Options

A friendly desert community [Welcome to Night Vale]

1101112131416»

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    This episode was terrifying.

But the weather in night vale was really cool. Don't forget your dragon proof jackets if you're feeling chilly!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This was the funniest episode and best weather since I don't know when, I am really psyched for the anniversary episode now.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh my god
    The Seans

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ these last few episodes have been crazy
    As for who can turn things around for Night Vale
    Didn't The Man Who Is Not Tall say they would look into Strex duing the story about Them?

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    pretty sure Dana is going to lead the angels in a charge against Strex and their smiling god

unless i misunderstood, they totally confirmed that the giants dana's been hanging out with are angels, right? . like when mayor pamela opened the door into weird slightlytotheleftNightVale she saw the mountain and one of the giants which she called an angel. And in an early episode old woman josie says the angels are ten feet tall

and in an episode about them cecil said dana was leading them into an all consuming light that i think he directly stated was the smiling god?

my memory's not great so this could all be way off

But you can call me on
  • Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    In my head the man who is not tall and the man who is not short are the same average height

But you can call me on
  • Options
    Perhaps the election will factor in somehow since it is seemingly unstoppable

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    yeah
    kevin's tone during that bit implied to me that strex needs that machinery to shut down for some reason besides just stopping the election

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    In my head the man who is not tall and the man who is not short are the same average height

I always thought that was the joke

• Options
    Yes exactly

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Didn't The Man Who Is Not Tall say they would look into Strex duing the story about Them?

I was under the impression the themselves were strexcorp employees

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Langly wrote: »
    Snowbear wrote: »

I was under the impression the themselves were strexcorp employees

They may be NOW, but I believe in the episode about you that they were around.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    YES.
    I take you, Nightvale, to the weather.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Unf this episode. I wanna make out with it

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    I cheered pretty hard when Cecil showed back up.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    That moment when
    the Night Vale theme starts up as Cecil returns

I got chills

• Options
    This latest episode was so well done.
    The cheerful yet menacing hosts, the strange things in the studio, the strange people in the studio
    The triumphant return
    The little quip from Cecil about the ex-employee finally learning what happens when you try and take pictures of cats

REALLY EXCITED to see what happens next episode!

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    So, I haven't gone back and listened again, but it sounded like
    they referred to Dana as "an old woman" when they were talking about the people in the parking lot with the armed angels. or was that someone else?

• Options
    Flarne wrote: »
    they referred to Dana as "an old woman" when they were talking about the people in the parking lot with the armed angels. or was that someone else?

That was
    Old Woman Josie, out near the car lot

• Options
    I wonder if they will do a soft reset of the town now or in the near future, maybe after the election. Most of the named characters have had lots of action and character development so this would be a good time to introduce new mysteries and unknowable terrors

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Flarne wrote: »

That was
    Old Woman Josie, out near the car lot

Didn't they also mention
    The Faceless Old Woman? She seemed to have teamed up with Hiram, or were they both just captured?

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I'm really tired of this Strex arc. It took a cool NPR by way of HPL and turned into a small town vs. MegaCorp storyline. I mean, I dig the show, I'm just tired of this arc.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    But its over now?

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Strex still controls all of Night Vale, Lauren and Kevin are still running lose, Tamika is still imprisoned, and Dana's army has yet to wreck shit up. The arc is still on going with no signs of stopping. I know it's just a matter of opinion, but I really liked the earlier episodes before the show got an arc to it.

• Options
    I feel like the show needed at least some semblance of a plot besides Cecil and Carlos's relationship otherwise it would have just turned into white noise for me (crazy thing happens, nobody cares, crazy thing resolves itself and still nobody cares repeated ad nauseum) the early episodes established a good stable of characters that have developed quite well during the Strex arc. Its why I was saying before after this story ends will we get some more episodes like before which introduces new people around town.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    It's not really megacorp vs small town so much as servants of an unknowable and presumably evil god vs residents of a town in service of very knowable and understood evil.

It's kind of why I like the arc, because it does the hilarious thing of making you actually root for Nightvale.

• Options
    We may be controlled by the City Council, and the Vague, Yet Menacing, Government Agency, and chemtrails, and the Secret Order of Reptile Kings, and the mysterious lights that hover above us, but we will not be controlled by a Smiling God! We are Night Vale! And we are, in our own way, free!

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    that on top of the democratic mayoral election that is actually decided by counting and interpreting (who interprets is anyone's guess) the noises emanating from a mysterious canyon

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    It's not that I'm against story arcs in Night Vale period, sorry if I worded it like that. I'm just really tired of this arc. I just don't find StrexCorp super interesting.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I am digging this story arc a lot, but I do agree that I am excited to get back to a vanilla radio show following the formula they normally use.

• Options
    The live story episodes are pretty good! I could do without all the squeals and cheers, but what are ya gonna do, you know?
    The voicemail from Carlos was really nice.

• Options
    I enjoyed them, but I'm pumped for a regular episode next week. I'm set on the live ones for a few months.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I won't lie, I didn't care much for the live show episodes. They felt like fan service to the highest degree, and the quality of the writing wasn't even close to the normal episodes (likely as a direct result of all the fan service). The resolution of the Strex Corp storyline didn't feel satisfying at all.

That said, at least now we can hopefully get back to the more "normal" episodes that made this podcast great in the first place.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the whole Strexcorp arc. It was nice to have a contiguous storyline for once, even though I'd rather it not be overly often. The standalone episodes within a continuing timeline are, of course, great but it's nice to have some cliffhangers and tension between the episodes every once in a while.

As much as I'd prefer them to be studio recordings rather than live shows, I can certainly understand why they wanted to do those two episodes as their anniversary live shows. I bet they would've been a lot of fun to be at.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Guess who has tickets to the Austin live show next week?

Happy birthday to ME!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oooh no, my brother has a work thing so he can't go!

Uh, anyone in Austin want to go see this with me

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Fly me to Austin pretty please

• Options
    Glad to have the old formula back, pretty great episode.

• Options
    Did I miss something?
    When did Intern Dana become Mayor Dana?

Also holy shit the weather was amazing this week
    Maybe my favorite one yet

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Did I miss something?
    When did Intern Dana become Mayor Dana?

Also holy shit the weather was amazing this week
    Maybe my favorite one yet

Happened on the live episodes right before it