Options

Giant Bomb: Hey guys. I'm Batman.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    is Patrick's talk gonna be one of those open to the public ones or are tickets gonna cost $6,000

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm going to need:

an ouigi board
    an ouya
    a rubberband
    and 3 paperclips

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    would the ted talk running people consider some videogame guy able to draw in big ticket prices

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    luigi's mansion branded ouija board

they could just call it the luigi board

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

holy shit

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    is Patrick's talk gonna be one of those open to the public ones or are tickets gonna cost $6,000

Going by the TEDxMichigan events in October:

TEDxDetroit is a $50 ticket (October 2nd)

TEDxUMDearborn is... well you have to fill out an application for that one? (October 19th)

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Gearbox why can't I stay mad at you
    Yes, Gearbox have loaned Blackbird, a startup made from former-Homeworld devs and others, the right to call their fantastic-looking RTS Homeworld: Shipbreakers. Fashionable news shapes over at Polygon report that a deal was signed at PAX last week:

[“We wanted the project to live and thrive and grow,” said Blackbird chief creative officer Aaron Kambeitz. “We didn’t want it to go to a publisher that would let it die. We reached out to them and congratulated them on [winning the IP] and that turned into a friendship.”

And into an extension of the Homeworld universe.

via RPS

august on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I wanna play Whore of the Orient

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm going to make a game called Cunt of Boston.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Very good

• Options
    Also had no idea until I read that quote that Orient was a derisive term

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    It occurs to me that I should probably eat today, but I can't stop playing fire emblem

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular

It has a much higher academic threshold than other slurs, meaning that you are probably not in the minority

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist seems really solid so far

The controls are amazingly tight

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    BOB DUCCA TRIBUTE TO RYAN HOLY SHIT

This was one of the funniest things I've heard Seth Morris deliver and that is saying quite a lot.

Very awesome of Patrick to make that happen!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

Blacklist controls so fucking smoothly, at least with a controller. Haven't tried KBAM much yet.

The only irksome thing about Sam's movements is that the climbing animations can get a little, uh

unrealistic

when you're flying across a cliff face

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    i'm playing Analogue: A Hate Story and i clicked on a thing and the game spat out this huge error message at me

i stared at it for about two minutes trying to figure out what i was supposed to do to progress before i realized that no, this was an actual error message and that the game had crashed

visual novels...

• Options
    speaking of anime did anyone else know there exists an extremely faithful mega man clone with pretty decent looking production values and level/boss design where mega man and all the robot masters are replaced by anime girls

because they've started to upload SGDQ videos to their youtube account and well now I do

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    i like that you can follow up literally all of my posts with "speaking of anime" and you have about a 98% chance of being on point with that assumption

• Options
    exactly the opening I chose to exploit

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Blacklist controls so fucking smoothly, at least with a controller. Haven't tried KBAM much yet.

The only irksome thing about Sam's movements is that the climbing animations can get a little, uh

unrealistic

when you're flying across a cliff face

look it's just an animus abstraction

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    FN12W1Hl.jpg

alright yeah

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

TEDx talks are independently organized TED events at a local level, there might be tickets but they won't be anywhere near that expensive

Pretty sure it's been gone over in one of these threads, the last time this game came up

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    FN12W1Hl.jpg

alright yeah

who was ernest hemingway?

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Since we're talking about games set in Asia, I guess it's time for my semi-regular 'Where the fuck is Yakuza 5, Sega?' rant.

WHERE THE FUCK IS YAKUZA 5, SEGA?

In Japan, where it is staying forever, just like all of Sega's other Japanese-developed games that don't have the word "Sonic" in the title

• Options
    Sega?

Never heard of 'em.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

I'm glad I could set this up by forgetting the exact name of ouija

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I just beat The Cave, finally. It was okay. It's an adventure game with platforming mashed in, and the platforming adds basically nothing. It's not at all challenging, it just makes it take time for your guys to move from puzzle to puzzle. And there's a lot of backtracking, slow ladder climbing, etc. I liked the story, atmosphere, and graphics though. I played as the Scientist, Adventurer, and Time Traveler, so three cheers for an all-female party.

• Options
    *Mute what the hell are you wearing on your head

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I still love how this John Drake Flash Drive came with the unedited 1:30 clip of Ryan burning the money. Why? WHO CARES!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

TEDx talks are independently organized TED events at a local level, there might be tickets but they won't be anywhere near that expensive

Pretty sure it's been gone over in one of these threads, the last time this game came up

It was me that brought it up because I was kinda pissed on a game grumps ep egoraptor was so befuddled by it being a slur and then riffing on it by saying "well they call noodle flavours oriental so..."

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Ah, that's right. I liked LA Noire a lot but they've basically guaranteed that I will not play their next game.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Ah, that's right. I liked LA Noire a lot but they've basically guaranteed that I will not play their next game.

I think they guaranteed that you'd never get the chance to

YaYa on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    If you are asked, say I sent the video games away. Tell them that I sent them to Cyprus, or Cipango, or that I dropped them into the sea. Tell them anything to keep men away from this place. These video games must not be found.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I would imagine they will rename it, but I'm going to give it a wide berth regardless.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    All men, in the vertiginous moment of coitus, are the same man. All men who repeat a line from anime are anime.

• Options
    lb4.jpg

• Options
    just call it Shanghai

that name already carries a ton of atmosphere on its own

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Seriously. Whore of the Orient sounds like it should be a title for a book from the 1800s that Edward Said uses as his primary example while establishing his arguments.

The hell are they thinking?

This discussion has been closed.