As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thy Next [Chat] Is...

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Man

fuck people

why would you make a babby and then do that

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I need more games where freezing to death is a central mechanic.

Also we need other things to talk about than a child dying alone in the dark from a wound his parents gave him.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-23224826
    Four-year-old Daniel Pelka's life was one of such "extreme cruelty" in the run up to his death that a sibling felt compelled to hide food for him while he was being starved by his parents.

Daniel was denied food, force-fed salt, held under the water in a bath until unconscious and regularly beaten.

He was also imprisoned in a box-room and died alone in the dark from a head injury in March 2012.

Despite appearing to be a happy little boy when he started school in Coventry, teachers saw Daniel become "thinner and thinner in front of their eyes" and said his uniform was "hanging off him".

Jurors at Birmingham Crown Court heard he looked like a concentration camp victim; his lunchbox contained half a sandwich and he tried to eat food from school bins.

i hope we'll learn why this happened.

This is horrifying. and so sad.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I always wonder how insane people find each other.

it's the 21st century, Cous... They use Facebook.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Also we need other things to talk about than a child dying alone in the dark from a wound his parents gave him.

Oh jesus christ yes.

Anything.
    How about that local sports team?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    also what was that tonic syrup called deebs

Haber Tonic

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

"Don't Freeze"

• Options
    edited July 2013

Like a Thing game, but better than that one they made?

Cause I think nowadays, a Thing game could be fan fucking tastic.

Made by the guys who did Spec Ops, mayhaps.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Lost Planet 1?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    when we were like, 9 we had to read a book in school that was about a kid being abused by his mother

and then during the war he got sent away to live out in the country with an old man

and all of the kids fears of being abused manifested in really weird ways

like the man stoked the fire and the kid vomited because he assumed he was going to be branded for misbehaving

that part has always stuck with me

• Options
    lighting a fire because you're going to freeze to death otherwise

but it's dark out, and lighting a fire means that anybody who might be skulking out there among the drifts can see you

a bit like throwing flares in day z except throwing flares in day z was never a good idea, until zombies could get distracted by them, where it became a bad idea of some marginal utility at least

me and my mates reacted like sharks to blood when we saw a flare

that means there was someone there, and that we had an opportunity to get the drop on them since we know they're here but they don't know we're here

predatory instinct kicking in

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    my dream game would be about trying not to freeze to death and brutally murdering your fellow man

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I apparently have 9,005 points

whatever that means

insert joke i don't fully understand because it's from some animu somethingorother i never watched

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    my dream game would be about trying not to freeze to death and brutally murdering your fellow man

I... am disturbed by this, but not surprised.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Lost Planet 1?

that was the stupidest "freezing to death" mechanic I have ever seen

you could freeze to death standing right next to molten lava, because heat isn't, as you might have thought, related to temperature, but it's actually these globs dropped by monsters.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

abdhy likes his games to basically be like his real life

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    No babies for anyone until you pass a short course in basic baby raising skills.

If you don't pass, please follow the Nurse to the "no more babby for you" unit.

7 billion + people = we can afford to restrict our breeding a bit

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tav wrote: »
    when we were like, 9 we had to read a book in school that was about a kid being abused by his mother

and then during the war he got sent away to live out in the country with an old man

like the man stoked the fire and the kid vomited because he assumed he was going to be branded for misbehaving

i don't remember the name but i read one where the mom beat the kid up and threw him in the bathroom. once he was in there, she took some tubing or hose or whatever and ran it under the door, with the other side in a bucket of ammonia or bleach or whatever

used the fumes to knock him out cold or something?

i'm going way back in the memory banks

it was fucking awful though

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    why the fuck did i have to click chat right now

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    No babies for anyone until you pass a short course in basic baby raising skills.

Babby ID laws.

• Options
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

While probably a huge invasion of rights, not allowing psychopaths to have children would also guarantee that politicians can't have children.

• Options
    Did you guys hear the one about the kid who had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crust cut off for lunch and then went back outside to play?

• Options

like day z, but with less zombies, and more wintery

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Hahaha, and you don't think this would lead to the sterilization of minorities and the underclasses?

i sure hope you're naive and not malicious.

• Options
    it's hard to go skiing in the dark of winter with the winds howling around you and not think about how this is all the world right now

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Chanus wrote: »
    Did you guys hear the one about the kid who had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crust cut off for lunch and then went back outside to play?

Sounds abusive.

i mean, outside? That's where stranger danger happens!

21stCentury on
  • Options

Hahaha, and you don't think this would lead to the sterilization of minorities and the underclasses?

Okay, no more babies for 21sCentury. Anyone else feeling sassy?

• Options
    <---- drunk with power

• Options
    edited July 2013
    my family ordered an absurd 24" pizza

for scale: glasses (mine! big head dude's glasses!), pill bottle, watch, full sized dinner plate

i haven't eaten it yet because i'm still nauseated from this morning but everyone is saying it's good

Photo%20Jul%2031%2C%207%2028%2047%20PM.jpg

@Donkey Kong

Organichu on
  • Options

Please don't put me in the same bag as breeders.

I wouldn't impose crotchdroplings on the world if you paid me for it.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Sounds abusive.

i mean, outside? That's where stranger danger happens!

And there's bees out there

not beads

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i don't remember the name but i read one where the mom beat the kid up and threw him in the bathroom. once he was in there, she took some tubing or hose or whatever and ran it under the door, with the other side in a bucket of ammonia or bleach or whatever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_Mr_Tom

this was the one we read

i wouldn't read the synopsis unless you wanna be super bummed out

• Options
    I would eat that pizza

oh yes

• Options
    oh also @sarksus ^^^

• Options

Please don't put me in the same bag as breeders.

I wouldn't impose crotchdroplings on the world if you paid me for it.

I feel the same way, hence my agree.

Just clarifying why I agreed.

Your toes are lovely, I do not wish to step on them.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    my family ordered an absurd 24" pizza

for scale: glasses (mine! big head dude's glasses!), pill bottle, watch, full sized dinner plate

i haven't eaten it yet because i'm still nauseated from this morning but everyone is saying it's good

Photo%20Jul%2031%2C%207%2028%2047%20PM.jpg

@Donkey Kong

for scale couldn't you have placed two foot long rulers end to end?

• Options
    son i ain't got rulers, whaddya think i am some sort of fucking nerd?

• Options

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_Mr_Tom

this was the one we read

i wouldn't read the synopsis unless you wanna be super bummed out

I started reading the synopsis.

NOPE.

Not gonna read the rest of it or the book.

This discussion has been closed.