As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Sixth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament Part 1 (Preliminary Thread!)

• Options
    OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    Hufflepuff OotP? Selling out faster than Ravenclaw DE?! What sick world have I entered...

CA-CAAAWW!!

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    skarsol wrote: »
    evalorell wrote: »
    oh ya, first year representing Slytherin DE! but i'm confused, aren't all Slytherin Death Eaters? so will we receive emails/info on where this starts and the rules of the game? i'm a noob
    The first post on this thread will be updated with more details as time passes.
    Either that or Atlus will make another thread :P THE FUTURE IS UNCERTAIN!

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Ravenclaw DE was actually sold out for a short time, but it looks like Atlus is going through and purging improper registrations currently. :)

Deatheaters was full of cheaters? Who knew!?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    DelacroixDelacroix Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    evalorell wrote: »
    oh ya, first year representing Slytherin DE! but i'm confused, aren't all Slytherin Death Eaters? so will we receive emails/info on where this starts and the rules of the game? i'm a noob

It's a good question!

First, and I could be wrong so please feel free to correct me, but not all Slytherin are Death Eaters. At least in canon. Not all Slytherin are "evil" either. They just have a slick ruthlessness, ambition which may lead to a disposition to fall into the dark side easier than other houses.

Atlus will update the thread with a bit more information. Along this information will be a list of some of the expected "challenges" and where you will adventure for the night. You'll also receive a list of those who are helping your particular house in leading you to each location and ensuring people don't get left behind (yes, people sometimes get left behind.)

One challenge that pops out in my head from a few years ago: Find a member of the other house at the bar you're at. Each of you buy two shots of your choice (so 4 altogether.) Then, mix shots.

I ended up with a Tequila Sunrise mixed with a Prairie Fire. **shivers**

Delacroix on
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I signed my husband and I up for Hufflepuff. W

• Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Spot on! ;)

I Enforce first thing Friday morning and I have stayed to the end of every single TWDT I've helped run. Drink!

Crispy and I have been running Hufflepuff since 2010/2011. My friends drink on Ravenclaw but I come back to Hufflepuff every year because for most people it's their first PAX experience and I want it to be a FUN ONE. And that fun experience for me is when I'm getting people to donate money to charity and doing shots with strangers.

A lot of my best friends are on Ravenclaw, but I wouldn't have met any of my new best friends if I didn't run Hufflepuff, so it means a lot to me to make the experience an awesome one for newbies. Crispy is one of my FAVORITE people when it comes to running bar crawls and he knows his stuff!

Choose whatever team you wanna (um, unless you are gunning for Ravenclaw) and I guarantee you will have a smashing (smashed?) time. :D

- juju, Hufflepuff DE Head of House

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9fcb871478ed0a9debe8f47b7d81cb9f/tumblr_mqtaqx0xbV1rjtigto1_500.gif[/quote]

This event was my introduction into the whole PAX experience and one of the reasons I come back each year. My first year I didn't know anyone and ended up having one of the most fun (and drunken) nights of my life!!

juju is that super awesome bubbly person who just rocks the social end of things. I can't imagine a PAX without her smiling face <3
    We will try to get some neat raffle items lined up to raise even more money than last year, cuz you know we're all drinking for the kids!!!

For those that choose Hufflepuff OotP, we do have a Facebook group Hufflepuff OotP so feel free to join us there or PM me here.

zerzhul on
    vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    I chose OotP over DE based on the previous years challenges as I prefer light colored alcohols over dark. Was I correct in my presumption?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I chose OotP over DE based on the previous years challenges as I prefer light colored alcohols over dark. Was I correct in my presumption?

It's as good a method as any.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Bau5Bau5 PDXRegistered User regular

When it comes down to it, you do have a say on what you don't want to drink. From my experience, No one cares if you decide that you'd rather drink vodka than whiskey and vice versa. It's all about having fun :D

2015 PAX Prime: Badge(s) [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel [ ] TWDT replacement [ ] Party Pants [ ]

TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2012
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2013
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2014
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    So I ended up going Hufflepuff OotP. Because I want an excuse to wear BLACKANDYELLOW.

I met juju last year at the girl's meetup, she is definitely awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to this now, knowing she is one of the ones running Hufflepuff. c:

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    juju is def awesome, she runs Hufflepuff DE :)

• Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    AHHHHHHHH ;_;

I missed out on getting in the group I wanted because I took a nap ;_;

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular
    Ravenclaw OotP, once again. Ca-caw!

• Options
    DefiantBurritoDefiantBurrito Registered User new member
    Hi, I just signed up for Gryffindor - OotP with some friends!
    I'm not really a forum person, but I've been going to PAX for ~5 years and I've always wanted to try this. Hopefully I won't be shunned as an outsider. :)

• Options
    IstaIsta Radar Addict 253, WARegistered User regular
    Now I can't stay away from Etsy. Ravenclaw's diadem? Scarves and wands? Dark mark temporary tattoos? Ugh, shut up and take my money!

FC: 2552-1252-7290
  • Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Ok, i'll bite. First time TWDTer! Gryffindor OotP!!1! :D

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Hi, I just signed up for Gryffindor - OotP with some friends!
    I'm not really a forum person, but I've been going to PAX for ~5 years and I've always wanted to try this. Hopefully I won't be shunned as an outsider. :)

Shunning outsiders is not the way of the PAX way. Neither is it the way of drunken, friendly nerds. :-) Welcome. Lettuce drink together.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bau5 wrote: »

When it comes down to it, you do have a say on what you don't want to drink. From my experience, No one cares if you decide that you'd rather drink vodka than whiskey and vice versa. It's all about having fun getting drunk! :D
    Fixed it for you! :P

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    TonemanToneman Registered User regular
    Canceled my Hufflepuff Ootp and I'm using the DE my friend bought.

I heard about this last year and just had to do it. My liver is going to be Cedric Diggory by the end of this.

• Options
    CrimCrim Registered User new member
    I made it in cant wait to see all the people i met last year in Ravenclaw DE Ca Cawwwwww

• Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Yo, where the Gryffindor Death Eater love at? I'll be volunteering. You all know I'm awesome so come join me on the dark side.

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm crossing over this year. Last year I was on Gryffindor OotP and now I'll be joining Hufflepuff OotP.

BADGERBADGERBADGERBADGERBADGER

Last year I felt I was the only life of the party on Gryffindor, so hopefully Hufflepuff can be a good new home. SLYTHERIN DEATH EATERS, I'M COMING FOR YOU AGAIN! AND I'LL BE TAKING YOUR MEGAPHONE AGAIN!

• Options
    liaoxinxinliaoxinxin Registered User new member
    Do we need to show our PAX badges to get in?

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    liaoxinxin wrote: »

No, you need your ticket for the TWDT though.

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013

No, this has nothing to do with PAX. Just bring your tickets with the QR code or w/e (via the eventbrite app or printed).

Edit: I keep forgetting to ask. The Part 1 in the title for the Eventbrite, does this concern anyone else with there being a second part happening at PAX this year? Or am I thinking too far into it...

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    So shocked Huffle puff sold out so quickly! So glad I've stuck with yall for the last 3 years! hahaha!

• Options
    RawrrrAydaRawrrrAyda Registered User regular
    Can't wait to meet and drink with all of you...IN A MONTH!

@sophierocious
    HUFFLEPUFF!! '12-'13
  • Options
    namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    Chazzon wrote: »
    So shocked Huffle puff sold out so quickly! So glad I've stuck with yall for the last 3 years! hahaha!

I am as well. Considering most of them didn't actually show up last year.

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular

No, this has nothing to do with PAX. Just bring your tickets with the QR code or w/e (via the eventbrite app or printed).

Edit: I keep forgetting to ask. The Part 1 in the title for the Eventbrite, does this concern anyone else with there being a second part happening at PAX this year? Or am I thinking too far into it...

With the exception of Year 1 (since I didn't think there'd be a Year 2), the TWDT were supposed to match the storyline of the books year by year. The timeline got pushed up a bit for Year 4 due to some outside influence so in order to get things back on track I'm splitting Year 7 into Year 6 Part 1 and Year 6 Part 2 just like the movies.

Sometimes I am all about canon. :D

• Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular

I was just assuming the movie was in two parts so next year will be part 2. Also Gryffindor OoTP here, last year was the only time I actually felt hungover afterwards. Let's see if it happens again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

With the exception of Year 1 (since I didn't think there'd be a Year 2), the TWDT were supposed to match the storyline of the books year by year. The timeline got pushed up a bit for Year 4 due to some outside influence so in order to get things back on track I'm splitting Year 7 into Year 6 Part 1 and Year 6 Part 2 just like the movies.

Sometimes I am all about canon. :D

Which is very cool, I didn't know you skipped a year/combined a year however which lead to my question.

Very cool though, I appreciate the authenticity and how much thought actually goes into these.

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    So I tried to PM everyone who signed up for Ravenclaw but a lot of the forum names given at registration I couldn't find on here. For those that didn't get a PM, if you'd like a scarf for $11 then send me a PM. Need to know in the next day or so in order to see if we can make minimums.

scarf.png

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    If I wasn't a free-yet-ever-so-faithful House Elf, I would want to be a Canadian Ravenclaw for that scarf alone.

• Options
    camietccamietc Registered User new member
    Slytherin DE! Excited to see you all again. Can't wait :lol:

• Options
    eskalatorkideskalatorkid Registered User regular
    yo slytherin . . . where you at?!?
    I kinda want the Badgers to wreck house . . . i root for underdogs . . .

• Options
    Yay! Fellow Slytherins! You will make the House Elves (Enigmas and myself for OotP and DE, respectively) so happy. Spicy-ba!

• Options
    skarsol wrote: »
    So I tried to PM everyone who signed up for Ravenclaw but a lot of the forum names given at registration I couldn't find on here. For those that didn't get a PM, if you'd like a scarf for $11 then send me a PM. Need to know in the next day or so in order to see if we can make minimums.

scarf.png

I'm not even on Ravenclaw and I want one D:

• Options
    Jack_CRKHJack_CRKH Registered User new member
    Slytherin DE! Huzzah! Long live our Dark Lord!
    (we are only in the sixth book right? ... so I can still dream of his domination of the wizarding world!)

• Options
    Smudge2626Smudge2626 Registered User regular
    Gryffindor!! Switching from OotP to DE this year. Well, missed it until now and had no choice but to switch. Still going to represent!

• Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    Come people, join me and friends in Slytherin OotP!

Clever enough to get you well and drunk, good enough to slow it down when you having a hard time standing. Also, less emo than those other Slytherins.

This discussion has been closed.