As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fjord [Chat]

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i legit think my favorite pax east thing ever was a nice italian dinner with bros after the chaff had left (scrubs like sig, hakks, etc)

30-person-events are cool like, one night

trying to arrange it for anything else is horrible

crying

avfacing too i bet

sig.gif
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Went looking for Donkey erotica. Found things I should've uploaded.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i legit think my favorite pax east thing ever was a nice italian dinner with bros after the chaff had left (scrubs like sig, hakks, etc)

crying

it totes would have been nice with you also

i just feel like i can only handle a huge group of lurkers and friends of friends and all that for one night running

i make the trip for friends mostly so my closest memories are smaller dinners or when i'm seated exclusively with friends or whatever

plus wrangling 25 people and getting them to agree on cuisine and time and all that is just a real nightmare (for me, at least. some people thrive on that stuff i guess)

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Depressing education thread has sapped my will to [chat]

G'night.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

Yeah that dinner with you in NYC was the worst

Those margaritas were amazing!

Did we have margaritas?

I just remember PBR

And then whiskey at Arlene's

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    j crew makes clothes for keebler elves. Go in there over 6 ft tall and you can get some sweet midriff tops and capris.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    j crizzy fits me perfectly

i lurvs it

yes i am a midget

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK A MOOSLIM CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVOR?!?!

[–]RezaAslan 2207 points 8 hours ago
    OK folks let's get the party started.
    [–]ArcticMonkeyBall 2781 points 8 hours ago
    What makes you qualified to answer questions in this thread?
    permalinkparent
    [–]TheHolimeister 1445 points 8 hours ago
    He's a muslim. And, y'know, that's relevant. Sort of.
    permalinkparent
    [–]sfbaysailor85 730 points 8 hours ago
    Yeah, because we all know that Muslims can't study Jesus
    permalinkparent
    [–]notjesus75 500 points 7 hours ago
    and Jesus can't study Muslims
    permalinkparent
    [–]omeyy 796 points 7 hours ago
    and study can't Muslim Jesus
    permalinkparent
    [–]oldschoolcool 590 points 7 hours ago
    and Muslim Jesus can't study

So It Goes on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    j crew makes clothes for keebler elves. Go in there over 6 ft tall and you can get some sweet midriff tops and capris.
    Eddy wrote: »
    j crizzy fits me perfectly

i lurvs it

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

crying

it totes would have been nice with you also

i just feel like i can only handle a huge group of lurkers and friends of friends and all that for one night running

i make the trip for friends mostly so my closest memories are smaller dinners or when i'm seated exclusively with friends or whatever

plus wrangling 25 people and getting them to agree on cuisine and time and all that is just a real nightmare (for me, at least. some people thrive on that stuff i guess)

it's the worst

• Options
    i think eating like a shark at guy's place was a bad choice because jesus christ how did i spend 70 bucks on lacquered hawaiian chicken and mango puree margaritas

but it was worth it to get all my nyc bro's together

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    i started a fantasy book i really, really didn't like the other day by 'david gemmell'. it seems like he's p well regarded but i found the thick, stupefying odor of high fantasy + flashbacks + character names + lore + land names to be overwhelming.

I don't think David Gemmell is highly regarded by anyone except people who mainly read fantasy
    \
    that is the problem. you cannot trust what people who are in too deep have to say, because they have lost perspective. they recommend books based on whether or not the magic system is different from the last fantasy trilogy they read.

On a whim, I bought an anthology of Warcraft universe fiction. There was one by I think Richard Knaack, who's pretty well regarded in fantasy circles afaik.

It was like all the dumb tropes of fantasy novels you can imagine, but with Warcraft names.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Banana Republic is the best. Most flattering cuts. Shirts that don't untuck and pants that don't hit mid-calf when I sit.

• Options
    i think eating like a shark at guy's place was a bad choice because jesus christ how did i spend 70 bucks on lacquered hawaiian chicken and mango puree margaritas

Ugh

Lacquered chicken

Seriously

How is that food

"After we grill the chicken, we bring it over to bob's furniture and throw a few coats of lacquer on it to seek the deal"

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    i started a fantasy book i really, really didn't like the other day by 'david gemmell'. it seems like he's p well regarded but i found the thick, stupefying odor of high fantasy + flashbacks + character names + lore + land names to be overwhelming.

I don't think David Gemmell is highly regarded by anyone except people who mainly read fantasy
    \
    that is the problem. you cannot trust what people who are in too deep have to say, because they have lost perspective. they recommend books based on whether or not the magic system is different from the last fantasy trilogy they read.

On a whim, I bought an anthology of Warcraft universe fiction. There was one by I think Richard Knaack, who's pretty well regarded in fantasy circles afaik.

It was like all the dumb tropes of fantasy novels you can imagine, but with Warcraft names.

Half of that is how Knaack writes and half of that is Metzen being in control of everything

• Options
    i like BR a lot also

• Options
    AMA, huh? Reza Aslan is definitely capitalizing on that viral video to promote his book/himself -- which is not A Bad Thing, I should make clear. Just, his agent probably shit a brick when he saw how many YouTube hits that FOX News video got.

Which is all To the Good, imho; Reza Aslan is a gentleman and I guess that other thing (but not on Christianity).

• Options
    I've grown weary of shorts weather

Let us embrace the coming of jacket season

• Options
    i think jcrew only fits you akwardly because your'e built so solidly, dk. it doesn't seem long enough because it's straining over your apelike shoulders and sicilian python neck

many of my tall, statuesque friends from jiu jitsu and running love jcrew

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    BR is great for buying one thing and then having no more money and its a polo or yuppie looking button down

• Options
    Banana Republic is the best. Most flattering cuts. Shirts that don't untuck and pants that don't hit mid-calf when I sit.

DK you should look at some boutique or local places if they have them in Boston; I'm sure the Cambridge area has some stuff

• Options
    [–]Nacho_Papi 689 points 7 hours ago
    I was just amazed on how you kept your cool with that woman. I would have lost it after the 2 time you had to explain that writing about religions was your actual job.
    [–]RezaAslan 2643 points 7 hours ago
    When you are a brown Muslim man from Iran talking about Jesus you must always remain calm :)

• Options

\

Half of that is how Knaack writes and half of that is Metzen being in control of everything

The hard-fightin', hard-fartin' drunken dwarf gryphon rider was initially quite skeptical of the mysterious elf and wizard, but eventually succumbed to her indescribable beauty and befriended her.

That's about where I stopped reading.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I dont think Ive ever seen a BR up here but they must exist

• Options
  • Options
    Also the BR in my area is like a closet. If I go in there and someone stops me asking if I need help, saying no and moving on would double the amount of time I'd need to see everything.

• Options
    AMA, huh? Reza Aslan is definitely capitalizing on that viral video to promote his book/himself -- which is not A Bad Thing, I should make clear. Just, his agent probably shit a brick when he saw how many YouTube hits that FOX News video got.

Which is all To the Good, imho; Reza Aslan is a gentleman and I guess that other thing (but not on Christianity).

Just to be clear.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Well now I'm confused.

• Options
    That guy has the same name as a talking lion.

• Options
    When we were in high school my sister worked at BR, and I got all the discounts.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    that picture of skippy's butt makes it look like i'm grasping my penis

• Options
    Huh
    Mary was the one immaculately conceived not Jesus apparently.
    TodayIlearned.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    i like BR a lot also

: D

I'm glad chu

When did you go there?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Ugh

Lacquered chicken

Seriously

How is that food

"After we grill the chicken, we bring it over to bob's furniture and throw a few coats of lacquer on it to seek the deal"

Oh margaritas was another chu meetup from ages ago.

Guy fieri's ironic dining was da bes

• Options
    The foxes are named John and Adam. One has a lazy eye.

Just fyi.

• Options

\

Warcraft never really had a solid foundation for a universe IMO.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That guy has the same name as a talking lion.

The talking lion was a metaphor for Jesus!

He is qualified after all!!

• Options

Get paid!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    what does the AMA have to do with that?

I was expecting a medical doctor

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.