BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Steve meeting Woz

jm2O8bha8NX2N.jpg

jbuQhHumA0v9sJ.jpg

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Parents took me out to Shorty's for my last dinner. Now I am uncomfortably full and I still have packing to do, NOT TO MENTION completely cleaning out my car because I sold it to my friend.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TIL my mom really doesn't like Laphroiag

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Omg Steve Jobs manga. O_O

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Load up Skyrim because we were talking about it the other night and I was curious if I was still in love with it.

Whelp I took screenshots because it is pretty!
    11E31A1502D9BF20F541C62E3C87E102D5ECD797
    AF29A5960B09C6C86F6BC521FA955CF7B0C27533

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    ... I dunno why but I just randomly remembered that PA comic that temporarily had Tycho's head replaced by a cock because Mike was mad at Jerry.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Parents took me out to Shorty's for my last dinner. Now I am uncomfortably full and I still have packing to do, NOT TO MENTION completely cleaning out my car because I sold it to my friend.

She didn't buy it

as is?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    The price transparency made possible by the Web has been used to defend consolidation and to counter arguments that it would lead to higher fares. At a congressional hearing back in 2008, airline executives responded to government concerns about the Delta-Northwest merger by insisting that the market-disciplining effect of online sellers such as Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz creates such transparency that it will keep prices low, as Douglas Steenland, then CEO of Northwest Airlines, promised. But Expedia and other online travel agencies have already complained that they've been denied the ability to offer "choice seats" from carriers, including American, which has been embroiled in legal battles with some of them.

At the same time, the airlines are—in concert— planning a new business model that would make it difficult to do apples-to-apples comparisons of airfares. The carriers are planning to roll out "personalized" fares that will be tailored to individual fliers based on things like their travel history, zip code, frequent-flier status, and the like. These fares would not be advertised or published in any publicly accessible database and could jeopardize the transparency consumers have enjoyed for more than a decade, and which the public has been told guarantees fairness and competition in a rapidly consolidating field. While travelers could still shop anonymously, they'd be given every inducement not to do so. "This sounds like Big Brother to me," Representative Cohen said when asked about this bespoke pricing scheme, which is now before the Department of Transportation. The International Air Transport Association, which backs the move, counters that consumers will still be able to compare prices.

i feel like dis would not pass legal review

dis is like perfect price discrimination

poo
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Steve meeting Woz

jm2O8bha8NX2N.jpg

jbuQhHumA0v9sJ.jpg

That is such a hagiography.

Next page is the sermon on the mount :-)

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    And in trying to find it via GIS this loaded up from the comic edit thread instead:

magican.jpg

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I switched back to the usb wifi thingie

4fMw8QI.png

: (

@kaleedity @donkey kong @spool32

That is p bad bro. :(

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Walk in to the club like what up I got a cool mom.

I would totally prefer this version

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    1561_straight_ethernet.jpg

skippy

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Steve meeting Woz

jm2O8bha8NX2N.jpg

jbuQhHumA0v9sJ.jpg

That is such a hagiography.

Next page is the TED Talk in the Silicon Valley. :-)

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I switched back to the usb wifi thingie

4fMw8QI.png

: (

@kaleedity @donkey kong @spool32

That is p bad bro. :(

I get 1.5mbps on a very good day, shaddap. :<

Oh brilliant
  • Options

She didn't buy it

as is?

That was pretty obscure, dude.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Amazing, I love the optics that the explosives expert the mythbusters have brought in is rocking like, tyvek coveralls and a keffiyeh

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    The price transparency made possible by the Web has been used to defend consolidation and to counter arguments that it would lead to higher fares. At a congressional hearing back in 2008, airline executives responded to government concerns about the Delta-Northwest merger by insisting that the market-disciplining effect of online sellers such as Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz creates such transparency that it will keep prices low, as Douglas Steenland, then CEO of Northwest Airlines, promised. But Expedia and other online travel agencies have already complained that they've been denied the ability to offer "choice seats" from carriers, including American, which has been embroiled in legal battles with some of them.

At the same time, the airlines are—in concert— planning a new business model that would make it difficult to do apples-to-apples comparisons of airfares. The carriers are planning to roll out "personalized" fares that will be tailored to individual fliers based on things like their travel history, zip code, frequent-flier status, and the like. These fares would not be advertised or published in any publicly accessible database and could jeopardize the transparency consumers have enjoyed for more than a decade, and which the public has been told guarantees fairness and competition in a rapidly consolidating field. While travelers could still shop anonymously, they'd be given every inducement not to do so. "This sounds like Big Brother to me," Representative Cohen said when asked about this bespoke pricing scheme, which is now before the Department of Transportation. The International Air Transport Association, which backs the move, counters that consumers will still be able to compare prices.

I wonder when the next big advocate against corporations will come into play. It just gets worse and worse.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

I wonder when the next big advocate against corporations will come into play. It just gets worse and worse.

Who was the last?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    It's slowly tipping away from consumers... the disruptions from new tech were all on the consumer's side in the beginning, but the balance has shifted to business and now, more and more, technological disruption comes at the expense of consumers instead of to their advantage.

spool32 on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    anybody trying to play vidya should use ethernet cables

saves so much fkin ballache

i hate wifi so much

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Who was the last?
    Uhh FDR? I have no idea.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So my employee is trying to sell her phone (GS3) on craigslist because she won another one in a sales contest. She said yesterday that she was going to list it for $400.

I came in today and she's all excited because she has a buyer, and he's offering her $490 because she has to ship it. So I look at the address she's writing on the box right before she heads out the door to the post office

It's going to Lagos, Nigeria

/facepalm

I pulled up something about Nigerian PayPal scams and had her read it. She was so disappointed that she would have to relist it

So whenever you're wondering how anyone could possibly be stupid enough to fall for obvious scams, remember: there are people whose only exposure to the internet is Facebook, Twitter, the Chive, and Tumblr. They just haven't run into the Nigerian email scam meme and don't know the warning signs

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

Who was the last?

Nader?

The guy who wrote DeCSS?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Few things make me as happy as watching a fly fisherman waste a day of fishing because he scares off all the fish by standing in the creek.

Hey moron, that only works in fast moving streams or in the movies.

Meanwhile, a guy I know caught his limit in 20 minutes with worms.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I tried to play a (ranked) game of lol

whoops

ping between 1200-2000

fuck computers

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Chooby pls.
    I am not jelly of hipsters. I have nothing but contempt for most of them. The few shining stars that are actually able to monetize their new media projects are vastly outnumbered by the legions of independent coffee shop baristas from The Midwest with a liberal arts degree, an inflated sense of self worth, and a parental gravy train that they're squandering.

Fucking hipsters
    *spit*
    In my experience they start looking real sad in their late 20s, early 30s

burb privilege

@irond will
    I don't live in the suburbs, brah!

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Chooby pls.
    I am not jelly of hipsters. I have nothing but contempt for most of them. The few shining stars that are actually able to monetize their new media projects are vastly outnumbered by the legions of independent coffee shop baristas from The Midwest with a liberal arts degree, an inflated sense of self worth, and a parental gravy train that they're squandering.

Fucking hipsters
    *spit*
    In my experience they start looking real sad in their late 20s, early 30s

burb privilege

@irond will
    I don't live in the suburbs, brah!
    you have hipster glasses im p sure

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

skippy

a) this is a rental

b) my wife flips out about visible wires which is why we now have a lcd instead of a projector

c) jesus christ is technology really this shitty that I can't send data 40 feet through the air from my router to my computer

• Options
    ronya wrote: »

skippy

a) this is a rental

b) my wife flips out about visible wires which is why we now have a lcd instead of a projector

c) jesus christ is technology really this shitty that I can't send data 40 feet through the air from my router to my computer
    yes

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh cheap Chinese food, I love you so much.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wifi isn't necessarily that bad but usb wifi? bleh

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Oh cheap Chinese food, I love you so much.

If it comes in those trapezoid type box containers it's the right kind of Chinese food.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my problem with wifi is very personal. my racist uncle is a paranoid shitlord who has the modem in his room (the basement). so i can't really get access to it and he's crazy about technology, only trusting his router. he has both hardwired and it creates these insane IP conflicts and devices disconnect constantly. also he torrents constantly, unlimitedly, fucking our bandwidth's face.

i think we pay for 16/6? or 25/6? rarely ever get more than 5-6. get dropped from internet connectivity altogether half a dozen times per day.

*fume*

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Fuzzy, this slander will not stand!

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Whelp, first stop will be in Decatur, IL. Still need somebody in Sioux City/Falls and Billings.

This discussion has been closed.