Options

[Wrestling] TNA Bound For Bankruptcy

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    he can switch to titantron only

and stop walking out with a flashlight lamp

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    haven't watched enough NXT to know if Harper or Rowan could take up the mic work til he gets back

but it would probably break the gimmick regardless

fixed

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aepodcast/theater

The AE Podcast guys are making good on their promise by ending their stream with a 3 on 1 beating of Marc Mero.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    An actual beating of Marc Mero? I could watch that...

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The Wrestling Observer reports that Bray Wyatt suffered a calf injury of some kind during his match on Saturday in Providence, Rhode Island as opposed to a knee injury. The injury was to the right leg and while there aren't many details, the injury is not believed to be a serious one.

Let's hope that's the case.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm not even clicking that link, I'm just assuming it's row upon row of crudely made card board cut outs of people, making the venue look like it's populated with the crowd from No Mercy.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I'm not even clicking that link, I'm just assuming it's row upon row of crudely made card board cut outs of people, making the venue look like it's populated with the crowd from No Mercy.

That would have looked better.

• Options
    Impact apparently scored a .82 and TNA is dropping ticket prices. You can now buy four seats for $40 that were $50 each just a few weeks back.

So, at this point ROH is creeping up on that #2 spot just by not moving backwards.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Spike always wants a wrestling show on their channel correct? If they lose TNA could ROH take their spot?

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Spike always wants a wrestling show on their channel correct? If they lose TNA could ROH take their spot?

God I hope so. That would give TNA a reason to get their shit together and ROH a reason to start booking proper storylines again.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

No, because they are owned or partially owned by Sinclair networks which airs their show. I guess Spike could buy Sinclair out.

• Options
    Here's hoping Spike just can TNA and decide that the world needs a spiritual successor to Wrestling Society X in the worst possible way.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I honestly want Vince to buy TNA and do another NWO promo with the Main Event Mafia or Ace n 8s

Xehalus on
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Magell wrote: »

No, because they are owned or partially owned by Sinclair networks which airs their show. I guess Spike could buy Sinclair out.

True, and considering all the money Spike's been sinking into TNA, they may not be averse to doing that.

Also, jeezus christ, when is TNA going to start running venues that they can actually fill? This is starting to look like end-times WCW here.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Here's hoping Spike just can TNA and decide that the world needs a spiritual successor to Wrestling Society X in the worst possible way.

Start a new promotion and hire all the super talented young indie guys that aren't signed? Naaaaaaaaaaaaah, that'll never work. Let's bring in some names that can carry a brand. What's Tyler Reks doing?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    WSX would actually fit Spike tv really well....may still be running today if it was there instead of mtv.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    what's the point of the new Main Event Mafia without Scott Steiner

• Options
    Considering you can still get 14 second row seats at the Baltimore tapings coming up soon I don't think that show will fill up either.

To be fair, Hell in a Cell still isn't sold out but wrestling has been a notoriously tough sale in the Miami area. Baltimore used to be a hotbed for non-WWE wrestling.

• Options
    Well since they're in Baltimore maybe they can get tips on appealing to and drawing a larger crowd from Kaiju Big Battel.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of KBB am I going to have to start following that too to get the whole Chikara story?

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The sad thing is at Bound For Glory 2012 I was in the second row ring side. They filled Grand Canyon state university arena to maybe 3/4 filled (camera side was mostly empty with spotty seats). There were very little open seats anywhere there was a camera. That pic posted though....damn After BFG2012 I figured a road tour for TNA would be a good thing. Maybe they need to stick with the major wrestling cities and only book college basketball arenas. I know they want to play off like they are big leagues but they need to find a balance between Indy and AAA entertainment until they build up to the A or AAA level again.

• Options
    I think they need to focus on big wrestling cities that have small venues that look awesome on camera, like the Hammerstein Ballroom, shit WWE ran a PPV from their so play off that fact if you want to act big time.

I think TNA's biggest problem is that they have always gotten the best wrestlers they could, and then forced them to try and act and do Sports Entertainment in a way that isn't their bag. If that's what you want you need to grab guys who can do it. And the biggest problem will always them saying they're an alternative to WWE when really they are just WWE-lite, but not even as good as that should be.

• Options
    At this time, it appears that Hulk Hogan will re-sign with TNA Wrestling. TNA began airing advertisements for Bound for Glory that featured Hogan earlier this week.

Hogan reached out to WWE and they reportedly offered him less money than what TNA was willing to give him. According to sources, The Rock and Brock Lesnar make more in a match than what Hogan will make in a year at TNA. It appears that once Hogan found that out, that he made the call to stay with TNA.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Speaking of KBB am I going to have to start following that too to get the whole Chikara story?

Probably yes,
    On that front...a friend of mine went to one of the I am Chikara meet ups, and got Wink's "personal email" and never did anything with it....for giggles I sent him a letter asking him to bring Chikara back..just to see the response. He called me a twit and copied a link to email etiquette on wikihow...hilarious.

Signature lists him as excutive VP of acquisitons at Titor Conglomerate.

Also didnt know Jon Titor was the name listed on an elaborate time travel internet hoax a few years ago.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Speaking of Chikara, the internet anime channel Neon Alley is showing "Three Fisted Tales" as the first episode of the planned 26 to air this Sunday. So they're starting with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAD7_K7soWs

Smart move to start with arguably the best angle the company ever did. They have a one week free trial if anyone is interested but otherwise it's 7 bucks a month.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    At this time, it appears that Hulk Hogan will re-sign with TNA Wrestling. TNA began airing advertisements for Bound for Glory that featured Hogan earlier this week.

Hogan reached out to WWE and they reportedly offered him less money than what TNA was willing to give him. According to sources, The Rock and Brock Lesnar make more in a match than what Hogan will make in a year at TNA. It appears that once Hogan found that out, that he made the call to stay with TNA.

Well, that's that, then. Last one in TNA, hit the lights for us, will you?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    I guess now WWE will try and make sure at least Austin is available for something at Mania 30. For some reason I could see Rock sitting this one out.

• Options
    Blacker than Michael Hayes, it’s Botchamania 238: Hitman 3: Iron Clad Contracts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihczF88YjYs

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    You and me both, Bray.

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hate that everyone has to have a catchphrase now.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Man, Bray talks and the entire arena goes silent and listens. If he really were leading a cult, we'd all be in trouble.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Man, Bray talks and the entire arena goes silent and listens. If he really were leading a cult, we'd all be in trouble.

Remember when he was ending his run on NXT and the crowd would sway in place to his music?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    It always makes me cringe when the Real Americans get cheered. Not that I don't think they (Cesaro especially) deserve all the accolades they can get, but this is not a gimmick that should be cheered.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    RAW has been...uneventful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvrcM23QeGA

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    ADR with perhaps the worst punches ever.

• Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    Goldust is in the main event two RAWs in a row?

What wonderful world are we living in?

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    9 new posts during a 3 hour Raw. Safe to say I can skip this one too.

This discussion has been closed.