Options

[Wrestling] TNA Bound For Bankruptcy

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Damn that has to be the first time in like, forever that there's been a tag match in WWE featuring everyone involved wearing a mask.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Darth Goldust is a great look

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i can't abide by this thread title because it gets our dear friend big m's last name wrong

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Speaking of Langston he actually used Samoa Joe's old "counter a running charge into the corner with a leg sweep" move on Main Event which I marked out huge for.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Thread title updated for a good cause.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    This is definitely a face Sandow test.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Speaking of Langston he actually used Samoa Joe's old "counter a running charge into the corner with a leg sweep" move on Main Event which I marked out huge for.

He did it last week on Raw in his match against Punk as well. Elgin is doing it in PWG as well, I think he did it against Steen as well at RoH's last iPPV that failed. I'm glad people are doing it, because it's awesome.

• Options
    That was a good match. In fact the whole show so far has been really solid. Vickie and Del Rio would make a great pairing.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    okay Khali trying to the do the million dollar dance got a chuckle from me

• Options
    edited October 2013
    FiP just changed the main event of their PPV tonight from Trent? vs. Jon Davis to Trent? vs. Rich Swann, now I'm sad I didn't get the show.

Actually I am reminded that I can watch CMLL for free so fuck paying for wrestling. http://deportes.terra.com.mx/en-vivo/17743/

Magell on
  • Options
    I hope one day Harper will grace WWE television with this move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6HjjjAzgeg

Also I liked how Rowan used that bearhug. He wasn't lazy with it and really looked like he was trying to hurt Goldust.

• Options
    How the first match on CMLL ended

http://imgur.com/Of0cTWD

The next match was a women's six man tag. A rudo tag team came out to "Single Ladies" it was magical.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    How the first match on CMLL ended

http://imgur.com/Of0cTWD

The next match was a women's six man tag. A rudo tag team came out to "Single Ladies" it was magical.

Botchamania at it's finest.

I could never get into to full Lucha Libre though. Chikara is the closest thing to it I like.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Lucha Libre is such a weird style compared to all other wrestling. It takes me a while to get into the lucha mindset while watching it, but once I do, it's a lot of fun to watch. But I hate that every CMLL match is 2/3 falls.

Magell on
  • Options
    NJPW has King of Pro Wrestling on iPPV Monday night which is something different for us and I don't know what time that is and am too lazy to figure it out.

But it's got Okada vs. Tanahashi and Nakamura vs. Marafuji so it should be pretty fucking awesome. Kota Ibushi also has his first match as a member of NJPW instead of just an indy guy who shows up there. Prince Devitt's pretty prominent on the promo image so I'm sure he's got something going on.

• Options
    Why did it take them so long to sign Ibushi?

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Lucha Libre is such a weird style compared to all other wrestling. It takes me a while to get into the lucha mindset while watching it, but once I do, it's a lot of fun to watch. But I hate that every CMLL match is 2/3 falls.

What you hate is thar every match is 2 out of 3 falls but the first two falls happen in about three and a half seconds so actually it's just a 1 fall for the finish match so the opening are always meaningless nonsense until both wrestlers have got their opening fall.

Two out of Three falls should be how every wrestling match should be, two out of three done right lets you tell a better story in the ring.

And wrestling should be fought over rounds with a fixed limit. And you shouldn't be able to attack an opponent on the ground unless you follow them to the ground. And there should be a public warning system so that the role of the refs is clear. And an immediate quick ten count when a wrestler is knocked down without the opponent following up.

What I'm saying is that classic British wrestling ruled.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Let's talk about Low Ki for a moment, specifically how he came out of "retirement" (that he went into after New Japan shit canned him because he didn't tell them he was going to cosplay as Agent 47 for his Tokyo Dome match) to work for All Japan (lol) and now will probably go back into "retirement" since even All Japan are sick of his shit.
    What shit is that? Well I'm glad you ask, see he pulled out of a couple of matches on a tour with a rib injury. Not a big deal in and of itself, it's just that while he was nursing this injury he decided to pick a fight. A fight with this man:
    I3Jud1Y.jpg

That guy, despite how he looks (or maybe even because of how he looks, who can tell with Japan?), is the last person you really want to fuck with on the All Japan roster. He's a former pancrase protege of Minoru Suzuki and an all around legit bad ass.

So Low Ki now doesn't have a single company left he hasn't pissed off. I think the only guy from the "golden age" of indie wrestling from the start of this decade who is less relevant now than him is Xavier.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Also, hear me out on this, New Japan maybe want to do English commentary to help their company expansion right?
    Well I hear Jim Ross is available right now...just sayin'.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Let's talk about Low Ki for a moment, specifically how he came out of "retirement" (that he went into after New Japan shit canned him because he didn't tell them he was going to cosplay as Agent 47 for his Tokyo Dome match) to work for All Japan (lol) and now will probably go back into "retirement" since even All Japan are sick of his shit.
    What shit is that? Well I'm glad you ask, see he pulled out of a couple of matches on a tour with a rib injury. Not a big deal in and of itself, it's just that while he was nursing this injury he decided to pick a fight. A fight with this man:
    I3Jud1Y.jpg

That guy, despite how he looks (or maybe even because of how he looks, who can tell with Japan?), is the last person you really want to fuck with on the All Japan roster. He's a former pancrase protege of Minoru Suzuki and an all around legit bad ass.

So Low Ki now doesn't have a single company left he hasn't pissed off. I think the only guy from the "golden age" of indie wrestling from the start of this decade who is less relevant now than him is Xavier.

Please tell me he beat the shit out of Low Ki while wearing that same outfit.

And didn't he get that rib injury from jobbing to Akebono?

• Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    I'm not really Big E Langston.

this is messed up

Crossposting from the confession thread because this has to be part of the greatest swerve ever.

This anonymous confession is obviously an attempt to defame the person I may/may not be.

Nice try, Xavier Woods.

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    Also, hear me out on this, New Japan maybe want to do English commentary to help their company expansion right?

I thought Matt Striker was confirmed as their English commentator.

• Options

What you hate is thar every match is 2 out of 3 falls but the first two falls happen in about three and a half seconds so actually it's just a 1 fall for the finish match so the opening are always meaningless nonsense until both wrestlers have got their opening fall.

Two out of Three falls should be how every wrestling match should be, two out of three done right lets you tell a better story in the ring.

And wrestling should be fought over rounds with a fixed limit. And you shouldn't be able to attack an opponent on the ground unless you follow them to the ground. And there should be a public warning system so that the role of the refs is clear. And an immediate quick ten count when a wrestler is knocked down without the opponent following up.

What I'm saying is that classic British wrestling ruled.

I can't stand the round system or not being able to attack a downed opponent.

I think the worst part of 2/3 falls matches in CMLL is that six man tags are like that and to win a match can take between 3-9 falls depending on if a Captain or the two other members of a team are pinned.

I also think CMLL ref's might be the worst at their job.

• Options

No, thankfully that was debunked.

• Options

No, thankfully that was debunked.

What about Striker and Ross? That would make a good combo IMO.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Striker rocks.

He actually gives a shit about history and psychology and putting the people in the ring over.

• Options
    Why is Langston not WWE champion yet?

• Options
    While I don't think Striker is hot garbage on commentary or anything an awful lot of his puro references were often incorrect and that always grated on me, plus I just didn't like his voice very much.
    I think a duo of him and Mauro Ranallo (as was suggested) would have driven me a little bit insane, of course I still think an English commentary team is a great idea and even if it were a team I personally didn't like I'd love to see it happen.

• Options
    I found Striker's appearance on Art of Wrestling interesting, but like Dyvim said dude has an annoying voice that doesn't make for great commentary. I just want commentary teams to be people who get genuinely excited about watching a great match take place and calling the action.

• Options
    I just want commentary teams to call moves or give some kind of insight instead of saying "Oooh! Look at that!"

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I love Big E

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Excalibur for all commentary teams.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I want Delirious on my commentary team with Yoshihiko

• Options
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I should probably get around to watching the first Wrestling Road Diaries one of these days.

In this week's Observer, he listed the wrestlers with the most 4 star matches since 1986 according to data compiled by a fellow named Leonardo Mendez. He also noted that there are a lot of the top Japan promotions that he wasn't covering for a time, mostly in the mid to late 00s, so some of the wrestlers such as KENTA and Kanemoto would have more matches listed if he had covered them.

This interests me as it is some of the only "statistical" stuff that you can get out of wrestling, even though it's obviously quite subjective, aside from other stats that actually mean something such as buy rates, attendance, and what have you.

I don't want to copy the list or anything, but some noteworthy bits include: #1 on the is Kobashi with 141 matches. The first non-Japanese wrestler is Benoit at #4 with 87. Orton has had more than Cena, Undertaker, Christian or Punk (but not Daniel Bryan). Rick Steiner tied for 48th place with 22. In a separate list, where you include only single matches, Kobashi still ranks #1 with 51 but he is tied with Benoit and right behind them is Angle.

• Options
    A Wrestlezone reader in attendance for tonight's WWE Live event in Providence, RI sent in word that Bray Wyatt may have injured himself during the show. Wyatt, who was involved in a 6-man tag team match alongside Erick Rowan and Luke Harper, appeared to have tweaked his leg either when he got out of the ring, chasing Darren Young, or when he was thrown hard into a barricade. The referee gave the "X" symbol to the back, the match ended quickly thereafter, and Bray was carried to the back by the other members of the Wyatt Family.

We will have more information on Bray Wyatt should it become available.

Please don't let it be serious. Bray already got hurt while in NXT and the last thing he needs is a rep for being injury prone. I don't want the entire storyline to be derailed right now.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    haven't watched enough NXT to know if Harper or Rowan could take up the mic work til he gets back

but it would probably break the gimmick irregardless

• Options
    The good thing about Bray's gimmick is that he can be injured and still do what he's doing. It's going to have to be very serious for him not to be able to walk to the ring and sit down and watch Rowan and Harper wrestle a match.

This discussion has been closed.