in the $10-15 range for existing owners on Steam to upgrade to the 'next gen' version, that's fine to me. It'd take some work to put back in the graphics that they ripped out before the original release, along with the couple other things they're adding. A number of games did and still do this when they cross generations, and it's worked out well for them.

But I am not paying full-fucking-price. From Software torched a lot of my goodwill when they neglected to inform players about the graphical downgrade in the original release of DS2. Asking me to pay for the whole game again so I can get what was advertised to me? Fuck that.

Again, we'll see which way they go. I hope to Gwyn they do the former.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ltlG7vrcak
    I give my life
    Not for honour, but for you

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJc2N0cxug&list=UU84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA

Happiness lays trapped in miseeerrrryyyy.. ;_;

Sonic still dreaming of absolution.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Hot fuck ya just stuck that goddamned song back in my head.

Could only ever bare this version. Guitars in my Sonic music plz, thank you.

Sonic Boom is such a beautiful disaster. Those rascals the Game Gurps had a live action scene at the start of a recent episode with Barry showing off the frame by frame reasons for why the cutscenes are so jank; the models snap into location every time the camera angle changes. Every. Fucking. Time.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I unironically love all of the music from Sonic Adventure to Sonic 06. It's my greatest shame.

Sometimes I boot up the theme from Shadow The Hedgehog and just think to myself in horror "what have I become?"

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I unironically love all of all the music from Sonic Adventure to Sonic 06. It's my greatest shame.

Sometimes I boot up the theme from Shadow The Hedgehog and just think to myself in horror "what have I become?"

All of you?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMPL3o1yi_U&list=UU84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA

At first I was pissed at Liam for making all the matches one sided again but then he took Mega Man and I was like "fuck yeah!"

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I need a gif of that bit on Wooly World where Ghirahim just repeatedly jumps through the floor and reappears from the ceiling.

• Options
    Was just reading a lil' bit of Best Friends Wiki and found the best lore;
    In part four of the Beyond Two Souls playthrough, Matt mentions that Woolie has ruined at least seven Christmases, and saved four.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    That reminded me that I needed to add some miis. Now I have good Iwata and Reggie.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Evil Within: The shot for shot remake of Resident Evil 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-CvmB-vw0E&list=UU84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA

"It's los Plagas! For fuck's sake, guys!"

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Wasn't there an LP where Woolie just happened to show up while they were recording? Cause I remember that being amazing.

What episode was that?

• Options
    It was a shitstorm.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    It was a shitstorm.

It's fine.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.