As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy X

• Options
    DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Magna Carta was a beautiful game visually and musically... if only the story didn't have me all kinds of confused, and it didn't suffer from the worst localization of all time.
    Tears of Blooooooooooooooood

The art was beautiful, if unproportioned, but the actual in game shots weren't anything special if I remember correctly. I remember playing it for about an hour and then trading it in for Shadow of the Colossus

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DekuStick wrote: »
    FFXII is pretty unforgiving. I'll get stuck somewhere and realize "Oh I can't just random battle and level up I'm going to have to start over". That's only because I had room for only one save though. Fucking bullshit.

Not sure I can figure out how you pulled that off. Were you saving in a single slot deep in a dungeon with no potions or something? The save points can heal you, and enemies do respawn after a time. Some faster than others. Those bridges in the Lushu Mines were famous for the near limitless supply of undead you can chain together for good loot.

Namrok on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DeVryGuy wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Magna Carta was a beautiful game visually and musically... if only the story didn't have me all kinds of confused, and it didn't suffer from the worst localization of all time.
    Tears of Blooooooooooooooood

The art was beautiful, if unproportioned, but the actual in game shots weren't anything special if I remember correctly. I remember playing it for about an hour and then trading it in for Shadow of the Colossus

Mostly the in-game overworld. It really felt like it went on forever. The artwork was nice too, but what really impressed me was the atmosphere.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Blasphemy! Blitzball is the King of all fictional water-based sports!

I loved it, anyway. It just seemed as such a natural execution of a sport-jrpg hybrid. And it was always exciting finding a new player in towns.
    Blitzball was fantastic, until they destroyed it in FFX-2 with the commander-esque approach.

And I'll never understand why people shit on the voice acting in FFX. Honestly, aside from the goofy laugh scene, which is horrible and cringe-worthy (although I think that was part of the point), I thought the voice acting was really good. Yuna's VA is like Flonne's VA in Disgaea -- the voice itself may be a bit irritating, but it fits the character perfectly.

And Wakka. Wakka! C'mon, brudda!
    I will outright say that as a huge FF fan I think that, yeah... FFX gets a lot of unfair criticizm and it is a great game. But you know what gets even more and is an even better game? FFX-2.

One of the best Job systems in the entire series, written off because it has a girly 'slumber party' atmosphere and because SE went a bit crazy on the skimpy clothes.
    FFX and FFX-2 can both be had for crazy cheap used now (probably $10 or under each). Definitely check them out. FFX's plot and twists may seem a bit dated now, but it's still very solid.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    DeVryGuy wrote: »
    X-2 is worth trying out at least. It's a great game in it's own right, however the storyline makes you feel like your watching some rejected barbies cartoon from the 80s and is a little hard to swallow.

Sure, the tone is more lightweight, but it's hardly as bad as you're making out. To be honest, the only time I felt my teeth grinding in X-2 was when Brother opened his mouth (HEY I'M CRAZY RRROGERRRR).

Bogart on
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The dungeons were weak and boring, the story even if it evokes some feelings is way to soapy and the "puzzles" were hideous. Also, too much cutscenes. It's not a bad game, but not that good either.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow a thread giving praise to both X and X-2! I'm shocked and overjoyed!

The battle system in X-2 was fantastic; it was so fast-paced you couldn't flinch for a second. I love the multitasking element: you could choose something in a different character's menu while tapping R2 to shoot the gunner's guns, etc. It's a hard game to come back to after you've stopped for awhile. I wish it had a more fleshed out story, because it seemed like a proof of concept. I was a bit disappointed XII didn't use this system.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FFX-2 still has the best battle system I've ever seen in a Final Fantasy game.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FFX = second best Final Fantasy after FFXII

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wow a thread giving praise to both X and X-2! I'm shocked and overjoyed!

The battle system in X-2 was fantastic; it was so fast-paced you couldn't flinch for a second. I love the multitasking element: you could choose something in a different character's menu while tapping R2 to shoot the gunner's guns, etc. It's a hard game to come back to after you've stopped for awhile. I wish it had a more fleshed out story, because it seemed like a proof of concept. I was a bit disappointed XII didn't use this system.
    I haven't been keeping eyes on it, but I could potentially see FFXIII taking heavy cues from FFX-2's battle engine, as far as the maddening whirlwind of activity. It's what I liked about it, too, but I also loved the ability to flip between jobs on the fly without having to manage much equipment. Each girl had about 4-5 specialties, so I always had something to do instead of just hitting Defend as a healer.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FFX is definatley worth a play through. Combats allright, story's medicore, ending is FANTASTIC(barring FFX-2).

Heh, it even has a couple of relationship based alterations to the story, depending on which girl you talk to the most. I got Lulu.
    Okay, so she basically wants to fuck Tidus because she looks like her old flame....But I'm sure as hell not going to complain.

I'd say it's greatest strength is that, even though the cast is mediocre, Auron's character/story as well as Tidus backstory basically drag the game to decent levels of awesomness.

So, yes, definatley worth a playthrough.

Oh, and play FFX-2 for the job system, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GET THE "TRUE"ENDING.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Drez wrote: »

lol... Wait. Are you being serious? I see *snigger*

I hope this starts a new round of FFrankings. Always fun.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FFX is definatley worth a play through. Combats allright, story's medicore, ending is FANTASTIC(barring FFX-2).

Heh, it even has a couple of relationship based alterations to the story, depending on which girl you talk to the most. I got Lulu.
    Okay, so she basically wants to fuck Tidus because she looks like her old flame....But I'm sure as hell not going to complain.

I'd say it's greatest strength is that, even though the cast is mediocre, Auron's character/story as well as Tidus backstory basically drag the game to decent levels of awesomness.

So, yes, definatley worth a playthrough.

Oh, and play FFX-2 for the job system, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GET THE "TRUE"ENDING.

Um, why not? I never did get it, but I figure
    Yuna actually gets Tidus back?

Is there something wrong with that?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Laugh all you want, chucklefuck. It's one of the best Final Fantasies.

The reason I like it so much is that I generally hate constricting classes in RPGs, so the license board and the sphere grid adhere more to my ideal.

The other reason? CTB. So much better than ATB. Fuck ATB. Fuck it in its ass.

I do have to admit that FFXII is more epic, whereas FFX is often far too linear. Even FFX-2 is less linear. FFX-2 gets a nod from me for being the only ATB system I can stand, because it's just so damn tense.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What's the C in CTB stand for?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I liked FFX mostly because I got it for ten bucks at a pawn shop

The sphere system was brilliant in my opinion and despite most people thinking the story was crap, I actually enjoyed it!

But FFX-2

Oh man

The only reason I tolerated it as long as I did was because I got it also for ten bucks at a pawn shop

It took a lot of stuff I liked about the original game and had all the fun beaten out of it by a hired thug named Leo

Who is this airhead pretending to be Yuna, and why does the dialog sound like it was written by 13 year old girls

And while I admit that the battle system is better than the original, and the job system rocks, I simply couldn't stand the game long enough to finish it. I think I got as far as the hot spring scene at Mt. Gagazet before I felt like I needed to drill a hole in my head just to let all the dumb out

It sits on my shelf now, collecting dust. Maybe one day I'll lock my room and finish it, so no one will know I'm playing FFX-2

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jclast wrote: »
    What's the C in CTB stand for?

Conditional, as in conditions change the turn order.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yes, yes there is somthing horribly, HORRIBLY wrong with that. HORRIBLY.
    Whole theme of the game was about sacrifice. Yuna was going to sacrifice herself to give them peace for a few decades. Tidus was all "FUCK that noise I don't care if I won't exist anymore I'm saving the fucking world PERMENANTLY". Fuck, even the summons decided that this shit has to stop and gave themselves up to stop Yunalesca, or whatever that stupid guy was called. He gave his life so that he could stop a permanent cycle.

And the end, fuck man, the ENDING. It was glorius, brought a tear to my eye.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

The reason I like it so much is that I generally hate constricting classes in RPGs, so the license board and the sphere grid adhere more to my ideal.

I do have to admit that FFXII is more epic, whereas FFX is often far too linear. Even FFX-2 is less linear. FFX-2 gets a nod from me for being the only ATB system I can stand, because it's just so damn tense.

If by 'one of the best' you mean 'possibly barely scraping into the top 6 or 7' then yes, I agree.

I also agree that ATB sucks. However, your 'CTB' is worse. It's all so messy and... well, it goes in the wrong direction as far as I'm concerned. X fo' lyfe, bitches.
    I honestly can't see the attraction of FFXII. I was prepared to give it a chance. Preordered, excited as hell. But then it arrived and was just... ugh. Am I supposed to like Basche after the intro? Why can't I change the camera control axis (since I could in Dirge of Cerberus)? Why is some welshy narrator telling me what I just saw? I know what I saw! I saw it! And now he's telling me what I'm about to see. So helpful! Is this story actually about anything, or is it just some random nonsense fantasy kingdom? I see all the archetypes are ready... shall we play?

No.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Who is this airhead pretending to be Yuna,
    Not enough lime in the world.

FFX Yuna was thoughtful, timid, and dedicated to her cause. This one was like the bastard love child between FFX Yuna and Capcom's Dante, dual-wielding retard pistols.

Still, the job system was super-great, despite battles being long episodes of otaku magical girl dressup.

As for FFX itself, the main game is awesome-sauce, but all the sidequests make me want to vomit. Dodge 200 lightning strikes in a row? Beat an impossibly bad racing game? CATCH KIMAHRI'S BUTTERFLIES!? Not only did the mini-games suck, but they had no discernable connection to the rewards. Why would anyone even guess that collecting that stuff would get you the someone's ultimate weapon?

EDIT:
    You might have a better time with FFX if you play it for the main quest and ignore sidequests like the ultimate weapons and monster ranch arena.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Am I supposed to like Basche after the intro?
    Not until about a 1/3rd of the way through the game.

The thing I didn't like about FFXII was it took too long to get going. An hour in and you finally get to attack! Another hour in and you finally get a 2nd person! Another hour in and you can turn on the gambits. Two more hours and you can actually configure the gambits yourself. 3 hours later and you can actually use the license board.

I mean I'm all for introducing you to the game gradually as opposed to drowning you into it all at once, but for the love of god, give me the basic gameplay mechanics at least!

Namrok on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

If by 'one of the best' you mean 'possibly barely scraping into the top 6 or 7' then yes, I agree.

I also agree that ATB sucks. However, your 'CTB' is worse. It's all so messy and... well, it goes in the wrong direction as far as I'm concerned. X fo' lyfe, bitches.
    I honestly can't see the attraction of FFXII. I was prepared to give it a chance. Preordered, excited as hell. But then it arrived and was just... ugh. Am I supposed to like Basche after the intro? Why can't I change the camera control axis (since I could in Dirge of Cerberus)? Why is some welshy narrator telling me what I just saw? I know what I saw! I saw it! And now he's telling me what I'm about to see. So helpful! Is this story actually about anything, or is it just some random nonsense fantasy kingdom? I see all the archetypes are ready... shall we play?

No.

I say this with the utmost kindness and cmpassion that I can muster for your poor soul.
    SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY THE GAME PAST THE PROLOGUE. DO IT. PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

DO NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ON THE GAMES STORY IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED FOR MORE THEN TWO HOURS.

Seriously man. Don't judge a book by it's cover, and don't judge a game by it's prologue.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

No.

I say this with the utmost kindness and cmpassion that I can muster for your poor soul.
    SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY THE GAME PAST THE PROLOGUE. DO IT. PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

DO NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ON THE GAMES STORY IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED FOR MORE THEN TWO HOURS.

Seriously man. Don't judge a book by it's cover, and don't judge a game by it's prologue.

1) If kinda have to judge a game by its prologue, just like I judge books by their prologues. Games are not entitled to a free pass for the first handful of hours. I'm a busy man grumble, grumble.

2) In the time I played, I found the game frustrating to control (that axis thing just irked me something terrible), and the battle system completly the opposite of what I like.

3) Nothing I've read about the development of the battle system through the game, or the plot, has struck me as any more worthy of attention.

4) Oh yeah, once I gave up on it, I pawned the game off on my little brother. I was occasionally in the same room as him as he played. In that time I realised a) Fran's voice grates on me horribly b) Balthier's dialogue is bland, and I expected him to be some kind of saving grace and c) Combat is definitly not what I like.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Namrok wrote: »

Thing about that is, right from the start I knew he'd be a party member. Kind of turned me off about the whole thing.

I'm sure there's some twist or other to justify what happened, but frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007

The thing I didn't like about FFXII was it took too long to get going. An hour in and you finally get to attack! Another hour in and you finally get a 2nd person! Another hour in and you can turn on the gambits. Two more hours and you can actually configure the gambits yourself. 3 hours later and you can actually use the license board.

You're exaggerating it by, oh, a million miles. You can attack right after the intro when you play as Reks. You get the License Board way before you get into Gambits, pretty soon after getting control of Vaan. And then you get the Gambits right after Balthier and Fran join up.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Bogart wrote: »

You're exaggerating it by, oh, a million miles. You can attack right after the intro when you play as Reks. You get the License Board way before you get into Gambits, pretty soon after getting control of Vaan. And then you get the Gambits right after Balthier and Fran join up.

Well I mean yeah, I exaggerated, but thats what if felt like. I mean I still played the game through to completion, and in the end loved it, but I sympathize with people who just went "forget it" instead.

Namrok on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Can we please talk about Final Fantasy 10?

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    How are you doing this assassin, how? I would like to know how, really?
    The Prologue ends with Basche killing the king, AND THEN KILLING THE CHARACTER YOUR PLAYING AS.

How can you not be interestead with what happens next?

I mean, sure, the whole "Introduction to Vaan" part after that might be a little dull, but as soon as you try and steal the dawn shard, the whole story kicks it's gears into awesome and never looks back. Vaan goes from spunky main hero to "who the fuck is he again?And why is he in this party of badasses?" in the course of 30 minutes.

Edit: Pata, gladly. Seriously, what the fuck happend here? It was all FFX was pretty good and then it was all FFXII sucks balls lol.

Anywho, I REALLY liked FFX battle system for some reason. The flexibility of being able to use all your party members, with a nice organized turn order bar on the side really made it feel like you had some sort of control over the fights.

I mean, the ATB system is nice and all, however, I just like the feeling of being prepared, over the feeling of OH MY GOD HURRY THE FUCK UP AND CAST NOOOO!!!

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    Can we please talk about Final Fantasy 10?
    Sadly, any thread vaguely revolving around one of the console FFs inevitably gets drawn into an FFRankings discussion, and then someone brings up FF12 and then another person brings up FF6 and then a third person says "Screw than FF8 was the best" and it all goes to hell.

Drez made a good point about the FFs that encourage open-ended customization, and I thought FFX's Sphere Grid was a nice approach to balancing character "classes" with the capacity to tweak out your characters the way you wanted to. At the beginning, everyone kind of goes along their individual tracks, but once you unlock a few of the barriers you can start branching out any way you wanted to. It always got frustrating when you're short on ability or speed spheres, though, which I remember happening quite a bit.

But it was cool; you could play it straight and move along each character's pre-set Sphere Grid path, or you could sequence-break by waiting at a barrier on the grid until you could unlock it and then branching out somewhere totally different.

Lunker on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    1) If kinda have to judge a game by its prologue, just like I judge books by their prologues. Games are not entitled to a free pass for the first handful of hours. I'm a busy man grumble, grumble.

2) In the time I played, I found the game frustrating to control (that axis thing just irked me something terrible), and the battle system completly the opposite of what I like.

3) Nothing I've read about the development of the battle system through the game, or the plot, has struck me as any more worthy of attention.

4) Oh yeah, once I gave up on it, I pawned the game off on my little brother. I was occasionally in the same room as him as he played. In that time I realised a) Fran's voice is incredibly hot b) Balthier's dialogue is...a saving grace and c) Combat is definitly not what I like.
    I don't normally fix quotes, but there you go. :lol:

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The battle system of 12 was incredibly easy if you came from an 11 background. I know thats a complain of a lot of people because it was MMO-ish but i liked it.

if I didnt say it before X rocked. Best game of the entire series imo and I've played most. The ending, while its been said a lot in this thread, is epic. worthy of a well-written novel I think. Sin was a much more interesting antagonist than any other in the whole series. Only one with any real depth at all as far as I'm concerned.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    templewulf wrote: »

4) Oh yeah, once I gave up on it, I pawned the game off on my little brother. I was occasionally in the same room as him as he played. In that time I realised a) Fran's voice is incredibly hot b) Balthier's dialogue is...a saving grace and c) Combat is definitly not what I like.

To be honest I never got what was so great about Balthier's dialog either. And Fran's bizarre accent drove me up a wall too. It felt like the audio equivalent of those scenes in horror movies where they film people walking backwards, and then reverse it, so the person is walking forwards again, but it just looks wrong.

Namrok on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    How are you doing this assassin, how? I would like to know how, really?
    The Prologue ends with Basche killing the king, AND THEN KILLING THE CHARACTER YOUR PLAYING AS.

How can you not be interestead with what happens next?

I mean, sure, the whole "Introduction to Vaan" part after that might be a little dull, but as soon as you try and steal the dawn shard, the whole story kicks it's gears into awesome and never looks back. Vaan goes from spunky main hero to "who the fuck is he again?And why is he in this party of badasses?" in the course of 30 minutes.

The Basche thing was kind of a small part of my dislike. Pretty much nitpicking.

Anyway, I actually quit just before the whole 'let's go steal something cos we're totally rebels' bit. By that point I had realised it wasn't my kind of game, from a mechanical side.

But also, while I knew little of the story, I had become aquainted with how the story would be told. The manner in which the first few parts were related was, frankly, no where near the standards I demand of something that I'll spend dozens of hours on. It was lazy, uninteresting, and I spent a great deal of time making sarcy comments while stuff was happening.

This should not happen in a game I want to take seriously.

I feel vindicated in that nothing I saw from later in the story proved any different (although my brother also quit playing it at some point... maybe 20-30 hours in, I dunno, so I haven't seen the end obviously).

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    templewulf wrote: »

To be honest I never got what was so great about Balthier's dialog either. And Fran's bizarre accent drove me up a wall too. It felt like the audio equivalent of those scenes in horror movies where they film people walking backwards, and then reverse it, so the person is walking forwards again, but it just looks wrong.

Her accent was awkward, and her delivery stilted and unnatural. Even more so than most VG voices. I could not listen to it.

And just because he says it in a british accent, doesn't make what Balthier has to say any more interesting.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I feel vindicated in that nothing I saw from later in the story proved any different (although my brother also quit playing it at some point... maybe 20-30 hours in, I dunno, so I haven't seen the end obviously).

if you didnt like it that far in then you never would. the ending was unimpressive and I'm a guy who really liked the game.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sonos wrote: »

if you didnt like it that far in then you never would. the ending was unimpressive and I'm a guy who really liked the game.

I didn't really see much of that 20-30 hours to be honest. Just the odd cutscene and 10-15 mins of gameplay every now and again.

But still, I can safely and (not at all) objectively rank the game in the lower half of FFs.

Unlike X, which is probably top three. [/opinions]

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    SilvanosSilvanos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    X is easily my favourite Final Fantasy. Bollocks to the statement that the graphics don't hold up, this game still looks amazing after 4 or 5 years. The storyline is fantabulous, the battle system is a blast, the sphere grid was original AND didn't suck. This game gets alot of flak, as said before, and I don't know why.

Silvanos on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think FFX doesn't get enough credit for it's battle system. It's easily the best combat in the series.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I also found it impossible to get into X. I have both X, and X-2, and I have no idea if they will ever be played because the introduction to X is so terrible. Not only is the game boring to play, I really felt disconnected from the game world because, basically, the don't fucking bother to introduce it. Shit just starts happening.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I didn't really see much of that 20-30 hours to be honest. Just the odd cutscene and 10-15 mins of gameplay every now and again.

But still, I can safely and (not at all) objectively rank the game in the lower half of FFs.

Unlike X, which is probably top three. [/opinions]

12 imo was all about the battle system and good ideas with marks and such while 10 was story story story. I admit it was frustrating when you'd get to a cutscene to move along and have to level up for a few hours to see what happened next. with the story arc being somewhat confusing it became cumbersome.

I compare the two because they were both ps2, had graphics similarites and cause i feel like it.

X > XII but I really enjoyed both

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png